The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

MinnBobber

It's not that complicated if you look at it in 2D from above:
the entry is the middle above the bowl, then it flows to the opposite side of the mouthpiece trough the middle channel, divides up to the left and right side channels and from there to the mouthpiece
horizantally it's just up and down over riffles many times - any leakages between the riffles will get sealed by gold :D (there is no coal in the mighty mountains, but gold at vapour river falls)
......................................................................................................
I was mostly curious about any shortcuts or leakage. If mouthpiece is to the right, first flow goes left BUT I'm not even sure about that first chamber as the cutout by the blue gasket is there and some vapor might get sucked out over to the right half/ miss the entire leftside chambers??? Same issue with riffles in grooves, not a tight fit.

But maybe it's like you said, the golden goo goodies seal these loose connections???

MinnBobber,

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
@ChooChooCharlie Nice pic! But instead of mixing i would call it more like added thermal dissipation due to turbulence and wall friction - a laminar flow line is even with soft draws almost impossible with that design, so every molecule has a pretty high chance of banging its head on the wall and transfer heat to it.
So the main effect of that is a very low temperature gradient between the middle of the stream and the wall, guess thats why i didn't like the Air, where due to laminar tube flow the middle flow line stays more hot and there is no chance to pull hard enough to get turbulence...
@MinnBobber after some use i always get inside the CU some straight goo lines where the riffles aren't tight. Also the flow resistance at those small gaps should be much higher than the main path...

Last edited:

MinnBobber

@MinnBobber i always get inside the CU some straight lines where the riffles aren't tight after some use. Also the flow resistance at those small gaps should be much higher than the main path...
I was unsure about the main flow vs all the leaks. The leaks/gaps/holes would always have a much shorter path, whereby
the right side might pull these "leaky shortcuts" very hard VS the long long riffled up/down/around/turn/rinse and repeat airflow of the main path ????
I guess I need an all clear CU model and some heavy colored smoke and a high speed video camera LOL

MinnBobber,
Reactions: vapviking

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
I guess I need an all clear CU model and some heavy colored smoke and a high speed video camera LOL
if i remember right, somewhere in this thread is a thermal image of the CU which shows the cooling effect pretty good - just wanna save u the colored smoke inhaling :D
Maybe imagine water flowing on an even surface, if you hold a board into the stream but not tight to the bottom most water will still flow beside the board and not under it - anything loves the path of least resistance...

Last edited:
Used2use,

ChooChooCharlie

@Used2use - Agreed.

We are actually saying the same thing using different words.
You say turbulence, I say mixing.
You say thermal dissipation due to wall friction, I say molecules hitting surface, transferring heat.

Fluid dynamics geeks can actually calculate the optimal dimensions and number of flow directional changes, to yield the highest rectangular variant of Dean values. It's not just surface area. One could have a tube with 4 bends yielding a lower Reynolds and Dean value than another tube of the same length and same bends, but spaced differently. Apologies to readers for my babbling. As Artie Johnson used to say on Laugh In, "very interesting...but stupid!"

MGG

5d9ed681e6.jpg

just did another scrape of mighty claim today, cant believe how much i got after such a small amount of use.

Hotz

Finally I got my might, my craft was taking 5 minutes to warm up, it had 250 hours of use, so I sent it to the warranty in January (1 year and 10 months of use) and asked for an upgrade.

They charged me 60 dollars and sent a new might, but only now, 6 months after that, I got it because I had to wait for a friend to bring from the USA to my country (which does not allow the importation of vaporizers)

It's shut down automatically in 2 minutes, it comes with 1 dose capsule, and it makes small vibrations in the final seconds before turning off to warn you that if you do not swallow, it will shut down.

I'm in love, now with my vapcap omni, underdog and Might, I feel complete! Haha

Last edited:

CanadianFlowers

Vapor Enthusiast
5d9ed681e6.jpg

just did another scrape of mighty claim today, cant believe how much i got after such a small amount of use.

What temps you using bro? I usually get some wicked reclaim myself. Been over 14 days no cleaning yet ;) heavy use of some super silver haze (@180c) & some rosin (@190c) ive made from the haze c:

CanadianFlowers,

blackstone

My first gripe is the fact that you can't stand-up the Mighty without buying an aftermarket (I believe that word fits here) stand.

Try this Ryan!
VRglgwAg.jpg

I don't have much need for a stand but this kind of happened once and I took a photo for fun!
It holds the device surprisingly steady, but you could not charge unless you modded it!
You could call it the Duct-Wan stand if you like.

Smokinjoe

I am a new owner. I'm very impressed how clean it's been after a weeks use.

The tiny tray you fill that's exactly the ovens size keeps things spotless.
Im going to open it up soon but after having a org pax and flowermate.....fuk. Those bitches needed cleanings all the time.

MGG

What temps you using bro? I usually get some wicked reclaim myself. Been over 14 days no cleaning yet ;) heavy use of some super silver haze (@180c) & some rosin (@190c) ive made from the haze c:

typically 185 through silicone into water pipe,. usually i dont go below 178 or above 190.
Same deal with me, I only use rosin and flower.

