The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

ank

I just picked up a used a Mighty locally on Craigslist. It's 1.5yrs old based on the receipt dated 3/2016, great condition, looks barely used. The previous owner lost the charger so it sat with low (1 bar) battery for at least 2 months. How healthy is my battery?

I got the wall charger from PIU and fully charged it. First run with a dosing capsule was amazing. I see what all the hype is about. This is my go to session unit now. I haven't tested the battery completely yet but I am anticipating I might have to send it in for battery service at some point. I didn't see a warranty registration on the site do I just send it in if I have a problem? Is the warranty transferable? I hear they have great CS but since I didn't buy it direct I wasn't sure.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I just picked up a used a Mighty locally on Craigslist. It's 1.5yrs old, great condition, looks barely used. The previous owner lost the charger so it sat with low (1 bar) battery for at least 2 months. How healthy is my battery?

I got the wall charger from PIU and fully charged it. First run with a dosing capsule was amazing. I see what all the hype is about. This is my go to session unit now. I haven't tested the battery completely yet but I am anticipating I might have to send it in for battery service at some point. I didn't see a warranty registration on the site do I just send it in if I have a problem? Is the warranty transferable? I hear they have great CS but since I didn't buy it direct I wasn't sure.
You raise an interesting point about battery service, about which we have varying reports.
First of all, S&B says they will cover devices up to 2 years, regardless of ownership chain, but without a copy of original receipt you will be at their mercy as to when that time period began/ends.

Though they have in the past published prices for battery replacement, and later about cleaning service along with battery replacement, the actually user experiences almost never includes a battery replacement. S&B leans very heavily toward simply offering a discount on a replacement (new) Mighty, which may or may not re-start the 2 year warranty.

I wonder, does anyone on this thread have an actual factory-service battery replacement story for a Mighty or a Crafty?
EDIT
I came across this on the "support" page
"The proof of warranty for the Vaporizer is your invoice or sales slip showing the date of purchase. We do not have an extra warranty card in the box and you do not have to register for it."
but I have heard there are workarounds if you don't have a receipt.
My hope for you is that batteries are fine and your Mighty just lasts a looong time.
Good Luck! and
Welcome to the forums!

Last edited:

darbarikanada

How healthy is my battery?

the way to assess your batteries' health is to see how many sessions you get from a charge - if you're getting over 5, you're fine. I seem to recall people here talking about getting 6-7 initially, with that # going down to 4 with heavy, prolonged (e.g. 2+ years) use. YMMV, depending on the temperatures you use, the size of your loads, etc. you could use Vape Critic's method and actually count vapes (tokes) per charge, but nobody does that - except him.

chiefcombuster1

My Mightys don't make this noise, that I've ever noticed. But fire one up and place it near a guitar pickup (which happens to me....I'm kind of a multitasker...:p) and it throws a seriously bizarre clicking noise through your amp. Trent Reznor would no doubt approve. :lol:
lol ya man when I'm smoking and playing my bass I get both the clicking every few seconds (i think when the battery power kicks in to top up the temperature) but also this weird wavelength of sound that sounds almost alien like a vibrating high pitch. I figured one day if I was recording a song I would find a way to put that noise in like starting a song with it or something.

TboneToker

lol ya man when I'm smoking and playing my bass I get both the clicking every few seconds (i think when the battery power kicks in to top up the temperature) but also this weird wavelength of sound that sounds almost alien like a vibrating high pitch. I figured one day if I was recording a song I would find a way to put that noise in like starting a song with it or something.
I love this idea

slow the pitch down and then speed it up slowly until it's so fast that it bursts into the song?

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
It's like an E-Bow. From Hell. :lol:

mitchgo61,

Mr420

Hi guys...

I've noticed that I get the most out of my weed when I use it with the liquid pad on top as a spacer. Can somebody explain this? Seems that I get as stoned or even more as when vaping a longer session with the bowl packed full. I grind fine and pack quite tight.

I love my Mighty btw...I bought an IQ amonth ago but still find myself using the Mighty every day and the IQ only every now and then.

All the best to everybody!

MR420

Baron23

Hi guys...

I've noticed that I get the most out of my weed when I use it with the liquid pad on top as a spacer. Can somebody explain this? Seems that I get as stoned or even more as when vaping a longer session with the bowl packed full. I grind fine and pack quite tight.

I love my Mighty btw...I bought an IQ amonth ago but still find myself using the Mighty every day and the IQ only every now and then.

All the best to everybody!

MR420
I often use a liquid pad on top of my load. Its usually either a dosing capsule or a slightly reduced load with the LP on top.

I believe that the LP adds to the conduction component, particularly toward the end of a session when its all nice and hot. I note that I get VERY evenly milk chocolate brown AVB with the LP in place....looks more extracted to me than AVB from default load.

Just be careful prying that pad out after a load....sucker is hot...Hot....HOT g*d damn it, ouch! LOL

Cheers

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
I just pulled the trigger and bought a Mighty from Randy at PIU. He gave me a very nice discount, a couple of freebies and a very reasonable shipping price to Canada. With our weak Canadian dollar, I was reluctant to get one of these babies but Randy's deal was too attractive to pass up.

Did somebody mention pages back that you can use a screen in the dosing capsules to reduce the load? I like to use smaller amounts but wish to ensure that I am still getting maximum extraction.

Looking forward to trying this beast after everything I have read...

