The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

jdent3

Can anyone tell me what diameter whip tubing fits the mighty mouthpiece? I had a whip for it before and im pretty sure it was an extreme q whip but don't know what size. I know about the delta 3d adapter but would rather just use the whip attached directly to the mouthpiece.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Can anyone tell me what diameter whip tubing fits the mighty mouthpiece? I had a whip for it before and im pretty sure it was an extreme q whip but don't know what size. I know about the delta 3d adapter but would rather just use the whip attached directly to the mouthpiece.
I use 5/16" inside diameter, it is snug, very good fit. I would not go smaller, though maybe others use 3/8" just fine(?)

MonkeyTime

I use 5/16" inside diameter, it is snug, very good fit. I would not go smaller, though maybe others use 3/8" just fine(?)
I've used both and prefer the smaller. It's snug, I usually spit lube it, but its firm and comes off ok. The larger works just fine, but annoys me because it feels loose.

If you're the type that considers details, 5/16this for the win!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Just to add that surgical grade silicone is more flexible and easier to fit (no spit-lube for me thanks!) than the more rigid food-grade type non-silicone, though I don't recall what that tubing is made of.

I got started with the 5/16" because it also fits with the inexpensive glass 90 degree/18mm adapter sold by Arizer to mate up to water tools.

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
Yesterday my dude texted me to let me know he had half an ounce left of some really good shit. He wanted to find out if I'd be interested. I wasn't in need, but I will be. So I said why not and told him I'd head to the bank. He met me there, along with his buddy, who I'd met before.

I just happened to have my Mighty in my pocket, as well as a partially loaded filling tool. He was unaware that I had bought a new vape. From outside his car, on my chair, I handed him the Mighty and the filling tool and instructed him what to do. We all had a nice session right there in the bank parking lot.

They both seemed to think the Mighty was pretty sweet; probably because it is.

Montell

Anyone else using it through water? Curious what temps people are using, i see alot of people who vape through a bubbler cranking vapes to max but I am not see if I buy a bubbler I would want to do that.

Montell,

MonkeyTime

Thru water I'm straight to 410f, no looking back 90% of the time. Once in a while if it's for a long slow session, I'll start around 375F and step up 10 degrees every 2-3 hits.

MonkeyTime,

ohmygodimsohigh

Anyone else using it through water? Curious what temps people are using, i see alot of people who vape through a bubbler cranking vapes to max but I am not see if I buy a bubbler I would want to do that.

I don't always bong it at max temps with the Mighty, but if I want higher temps I definitely hit them through water. 370F vaporbong sessions are great too.

ohmygodimsohigh,
Reactions: CHIDOY

Aimless Ryan

Having owned my Mighty for a few weeks, I have two gripes; one I believe is universal and another that's not a huge deal for someone like myself, since I don't often leave my neighborhood.

My first gripe is the fact that you can't stand-up the Mighty without buying an aftermarket (I believe that word fits here) stand. My second gripe is that my Mighty's battery seems to drain fairly quickly. But even with that gripe, being able to use the Mighty while charging makes it a lot less of an issue, or possibly a non-issue.

Love the Mighty. Very glad @ChooChooCharlie went out of his way to steer me toward Mighty (over Plenty and EVO). (I'm still drooling over them, though.) Thanks dude.

biohacker

But even with that gripe, being able to use the Mighty while charging makes it a lot less of an issue, or possibly a non-issue.

You'll trash your battery alot quicker if you do that, and they aren't cheap to replace. Have you contemplated the Solo II? The battery life is much better than the Mighty and many have retired their Mighty's in favour of it. Something to consider, since it's more affordable as well.

I personally think that the Solo II and Mighty are the best portables out there! Can't wait to see what S&B come up with next. I'm done with supporting small companies with flakey products and support. Sticking with Arizer and S&B - the "big boys"! :D

Aimless Ryan

I don't really charge while using (or use while charging), but it's good to have that option.

Aimless Ryan,
Reactions: biohacker

biohacker

After some back and forth with S&B I was told that there is somewhat of a passthrough by utilizing it when FULLY charged. I did this for many months without any real battery deterioration. I used the Mighty like a desktop!

