The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

FISHSTICKS

All that said, the strong and sound recommendation is that you get a factory charger, and they're not very expensive!

To be fair to S&B the charger is reasonable priced and will buy one , it's just that I need to test the Mighty and check that it works as the seller got it in a job lot without the charger he's not a vaporist .I also don't wanna use a universal one and break what could potentially be a working mighty at a reasonable price and have to end up paying more to fix it than new lol.

use any one
some users even have a portable battery to charge/use on the go without ever going no-battery. sweet.

Portable battery sounds good maybe that would be the way to go to test the unit

Last edited by a moderator:

biohacker

Yep, always max temp 210c for bong snaps! Not the densest vapour output due to the mainly convection profile, but a long heat soak can change that. I've only used the SonG and muzzmod, I haven't seen what else PIU carries, but I imagine it's the standard WPA that is kinda meh.

biohacker,

vaporist4LIFE

Yep, always max temp 210c for bong snaps! Not the densest vapour output due to the mainly convection profile, but a long heat soak can change that. I've only used the SonG and muzzmod, I haven't seen what else PIU carries, but I imagine it's the standard WPA that is kinda meh.
I thought there was a decent amount of conduction going on (70/30)?

biohacker

I'd say more 70/30 in favour of convection. Add in the capsules, and even more convection IMHO.

biohacker,

vaporist4LIFE

I'd say more 70/30 in favour of convection. Add in the capsules, and even more convection IMHO.
That's what I meant sorry I didn't clarify . Package wise it looks like just the thing.im a very active person (running, hiking, etc) so I'm looking for that heavy hitter that's relatively easy to load and delivers those lung busters! And I remember you from when I read the grasshopper thread lol

biohacker

The GH can output way better thicker vapour IMO when it works properly. The GH replaced my Mighty and Crafty, until it didn't. :brow: If it was actually somewhat reliable, I wouldn't be such a S&B portable fan, but as it stands now IMO only I think the S&B portables are the best on the market at the moment.

bobo305

which wpa works best with the mighty? delta3d cu wpa looks cool, the one that replaces the standard c.u. is it better than the stopper type one like in the above video?

bobo305,

vaporist4LIFE

DIY Muzzmod is the way to go IMO! However my girlfriend prefers the CU even when she uses it through water for that "extra" filtration/cooling effect, so she likes the SonG. All depends on your needs, muzzmod soils your glass alot more obviously.
Where is the muzzmod available ?

vaporist4LIFE,
Reactions: MinnBobber

bobo305

DIY Muzzmod is the way to go IMO! However my girlfriend prefers the CU even when she uses it through water for that "extra" filtration/cooling effect, so she likes the SonG. All depends on your needs, muzzmod soils your glass alot more obviously.
I have no idea what your talking about? muzz who? mod what?

ChooChooCharlie

which wpa works best with the mighty? delta3d cu wpa looks cool, the one that replaces the standard c.u. is it better than the stopper type one like in the above video?

@ohmygodimsohigh created a nice vid comparing WPAs. I especially like the "recovery breaths" around the 19 minute mark. He seems to prefer @Ratchett 's model that replaces the top of the CU.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-mighty-by-storz-bickel.16000/page-373#post-1073098

While you're on that page 373, read other posts as well.

I was never much of a water tool user, and still don't use them. Good luck, but keep in mind, the Mighty was not designed to be used like this, and inverted use on a water tool in the wrong hands ... hmm, thinking water gravity blowback if unit not removed near end of hit, or mystery resin condensate accumulating in the heater airpath, uggg, gives me the heebie jeebies.

biohacker

hmm, thinking water gravity blowback if unit not removed near end of hit, or mystery resin condensate accumulating in the heater airpath, uggg, gives me the heebie jeebies.

Not an issue IMO, and resin cannot survive the heat of the heater airpath. Never had a problem though, including any water blowback whatsoever.

The only problem I did have in fact, was the integrity of the muzzmod. Eventually they fall apart, and many people just give up on them altogether.

To be honest, in hindsight, I don't think the Mighty is much for water tools, as the CU is so darn effective, and as you can see from my video, the Mighty doesn't "milk" that well. Take a look at my Grasshopper vids if you want to see the REAL definition of milk!

