The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Me too, like I said in my original post you can't see enough of it to know. But if my suspessions are correct and it just push fits onto the end if the CU then imo that is not the best way to use these devices with water pieces. A more direct approach is preferable.

I had success with the easy flow until the unnecessary force it applies broke my housing because of its inherent design floor.

Anyone using one needs to be careful.

As for the muzzmod it's really very easy to make. The first two attempts didn't hold for me either but the third is holding up. And id rather have a broken adapter than a broken Crafty. Also the great thing is for the same price as one easy flow I brought enough parts to make 5 muzzmods. The two I made for friends are still going.
So, the Grizzly adapter is not glass (thank you @biohacker ). I'll pass.

The muzzmod is relatively simple to make for someone who has basic skill and confidence, but not just anybody can whip one off.
Even with skill and lots of confidence, your success rate is 60%. Hope the future ones work out better. As far what they cost goes, if you are purchasing the parts, you're going to be in well over 20 bucks for a Crafty c/u and glass adapter that you can use. Your math is indicating that an Easy Flow adapter costs well over $100?

h3rbalist

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too
So, the Grizzly adapter is not glass (thank you @biohacker ). I'll pass.

The muzzmod is relatively simple to make for someone who has basic skill and confidence, but not just anybody can whip one off.
Even with skill and lots of confidence, your success rate is 60%. Hope the future ones work out better. As far what they cost goes, if you are purchasing the parts, you're going to be in well over 20 bucks for a Crafty c/u and glass adapter that you can use. Your math is indicating that an Easy Flow adapter costs well over $100?

I didn't allow for the cost of the CU actually. I have so many free ones I forget you're supposed to pay for them.

But all the other parts used equalled the same cost as the adapter.

Which was £20

Jb £5
Clamp £5
5x 18mm £10

Btw I'm not having a dig at your or any one elses crafting ability, seriously the thing is easy to make and my hands shake like an acholics. Mine don't look pretty. The only problem I had was not leaving it 24hrs to for the jb weld to set the first two times. The mistakes did not cost me anything as I just remade the same one and left it for 48hrs.

It was satisfying making it and if anyone's having problems making one or wants to buy a clamp and some used weld cheap pm me. I'm happy to share the love.

I've probably jinxed myself now but *touch wood* mine has been flawless and seriously heavily abused.

I still treat it with the same respect as a regular CU, more so in fact as it has no addional lock to stop you over twisting. So I never fully close it, there is no point as the seal is so good.

:science:

biohacker

Let the arguments begin...but I'm out!

This would also support what @vapviking was told about when the 2 years is counted from. They don't have a good way to know when you bought your vape, but they can track when you first sent in a broken unit.

Weird, typical S&B.... when it says in black & white in the Mighty manual (page 28):

"The warranty period for the MIGHTY Vaporizer begins on the date when the Product is physically delivered to the Customer’s site, and is valid for twenty-four (24) months thereafter"

It also says the warranty is solely for the original owner so go figure, you would think - like most warranties, that at least a proof of purchase (ie. invoice/receipt) would be required.

rodders83

Just repeated use (without closing completely) was enough to weaken my housing.

Also you get resin buildup at the point the glass makes contact with the herb chamber (which is never 100% flush, because of the design of these adapters) and that adds to the unwanted forces also.

/bangs head

Well i ordered caps anyways for a top screen for the one i bought but hmm do i use it or not i think the CU stinks of plastic hence Muzzmod is like the only alternative here? I never knew the Easyflow did not sit flush how can you be an adapter and not sit flush no one mentioned this before did they? Because would air not be sucked in thus lowering air pressure in the bowl?

And what happens once the housing got weakened i would love to know more as it a destroyed Mighty or would S&B fix it for a fee? I really am holding out on someone designing a better alternative hence i never use my Mighty. But it was still best to buy now because the exchange rate jumped a fair bit. I have to make a choice at the end of the month anyways a fishing trip is planned and i need to vape so its either Muzzmod, Easyflow or put up with the stock CU or link the CU via silicone to my F-Bomb. But i really want to use the hydratube glass on glass.

Sigh it sucks that the easyflow came so close to glory.

TheMadDabber

I ° The Magician
Has anyone here experimented with the mighty and organic cotton, to filter particulates and cool the vapor. I would love to hear.