ChooChooCharlie

Having owned my Mighty for a few weeks, I have two gripes; one I believe is universal and another that's not a huge deal for someone like myself, since I don't often leave my neighborhood.

My first gripe is the fact that you can't stand-up the Mighty without buying an aftermarket (I believe that word fits here) stand. My second gripe is that my Mighty's battery seems to drain fairly quickly. But even with that gripe, being able to use the Mighty while charging makes it a lot less of an issue, or possibly a non-issue.

Love the Mighty. Very glad @ChooChooCharlie went out of his way to steer me toward Mighty (over Plenty and EVO). (I'm still drooling over them, though.) Thanks dude.

Happy that you're happy! You made me smile!

Lots of friendly folks here offered you their advice, but thanks for the call out! After trying to watch your videos, I always feel like a hedonistic rec-vaping schmuck. Glad if my mangled and repetitive posts here helped you.

Speaking of repetitive posts, here's more. (if my posts are repeated enough, they become true)

Was doing a 5 CU cleaning batch this morning and thought some more on the CU opening issue. My fingertips were feeling girly-man sensitive, and was struggling to push down on that oval post (my preferred method). Saw the S&B wood handled brush sitting there, and, you guessed it.

Works well, as long as you keep that sliding hologram piece out of the way with your left thumb and finger while holding firmly. Can exert steady downward pressure on that oval post using the brush handle in right hand.

Frees one side usually. Resist temptation to pry at this point -- too frustrating. Instead, press it back together, then push down on the post again. This time, the other side usually frees up. Repeat once maybe twice, in a rocking see-saw action, then it's easy to pry.

If you feel comfortable with your method of leverage, I won't argue. What works best for you is the most important thing.

On the stand issue, or rather, the lack of standing issue: I remember my Mighty on its side, rocking back and forth helplessly like a frustrated turtle. Before 2qan, I found the black ammo bands let it lay flat more gently without sliding. Like you said, you could create a charging stand yourself.

About the battery life, longer individual sessions result in fewer sessions total, before reaching for the charging cable. I usually do my draws in rapid succession like I do my shots. It was a big selling feature for me, that it could keep up, unlike most portables with wait/re-heat needs between draws. But, you have respiratory constraints, so leisurely sessions are a requirement for you, not a luxury. You will need to recharge more frequently. I recharge at least twice per day with an hour countdown timer. Here we have yet another example: no perfect vape! Awh, shucks!

Hope your Mighty experience does not trigger a sudden outbreak of portable on-demand VAS. Eh, who am I kidding, part of the fun. Gotta get a second portable, Ryan, then a third ...

Aimless Ryan

One more gripe: difficulty of returning the mouthpiece after removing it.
After some back and forth with S&B I was told that there is somewhat of a passthrough by utilizing it when FULLY charged. I did this for many months without any real battery deterioration. I used the Mighty like a desktop!
Did you keep it plugged in all the time?

I don't need to charge any more than once a day. I don't think I use it a ton, partly because it shares time with the Volcano. However, I think I have been using the Mighty considerably more than the Volcano.

Montell

I just got my mighty and I love it, have tried and owned a few other vapes before mflb, gpen elite, boundless cfx, and recently sticky brick jr.

My goal was i wanted stronger vapor and bigger hits since switching from smoking, i am just not a fan of small wispy hits and that medium level head high, when i smoke i want it to hit me hard. I have my medical weed card

Well the sticky brick jr finally did for that me but I am having issues with butane and getting the technique down without scorching, and thankfully i can say the mighty produces lots of very strong vapor which i love after switching from smoking, finally it feels more like smoking high. I am vaping at 380.

My only complaint and this maybe due to the plastic taste, I have only used it 5 times but did five burn off's as well (not sure if thats necessary), but after the terpenes fade I am getting a taste like plastic and smell from the vapor after the terpenes fade. Will this go away and how long? People I tried it with loved it but thought the bowl was done after 5 hits because of the taste.

The boundless chamber is 3 times the size and i wish the mighty had a bigger chamber to, but the mighty is more efficient, so it should not have that vaped weed plastic taste that quick. The boundless taste wears off after about 4 hits but then it just doesnt have a taste. The mighty tastes like plastic after.