Bomb33

To each their own. I want milk. But at what cost and how many headaches. I'll keep waiting. But the mighty has performed without a hiccup and is still performing like new after heavy use. Price tag is worth every penny. And the water is good to go at 210 and be done in A minute.lol. good for a father of two little ones. But yes native is the way to go. Been using co2 distillate and Kief for sammys now. Very delicious and long lasting. Can't complain here. This thing is unbelievable. No lie. For now I'm just buying like a mofo so many strains and experimenting that way. Lol waiting for something new from s&b lol

Bomb33,

MinnBobber

I have no idea what your talking about? muzz who? mod what?
A member here, elmomuzz, made a DIY Mighty adapter for a secure connection of a glass joint.
My version is pictured below and biohacker-- they don't all fall apart if built to the max.
MuzzMod.jpg

You cannibalize a Mighty CU to get the threaded end, so you can epoxy a glass joint onto it.
I micro cut the CU piece, saved some extra edging for extra mounting points for the epoxy to bond to, etched the plastic base, etched the glass bottom for a tighter bond, applied the high temp JBWeld in 4 sessions to get a perfect seal.
It is rock solid. Probably had 4 hours labor into the sucker
Muzzmod allows you a perfect connection to glass OR a shorty almost all-glass vapor path for straight hits.
With Muzzmod off, Mighty also takes up less room.
P.S. for longevity, folks should twist on/off by the Mighty plastic piece, not by the glass joint

vaporist4LIFE

A member here, elmomuzz, made a DIY Mighty adapter for a secure connection of a glass joint.
My version is pictured below and biohacker-- they don't all fall apart if built to the max.
MuzzMod.jpg

You cannibalize a Mighty CU to get the threaded end, so you can epoxy a glass joint onto it.
I micro cut the CU piece, saved some extra edging for extra mounting points for the epoxy to bond to, etched the plastic base, etched the glass bottom for a tighter bond, applied the high temp JBWeld in 4 sessions to get a perfect seal.
Muzzmod allows you a perfect connection to glass OR a shorty almost all-glass vapor path for straight hits.
P.S. for longevity, folks should twist on/off by the Mighty plastic piece, not by the glass joint
Wow great effort ! Seems like a decent amount of work.i think when I do get one I will try PIU adapter or get delta studios song .I have a universal adapter from him that works great wirh the vapcap .oh the list just keeps getting bigger..about to pull the trigger on a sov. As well :D

vaporist4LIFE,
Reactions: MinnBobber

vapviking

Old & In the Way
This thing is unbelievable. No lie. For now I'm just buying like a mofo so many strains and experimenting that way.
HA!
The Mighty isn't known for being a conservative device (though there are ways!).
MuzzMod.jpg

Couldn't agree more with this. But maybe it's not for everyone. My first muzzmod did fail after a couple of hours (only in that some resin would seep out one small area). Being a cabinetmaker, I was undaunted, though disappointed, and tried again with a different glass piece than before and while my use of muzzmod has tapered off (other vapes in use) it comes out a couple of times/week and works GREAT.
btw, what do you mean by 'micro cut'?

On the sparse occasion it comes up, I like to shout out and thank the now venerated @elmomuzz for this!

vapviking,
Reactions: elmomuzz

vaporist4LIFE

:uhoh:Dang VAS is creeping up on me, Mighty on its shoulders !! Ugh decisions decisions ...glass or new vape .
Or vape and dh gate glass ? So many options I need help

vaporist4LIFE,

Carlos8400

I have those and they work great:

https://www.vaposhop.com/vaporizer_accessoires/crafty-mighty-water-adapter/

I never use the mighty with water anymore now that i have the Herbo Ti, but i never had any problems with the adapters whilst i used them.

IMO if you are going to go through the trouble of using a water tool there isn't really a point using the Mighty. What it does best is native with a glass mouthpiece.

biohacker

Or vape and dh gate glass ? So many options I need help

Vape + dh glass FTW! $50 or $200 it all breaks the same! ;) You can get some sick pieces on dhgate.

I never use the mighty with water anymore now that i have the Herbo Ti,

:tup:

IMO if you are going to go through the trouble of using a water tool there isn't really a point using the Mighty.

I pretty much agree....I used to use it with water alot, but feel it's kinda pointless, but everyone is different. With the muzzmod it's pretty decent with water, but the airflow is so wide open that you can get massive cooled hits native due to the effective CU.

What it does best is native with a glass mouthpiece.

Do you really notice a difference with that glass mouthpiece add-on?

vaporist4LIFE

I have those and they work great:

https://www.vaposhop.com/vaporizer_accessoires/crafty-mighty-water-adapter/

I never use the mighty with water anymore now that i have the Herbo Ti, but i never had any problems with the adapters whilst i used them.

IMO if you are going to go through the trouble of using a water tool there isn't really a point using the Mighty. What it does best is native with a glass mouthpiece.
Gotcha.and I can see how it would be great for vaping in bed or on the go ad such.but I enjoy the heck out of glass and there's no doubt it changes the experience for the better imo . Aaand email sent to randy :D

vaporist4LIFE,
Reactions: tonuzzi
Top Bottom