The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Baron23

Ok so i have had a bunch more bowls in the mighty still using the dosing capsules and loving them .

This may sound like a silly question and i think i know the answer but will ask anyway .

Ok so if your going to use the concentrate pad in oreder to do a smaller amount you put the pad on top of the flower in the herb chamber right ?

I mean since its a convection vape it would work the other way around wouldnt it ? With the pad in first and the herb on top inbetween the screen of the cooling unit and pad in the oven ?

Also does the dosing capsules make the abv lighter ? Mine is coming out much lighter then what im used to say with my solo 2 on 400 f

I have to say though the flavor from the mighty is the best i have had comparing to my solo 1 and 2 and a pax2 and a few dyna vapes and my eq . The mighty really has nice flavor i like it alot
IMO, yes. On top of the flower. It works easily and well for me.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I find the only time lids get stuck is when I wait too long to empty the ABV, whenever I accidentally squeeze them out of round I find the S&B brush handle is great for straightening the caps back out, just place the bent cap on a flat surface and run the handle of the brush around in it like stirring a cuppa, flattens it back out and back into shape.
The S&B brush is a great accessory for any vape (also perfect for installing Dynavap screens), it also works great as a brush.:lol:

Green Kiwi

I would like to thank Baron 23!
only because of your persistent post about the liquid pad on top of small loads, I Finally tried.....
All I can say: I'm not looking back brother, this is the way to get absolutely everything out of your herb!
Way higher, way more body stone. I love it and saved quiet a few euro's when I was back in the Netherlands...
were I had to buy the herb instead of having it for free.
Again, THANK YOU,Baron 23!
much much appreciated you're advise....
much love to all!

Mr. Me2

Is it normal for the concentrate pad to fit really tightly ? Mine fits soo snug i had to use a pick to get it out felt like i may squish it if i forced it
In place of the pad, you can use a traditional pipe screen. Cut a pie slice wedge out so the remainder looks like pac man. Pull the two edges together so it turns into a cone shape. And use that (cone point down) on top of your load.

I found that the pads pull apart and are messier than this method.

Baron23

Is it normal for the concentrate pad to fit really tightly ? Mine fits soo snug i had to use a pick to get it out felt like i may squish it if i forced it
Yes, I use a pointed dental pick to grab the LP and lift it out. It gets pressed in there pretty good by the CU but that’s the point. Contact is req for the conduction portion.

Truth Seeker

Does anyone experience throat harshness with the Mighty? if so, what do you do to mitigate this?
Is lower temps below 380 the answer?

I notice if I adjust the temperature as the unit is on and run it longer than 2 minutes the unit gets quite hot which obviously will add to harshness. I like the "feel" of what 400 degrees does but I don't like throat irritation or the amount of dehydration/dry mouth I'm getting.

What's the work around?

Is the Volcano balloons a lot smoother than the Mighty in native mode? I'm not too crazy about using a bong with the mighty as it seems you have to really pull to get the hybrid convection/conduction thing going and it seems the amount of deep breathes just doesn't make using a water piece worthwhile.

shredder

Does anyone experience throat harshness with the Mighty? if so, what do you do to mitigate this?

I notice if I adjust the temperature as the unit is on and run it longer than 2 minutes the unit gets quite hot which obviously will add to harshness. I like the "feel" of what 400 degrees does but I don't like throat irritation or the amount of dehydration/dry mouth I'm getting.

What's the work around?

Is the Volcano balloons a lot smoother than the Mighty in native mode? I'm not too crazy about using a bong with the mighty as it seems you have to really pull to get the hybrid convection/conduction thing going and it seems the amount of deep breathes just doesn't make using a water piece worthwhile.

I have asthma and hot vapor bothers me so we keep our mighty's generally below 370, 360-365 F is normal but we vary a little, if we're using it's with water then about 385F. On some buds you can start getting vapor around 350F. But even at these lower temps you get a pretty damn good extraction. It just takes a few more (tasty) hits.

Actually bags in a volcano are similar vapor wise. Crank up the heat and you get thicker vapor, but more heat and less flavor. It's always a trade off.

How you vape though is a personal choice. Try different things and after a while you'll settle on something that works for you. We've been using mighty's daily for almost five years now. At first on our first mighty in 2014 I'd start low but finish at 410F.

Truth Seeker

I have asthma and hot vapor bothers me so we keep our mighty's generally below 370, 360-365 F is normal but we vary a little, if we're using it's with water then about 385F. On some buds you can start getting vapor around 350F. But even at these lower temps you get a pretty damn good extraction. It just takes a few more (tasty) hits.

Actually bags in a volcano are similar vapor wise. Crank up the heat and you get thicker vapor, but more heat and less flavor. It's always a trade off.

How you vape though is a personal choice. Try different things and after a while you'll settle on something that works for you. We've been using mighty's daily for almost five years now. At first on our first mighty in 2014 I'd start low but finish at 410F.

I'm not crazy about 410 on the Mighty it's just too harsh, 385 to start 400 to finish is about the max I can take with the unit and I'm shooting to try staying most the time at 372ish. I definitely feel affected by the short air path and heat from the chamber on deep hits and small mouth hits seem to feel like hot air to the lungs which I don't like. I've only had this unit a week and despite it's greatness my body doesn't necessarily feel good from it. Could be my body's reaction to the short air path or finding proper temp for my usage which seems like I need to stay in a lower range.

What's the work around?

