The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I don't know what it is about the Mighty or just flower vaping in general but I'm getting throat irritation and way too much dryness/dehydration and I'm trying everything to not make this happen.

Took 2 inhalations of the Mighty at 360 degrees this morning in native mode and I would think it shouldn't be irritating to the throat even without a water piece considering I used such a low temp?

My sinus passages feel a bit irritated but the throat thing and dryness of the throat is something I really can't stand especially considering I need my voice to sing.

I'm buying the best of the best (Volcano classic is on the way) to try to find a way to vape flower comfortably. I really want to make this work and do not want to go back to combustion.

Whatever negatives there are with combustion (plenty I know) I didn't get these types of side effects especially with 1 or 2 hits combustion micro-dosing. I'm getting frustrated with this whole process.

Wish I was as happy about flower vaping as everyone else is here yet it's not quite working for me?

I love the herb and the healthiest way of consumption is first and foremost the most important thing for me. Edibles and tinctures are too heavy for me to try doing daily and I'm not crazy about the edible hangover.

I would be pretty surprised if your issues went away with the Volcano, it probably produces the the driest vapor of any device I've owned.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
. Some folks here like restricted air flow but for myself it seems to be a problem and something I'll avoid in the future.
I personally wouldn’t describe the Mighty airflow as “restricted”. It’s as airy as portables get IME. I also never get particulates in my mouth or throat no matter how I use it (capsules, native. either screen....)

I think your issues likely supersede the Mighty, whatever is causing them. :2c: Good luck in resolving this....hopefully you can figure it out and vape accordingly.

Last edited:

Mookie0608

just wondering if anyone else has an alternative just as good screen wise for both top and bottom unit other then the stock screens. There so pricey and don’t get much. I tried using a regular ss screen from a tobacco shop in too unit and it did need seem to fit very well. After 1 session it was ruined mostly from trying to clean off the screen. Dosing capsules help but don’t always use them and it annoys me when they start sticking to the cooling unit and I don’t think they work well once stuck since not sitting on the heat source fully.

Mookie0608,
Reactions: shredder

Truth Seeker

Do you think the concentrate pad should be heated up prior to use? Maybe put it in the chamber empty and let the unit run for a little bit?

I guess you can do half bowls in both the mighty and the volcano if you put the concentrate pad on top? Does anybody do this it doesn’t help create more of a convection to your vapor?

Truth Seeker,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
just wondering if anyone else has an alternative just as good screen wise for both top and bottom unit other then the stock screens. There so pricey and don’t get much. I tried using a regular ss screen from a tobacco shop in too unit and it did need seem to fit very well. After 1 session it was ruined mostly from trying to clean off the screen. Dosing capsules help but don’t always use them and it annoys me when they start sticking to the cooling unit and I don’t think they work well once stuck since not sitting on the heat source fully.
They don't give you enough screens for the price of the Mighty, I agree. There are a few retailers who sell the screen packs....you might find a cheaper price. (Try puffitup....they usually have a 15% off code.) I've tried FF screens....they are close but ultimately a little too small. I've never found other screens that really work.

As for the capsules sticking to the CU screen....what is the issue? That you can't get them off easily? (If so, just pop it back in the Mighty and heat it up again....the capsule will heat, loosen, and no longer stick to the CU....then you can open the Mighty and just invert it and drop the capsule out...but don't drop it in your hand, it's HOT....) I'm not sure about them losing contact with heat once they're stuck. There's not really any extra room between the top of the capsule and the CU even when it's cold, so when it's stuck, the bottom of the capsule is still making contact with the floor of the bowl. (Plus it's getting conduction from the steel on the side of the bowl, conduction from the metal of the capsule itself, and of course the convection from the hot air moving over it when you draw....) Net/net the "sticking" phenomenon shouldn't make any difference in performance, IMO.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I threw away my screen that's in the CU, and just cover my load with a quarter-size fine screen. No idea for bottom screen.

2014-11-23123139.jpg

shredder

I haven't replaced a screen in years. I use capsules, and no cooling screen. Before capsules I just laid a screen on the load.