WildChild,
Reactions: mitchgo61

mitchgo61

I often use a liquid pad on top of my load. Its usually either a dosing capsule or a slightly reduced load with the LP on top.

I believe that the LP adds to the conduction component, particularly toward the end of a session when its all nice and hot. I note that I get VERY evenly milk chocolate brown AVB with the LP in place....looks more extracted to me than AVB from default load.
I agree, it's adding conductive heat, often yielding bigger, faster hits.

But I don't personally notice it being more efficient or effective than just the native bowl. It is, however, a great way to use smaller loads for shorter sessions.

mitchgo61,

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
I agree, it's adding conductive heat, often yielding bigger, faster hits.

But I don't personally notice it being more efficient or effective than just the native bowl. It is, however, a great way to use smaller loads for shorter sessions.
So I can use the liquid pad in the dosing capsule to reduce load. Good to know. Thank you, folks.

WildChild,

Baron23

So I can use the liquid pad in the dosing capsule to reduce load. Good to know. Thank you, folks.
Yes, there is a liquid pad for dosing capsules but I don't use that (that would be a tiny micro-dose, I believe).

I put the LP on top of a load in the native chamber.

I understand. And certainly can't prove anything one way or the other. But native, my Mighty issues AVB much like my Volcano while with the liquid pad I get darker and more even AVB.

Did I get more cannbinoids or did I just boil off the chlorophyll and further oxidize the plant material....can't really say, tbh.

Baron23,

mitchgo61

I understand. And certainly can't prove anything one way or the other. But native, my Mighty issues AVB much like my Volcano while with the liquid pad I get darker and more even AVB.

Did I get more cannbinoids or did I just boil off the chlorophyll and further oxidize the plant material....can't really say, tbh.
Some days it seems all roads lead us back to the "convection/conduction" conversation. :p

Makes sense, because as mentioned ad nauseum, I find the more conduction that is at work, the darker and more even my ABV looks. I totally concur....with the pads I get darker, more even ABV. I can achieve this without pads, but it usually requires at least one stir, as the native approach relies more on convection, which almost always requires some kind of movement of the weed in order to get it all evenly in the path of the hot air.

Both approaches seem to extract fully, and I've never tried to count hits, so to me there is less of an efficiency difference, and more of a visible ABV effect difference. :2c:

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Yes, there is a liquid pad for dosing capsules but I don't use that (that would be a tiny micro-dose, I believe).

I put the LP on top of a load in the native chamber.

Ah, OK. I'm hoping to use the dosing capsules exclusively so I will figure out a way to reduce the load. Maybe if I cut down the liquid pad to the right size for the capsules...I won't use it anyway... I like the idea of adding a bit more conduction using the pad.

About how much herb do the capsules hold?

WildChild,

ragnorak71

I have been playing about with the capsules since I bought my mighty this week. Coming from an underdog vape the load size has been giving me panic attacks lol but that is ok now

on the capsules the pads are quite thick and take up a lot of the capsule so it is a very small dose. if too small the firefly 2 pads fit the dosing capsule perfectly and are about half the thickness

upshot is i currently have a three dose size of capsule (approx 0.15g)- capsule ff2 pad (0.6G) - capsule s&b pad (0.?g) too stoned to record last one lol

works great for me and i get everything from each one it seems

loving this bad boy

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Ah, OK. I'm hoping to use the dosing capsules exclusively so I will figure out a way to reduce the load. Maybe if I cut down the liquid pad to the right size for the capsules...I won't use it anyway... I like the idea of adding a bit more conduction using the pad.

About how much herb do the capsules hold?
I believe you can also use a regular S&B screen (or trimmed pipe screen) in the capsules, bent into place to achieve varying 'chamber' sizes.

vapviking,
Reactions: shredder

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
I have been playing about with the capsules since I bought my mighty this week. Coming from an underdog vape the load size has been giving me panic attacks lol but that is ok now

on the capsules the pads are quite thick and take up a lot of the capsule so it is a very small dose. if too small the firefly 2 pads fit the dosing capsule perfectly and are about half the thickness

upshot is i currently have a three dose size of capsule (approx 0.15g)- capsule ff2 pad (0.6G) - capsule s&b pad (0.?g) too stoned to record last one lol

works great for me and i get everything from each one it seems

loving this bad boy
I believe you can also use a regular S&B screen (or trimmed pipe screen) in the capsules, bent into place to achieve varying 'chamber' sizes.
Thank you for the great information, guys. This helps a lot.

WildChild,

Baron23

Maybe if I cut down the liquid pad to the right size for the capsules

Huh..there is a liquid pad made by S&B for the dosing capsules. Why cut it down?

As for capacity:

RojbMTu.jpg

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Huh..there is a liquid pad made by S&B for the dosing capsules. Why cut it down?

As for capacity:
I didn't explain myself very well. I meant trimming the stock liquid pad that comes in the box with the Mighty for the chamber, not the ones meant for the capsules. I really don't plan on ordering anything additional to accomplish my goal of reducing the bowl. I'll probably go for SS screens as I have about 400 of them! Or maybe some stainless steel wool. Hmmmmm...

The picture and information is very much appreciated. Thank you.

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
My go to method for a long time now has been using dosing caps without the lid and using the fine screen in the cooling unit with glass mouthpiece.
I've reused the same 8 caps forever even tho I have a box of them.

I got 7.5 sessions out of a full charge yesterday on my 2 year old unit. All at 195c between 3-5 minute sessions!:rockon:

Still my main portable/desktop/FCancer machine!

Top Bottom