The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

mars123

Hello !

I must already apologize for I will ask the newbiest question ever but.

I have a mighty and here what happens : when I vaporize weed, it's ok. Not much vapor though...I was expecting a bit more.

But when I vaporize :
- gree tea
- camomille
- eucalyptus

NO VAPOR AT ALL. Even if I turn temperature to the max, I get a burny taste, but still no vape. :tinfoil:

Is it because the herbs are TOO DRY ? as weed countains a bit more humidity, so it could make sense and it is the most logical explication I found.

What is wrong with me :hmm:

mars123,

MinnBobber

I heard some people are asked to pay 30$ for the upgrade while others are asked for 150$. Any ideas what the current cost is?
I went directly to buying the Mighty but follow the Crafty thread too.
The most common figure for upgrading to the Mighty seems to be $50

MinnBobber,

shaolinmilk

I am a cheap ass. When I smoked and vaped spending $300-$500 on a vape seemed crazy when you could get one that worked great for $175-$200. That's why I went with a Haze V3.0 on sale and an Underdog. Both around $175 and work VERY WELL!! So well that I was able to quit smoking about 5 moths ago completely with those 2 units! Well... Damn VaS and GaS are also a bitch now and dropping $2k this month on glass and vapes somehow seems reasonable? How did this madness happen? I was frugal just a few months ago I promise!! Now I am selling shit to buy a Mighty, Evo, and a bunch of new glass all in the same month. Haha, just waiting on some paypal funds and then I think I will join you guys in team Mighty. This purchase snuck up on me honestly as this vape wasn't even on my radar until recently with all the new upcoming stuff.

I do have a few questions, Most of the time I like to fully extract my herb. I mean I like that shit almost black when I am done and monster clouds that resemble smoke when I'm in the mood. I only buy A+ Primo weed so I do take some nice cool flavor hits too but when I really want effects I want the big clouds which usually results in dark ABV. The Haze and underdog do a great job at this, so well that I don't even need to save my ABV at some of my desired temps because there is nothing left.

With the combination of conduction and convection I figured this device would probably do a better job at a full extraction than almost any other portable but some say that's not the case. Is the Mighty capable of completely extracting everything out as good or better than conduction vapes like the Haze? Can you get a full, cough inducing, Choker when you want to with this thing? If you vape your ABV in a Evo or Log after is here anything left?
If you want to cough like you just took a 5 second draw from a fat blunt, nothing compares to the Mighty on this department from my experience. I myself like to cough when I vape because back when I combusted I would always cough through bongs, joints or blunts so this gives me a nostalgic feeling and fools my mind into thinking I'm getting higher. Go straight to 385F or 400F if you wanna get punched in the face right from the gecko.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Cool thanks for the lowdown :). I logged 195 hrs on the crafty within 10 months. I'm thinking I should try and see if they'll allow me to upgrade and I can use my haze for portability/stealth.

I heard some people are asked to pay 30$ for the upgrade while others are asked for 150$. Any ideas what the current cost is?
My "warranty exchange" (in Oct. 2015) as they called it, cost $60 US, which is the difference in the list price between the two.

vapviking,

brub

I went directly to buying the Mighty but follow the Crafty thread too.
The most common figure for upgrading to the Mighty seems to be $50
Thanks @MinnBobber!

@vapviking did they offer you the exchange or did you have to ask for it? I just mailed mine out last night. Should I ask for the exchange now or do I need to wait for them to receive it and then contact me before I ask? I just don't want them to send me a new crafty without giving me the option first. I don't want to have to send in another crafty in for warranty after another 190 hours of usage.

Last edited:
brub,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Go straight to 385F or 400F if you wanna get punched in the face right from the gecko.
I find that the mighty doesn't do as good a job above 370. The flavour drops off dramatically and ABV consistency gets a little uneven.

Also the saying is "right from the get go", not "right from the gecko". That is unless you are buying car insurance from geico

shaolinmilk

I find that the mighty doesn't do as good a job above 370. The flavour drops off dramatically and ABV consistency gets a little uneven.

Also the saying is "right from the get go", not "right from the gecko". That is unless you are buying car insurance from geico
I would have to disagree with you. From my experience with the Mighty, higher temp gives me a more darker and consistent colour from the AVB. It also extracts much faster and the herb tastes more potent to me. Lower temp makes the vapour much more smooth, however for me personally higher temp brings out the taste of my herb more and at the same time the session ends much faster.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Yes, and yes. And yes. :lol: From my experience the Mighty extracts everything. I cannot get any visible vapor from Mighty ABV, even in my Nano cranked to ten.

