The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@WakeAndVape

Thanks for the diligence.. Well, I did tell them the housing cracked and chipped through normal use, and was careful with my wording. I might have done myself a disservice by sending too much info. I also was careful to not mention the battery life.

So you're saying when you ship it in with a rubber band around it they treat it differently? That's odd.

I wish I could be as confident as you I'm receiving a new unit. Your picture gives me hope; my package is 1lb heavier than that. However, per the last message I received from S&B I will not be getting a new one:

"We will repair your device, but it may need servicing again in the future.

Our Warranty dose not cover failures do to wear and tear. "

13389238_10208633419489530_139760827_o.png
Their warranty doesn't cover wear and tear...but breaking is not a result of wear and tear (or shouldn't be if the unit was made correctly)

Not sure if the rubber band does anything...but I have heard of multiple people with badly split housing, reporting S&B charging them for 'repairs'

Everytime I have shipped mine back it was due to cracked housing and have never been charged (though the rest of the CS carousel was absolute shit).

If they do send it back (the original)...keep telling them your getting err004 and hot when charging.

I'm sure they have tons of housing on deck...but I don't think S&B Oakland repairs much more than that in house... so if it's more involved they will generally send you a new unit.

Only time will tell though...you will win in the end if your patient.

...but you will surely feel the sting of a top notch product with mediocre backing.

WakeAndVape,
Reactions: nb8475

TheMadDabber

I ° The Magician
Realistically speaking, from a financial investment prespective, if you put all your eggs in one basket, you are setting yourself up for failure.

As @mrbonsai420, has an arsenal of vapes, so if one were to fail him, he always has a backup while he has the option to dance the tango with the company in question.

Yes, it sucks that one should spend a good amount of money on a unit and then the unit acts up or doesnt seem as promising.

And yes it sucks if a company and or the customer service adds to the insult by not standing behind the product or not meeting your expectations.

Now, I am not bashing any company nor am I saying its the consumers fault, but as a consumer I believe that we have alot of power when it comes to buying things and even after what we buy does not result in a postive outcome. We always have choices.

If a felt a company wasnt up to par, I would simply stop dealing with them. Now, there are companies that make products that I love and that break down every now and then, but I love the products so much that I am willing to overlook the negatives.

Good luck to everybody has to go the extra mile to get the unit they are supposed to get and I hope you get what you are looking for.

Last edited:
TheMadDabber,

Eatrocks

This has prob been mentioned but If u send in ur mighty a week before the 2 yr warranty and they send u a replacement...do u get another 2 yrs on the replacement?

mrjunkie

Menny
does anyone vape hashish? i invested a couple bucks when i got a few bits n bobs from vaposhop and got these summit vapium screens which i was not sure were going to fit in this size bowl and did not get to bother with testing that till now, well it turned out ok they fit nice just depending what hash it could ed up massing up inside or not with blond light hash and les oily its ok but with some really sticky ones i rather not still with (with out any flower as some black sticky ones really make alot of mess and are not easy to remove after) also just a dream here but if only with usb charging (the plug only powers 5v- i think the unit is 12
x3K7KW9.png
v
VjZJlZL.jpg
x3K7KW9.png
) sorry not the best cam..

mrjunkie,

Eatrocks

VjZJlZL.jpg
[/IMG] does anyone vape hasish? i invested a couple bucks when i got a few bits n bobs from vaposhop and got these summit vapium screens which i was not sure were going to fit in this size bowl and did not get to bother with testing that till now, well it turned out ok they fit nice also just a dream here but if only with usb charging (the plug only powers 5v- i think the unit is 12
x3K7KW9.png
v
VjZJlZL.jpg
x3K7KW9.png
) sorry not the best cam..

I just got some caramel looking wax I've tried a few times. Had reclaim/residue coating on the chamber walls. It didn't leak thru the pad but I just put lil dabs on. After a few of these i soak the pad in iso, come back and iso Is dark brown...rinse repeat..come back and iso is almost just as dark as the first time.

Eatrocks,

rodders83

Ah yes Vapefiend talking about them i am still waiting to see dosing capsules listed... And looking for a classic that is new batch with no logo. All this from one shop hmm but where?

rodders83,

TheMadDabber

I ° The Magician
Does everyone here leave the cooling unit screen on when using the capsules? I find that I have to press the CU down a bit to twist it on, not alot just a bit, was wondering if this would contribute to the wear and tear.

I did change out the more opened screen to the finer one for the cooling unit, so I can filter more particulates.

Actually, while cleaning today I noticed that the CU had some pariculates in there because I was drawing harder and used the more opened screen. I think this could have contributed to my throat and lung irritation. Will be recieving my water adapter next week, so Im patiently waiting.

By the way, I found fishermans friend menthol cough drops and realized that if I use the cough drop while vaping I can guage the vape irritation intensity. Since the mouth and throat is more temperature sensitive due to the cough drop, I can feel the vapor expanding all the way from the beginning of the straw when I draw, coupled with peppermint tea and Im toasty.