TheMadDabber,
Reactions: h3rbalist

subway13029

The vape fiend one doesn't seal well u less you use a screen on top of load and you can't twist all the way on. The muzzmod is best yet but unless you dremel and go the extra mile and reinforce them then they will fail most likely when the reclaim builds up between the epoxy and glass or the plastic. Also the ratchet v2 is good but it's not as stable. It provides bigger hits than an adapter on the end of the mp,but it doesn't support itself like glass or a harder material. Still looking for the perfect connection. Why hasn't it been done yet? Like the cf and CFx wpa?? That's a beast!!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Weird, typical S&B.... when it says in black & white in the Mighty manual (page 28):

"The warranty period for the MIGHTY Vaporizer begins on the date when the Product is physically delivered to the Customer’s site, and is valid for twenty-four (24) months thereafter"

It also says the warranty is solely for the original owner so go figure, you would think - like most warranties, that at least a proof of purchase (ie. invoice/receipt) would be required.
Yeah, stranger than fiction!

"We are sorry for the confusion. The warranty would begin from the first date we received the device for warranty service, which in your case would be March 19, 2015. Hope this clears things up. Thank you and have a nice day."

That's what the email from S&B said in Dec. '15 when I asked for second clarification.

That email was also intended to clarify that they were referring only to the first defective device.

I guess I'd be mildly curious whether that Mighty page 28 quote or similar was in the Crafty manual around January '15, which would relate directly to my original purchase. I tossed that and two others along the way, but my (newer) Mighty manual does have that quote. Thank you for posting this @biohacker .

Go figure!

vapviking,
Reactions: biohacker

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Mighty came out to play this weekend...while I much prefer the milaana for short, personal sessions...the mighty is still a fucking beast!

Should go ahead and order some dosing capsules...

I was thinking about selling it...but not anymore! (Pax2 is still on the copping block with a few others)

Don't really care that S&B Oakland is horrible as long as I know how to navigate the turds in the bowl...

TheMadDabber

I ° The Magician
Mighty came out to play this weekend...while I much prefer the milaana for short, personal sessions...the mighty is still a fucking beast!

I was thinking about selling it...but not anymore! (Pax2 is still on the copping block with a few others)

Don't really care that S&B Oakland is horrible as long as I know how to navigate the turds in the bowl...

Nah dont sell it dude, the dosing capsule will take your Mighty game to the next level.

vapviking

Old & In the Way

Just went on an overnight road trip with 2 others + grand kids. Brought 2 discs of loaded caps (two flavors!).
No muss, no fuss.
Kinda clean tasting hits, too, but that's really subjective.
Clean scene, clean machine.
"Penny Lane is in my ears and in my eyes..." played in the car at one point. The kids love the Beatles One album.
So instead of a filling tool, I had the discs.
Of course I brought a backup film cannister in reserve, though kids around so consumption didn't get crazy and the caps were enough.
Oh, I don't mean to imply that I'm vaping with my grand children (yet). They don't know, ssshhh! I do have an extra Hopper on order for their mom, though.

I put 7 out of the 8 caps in place, leaving #8 home. This leaves a blank space. I draw the one that is to the right of the space and use it, then when spent (and without emptying), replace it in the space further to the left. This way I'm always going around clockwise and don't worry about drawing a dud til I've gone all the way around. I emptied the abv once back home.

So, yeah @WakeAndVape , green light on the capsules!

Justpassedu

The capsules have been working out great for me , I do not like them in my volcano though but for the mighty it is a nice dose and easy to clean. I usually yield about 10 nice sized rips off a capsule at around 380F , not using a capsule I get about double that or more. Perfect to have a bunch ready for whenever I need to vape quickly and after re-opening them up once or twice they become allot easier to get open after a session. I see myself getting many uses out of a few capsules even though they are meant to not really be re-used.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@vapviking and @TheMadDabber thanks for the enabling! My VAS might be manageable if it weren't for you great folk here...

I was going to get them this friday...you fuckers make me want to order today...

...thanks:goon:

:mental::rofl:
Oh, spending the $ is easy to rationalize, I just kept telling myself they would save me money by functioning as budgeting capsules!
If you order today, you might start 'saving' by friday!

Ooops, I see you are on the road to savings already!

@Justpassedu , I found the same, that they are much easier to open/close after a couple of uses. The instructions for use, btw, say that it's okay to reuse them.

