The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Eatrocks

My Mighty recently had a charging issue so I filled out an RMA (S&B America) and in the comments section I added that I couldn't ascertain which was faulty, the charger male plug or the Mighty female receptacle. They were all over it. An immediate confirmation of my RMA request. Next day, RMA approval and a note saying they were sending a new charger out. If new charger didn't work, use the attached prepaid mail label to return Mighty heating unit. The new charger worked and solved the problem.

I agree that giving feedback is probably appreciated by S&B. When corresponding, I usually try to include some positive remarks along with other comments I may have. For instance, with my first Crafty return, along with telling them I loved how it worked so well, I told them I thought the cracks around where the c/u mounts were result of a design flaw. Of course they already knew that, and the replacement had the reinforced housing.

According to anecdotes here, you are in the enviable position of having to deal with S&B Germany rather than America. Some folks in the states have had a rough ride. I've been fortunate to have been treated well.
Good luck!

Good to hear that, I wish the chargers were German built lol...i ordered a car charger with mighty and it was doa sounds like piu is gonna send me another....i really don't wanna have to carry around the wall wart:cry:

Eatrocks,

stonedbob

100% THC
My father has lung cancer, but he can't smoke (because of his lungs, duh' :uhh:), so a few months ago Ive brought him the Mighty, and I am VERY satisfied (:rofl:), but lately my father starts to complain that he cannot vape anymore, it hurts him...
Does anyone have any ideas that can make him feel better? I want him to keep smoking :leaf:, any ideas will be welcomed!

stonedbob,

Eatrocks

My father has lung cancer, but he can't smoke (because of his lungs, duh' :uhh:), so a few months ago Ive brought him the Mighty, and I am VERY satisfied (:rofl:), but lately my father starts to complain that he cannot vape anymore, it hurts him...
Does anyone have any ideas that can make him feel better? I want him to keep smoking :leaf:, any ideas will be welcomed!

The arizer extreme Q 3 foot whip would help with cooling, the mp of the mighty fits right in the hose and you can either run it thru a rig or hit off the whip. They only like 15 bucks so wouldn't hurt to try something like that.

Eatrocks,
Reactions: stonedbob

Mr.tuffyino-h-i-o

Cannabis oil with coconut oil in 00 capsules

Good luck

Maitri

Deadhead, Low-Temp Dabber, Mahayana Buddhist

Maybe switch him from inhaling to medibles? My mother does not know how to inhale from my sister's Pax 2 so I bought her some cookies because she definitely knows how to ingest them! :rofl:

@Mr.tuffyino-h-i-o's suggestion seems like a great option! :)

TheMadDabber

I ° The Magician

Dude if he must vape, because I know not everybody has the same thoughts on medibles, you can see if this water adapter works, paired up with a short glass piece, Its supposed to smoothen out the vapor and to me I dont see much of a change in draw resistence.

Its a nice pairup with the glass tube that @rachett puts in the pic next to it.

Play with the temps as well, lower it and see if its the same. sometimes one can use the same temps for a while and then out of nowhere, that same temp promotes irritation.

Last edited:
TheMadDabber,
Reactions: Maitri

Maitri

Deadhead, Low-Temp Dabber, Mahayana Buddhist
Dude if he must vape, because I know not everybody has the same thoughts on medibles, you can see if this water adapter works, paired up with a short glass piece, Its supposed to smoothen out the vapor and to me I dont see much of a change in draw resistence.

Its a nice pairup with the glass tube that @rachett puts in the pic next to it.

Play with the temps as well, lower it and see if its the same. sometimes one can use the same temps for a while and then out of nowhere, that same temp encourages irritation.

Great advice! I love my water adapter!! :)

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Welcome to the thread. Sorry it is under these circumstances.
Your dad may have to go to another delivery method (edibles) since delivery to the lungs, even via vaping is by nature somewhat irritating, be it to the throat or lungs, etc.