Another tip, from a 420 vapezone you tube video on mighty tips, is to clean the cooling unit every 4-5 loads with a dry q tip. Take the cooling unit apart while it's still hot. The resin wipes out easily. And the cooling unit stays tasting nice. It makes cleaning it very simple.

Surf Monkey

I've vaped only the best of the very best through the mighty, verified with the growers that there's no pesticides etc.....I don't think it's the materials possibly the stock screen needs replacement to cut out particulates or maybe a coarser grind or maybe this unit just isn't for me.

Got a Volcano 2 days ago and there's a massive difference in not getting the negative side effects which I now think were particulates in my chest and the heat source going direct to mouth, plus I think for some of us a restricted air path is a problem and getting air flow most likely cuts down on the direct heat and just makes my vaping experience a more pleasant one. Some folks here like restricted air flow but for myself it seems to be a problem and something I'll avoid in the future.

Leak that air in there! Cool me down baby!

Air. Flow.

That’s the magic that most vape makers seem to make a lower priority than it should be. The Mighty continues to rule because of the open draw, amongst other factors. The Mighty’s airflow is not restricted. If it seems to be you should be looking at your cooling unit cleanness level, the density of your screen, the grind, the pack... you get it.

Which Volcano? The “hybrid”?

I have yet to add a Volcano to my arsenal but that hybrid looks interesting.

Truth Seeker

Air. Flow.

That’s the magic that most vape makers seem to make a lower priority than it should be. The Mighty continues to rule because of the open draw, amongst other factors. The Mighty’s airflow is not restricted. If it seems to be you should be looking at your cooling unit cleanness level, the density of your screen, the grind, the pack... you get it.

Which Volcano? The “hybrid”?

I have yet to add a Volcano to my arsenal but that hybrid looks interesting.

I bought the classic yet after about five days it seems to really be drying me out. I don’t know about the dryness and the dehydrating effects of flower vapor on my body. I don’t think I’m doing anything wrong it’s just not resonating with my body and the side effects become very unpleasant to the point that it’s not really worth the risk to reward.

Baron23

Do you think the concentrate pad should be heated up prior to use? Maybe put it in the chamber empty and let the unit run for a little bit?

I guess you can do half bowls in both the mighty and the volcano if you put the concentrate pad on top? Does anybody do this it doesn’t help create more of a convection to your vapor?
I always tip my Mighty loads with a liquid pad. It doesn’t even need to be a very small load though the LP does support doing that.

To me, it keeps crap out of my CU and adds some conduction to fully extract the load.

How I roll w the Mighty pretty much always.

rodders83

Yo still no real changes since the 20% more battery on this device? No swappable batterys? I have felt really unwell recently so i require a second vape and out of everything on the market im leaning towards a second mighty if the herborizer ever breaks thats three i guess but the cleaning of the desktop really bothers me so it HAS to go it needs cleaned every 3 days where as Mighty with capsules is always perfectly clean and never requires maintenance with the easyflow. I also get a lot of reclaim on the sides of the easyflow i scrape with stems which is also a winner.

Also has anyone since these have been out a while ran them down so much the batterys in bad shape? Did we ever find out if they would still run on AC power when the battery literally cannot hold a charge or do they become unusable and have to be disposed of? This is something that holds me back from owning three Mightys. One indoor one outdoor and a backup on 100% charge.

rodders83,

Truth Seeker

Yo still no real changes since the 20% more battery on this device? No swappable batterys? I have felt really unwell recently so i require a second vape and out of everything on the market im leaning towards a second mighty if the herborizer ever breaks thats three i guess but the cleaning of the desktop really bothers me so it HAS to go it needs cleaned every 3 days where as Mighty with capsules is always perfectly clean and never requires maintenance with the easyflow. I also get a lot of reclaim on the sides of the easyflow i scrape with stems which is also a winner.

Also has anyone since these have been out a while ran them down so much the batterys in bad shape? Did we ever find out if they would still run on AC power when the battery literally cannot hold a charge or do they become unusable and have to be disposed of? This is something that holds me back from owning three Mightys. One indoor one outdoor and a backup on 100% charge.
Supposedly the AC will power the unit when the battery is down. That's what the literature claims.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Did we ever find out if they would still run on AC power when the battery literally cannot hold a charge or do they become unusable and have to be disposed of?
This is from the FAQ section of Support tab on S&B site.
"If the MIGHTY is operated while plugged in, the batteries will be bypassed. Therefore, the MIGHTY can be used even with completely drained batteries if it is plugged in and switched on."

