The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Comparing the hits between Crafty and Mighty. It comes down to the cooling unit size. The Mighty's larger cooling unit delivers a slightly better hit than Crafty's smaller one. I notice that Mighty's cooling unit needs to be cleaned to improve taste but not flow where the smaller cooling unit on Crafty actually fills with oil to the point where it comes out the straw.

MGG

Comparing the hits between Crafty and Mighty. It comes down to the cooling unit size. The Mighty's larger cooling unit delivers a slightly better hit than Crafty's smaller one. I notice that Mighty's cooling unit needs to be cleaned to improve taste but not flow where the smaller cooling unit on Crafty actually fills with oil to the point where it comes out the straw.

Interesting observations.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
A large backgammon dice cup might make a fine & Mighty holder

Holder.jpg

Or maybe a pencil holder

holder2.jpg

Last edited:

Mike M

A large backgammon dice cup might make a fine & Mighty holder

Holder.jpg

Or maybe a pencil holder

holder2.jpg
My really only quibble with this device is its inability to stand up, on a device where in every other capacity the ergonomics were wonderfully thought out.

I mean I didn't even like the loader at first until I saw how beautifully it works with the plastic tool. It perfectly fits the tray to scoop the material around the curve and into the slot, and then its back end works perfectly as a tamper.

I mean I love this thing, but kind of perplexed to how or why they missed this. Anybody got a clue on this?

Oh, and the cleaning I was worried about? Well, soaking in ISO for a couple of minutes , and then cleaned with papers towels wrapped around a screwdriver head (to get into the hard to reach places), worked like a charm.

Last edited:

Bunless

My really only quibble with this device is its inability to stand up, on a device where in every other capacity the ergonomics were wonderfully thought out.

I mean I didn't even like the loader at first until I saw how beautifully it works with the plastic tool. It perfectly fits the tray to scoop the material around the curve and into the slot, and then its back end works perfectly as a tamper.

I mean I love this thing, but kind of perplexed to how or why they missed this. Anybody got a clue on this?

Oh, and the cleaning I was worried about? Well, soaking in ISO for a couple of minutes , and then cleaned with papers towels wrapped around a screwdriver head (to get into the hard to reach places), worked like a charm.

I'm taking a guess that it's ergonomics. With the curved bottom and kind of rounded edges, it fits nicely cradled it in the palm of your hand, instead of holding it width wise. If the bottom was flat with sharp edges it wouldn't be comfortable. Not necessary for the crafty cause of it's size.

Mike M

I'm taking a guess that it's ergonomics. With the curved bottom and kind of rounded edges, it fits nicely cradled it in the palm of your hand, instead of holding it width wise. If the bottom was flat with sharp edges it wouldn't be comfortable. Not an issue with the crafty obviously cause of size.
Excellent point, It does fit nicely in the hand, still would love to load it standing up on its own.

RastaVapa

HomeGrownLogs UK log maker
Manufacturer
Had mine for a month or so now and that is the only thing I can say bad about it ,why they did not make it have a semi flat base to stand, it may not have been stable enough for their liking maybe?, the only way of loading this with two hands only is with their own loading tool which makes it a bit better I suppose . for me personally the quality of the vapor makes up for one fault alone everyone I have let use it have been impressed from smokers to other vaporists ...................

Oh and the other thing I really like about it is its the only vape I have that I don't find a need to hook it to one of my water tools .........so smooth.....

MGG

I think i have an answer to why the base has not been designed to stand up on its own, if you actually compare the crafty and the mighty back to back the base is actually wider on the crafty, allowing it to stand up, the reason i imagine they didnt include this with the mighty is because it would of just been too unreasonably big, so they made the base thinner, but now because the base is so thin it wasn't actually safe to have it stand up straight like that, so they curved the edges as a deterrent. Just my theory. The mighty is about 0.1 inches thinner than the crafty. Also because the mighty is obviously taller I think they had concerns of it being knocked.

Mike M

Silly question, but does anyone know, if you fill the filling tool to the brim, how many bowls does that make in the Mighty? Just rough gestimate would do, just curious to how many reloads I would have if I just brought along that.

Mike M,

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Silly question, but does anyone know, if you fill the filling tool to the brim, how many bowls does that make in the Mighty? Just rough gestimate would do, just curious to how many reloads I would have if I just brought along that.

All depends how tight you pack the tool, and how full of bowls you load. If i recall correctly, I think I get about 4-5 very full bowls from a tightly packed loading tool. These are pretty monster bowls though.

Remember to pack some in the clear center cap too, use all your space!

MGG

I just feel I need to say again, whilst there has been some minor criticism towards the mighty on here that may deter outsiders.. Honestly this is the best portable i've ever used, and i've used them all. When me and another FC'er on here hooked the mighty up via gong attachment to a waterpipe we were getting clouds that rivaled my VapeXhale Cloud, no joke.. this thing is legitimately a beast.

Also I have zero bias, I imagine some people get protective when spending a lot of money on a vape and don't want to feel like they've made a bad decision, but I actually won mine in a competition and if I genuinely thought it wasn't worth the money I would of just sold it. Also i'm not a storz n bickel fanboy, I actually don't care for the volcano I think there's superior vapes out there and the mighty destroys the volcano imo, which is insane but it's true.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
By the way, I was called a s&b fan boy recently on this thread. I have to tell you that the mighty has made me that. This is my first s&b product, and guess what I'm a fan!!
I admit it!!! I am now Storz & Bickel's bitch to the tune of about a grand . . . :lol: Fan-fucking-tastic vapes the Crafty and Mighty are though . . . :tup: I'm having a blast. Road trips coming up have a whole new meaning.

idk

Loving my Mighty. About to buy a second as a back up. Use it everyday all day walking down the street etc. Couldn't be more pleased. Off combustion for almost 3 weeks now.

Also mine stands up

Last edited by a moderator:

idk

yeah i mean if your really careful you can stand it up but the slightest bump will knock it over so I don't recommend doing that.
Yeh I don't recommend it either forgot to add that. I do have one issue that it's not working as a pass through, and I have to charge for awhile to use after a dead battery. Also I got err 004 flashing a few times but it works fine so far

Last edited:

Tanz

Did anyone smell anything the first time they used it, as in a plastic kinda smell. I did do a flashlight test and there definitely were no visible fumes coming from anywhere, just a smell. For any snowboarders that may be on here, it reminds me of the smell of hot waxing a board (iron and wax).

I notice that any post (some here and elsewhere) talking of a plastic smell/taste refers to the cooling unit as the source but I don't think the cooling unit smells or tastes like anything, but there was definitely a smell from the heating chamber at first that has now dissipated, but still remains somewhat. I'm curious if anyone else noticed this, and maybe the initial taste or smell that was thought to come from the cooling unit was or is really from the heating chamber?

Tanz,
Top Bottom