I hope that goes away, otherwise its near perfect. I cant really imagine a better portable that can hit like this while also being smooth.

biohacker

It feels great to cut the cords.

Dude, you know it! And as you know from our PM's something can be said for usage habits and being chained to a desktop unit encouraging abuse. It was for this very reason I sold my Herbo Ti.... i'm sticking with portables from here on out. I can maybe see a Mighty in my future again, but i'll have to see how my Solo II stands up being out and about, as the heatup time is super impressive, although the Mighty is no slouch either.

Did you keep it plugged in all the time?

I did when I used it as a desktop and wanted to preserve the battery as much as possible. It didn't charge when fully charged up, it could keep up.

Vaporcussion

Was doing a 5 CU cleaning batch this morning and thought some more on the CU opening issue. My fingertips were feeling girly-man sensitive, and was struggling to push down on that oval post (my preferred method). Saw the S&B wood handled brush sitting there, and, you guessed it.

5 CU's, I'm impressed!
I pry it apart from the bottom, by pulling gently on both sides of the ring, back and forth, a little at a time...

Vaporcussion,

MinnBobber

5 CU's, I'm impressed!
I pry it apart from the bottom, by pulling gently on both sides of the ring, back and forth, a little at a time...

@ChooChooCharlie pushes down on the oval locking post.

I do a combination of both, push down on the unlocked post AND rock the base plate very gently.
And when apart, a little dab of coconut oil on the O-rings helps for next time!

Note that I've never examined top of the the CU under a bright light. NOW I see why they call that a hologram.
It's got some depth going for it.

Big request:....... can anyone do a schematic 3D rendering to show exactly how the vapor flows thru the CU???? !!!!
With all those walls and center chambers and side pathways and chambers and not knowing IF the center walls completely seal OR if they are designed to let some spillage over the top, I find it impossible to trace the flow.
I'd really like to see the exact vapor flow.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Big request:....... can anyone do a schematic 3D rendering to show exactly how the vapor flows thru the CU???? !!!!
With all those walls and center chambers and side pathways and chambers and not knowing IF the center walls completely seal OR if they are designed to let some spillage over the top, I find it impossible to trace the flow.
I don't have the schematic for you, sorry, but I believe all those walls are called "baffles" and for good reason. I do think vapor can pass over, under, around, etc ( though not 'through'! Remember Paliament cigs. 'micronite filter' decsription? Ha!).
So, in my interpretation, the vapor path is lengthened, as it travels around the baffles, which direct it (confuse it, as in baffle) giving vapor a chance to cool.
I'm sure there's a lot more science and fluid dynamics behind this German product than meets the eye!

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
It's not that complicated if you look at it in 2D from above:
the entry is the middle above the bowl, then it flows to the opposite side of the mouthpiece trough the middle channel, divides up to the left and right side channels and from there to the mouthpiece
horizantally it's just up and down over riffles many times - any leakages between the riffles will get sealed by gold :D (there is no coal in the mighty mountains, but gold at vapour river falls)

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

Fun looking at the two halves with their offset baffle tabs. If the plastic was transparent, we would see how channels get formed. First channel from inlet, takes roller coaster ride up and down making four 180 degree vertical turns. Then channel splits into left and right sides as air reverses direction, taking a few more vertical 180 turns along the way. Left and right streams are reunited at the post, making five more 180 turns in its journey to the mouthpiece exit.

I think of that serpentine path inside the CU as a mixer.

Most folks just think of the elongation aspect, compressing a long path into a small space. True for practical reasons, but important mixing occurs. Mixing gives every molecule many chances to hit a surface, transferring heat, cooling the stream.

Over the last 15 years, much research has been published not only on curved pathways, but also on this rectangular channel design in "micro-mixing" applications. Here's a picture showing two fluids being mixed. The rectangular channel pathway in the 4th image created the higher Dean number and the most mixing. This is a "mixing" example of two fluids, but the same mixing occurs in the CU, allowing maximum molecule/wall cooling interaction.

TqlAqzNl.jpg

Top Bottom