The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

biohacker

no one who owns one is sitting around wishing for a 2.0 version. :2c:

Oh man, i'd love a 2.0 with removable batteries and an even faster heatup! But I know what you mean, in terms of function! S&B nailed it. Shame the Crafty has issues (battery and reliability), but at least they admit that it was an afterthought to the mighty Mighty! Time place and purpose for both I suppose, just like their desktop models. We're fortunate to have S&B around and i'm always interested in whatever else they have to offer. IF anything comes out that's new i'll be the first to pull the trigger, regardless of cost!

Baron23

I'd love to see S&B step out from the plastic/composites with the portables and show me something titanium :D
Gosh, their plastic enclosures...and even the MP...just don't seem to offend me at all.

Ti exterior case would cost a FORTUNE! I don't think Ti can be stamped so perhaps it would have to be milled?? Many $$$$ for that.

Also, Ti will conduct heat to your hand pretty dang good....which is not good.

Just thinking out loud.

:-)

MonkeyTime

I'd love to see S&B step out from the plastic/composites with the portables and show me something titanium :D

Gosh, their plastic enclosures...and even the MP...just don't seem to offend me at all.

Ti exterior case would cost a FORTUNE! I don't think Ti can be stamped so perhaps it would have to be milled?? Many $$$$ for that.

Just thinking out loud.

Their plastic is pricey, I can't imagine what Ti would cost! But add removable batteries and I'm in no matter the cost!

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I should've kept my mouth shut. Now all of you are sitting around dreaming of a 2.0 feature set! :p

The Mighty is plastic and pretty ugly, but it doesn't bother me at all. I don't really care that it doesn't stand....I'd only knock it over if it did. A removable battery would be nice....but I don't really care that much.

Hey, I'm down for a 2.0. I'll give em my CC number right now. But there's almost nothing about The Mighty that I would change, other than price, and I always want stuff to be cheaper. :lol:

biohacker

A removable battery would be nice....but I don't really care that much.

Yeah same here, I find external batteries to be a pain really, and the Mighty's battery life is quite exceptional IMO.

But there's almost nothing about The Mighty that I would change

Not even a smaller form factor? Throw the Mighty tech into a Crafty form and i'd be in real heaven there. With Grasshopper like heatup time? Shit yes.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

Just thinking out loud.

It sounds like you've had better luck than me, their plastic is weaker now in my opinion, my Volcano is over a decade old so I've been using S&B products for a while... I don't think it's as durable as it used to be.

I don't see why titanium would cost a fortune? A Ti grasshopper is cheaper than a Mighty, and Storz & Bickel definitely charges a premium aerospace grade price in my book. I want something that is not going to break, and their current plastic breaks. I'm assuming a "Mighty 2" doesn't need to look just like the current one, so I'm not basing a build cost on a hypothetical wish list.

ChooChooCharlie

...The Mighty is plastic and pretty ugly...

But...but...the beauty of the modularity, the gaps of precious insulating space between the components. From the side it looks architectural IMO. Do a thought experiment: imagine designing the Mighty before you saw it. Gotta have those two batteries, hmmm, where to put them ... let's flatten out the Enterprise, one batt on each side of the heater. Yeah, that will work. CU: Dean vortex cooling via rectangular channels -- this is more than just added surface area cooling. How about suspending CU above the rest, with another air gap? Check. This thing will get hot, hmmm, maybe ribbed fins with dual purpose of cooling and offering coolest spots where your hand holds it. Hey, we better make the base flat, so it stands by itself. Well, the damn thing has two vertical batteries and a heater with weight distributed evenly, it's gonna tip. Maybe make base wider, nope, still tippy and base too big now. Crap. Well, @nenmayk got thinking, and came up with a cool swing out wing stabilization feature. I can stand it on a carpet or even on a bed. Wings are the key. I have his original aluminum 2qan, and it still amazes me. After session, twist off CU and bump open the wings with my palm so I can set it down. S&B can't think of everything, I suppose.

biohacker

I still think they should have went with a Crafty flat bottom. Way less chance of tipping than either balancing it on its own, or using the stir tool either direction. Regardless, aesthetics is a matter of personal preference, and I look at form and function over that. Alot of people complain about the looks of the Supreme vape as well, but I don't see it like they do. This is a vaporizer forum, not an art forum as @OF says...

Hey I remember the old FC, still preferred that software and the awesome "green", but i've adapted to this one and quickly forget about the past, however as @invertedisdead indicated, sometimes newer isn't always better. But that's society these days.

biohacker,
Reactions: Receptor

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Not even a smaller form factor? Throw the Mighty tech into a Crafty form and i'd be in real heaven there. With Grasshopper like heatup time? Shit yes.
I guess...I mean, whatever...heatup time doesn't bother me, and I don't really find the form factor to be too large. Sure, if they make it prettier and smaller with the exact same features and performance, great. But I really don't have enough passion about any of those issues.

Some people look at The Mighty and think "what if?" I look at The Mighty and think "damn!"....:lol:

biohacker

Some people look at The Mighty and think "what if?" I look at The Mighty and think "damn!"....:lol:

I hear ya, I think i'm in the wrong thread, and should be in the Crafty thread thinking "what if?" :D I LOVE its form factor for portability, but would love it even more if it had the Mighty's display and battery fortitude.

For at home and around the house, or even somewhat portability, the Mighty form factor suits my needs and large hands just dandy!