It is my sincere hope that one of the mods (you there @pakalolo or @momofthegoons ?) can point you in the right direction within these threads. My understanding is that one of the main things that can alleviate irritation is moisture, even more so than cooling. So using some sort of bubbler (NOT a big honkin' bong) might help. The other big offender is draw resistance, the extra sucking one must do with some setups/vapes can bring on acid reflux and other discomforts. Adding a whip to Mighty may or may not add to draw resistance.

I am offering a couple of thoughts (above) and others will as well. I caution you to be discerning about the advice you choose follow. Good luck.

Last edited:

WetGusher

So I got my Mighty in the beginning of the year so I have had it for 5 months and have been slowly writing up my review, getting multiple bowl shots with herbs and toking on it as a daily driver. Recently my bowl has chipped and splitting apart, no drops, no handling it wildly, the device has been in pretty tip-top shape.

But this is scaring me as I don't have another 400$ or some to get a new one. As you will be able to see from the picture it looks like the casing is separating, makes my gut drop :[ thanks everyone in advance for help..

http://imgur.com/a/Rzmqi

WetGusher,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
this is scaring me

I believe the Mighty has an awesome warranty: I think its a full 2 years from DOP. My 1st generation Mighty stopped taking a charge: lights would go on but nothing else. Through email, my problems were solved (once I shipped them the old unit base, and they inspected it for abuse). They sent me a brand-new-spanking-unit, with all the fixings (a new, boxed unit). I think you are safe.

Eatrocks

I went thru many bowls yesterday..was at gf's house blazing, she was laughing how my eyes looked lol. Later at home I packed full chamber of some old og fire shake and holy shit it was like an intense edible high. I did a 5 hit session at low temps starting at 333F then 350F, did get nice flavor with light vapor...waited about 45 min then finished off at 390F.

Just heard back from jake at piu(not state farm), replacement car charger shipped out today! No hassles at all...i dont know if I could live my life if I had to tote around the wall charger:doh::cry:.

Checked it in another car still does nothing but the led turns red.

Eatrocks,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
So I got my Mighty in the beginning of the year so I have had it for 5 months and have been slowly writing up my review, getting multiple bowl shots with herbs and toking on it as a daily driver. Recently my bowl has chipped and splitting apart, no drops, no handling it wildly, the device has been in pretty tip-top shape.

But this is scaring me as I don't have another 400$ or some to get a new one. As you will be able to see from the picture it looks like the casing is separating, makes my gut drop :[ thanks everyone in advance for help..

http://imgur.com/a/Rzmqi
Welcome.
This will almost certainly be covered by (the 2 year) warranty. RMA form is on the website. Do it!

TheMadDabber

I ° The Magician
I went thru many bowls yesterday..was at gf's house blazing, she was laughing how my eyes looked lol. Later at home I packed full chamber of some old og fire shake and holy shit it was like an intense edible high. I did a 5 hit session at low temps starting at 333F then 350F, did get nice flavor with light vapor...waited about 45 min then finished off at 390F.

Just heard back from jake at piu(not state farm), replacement car charger shipped out today! No hassles at all...i dont know if I could live my life if I had to tote around the wall charger:doh::cry:.

Checked it in another car still does nothing but the led turns red.

Are you doing 390° dry? I were to do that without water I would be coughing like crazy, Im at the lower range 338° I am tempted at times to go up.

TheMadDabber,

Eatrocks

Are you doing 390° dry? I were to do that without water I would be coughing like crazy, Im at the lower range 338° I am tempted at times to go up.

Yea i still haven't gotten a whip or wpa, I've vaped on 400+ with mighty, it does start to get warm after a lot of big hits. The cooling chamber soaks up all the heat it can and I can feel it when I touch the tall end of the cu. I've been at 365F for the most part, 350F is the lowest I've done a sess at....

I might get into some low temp bowls at the movies today since it's raining and 5 dollar tuesdays...3 weeks of rain so far.