I'm an asthma sufferer as well. I've used my Mighty for a couple of years now and keep it between 338-383 (170 C to 195). I really find leaving it at 180 is the best, just like how it is on the box. You're getting everything and I never found a huge qualitative difference between 180 and 195, to be honest. Its just that the higher temperatures make you high "faster" than the lower temps, which might take a couple of minutes to start kicking in. Anything higher than that can cause bronchospasms for a day or two afterwards Higher temperatures especially bother me if I'm doing long draws, so with the dry vaping I limit myself to a 3 second draws during a 10-12 minute session. I also probably only do 2-3 capsules worth a day, or every other day. If I hit the vape frequently (6+ times a day), I get asthma attacks no matter what.

vapviking

Old & In the Way

What's the work around?

I think adding water to the equation can help to mitigate the dry nature of the vapor that comes from any vape. You're breathing in very hot, dry air. With a bubbler the main thing is the moisture, the extra cooling is a bonus to that.
When the Mighty's cooling unit is replaced by a direct wpa (I like delta3d's v3 adapter) draw restriction is greatly reduced and with a small to medium bubbler (I use a 14mm Pinnacle Pro hydrotube) the draw is easy as long as chamber or capsule is not packed tight. Even a small amount of water can be effective, but with a larger bong and more water the draw can become harder.

Truth Seeker

I think adding water to the equation can help to mitigate the dry nature of the vapor that comes from any vape. You're breathing in very hot, dry air. With a bubbler the main thing is the moisture, the extra cooling is a bonus to that.
When the Mighty's cooling unit is replaced by a direct wpa (I like delta3d's v3 adapter) draw restriction is greatly reduced and with a small to medium bubbler (I use a 14mm Pinnacle Pro hydrotube) the draw is easy as long as chamber or capsule is not packed tight. Even a small amount of water can be effective, but with a larger bong and more water the draw can become harder.

I might have to pick that up....thanks for the advice......just knocked over a $200 spline GRAV and it broke to pieces last night.....cheaper options look appealing right now!

shredder

does using a water tool talk away some of the precious meds from the vapor? I never used water with any of my portables.

I always feel higher when I use water. Using water allows me bigger hits, so I feel it, but water probably does filter out a tiny amount of thc, but I doubt the amount is noticable.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
does using a water tool talk away some of the precious meds from the vapor? I never used water with any of my portables.
While the water itself doesn't remove much of the oil-based resin from vapor, some amount will cling to glass, etc., and eventually need to be cleaned.
But any process or routing that cools vapor will make some of it condense, costing 'precious meds'. Even the cooling unit, in doing its job well, demands we clean the resin out regularly. Some folks save and re-use that reclaim.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Even a small amount of water can be effective, but with a larger bong and more water the draw can become harder.
It really depends on the water pipe, I had a small 14mm bong that was more restrictive than all my larger bongs.:myday:
I pretty well only use my RattleCan bong with most herb vapes, it has very little glass exposed that is not covered in water so does not build up much reclaim, yet because of the design, it retains more flavor than all my other bongs.
I use 5 drops of lemon concentrate to keep it clean (rezblock is too expensive for me):myday:
I like glass on glass so recommend the following WPA,
https://www.puffitup.com/v/vspfiles/photos/QTQC.MIGHT-18MM-2.jpg

My favorite Rattle Can,

https://www.dhgate.com/product/amaz...glass-water-pipe/474981921.html#mfavit-2-null

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
It really depends on the water pipe, I had a small 14mm bong that was more restrictive than all my larger bongs.:myday:
I pretty well only use my RattleCan bong with most herb vapes, it has very little glass exposed that is not covered in water so does not build up much reclaim, yet because of the design, it retains more flavor than all my other bongs.
I use 5 drops of lemon concentrate to keep it clean (rezblock is too expensive for me):myday:

My favorite Rattle Can,

https://www.dhgate.com/product/amaz...glass-water-pipe/474981921.html#mfavit-2-null
I been hearing alot of good thungs about these rattle cans. I have to get one eventually. I have an older delta3d adapter and I guess its a softer one so it pulls out. I want to pick up one of these hard ones w the glass fitting. Any one have any experience w the v2 that delta made. It partially replaced the cooling unit. I wastempted to ask of they had any left in b stock

vapviking

Old & In the Way
The adapter that @LesPlenty shows was originally said to have two drawbacks and I wonder is these are still there.
The glass didn't go all the way down to contact the chamber and/or the screen is set pretty high above the chamber. Folks were filling this gap with oil pad.

The tabs at the bottom of the plastic housing (tabs that engage with Mighty) were not tapered nor did they have a positive stop and so it was possible to over-torque and damage Mighty.

Have these issues been resolved?

Delta's 3d is pliable, designed to separate from Mighty if pressured/stressed. I think it could be a little stiffer, as it does occasionally dis-engage, maybe un-necessarily. But it's screen is down near chamber (where it should be.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
The glass didn't go all the way down to contact the chambe
I find this as a plus, I can have bigger bowls for huge clouds or I can just use the dosing caps for normal sized loads.:myday:
were not tapered nor did they have a positive stop and so it was possible to over-torque and damage Mighty.
I am not sure on this as I accidentally overtightened mine (after hearing the horror stories I tried to remember to be careful) and it just slid right through, I thought I must have broken something, but no, all was ok, I have not done it again (nor would I recommend over-tightening, just enough to take out the wobble is perfect):tup:

Truth Seeker

My favorite Rattle Can,

Thanks Les! I have that adapter as I bought it when I ordered my mighty, very reasonable price on the big might have to pick it up if it's something you've been happy with and the size looks perfect!

Does the diffusion design of that water pipe work nicely? What temp are you vaping the mighty at through the water pipe?

Top Bottom