The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

lagfish

Do you guys find the temperature control buttons to be useful? How often do you actually change the temperature? I'm trying to decide between a Mighty and Crafty. I'm leaning more towards the Crafty because of the smaller size and weight and I know I'd be too lazy to use the app to change the temperature if I went with the Crafty.

Stevies

I use the dosage capsule, capsule liquid pad with NO capsule lid.

I find this keeps the cooling unit screen cleaner and the pads are too thick with a lid unless you wanna micro dose.

I use mine as an around the house session piece.

@lagfish I use the temp controls all the time. That's part of the fun.

Vapordeflor

Totally agree with @Stevies I use my Temp Control at least 3 times each session. Its super fun to change temps and see how the cannabis you have inside react to that different temps!! :science::science: Mighty Science!

Mr. Me2

Do you guys find the temperature control buttons to be useful? How often do you actually change the temperature? I'm trying to decide between a Mighty and Crafty. I'm leaning more towards the Crafty because of the smaller size and weight and I know I'd be too lazy to use the app to change the temperature if I went with the Crafty.
And I stuck with its default temps and didn't really need the app. And the Crafty has a temp boost (which I use), so you can use two temperature settings without the app.

The Crafty stands up on its own; the Mighty doesn't without buying a base. The Mighty has 2 batteries so it lasts much longer between charges. Consider your expected usage before you make a decision (heavy use? Mostly alone, or with others...).

I love my Crafty and am happy I went with that one, but there is much love for the Mighty!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Welcome.
I had several Crafty's and found the app to be cumbersome; I didn't like the need for a second device to control the first device. I use the temp controls regularly, for a variety of reasons/experience.
Mighty is unquestionably the more robust product. If your use will be regular (i.e., not light) you'd be much better off with a Mighty.

justcametomind

The buttons of the Mighty are useless once you find your sweet spot but you'll find good use of the bigger battery. The one thing I miss the most (I have both) is the time count within the app. Even then I just discovedered it also takes count of the hours you spend charging the unit, not only your vaping time. So it's quite unrelevant as an information. Yesterday I charged it from a laptop and it spent more than 2 hours going full and stayed probably 1 hour more on blue light fully charged. Last time I checked it had 4 hours of operation now it has 7! I had just a 5 minutes session and it counted as 3 hours.

Doktor Dub

If you can deal with the size of the Mighty, go for it. I know a few people who switched from Crafty to Mighty, mostly because of the battery life.
If it is your only Vape or your go to vape, it should be the Mighty. The Crafty i see more as a special occasion type of vape, for example for Mighty users who want to vape a single similar bowl stealthy after work.

My :2c:

darbarikanada

Do you guys find the temperature control buttons to be useful? How often do you actually change the temperature?

absolutely. lower temps = cooler, tastier, smaller 'clouds'; med. temps = still tasty and cool but less so, bigger clouds; higher temps = least tasty/cool, but the biggest clouds. I usually start around 165ºC, go up in 5-10º increments every 2-3 vapes. I usually change the temp at least 3x per session. it sounds complicated, but it's feedback-driven: after 2-3 vapes at lower temps, you stop getting vapor, so you know it's time to increase the temp.

different strains and types of cannabis (e.g. bubble or finger hash) behave differently, so the ability to control temps is very useful. I've had ginormous clouds from one strain at low temps that produced almost no vapor with another strain.

Vaporcussion

I'm leaning more towards the Crafty because of the smaller size and weight

I wouldn't recommend the Crafty. Many of us started out wanting the smaller size, and after returning it 3/4 times finally moved up to Mighty. I haven't seen one post here about regretting that move, just the contrary.
I use the temp control all the time...

Whissmu

absolutely. lower temps = cooler, tastier, smaller 'clouds'; med. temps = still tasty and cool but less so, bigger clouds; higher temps = least tasty/cool, but the biggest clouds. I usually start around 165ºC, go up in 5-10º increments every 2-3 vapes. I usually change the temp at least 3x per session. it sounds complicated, but it's feedback-driven: after 2-3 vapes at lower temps, you stop getting vapor, so you know it's time to increase the temp.

different strains and types of cannabis (e.g. bubble or finger hash) behave differently, so the ability to control temps is very useful. I've had ginormous clouds from one strain at low temps that produced almost no vapor with another strain.

A good summary of the magic of the temperatures !!

With the control of the temperature in your power you can vaporize any flower (be cannabis or not) !!

here my case low-cost;

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Parentalcontrol2

Hey im looking to buy a used mighty and i have a few questions regarding accessories.

I will only get just the unit so im wondering what at necessary items as i am trying to cut costs.

Im going to be getting the charger, capsules and a cooling unit. Is there anything else important? I wont be using it with a waterpiece

About the liquid pads... if i dont plan on using wax or liquid, do i still need them? Or could i use the pads with herbs?

Thank!

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
About the liquid pads... if i dont plan on using wax or liquid, do i still need them? Or could i use the pads with herbs?
yes, they are great 'spacers' for smaller loads (there are 2 pad sizes for direct bowl or capsule) - maybe look for a capsule caddy or cap magazine for liquids to get some caps with pads, they last a long time...

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hey im looking to buy a used mighty and i have a few questions regarding accessories.

I will only get just the unit so im wondering what at necessary items as i am trying to cut costs.

Im going to be getting the charger, capsules and a cooling unit. Is there anything else important? I wont be using it with a waterpiece

Thank!
A stand can be handy when time to fill. These are inexpensive and work great;
https://delta3dstudios.com/mighty-mini-stand/

The S&B filling aid is also nice for transport (holding product) and clean dispensing, while some folks just use capsules all the time (S&B makes a different filling/carrying aid for that).