Eatrocks,

vapviking

Old & In the Way

There's a lot going on at temps above 338! The choice is about more than irritation or flavor.
http://fuckcombustion.com/resources/temperature-controlled-vaporizing.3/

I've noticed that I can vape some strains at higher temps (dry), while others make me cough. I find this even within a given batch, almost from bud to bud.

As temps go up, though, I almost always take a more conservative pull. Still strong, for me, and the benefit (in my opinion) of more complete release of goodies.

Eatrocks

Was on the s&b website, anyone see they have liquid pads specifically for the dosing capsules? They list them as 13x6 mm. Anyone know if they are just the standard pads for the mighty?? They have a diff product number....but the crafty/mighty have diff product numbers for the liquid pads when they are the same thing.

Eatrocks,
Reactions: mrjunkie

queefermadness

First off my mighty has been a work horse. It has outlasted three crafty's and then some. Still working flawless other than an occasional missing vibration. S and B customer service was flawless with all three crafty's after the third I decided to upgrade for reliability sake and I'm glad I did, love this unit.

My theory on why some of the tops of cracked is rather simple. People are overloading the chamber. This causes pressure where CU connects to the housing. When pressure is applied to plastic that is at a high temperature, more times than not it will eventually fail. If you use the oil pad with herb you especially need to be careful, as this leaves very little space for herb.

Anyway, I love my Mighty. ✌️

vapviking

Old & In the Way
First off my mighty has been a work horse. It has outlasted three crafty's and then some. Still working flawless other than an occasional missing vibration. S and B customer service was flawless with all three crafty's after the third I decided to upgrade for reliability sake and I'm glad I did, love this unit.

My theory on why some of the tops of cracked is rather simple. People are overloading the chamber. This causes pressure where CU connects to the housing. When pressure is applied to plastic that is at a high temperature, more times than not it will eventually fail. If you use the oil pad with herb you especially need to be careful, as this leaves very little space for herb.

My story is almost identical, having had three Crafty's now a 6+ month-old Mighty from upgrade that shows no signs of slowing down yet.

I also think your theory has merit, certainly describing a contributing factor in the breakage.

Eatrocks

I use the oil pad on top of small loads all day, it's pushed down flush with the outer rim. Sometimes when I open up the chamber the pad is stuck perfectly to the cu screen, prob makes more sense for me to take out cu screen and cram the pad in lol...but I like to get destroyed sometimes with a big bowl pack.

I love mighty too!!! She sleeps with me in bed:brow:....mainly cause I've been passing out at night very well ever since I got mighty. Sometimes I catch myself admiring mighty...its only been a few days but..you had me at the built in pick tool..

Eatrocks,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X

I think it just has to do with heavy usage and chain-vaping out of the mighty.

The plastic housing isn't made to endure the stress of multiple sessions in a row...

The overfilling definetly contributes though.
But i have had cracked housing and i wasnt overfilling it or using the liquid pad as a spacer

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I tend to overpack mine, but I've been stopping (err making an effort) that since I find it actually works and tastes better with a little less. It's never intentional, the overpack, just end up pushing too much weed down the loading tool chute and don't feel like scooping it out the Mighty at that point.

If anything it's just a few mm over the top of the bowl.

I never use the liquid pad as a spacer though or stick on top of loads.

HellsWindStaff,

Eatrocks

Just vaped a .05 load at 375F all the way. It got me flyin, barely any was touching the walls (where the conduction happens) but I still got thick clouds. I'm noticing how different 365F and 375F are...if i had the same .05 in my other vapes I'd have to set it at 400+F to get a decent hit and clouds. My sessions tend to be about three minutes or so in length, 7-10 sessions a day and I still have 2 bars of battery.

Eatrocks,
Reactions: macbill

biohacker

Has anyone purchased the Mighty "Medic" yet on this forum? Curious if there are any design differences or max temperature regulation before I pick one up for myself. I guess I should contact S&B!

Don't need one, but so tempting at $375CDN!

biohacker,
Top Bottom