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
I decided to come back out to where I temporarily lost my Mighty a week ago or so. Might as well have a nice little time.

BueZ5SW.jpg

EDIT: After starting a session right there where I was in this picture, I went across the street just out of the picture to the right, then across the street you can see. While I sat there using the Mighty on the sidewalk, a cop pulled up at the red light right in front of me. Light was red for like two minutes. All I did was relax and put on my not-looking-suspicious face. (Which I guess is the same thing as my looking-suspicious face.) Which is very easy to do when you're a fairly young-looking dude in a chair.

I live in a really interesting area. If you go 500 feet south of me, you're in southern Ohio. There is nothing to the south of me, nothing to the east of me, and almost nothing to the west of me. Yet there is a ton of traffic.

Last edited:

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
I really like the Mighty. This is a very accurate depiction of my life lately: On the couch, still haven't shaved, Mighty on my chest.

Qh4NvcN.jpg

Been thinking about some ways I use the Mighty differently than if it was not battery-powered. First, even though I never set it this low, I usually start inhaling (slowly, which is natural for me) when the actual temperature goes above maybe 330/165 (usually with the Mighty set to at least 380/193). Whenever the Mighty shuts off, if the bowl isn't finished, I take 2-3 more hits while it cools.

I know I had a whole bunch more to say, but apparently Mighty has decided otherwise.

Oh yeah. Mighty on my chest is kinda like a substitute for having a pet there. Or something. I feel safer with it there, maybe. It's just there for me.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@Aimless Ryan
Just finally watched (skimmed) your pizza video. I am so hungry I may have to go out for some this afternoon! I'm not in NYC proper, but not far away.
Decades ago we used to be able to say it was the excellent tasting Adirondack water in NYC (strange, but true!) that allowed for such pizza and bagels. Sadly, some of that edge has been lost. Still, I've been around most all of the US and have never found one that satisfies in the same way -- but I can see without even tasting that you've nailed it!

I once did some work for a guy who, on our first meeting handed me a substantial sum of cash as a deposit, just after telling me he was the biggest supplier of pizza flour on the East Coast. Needless to say, I was careful to give him great service...

Keep on truckin' Ryan! I love seeing pix of where Mighty has traveled!

(apologies all around for off-topic, but I don't think we have -or need- a pizza thread!)

ChooChooCharlie

Good point. We use the caps all the time in our mighty now. And the mighty stays much cleaner.

About 90% of the time we use it without the cooling unit screen. I put the screen in for fine grinds or dry herbs, but not often.

With the caps the top screen got resined up pretty fast. It works fine with caps and no screen.

The convenience of the caps is really great. About twice a week I fill caps. That often keeps the herbs fresh. And despite seeming flimsy they are holding up very well.

Fantastic, @shredder !

No CU screen for last 3 days, and no friggin' resin on capsule lids!!

This will save me so many CU swaps and capsule soaks. Know you posted this a while back, but I'm slow to change habits. I also know that many owners reclaim through scraping and would be appalled by the idea of herb bits fouling their harvest. Not me. I'm overjoyed by resin free capsule lids!!!

shredder

Fantastic, @shredder !

No CU screen for last 3 days, and no friggin' resin on capsule lids!!

This will save me so many CU swaps and capsule soaks. Know you posted this a while back, but I'm slow to change habits. I also know that many owners reclaim through scraping and would be appalled by the idea of herb bits fouling their harvest. Not me. I'm overjoyed by resin free capsule lids!!!

Glad it's working for you!

Eventually, the capsules still get sticky but it takes a while longer without that screen. When that happens, maybe every 4-5days, I use an alcohol soaked qtip to clean the cooling unit opening.

I clean the whole cooling unit maybe monthly.

And other than right where the opening catches incoming vapor I haven't really seen flecks of herb in my cooling unit.

Hotz

Let me ask you a question, if you turn on the power, put your ear to the digital panel, do you guys hear any noise? I can hear a noise as if it were several beeps or something, but it's very low

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Let me ask you a question, if you turn on the power, put your ear to the digital panel, do you guys hear any noise? I can hear a noise as if it were several beeps or something, but it's very low

I definitely hear an audible high pitch ring if i put my ear right up to it when it turns on.
I don't know if i'd describe it as a beep.
I hear a high pitched ring all the time, but I'm getting older...
My Pax2 plays Funky Town very faintly on startup! It unlocks if you reach level 20 on Simon game.
Mighty designers aren't quite so playful, but I have heard people here refer to the faint sound you're talking about. I think my toaster oven does it, too. ;)

Smokinjoe

Anyone have a bubbler or little bong setup to go with the mighty.

Kinda broke too cuz I just bought it and a bunch of accessories so the $125 setups are not exactly what I'm looking for.

Any good ones? I've seen cheap stuff on amazon ??

Top Bottom