It sounds like 'batteries will be bypassed" means the A/C work even if batteries were dead/dead.

Mighty doesn't have to be disposed as there are several battery options ranging from user replacement to S&B service dept.

As far as having 3 Mighty's, or even 2 if they are the only 2, I suggest some variety. Not going to get specific, but there are some really nice vape options these days!

vapviking,
Reactions: Xclerk

rodders83

Thanks i doubt Storz will replace out of warranty though, I had emails saved where they told me yup buy a mighty get batterys swapped for 48 euro out of warranty. I bought one two years later quoted the email to be told they can do a 20% discount on a NEW ONE only. It took me six emails and threats before they said send it in anytime in future for the past agreed price i was going to report them to the EU tradeing standards.

They changed the T&C too now i must ask for updated costs soon when i buy a second but it is good to know it does bypass a dead battery that is so good i am gonna get a second shortly, But i will make the older out of warranty mighty my main vape because they tied themselves into a 48 euro battery swap, With no mention of any time limits i could argue for lifetime battery swaps because they promised me all of this before i placed my order directly on thier EU store.

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
A dual Mighty is almost like a portable Plenty, cool. A triple Mighty might do it. Just the handling gets a bit difficult with 3 Mightys or more, lol.

Sick Vape,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
handling gets a bit difficult with 3 Mightys
You just need the right equipment,
https://www.dhgate.com/product/4-5-...colator-reclaim/455122027.html#mfavit-14-null

It took me six emails and threats before they said send it in anytime in future for the past agreed price i was going to report them to the EU tradeing standards.
And you are going to buy another one, I would never deal with a company again if they did that to me.:myday:

rodders83

You just need the right equipment,
https://www.dhgate.com/product/4-5-...colator-reclaim/455122027.html#mfavit-14-null

And you are going to buy another one, I would never deal with a company again if they did that to me.:myday:

Anything else from the EU as good? It is as good as my herborizer xl desktop both 30w vapes. I agree they are a scum capitalist company they gouge on prices, They sell for more direct than bulk buy shops sell them 50 bucks cheaper and they still did that to me yes.

They also bundle all this plastic crap nobody wants this and the battery swaps makes S&B a profit its so wrong but they oversell and i despise them for it. They should be selling mightys more enviromentally friendly, Less plastic like grinders and let us swap the batterys.

But it still is a unbeatable vape, Unless you know a better option? I love the capsules too by the way any vape i use now i want to throw away capsules rather than iso clean my vape, It is not that bad aluminim is not as bad as plastic for the enviroment so i am pretty ok with tossing them once they become uncleanable.

rodders83,
Reactions: LesPlenty

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Unless you know a better option?
Probably best o start a new thread in Ask FC for that kind of advice or read peoples signatures for their favorites. (I will just say the latest Tera can use the S&B dosing caps, always on my bong, rarely native) :tup:

My Mighty is king of the out and about vapes, even if it is a bit large to be stealthy.:myday:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I emailed S&B America and got quick response.
"For my aging Mighty, can I get service, like batteries or new case?"
"Replacement is the only option."

"If batteries are degraded to the point they will not charge, will Mighty still work under A/C power?"
"The Mighty works when plugged in so it should work still if your batteries die."

I believe mine's going to live a long, easy old age.

shredder

I emailed S&B America and got quick response.
"For my aging Mighty, can I get service, like batteries or new case?"
"Replacement is the only option."

"If batteries are degraded to the point they will not charge, will Mighty still work under A/C power?"
"The Mighty works when plugged in so it should work still if your batteries die."

I believe mine's going to live a long, easy old age.

My og mighty will be 5 years old in November. It still works, but has less battery life and chipped and broken fins. I have another mighty, but I still use the og. And I keep thinking it will eventually be a trade for a mighty 2.

The mighty has had an incredible run. But IMHO it's a perfect time, a few months before Xmas, for a mighty 2.

I can only hope, lol.

Top Bottom