TheMadDabber,

h3rbalist

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too
Re: Easyflow Adapter

Crafty-Mighty-Easy-Flow-Wasserfilter-Adapter_b2.jpg

I found this item does not fit correctly onto your Mighty/Crafty.

I do not recommend using it as it puts excess strain on the plastic housing and will cause damage.

I highly recommend a muzmod for those serious about using water pieces. (with or without capsules)

:bowdown: @elmomuzz

h3rbalist

Regarding the easy flow 18mm adapter,
Just noticed this item from Grizzly in my search today.
Has anyone tried this one, or am I better off with the VapingFans version?

18mm-mighty-crafty-adapter-600x630.png

I can't tell exactly how the Grizzly one fits or where the screen is.

Also the VapingFans one looks exactly like the vapefiend one that broke my Crafty housing.

Imo just make a muzzmod.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I can't tell exactly how the Grizzly one fits or where the screen is.

Also the VapingFans one looks exactly like the vapefiend one that broke my Crafty housing.

Imo just make a muzzmod.
I reserve judgement on the Grizzly, pending more information.

Some folks have success with the Vapefiend adapter, or whatever it may be sold as. But others have had difficulty. So, cautions, but I think there are probably many folks using them without problem. Maybe the manufacturer has adjusted the tight fit?

I highly respect the creativity demonsrated by @elmomuzz . However, making one is generally outside the skill set of average folks. Having highly refined skills myself, I've made two and each has eventually failed after many high temp sessions.

I don't take issue with your experience, but I point out that it is not the answer for all.

So, what is this Grizzly thing made of?
Mounting?
Screen?
Let's get on this...

cloudsosmoke

FC member @Ratchett does a few accessories

http://delta3dstudios.com/portable-vaporizer-accessories/mighty-vaporizer/

inc
mini stand (..purple one below in pic)
14mm and 18mm and universal water adapters for mouthpiece- work on crafty and mighty

then i saw this (same link)

- hadnt seen mighty c/u mod v2 before

IMG_7251__33944.1447896247.1280.1280.JPG

IMG_7272__45404.1447896248.1280.1280.JPG

it replaces top half of mighty cooling unit
- so i guess for crafty you could get spare mighty cooling unit (which would then fit on crafty) -
..theres some positive reviews on site

i have had namaste 3d printed mouthpiece adapter like below (same as grizzly i think) for a while and in the end im not using it very much - just because c/u works fine without water

edit @biohacker yea 3d very crude and has split a little ..but it still manages to do the job

IMG_7070__43064.1441281062.1280.1280.JPG

(vapefiend adapter was disaster - but there might have been contributory negligence)

- but i dont think im going to be able to resist trying this new (to me) adapter

biohacker

I wasn't referring to delta 3d studios SonG as being crude and likely to destroy your Mighty, but rather that grizzly one, unless i'm mistaken....but pretty sure it's not made from glass, but rather composite from a 3D printer, not silicone like Ratchett's.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
This has prob been mentioned but If u send in ur mighty a week before the 2 yr warranty and they send u a replacement...do u get another 2 yrs on the replacement?
That is a mystery still.

I do know when you get a replacement mighty, they send you a receipt that reflects the date it was sent to you...my educated guess would be it resets the warranty. The problem is once people hear it, they call S&B to confirm and S&B will quickly change the policy once they figure out they would loose tons of money...because it's hard to find an original heavily used mighty that has needed no service what-so-ever.

All speculation of course.
Just posted in the Crafty thread..... there have been some horrific reviews online....it is made from 3D printed material and comes out quite crude apparently. Buyer beware.
A company called grizzly GLASS that makes plastic accessories??? Hint #1 that something is fishy.

WakeAndVape,
Reactions: biohacker

vapviking

Old & In the Way
That is a mystery still.

I do know when you get a replacement mighty, they send you a receipt that reflects the date it was sent to you...my educated guess would be it resets the warranty. The problem is once people hear it, they call S&B to confirm and S&B will quickly change the policy once they figure out they would loose tons of money...because it's hard to find an original heavily used mighty that has needed no service what-so-ever.

All speculation of course.

A company called grizzly GLASS that makes plastic accessories??? Hint #1 that something is fishy.
I don't think it's a mystery.
Been round and round with the warranty question. It does not reset just because the unit had to be replaced. If so, it might go on forever.
Some here say the warranty is two years from date of purchase. When I emailed S&B and clarified with a second email, they told me, in writing, that the 2 year period begins on the day they first receive your (first) unit in for valid warranty claim.
I understand that this is not typical as manufacturer warranties go, but this is nevertheless what they told me.

Under this scenario, if you had a Mighty last for 23 months, then a valid warranty failure, your coverage would continue for another 2 years! Edit: the absurd case just occurred to me-- What if you had a trouble-free mighty for three or four years, then sent it in? Would that start the two year coverage?!?!?
My first Crafty lasted 2 months, so my covered ride will be 26 months total. It does seem odd. I have a fixed date, from the clarification email, that confirms this.
But, and fot the last time, the warranty does not reset, it's more a matter of just when the 2 year period starts.
Let the arguments begin...but I'm out!

