The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
@elmomuzz turned me on to the Micro-Start, works well. Then I got this portable power supply to run my telescope and found it would run my Mighty, Crafty, and EVO all at the same time . . . :brow:

xp1.jpg

---
power(1).jpg

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I
@elmomuzz turned me on to the Micro-Start, works well. Then I got this portable power supply to run my telescope and found it would run my Mighty, Crafty, and EVO all at the same time . . . :brow:

xp1.jpg

---
power(1).jpg
Can't have the vape go down while stargazing!
I still have my eye on a Micro Start.
I put 2 layers of blue painter's tape over the Mighty's screen for outside at night...

Apexisto

I finally got Mighty and I can say vapor production and battery life is good. I vaped peppermint and lemongrass and I liked it. Next week, I will vape blue dream.

How often should I clean the cooling unit?
Is that enough that after vaping I will blow off all remaining herbs?

Mr. Me2

I finally got Mighty and I can say vapor production and battery life is good. I vaped peppermint and lemongrass and I liked it. Next week, I will vape blue dream.

How often should I clean the cooling unit?
Is that enough that after vaping I will blow off all remaining herbs?
There's no hard and fast rule for cu cleaning. Personally, I just keep my eye on the cu screen and when it looks like build up is accumulating, I prepare for an ISO soak (truth be told, I have multiple cu's, so I rotate until they're all ready for a cleaning).

I think it depends on frequency of use. Plus, I always use a spacer screen for smaller loads, and that likely helps keep my cu clean(er). But I can go up to a month between cleanings/switch outs. But I've read others here who need to clean much more frequently.

You can blow off any debris, but I find using the S&B brush works great to take care of that stuff.

ChooChooCharlie

I pulled the trigger on a Mighty. My other two S&B vapes wanted a threeway. I like to watch.
Arriving tomorrow, so I'll have another mouth to feed.

Avoid that embarrassing moment when you realize you are vaping a capsule of ABV.
Insert the spent ABV capsules upside down in the travel sleeve.

tLANpCP.jpg

I use this rolling tray to fill capsules, but @Ratchett is working on a capsule filling tray. Pax3 pods won't be the only game in town. Any dispensary could offer pre-filled S&B capsules in a labeled paper sack, filled with that dispensary's choice, using the planned larger capacity filling tray.

Gregg K

Vape my day!
This kind of battery ?

How many charging you do with ?

I got one charge. I started with fully charged batteries. 4 sessions and the Mighty was at one bar. I put the battery pack on, and it charged fully. I used the Mighty for another 4 sessions, and tried to charge, but nothing happened. The Mighty turns on, sees the battery, and turns off. It's probably looking for a minimum voltage, and doesn't see it.
I could measure voltages, and try and figure out what's going on, but I don't see much point. It's kind of a failure, unless one charge is worth it.

Meanwhile, I love this thing! 190C seems to be my favorite temp setting. I tried 210C, and it doesn't emphasize the goodness of the buds. This is like espresso of cannabis.

Kasish

I got one charge. I started with fully charged batteries. 4 sessions and the Mighty was at one bar. I put the battery pack on, and it charged fully. I used the Mighty for another 4 sessions, and tried to charge, but nothing happened. The Mighty turns on, sees the battery, and turns off. It's probably looking for a minimum voltage, and doesn't see it.
I could measure voltages, and try and figure out what's going on, but I don't see much point. It's kind of a failure, unless one charge is worth it.

Meanwhile, I love this thing! 190C seems to be my favorite temp setting. I tried 210C, and it doesn't emphasize the goodness of the buds. This is like espresso of cannabis.
Ur getting 4 sessions from the mighty? I was getting that from the crafty..

Gregg K

Vape my day!
0.18gms per bowl. That's about 15 minutes each. Four of those. So about an hour of running time. A little less, probably.
I forgot to mention, I didn't want to run the batteries down to zero. So I used it down to one bar. I was just doing a preliminary test to see what would happen. And I'm slowly puffing away. I could get a lot more sessions if I went faster. Plus, it also depends on ambient temp.; temperature setting.
Anyways, I think this thing is amazing. Different strains want their own temp. I always thought bongs were too fast and furious, like a toilet. You can savor every aspect of the bud this way.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
0.18gms per bowl. That's about 15 minutes each. Four of those. So about an hour of running time. A little less, probably.
I forgot to mention, I didn't want to run the batteries down to zero. So I used it down to one bar. I was just doing a preliminary test to see what would happen. And I'm slowly puffing away. I could get a lot more sessions if I went faster. Plus, it also depends on ambient temp.; temperature setting.
Anyways, I think this thing is amazing. Different strains want their own temp. I always thought bongs were too fast and furious, like a toilet. You can savor every aspect of the bud this way.
I converted to vaping from combusting overnight about 3-1/2 years ago and have had 4 different vapes now. I am continually surprised by my own fickle/changing behaviors and the methods, temps., the water, all these variables, and what I'm finding is that change alone is something that enhances the whole experience.
A swift kick high temp. from a Grasshopper thru water can be very effective very quickly (approaching bong-like intensity), then the next day all nice lower temp. sessions with Mighty seems the best of all possible worlds. That's not to say Mighty can't do big rips; it certainly can!