Parentalcontrol2

yes, they are great 'spacers' for smaller loads (there are 2 pad sizes for direct bowl or capsule) - maybe look for a capsule caddy or cap magazine for liquids to get some caps with pads, they last a long time...

Will get the capsule pads. Out of curiousity, does the pad make it more efficient for the mighty, or does it simply just takes up more space just to put a smaller load. Like what if i put a small load inside the capsule without the pads? What differences are there?

Also is an extra cooling unit neccessary assume i dont drop/break it? Like does it actually wear out after x amount of time?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Will get the capsule pads. Out of curiousity, does the pad make it more efficient for the mighty, or does it simply just takes up more space just to put a smaller load. Like what if i put a small load inside the capsule without the pads? What differences are there?

Also is an extra cooling unit neccessary assume i dont drop/break it? Like does it actually wear out after x amount of time?
Extra cooling units are more for convenience at cleaning time. They don't really wear out, except maybe the o-rings and screen which you can purchase separately.
I can't speak to using the pads inside capsules, though some have said that it doesn't leave much room for product.
Leaving a capsule or chamber only part-full is not usually good; better for the material to be held stable, not swirling around in there. Some folks put partial load into chamber then top off with a screen (the "pac-man" method). Take a standard c/u or chamber screen and make a single cut with a scissor, from a point on perimeter of screen to its' center. This will allow it to size down and press into the chamber with still a little tension.

Parentalcontrol2

Extra cooling units are more for convenience at cleaning time. They don't really wear out, except maybe the o-rings and screen which you can purchase separately.

I can't speak to using the pads inside capsules, though some have said that it doesn't leave much room for product.
Leaving a capsule or chamber only part-full is not usually good; better for the material to be held stable, not swirling around in there. Some folks put partial load into chamber then top off with a screen (the "pac-man" method). Take a standard c/u or chamber screen and make a single cut with a scissor, from a point on perimeter of screen to its' center. This will allow it to size down and press into the chamber with still a little tension.

Do you know how much would fit in the capsule with the liquid pad vs the capsule being empty?

Im just not sure if i should get the pads since i have a pretty high tolerance so im not sure how much i would fill the capsule.

justcametomind

I have developed a technique of using empty capsule with just a pinch of material. Max temperature and capsule has to be inserted just after 210C temperature has been reached. Just a hit. Then if I want to medicate more, I add another pinch to the bowl and so on.

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
Do you know how much would fit in the capsule with the liquid pad vs the capsule being empty?
don't have a scale, but it also depends on moisture...
would guess around 0.2 a full cap and 0.1 with pad - but the performance is better with a full, lightly pressed cap, eg 0.1 crammed in a cap with pad works better than 0.1 filled loosely in a cap without pad (more space for air with less contact to material gives weaker clouds)
traditional hash seems to work also better with a pad, it gives a bit more even conduction

Mr.Sifter

The mighty I,

Hello folks,

long time no use for the mighty I.
(no, there is no mighty2 yet)

I, as in personal proun.

Anyways, long time no capsules in the mighty.
Been used to Solo and hoppers lately.
all through water standard d20 (you know the one)

what i wanted to share are my thoughts.
Like a review revisited.

flavourwise it is not par with the solo.
hopper can create flavout but is soon harsh and painfull.
the mighty has flavour. yes
it has the mighty flavour.
not sure. its not bad not good.
its plain

BUT....

it delivers.
mighty feels like fuller cannbinoid content extractions.
seems round and solid.
there is nothing missing.
d'you know what I mean ?

one capsule.
one ore two small draws per tempsetting.
180°C, 194°C, 198°C, 205°C, full210°C

its fun to play with the buttons.
they really change the oven inside very fast once the main temps are reached.
10 draws from a approx .1 cap.

nice and easy stored away in a second.
looks not necessarily like a stoner's item.

it delivers.
in a very consistent manner.
medical and recreational.
trustworthy

DopeyJ

So Randy at puffitup.com just sent out an email about a new, updated Mighty just received in stock (the old discount is gone). But I couldn't find any readily apparent list of updates. Anyone know what's going on? The S&B website doesn't have any info I could find either.

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
So Randy at puffitup.com just sent out an email about a new, updated Mighty just received in stock (the old discount is gone). But I couldn't find any readily apparent list of updates. Anyone know what's going on? The S&B website doesn't have any info I could find either.
If you don't mind, could you copy and paste the email so we can read it?

I'm waiting for my Mighty from PUI and hope it's the latest model.

Last edited:

MinnBobber

Dosing capsule mods????
I really want to use hemp filters in all my vapes as it makes the reclaim 10X more pure and hemp also makes vape cleanup go much easier.
What are you doing with hemp fiber filters for the dosing capsules???

IMO, the holes in the dosing capsules are way too big for my taste. ABV is getting sucked out of the capsules.

--I added a fine mesh screen in the bottom of the capsule.
--Also, added a fine mesh screen and hemp filter in the capsule cover. This upper screen keeps ABV from getting stuck in the hemp fibers---a beotch when you are trying to save your ABV. It keeps the herb and the filter separated. The filter and screen are not very secure though :(

I just find my miniVAP Flexicone modules much easier to use, to load and unload, and super easy to add hemp fiber filter, and they can be unloaded immediately with their silicone tops.

Dosing capsules would be much more inviting if I get a better filter system worked out.
Thanks for any ideas

MinnBobber,
Reactions: WildChild

ajvapegod

Yea I just got a mighty from there less then a month ago. Now I'm kinda bummed I didn't get it later. Does anyone know the difference between them just 20% more battery life? Can you get your mighty upgraded to the latest version?

ajvapegod,
Top Bottom