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I don't think it's a mystery.
Been round and round with the warranty question. It does not reset just because the unit had to be replaced. If so, it might go on forever.
Some here say the warranty is two years from date of purchase. When I emailed S&B and clarified with a second email, they told me, in writing, that the 2 year period begins on the day they first receive your (first) unit in for valid warranty claim.
I understand that this is not typical as manufacturer warranties go, but this is nevertheless what they told me.

Under this scenario, if you had a Mighty last for 23 months, then a valid warranty failure, your warranty would continue for another 2 years!
My first Crafty lasted 2 months, so my covered ride will be 26 months total. It does seem odd. I have a fixed date, from the clarification email, that confirms this.
But, and fot the last time, the warranty does not reset, it's more a matter of just when the 2 year period starts.
Let the arguments begin...but I'm out!
I'm out as well.

All I will say is...for a company that has many retailers and online retailers, they are super backed up and don't require a proof of purchase to warranty a vape...

If your forth coming and tell them you purchased your original unit on: X/XX/XXXX
I'm sure they would cover you accordingly

But if you told them your purchase date was the date your replacement was recieved...how would they know? They don't keep good records.

So yeah if your 'honest abe' you might run into issues...but that ain't me, especially with S&B Oakland!

WakeAndVape,

h3rbalist

I reserve judgement on the Grizzly, pending more information.

Some folks have success with the Vapefiend adapter, or whatever it may be sold as. But others have had difficulty. So, cautions, but I think there are probably many folks using them without problem. Maybe the manufacturer has adjusted the tight fit?

I highly respect the creativity demonsrated by @elmomuzz . However, making one is generally outside the skill set of average folks. Having highly refined skills myself, I've made two and each has eventually failed after many high temp sessions.

I don't take issue with your experience, but I point out that it is not the answer for all.

So, what is this Grizzly thing made of?
Mounting?
Screen?
Let's get on this...

Me too, like I said in my original post you can't see enough of it to know. But if my suspessions are correct and it just push fits onto the end if the CU then imo that is not the best way to use these devices with water pieces. A more direct approach is preferable.

I had success with the easy flow until the unnecessary force it applies broke my housing because of its inherent design floor.

Anyone using one needs to be careful.

As for the muzzmod it's really very easy to make. The first two attempts didn't hold for me either but the third is holding up. And id rather have a broken adapter than a broken Crafty. Also the great thing is for the same price as one easy flow I brought enough parts to make 5 muzzmods. The two I made for friends are still going.

h3rbalist,

rodders83

@h3rbalist

What exactly happened dude? did you buy one and not know turning it all the way around causes force upon the housing? Or did you follow the instructions and it still broke? I have not used mine as i need another screen for it hence ill use a capsule lid on top of my load.

But i do NOT want to crack my housing either and its imo the best solution because the rest are plastic and by god i hate hate hate cancer causing plastic.

rodders83,
Reactions: h3rbalist

MinnBobber

My first Muzzmod took several hours to craft but I think the next will be quicker--I hope :)
I used a Dremel to cut it, but may try a small saw next. I was trying to save some tabs to add extra security under the JB Weld.
I also spent time "roughing up" the glass that gets glued, to offer a more secure bond.

Mighty%20MM%20attached.jpg

h3rbalist

@h3rbalist

What exactly happened dude? did you buy one and not know turning it all the way around causes force upon the housing? Or did you follow the instructions and it still broke? I have not used mine as i need another screen for it hence ill use a capsule lid on top of my load.

But i do NOT want to crack my housing either and its imo the best solution because the rest are plastic and by god i hate hate hate cancer causing plastic.

Just repeated use (without closing completely) was enough to weaken my housing.

Also you get resin buildup at the point the glass makes contact with the herb chamber (which is never 100% flush, because of the design of these adapters) and that adds to the unwanted forces also.

Sasquatch_Jr

But if you told them your purchase date was the date your replacement was recieved...how would they know? They don't keep good records.

Actually I'm pretty sure they do keep track of when you send units in. I moved after getting my first replacement Crafty and the initial shipping confirmation for replacement Crafty #2 had my old address (despite mentioning the new one in the letter I included). I should note that they were very quick to correct the error and the Crafty was sent to the correct address.

This would also support what @vapviking was told about when the 2 years is counted from. They don't have a good way to know when you bought your vape, but they can track when you first sent in a broken unit.

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
My first Muzzmod took several hours to craft but I think the next will be quicker--I hope :)
I used a Dremel to cut it, but may try a small saw next. I was trying to save some tabs to add extra security under the JB Weld.
I also spent time "roughing up" the glass that gets glued, to offer a more secure bond.

Mighty%20MM%20attached.jpg
How does she fair, my friend? Looks solid!

Top Bottom