Beside the Mighty itself and the experience of vaping, are you noticing now more of the subtleties of vape effects as compared to combustion effects? This is a ride worthy of the long haul, imo!

For your extended travel away from power source, and ease of travel, the dosing caps are great. I would think you'd want to finish a bowl a little quicker, to conserve battery. On average, you can vape at least one magazine (8 caps ) from a charge. They just seem to extract a little faster and a little more thoroughly. Some have likened their use to pure convection vaping. And take a look at that Anti-Gravity Micro Start - @t-dub shows one a few posts up. The Model XP-1 comes with a cord/plug that fits Mighty; you'll get multiple full charges. Granted, a little heavy, depending...

Last edited:

Gregg K

Vape my day!
I find it hard to believe how much you get from vaping versus torching. It's an array of things. The one I find interesting is after it seems everything is gone, I'm still getting invisible hits that make me cough like crazy.
Just got this case. Fits the Might with enough room for some buds. Now I can go for a run, and not worry about dropping it.
Incredible clouds from nowhere
IMG_1430.jpg
IMG_1436.jpg
IMG_1435.jpg

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
After a couple of months of thinking I had no use for them, I finally took the plunge and got the dosing capsules. (I got the 40 pack from Vape Nation....12 bucks, free shipping. I'll never need 40 of them though...or will I? :lol:)

I wish I had tried them sooner. I use the Mighty exclusively with the concentrate pad on top, in order to keep my loads small since I vape by myself usually. This has worked great, but the dosing capsules take this approach to the next level.

So many advantages...bowl stays clean...you can load up a smorgasbord of different strains to keep them at the ready at all times...the flavor is better than with the pads....they are just a great accessory.

The only downside is, unlike the pad, they let debris through into the CU to some extent, so I'll be cleaning my cooling unit more frequently. Small price to pay for all the other advantages though.

If anyone's on the fence about trying them...hop off and give 'em a whirl. You'll be happy you did. :2c:

Pears

Just got my RMA shipment in! My Mighty's power button broke and has left me using a Pax 2 since. (I know how spoiled the Mighty makes me now). They sent me a whole kit back as replacement, I love S&B :love:. They even include a free dosing capsule with the kits now :p

Edit: Just tried the dosing capsule, great more stuff I need to buy.

Last edited:
Pears,
Reactions: Kasish

onthewhatnow

Can someone let me know if the below is normal (coloured block above battery indicator)? I don't remember seeing it before. It's also present when the unit is on..

r4psqrG.jpg

Gregg K

Vape my day!
Yours is more prominent than mine. I can see it if it's in the sun; but it's barely detectable in the shade. Mine also appears to be less bright. Weird.

Murk

Hi folks. First of all sorry for my Bad English. On February i got my mighty directly from Storz-bickel in Germany. I was really impressed about its clouds and Power. A have also a Solo that was giving me good clouds, but the mighty is defenitly playing in another League. Im not a heavy User, Maybe 3-4 times a week. Now, last week a noticed that the 2 minutes autoshutoff is not working anymore. I vape at 170-185C and, beside the autoshutoff, im not getting the dense clouds anymore like on the beginning..thinking about sending it to Germany. The point is that i actualy live in brazil and probably will get some troubles with fees when they send it back to me. Do some of you guys also actualy had problems with autoshutoff and weak, not dense clouds? Thx a lot

Murk,

Apexisto

By the way, how to clean the cooling unit? I have a hard time to disassemble it to the pieces because the inhalation pipe does not detach... I could use force but there is a risk that I will break the cooling unit and then I need to buy a new one...

Last edited by a moderator:
Apexisto,
Starting to have another build quality issue again. When I hold my Mighty and press on the sides, I hear this creaking like sound. I can also push a part of the housing slightly in. I can't separate any of it. The housing also feels uneven on one side too. Definitely not turning it in until it it's totally broken, but I can easily say that the build quality is shit for a $340 device. Even the flowermate's housing is made of better materials. Maybe I just got a terribly built Mighty in the first place. I should have gotten a new unit when I RMA'd it. Instead, I get the same device that's still prone to housing issues and has a peeling sticker on the back.

RangerDanger,
Top Bottom