And it's actually dependable! :nod:

vaporist4LIFE

Nice to see S&B do a price drop on every model.the bowl looks much smaller than I remember . But oh my gosh the dosing capsules are truth !! Keeps everything so clean and I know will produce the finest reclaim to be had or harvested rather ;)
I will be busy tomorrow filling a few capsules for sure .
Soaking wise for the CU,10 minute iso soak without o rings safe? Would like to hear anyone's particular method of collecting reclaim.
I guess...I mean, whatever...heatup time doesn't bother me, and I don't really find the form factor to be too large. Sure, if they make it prettier and smaller with the exact same features and performance, great. But I really don't have enough passion about any of those issues.

Damn indeed !!
Just had.to turn off the mighty mid session. ..I got hit hard ! I'm trying not to rant about these dosing capsules but they seem to work so well. Zero mess in the bowl or CU.
Great day even better night,
Goodnight FC :)

biohacker

How much do you guys put in the capsules? Is it possible to put in too much? I still can't figure out why your experiences are so great with them, and why several others hate them?

biohacker,

Baron23

It sounds like you've had better luck than me, their plastic is weaker now in my opinion, my Volcano is over a decade old so I've been using S&B products for a while... I don't think it's as durable as it used to be.

I don't see why titanium would cost a fortune? A Ti grasshopper is cheaper than a Mighty, and Storz & Bickel definitely charges a premium aerospace grade price in my book. I want something that is not going to break, and their current plastic breaks. I'm assuming a "Mighty 2" doesn't need to look just like the current one, so I'm not basing a build cost on a hypothetical wish list.
I would have to take your word on the quality of their plastic over time, I defer to your greater experience.

As to Ti....well, yeah, a Ti Hopper is less than a Mighty but its more than a SS Hopper. My point is that a large enclosure (case) out of Ti would (I think) have to be milled. I don't know how they make Hopper bodies.

Cheers

Baron23,

vaporist4LIFE

How much do you guys put in the capsules? Is it possible to put in too much? I still can't figure out why your experiences are so great with them, and why several others hate them?
I've been packing pretty tight .doesn't hurt airflow any if at all . I get at least 10 lung busters before it tapers off.
Side note -I'm enjoying temp stepping a tad with this guy.start at 390 then after 8 hits or so bump up to 400-410 for 3-4 big hits.
Delta studios is also working on a new WPA !!

biohacker

I think I wasn't packing enough in the capsules, and was getting more lung busters by simply having more material in the direct pack method.

Have you direct packed yet?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Just do everyone knows mighty from PIU ships with one dosing capsule. Almost cried unpacking lol.
Feels like 420 again.time to blastoff! !!
To infinity and beyond :D
Hope you are enjoying Mighty.
From the product page on S&B website:
Product information
Overview
Great performance, pocket sized. The battery-powered MIGHTY uses a patented combination of full hot air convection heating and additional conduction, which ensures an efficient vaporization from the very first draw.

Scope of delivery

• 1 pc. MIGHTY Vaporizer
  • 1 pc. Power Adapter 110 Volt
  • 1 Set of Spare Seal Rings
  • 3 pc. Spare Screen (approx. Ø 15 mm)
  • 1 pc. Liquid Pad (approx. Ø 15 x 5 mm)
  • 1 pc. Filling Aid
  • 1 pc. Herb Mill
  • 1 pc. Dosing Capsule
  • 1 pc. Cleaning Brush
  • 1 pc. Instructions for Use

darbarikanada

I still can't figure out why your experiences are so great with them, and why several others hate them?

when they came out with the capsules, there was a lot of discussion of pros and cons. in the end, I'd say the verdict was that it's not a dramatic difference as far as the experience - it's more about convenience, like if you're going to be outside for a while, or want to make a quick changes between different strains. if you're just looking for the optimal mighty 'experience', you probably don't need the capsules. they leave the chamber cleaner - but you have to deal with the capsules getting stuck, etc. from everything I've read here, the mighty just works, no tweaking necessary.

I think this is a lot of the reason why people love vapcaps - they're more 'hands on', require technique and attention, while the mighty's just 'wait for the vibration and suck'. a 4 year old could manage it. (disclaimer: this is not an endorsement of children vaping)

Whissmu

I wouldn't sell it. No, not the brand new thing on the block, but aside from heat up time, what function or performance is being offered out there by other portables that the Mighty doesn't have.

To me, its solid build, S&B reliable and consistent extraction, easy to operate, no technique needed, and it will eat up just about anything you put in it.

I have been using dosing capsules and making small herb/concentrate sandwiches and vaping it in the Mighty. Fully extracts and when I'm done the AVB is a nice dark coffee color.

There are smaller vapes out there, there are ones that operate perhaps better as a one hitter or with very small loads, but even though its not some startling new vape tech, its still rock solid and does the job.

There are only two things I would wish for the Mighty 2; replaceable batteries and heat to 365 in 20 seconds.

Just my thoughts

@Baron23 Thank you very much for your thoughts! :tup:

Thank you guys! I already decided to save my myghty until the next version, jis, jis!:rockon:

Thank you all for making the way easier :clap:

subway13029

i was told he was just tweaking his design and using his more,sturdy material but still can't use without part of cu ala the muzzmod. Still doesn't have access to heat safe materials to be used in vapor path..but still should be improvements on the older one.

Top Bottom