I also want to generally reiterate that it's very important to close the cap's lid down all the way, since there's virtually no tolerance allowed in the design. A lid that a little askew can put added pressure on the c/u and we all know where that leads...

Last edited:

TheMadDabber

I ° The Magician
@vapviking and @TheMadDabber thanks for the enabling! My VAS might be manageable if it weren't for you great folk here...

I was going to get them this friday...you fuckers make me want to order today...

...thanks:goon:

:mental::rofl:

Annnnnd youre not helping me control my Vas man, youre fueling the fire, youve mentioned the Milaana so many times, now I feel like I have to get it. :hmm:

Last edited:

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Annnnnd youre not helping my Vas man, youre fueling the fire, youve mentioned the Milaana so many times, now I feel like I have to get it. :hmm:

I've also been on the fence with the Milaana after all this talk.

----

I almost ordered my capsules today. Maybe when I get home. I'll do the magazine with 8, the 40, and then some screens for like $30 bucks for free shipping.

I can't believe how much better the Mighty is than my portable Pax. I'm such a fool for not buying a new portable in 4 years. Luckily I still think the Cloud Evo is the top of the desktop line for me

Last edited:

TheMadDabber

I ° The Magician
I've also been on the fence with the Milaana after all this talk.

----

I almost ordered my capsules today. Maybe when I get home. I'll do the magazine with 8, the 40, and then some screens for like $30 bucks for free shipping.

I can't believe how much better the Mighty is than my portable Pax. I'm such a fool for not buying a new portable in 4 years. Luckily I still think the Cloud Evo is the top of the desktop line for me

Cloud Evo sounds like its in my future as well. The Mighty vaporizer is unlike any other vape Ive ever owned.

TheMadDabber,
Reactions: h3rbalist

nb8475

@WakeAndVape @vapviking and all others who have to deal with Oakland S&B will get a kick out of this one.
I had been trying to get a hold of someone on the S&B number to explain why I was receiving such shit service. Frustrated, I left a message on their sales line posing as a redistribution looking to buy volcanos in bulk. I had a feeling their money-grubbing hands would respond to this but not actual customer needs.

Lo and behold I was right. After blowing up their phone all week and leaving authentic messages, the only call back I get is regarding the wholesaler request. I missed their call, but they left a cheery message for "John". If only I could get that level of attention.

Justpassedu

Cloud Evo sounds like its in my future as well. The Mighty vaporizer is unlike any other vape Ive ever owned.
A Cloud Evo & Mighty make the perfect match, It took me several vapes to realize this. It is a match made in heaven, now I do have vas and still like buying different vapes to try out but you def cant go wrong with that combo at all.

Eatrocks

@WakeAndVape @vapviking and all others who have to deal with Oakland S&B will get a kick out of this one.
I had been trying to get a hold of someone on the S&B number to explain why I was receiving such shit service. Frustrated, I left a message on their sales line posing as a redistribution looking to buy volcanos in bulk. I had a feeling their money-grubbing hands would respond to this but not actual customer needs.

Lo and behold I was right. After blowing up their phone all week and leaving authentic messages, the only call back I get is regarding the wholesaler request. I missed their call, but they left a cheery message for "John". If only I could get that level of attention.

LOL

They most likely don't have any info on ur claim...they are handling it dont worry. Until it ships I doubt they will have any status updates.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Ok f* it. Order placed. I really do love the Mighty how it works currently, but if I could have capsules loaded, that would be incredible. Plus, right now the bowl does use a lot of material. I'm hoping this conserves a bit of material

1x Magazine with 8 Dosing Capsules
1x Dosing Capsule Set, 40 pcs.
1x MIGHTY Screen Set
1x MIGHTY Fine Screen Set

No tax / no shipping. That's awesome

Eatrocks

Ok f* it. Order placed. I really do love the Mighty how it works currently, but if I could have capsules loaded, that would be incredible. Plus, right now the bowl does use a lot of material. I'm hoping this conserves a bit of material

1x Magazine with 8 Dosing Capsules
1x Dosing Capsule Set, 40 pcs.
1x MIGHTY Screen Set
1x MIGHTY Fine Screen Set

No tax / no shipping. That's awesome

Dang u shuda got the pads for the dosing caps.

Eatrocks,
Top Bottom