It will deliver hits of any size, from wispy to massive clouds. It requires no stirring, has nearly zero draw restriction, never burns or overcooks your weed, hence no burned popcorn taste, and no black or charred ABV. It's foolproof, tasty, airy, massive-buzz-delivering, and requires no work from loading to full extraction.

Perfect, right? :nod::rockon:

Haha, I had a feeling you would say that Mitch! You do own 2 of them for a reason I assume. I will be ordering mine from Puffitup this week I'm sure. I may miss the pre-loaded Haze cans but I can always carry both if I need to! and with the easy fill funnel thing car filling should be fine. It's the filling while hiking that I may still have to use the Haze for. Did a 8 mile hike Sunday and didn't have to stop to load the vape which was nice. Unfortunately I was so out of breath taking those long vape draws while hiking uphill, I had to stop anyway to get a good hit! :myday: Oh Well

so, Can someone link me the best place to get a cheap CU to make a muzzmod. Are the knockoff CU's fine to use for this? I will try the dome screen trick on mine as well. And I already ordered a few padded cases off of Ebay to see which will fit best.

Are there any other accessories you suggest for this vape? What whip from US plastics would fit the CU directly? 1/2" ID?

mrbonsai420,
Reactions: mitchgo61

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I would have to disagree with you. From my experience with the Mighty, higher temp gives me a more darker and consistent colour from the AVB. It also extracts much faster and the herb tastes more potent to me. Lower temp makes the vapour much more smooth, however for me personally higher temp brings out the taste of my herb more and at the same time the session ends much faster.
In comparison with my Herbalizer the Mighty kills the flavour at anything above 370. Where I would get nice tasting vapour at 390 from my herbie for the whole session, after two draws on the mighty it starts tasting like burnt popcorn. It's still producing vapour like crazy but the flavour is killed. So I use my mighty for low temp vaping any my herbie for high temp.

Last edited:
Winegums,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Haha, I had a feeling you would say that Mitch! You do own 2 of them for a reason I assume. I will be ordering mine from Puffitup this week I'm sure.

Yes, I can't live without a Mighty, so two is a must for me. (Knock wood, I've only had one problem, a bad power adaptor, after my first two months with my first Mighty. I didn't know it was the adaptor, so I sent PIU the whole shebang for warranty coverage, and in the 8 days I lived without a Mighty, I promised myself I'd buy a new one as soon as I could find a good deal. Shit, I'll buy a third if one of these two dies. I will not be without two Mightys!!! :lol:)

PIU is a great place to order. Randy's a great guy, great prices, and as I mentioned, he did warranty service for me. (And sent me some free extras when he shipped it back just to make my inconvenience a little less painful.)

You will not be disappointed! :nod:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Thanks @MinnBobber!

@vapviking did they offer you the exchange or did you have to ask for it? I just mailed mine out last night. Should I ask for the exchange now or do I need to wait for them to receive it and then contact me before I ask? I just don't want them to send me a new crafty without giving me the option first. I don't want to have to send in another crafty in for warranty after another 190 hours of usage.
I inquired about/requested it in the note enclosed with my return. The online RMA online form has since been added so the process is a little different now. I think you should email them with a request, if an exchange is what you'd like. S&B will reserve judgement until seeing your piece and determining whether the problem is covered by warranty, then let you know.
My second Crafty return was not covered by warranty and I paid the fee (at the time, $50 US) for battery replacement (they sent a new one...). It was that third Crafty that died young due to flashing lights, and on its return I asked yet again for the Mighty, this time I was allowed to pay the $60 for Mighty. And I'll answer one of the next questions in advance: All 3 Crafty's and now Mighty have been covered under the same, original warranty term, nothing's been extended.

vapviking,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Hello !

I must already apologize for I will ask the newbiest question ever but.

I have a mighty and here what happens : when I vaporize weed, it's ok. Not much vapor though...I was expecting a bit more.

But when I vaporize :
- gree tea
- camomille
- eucalyptus

NO VAPOR AT ALL. Even if I turn temperature to the max, I get a burny taste, but still no vape. :tinfoil:

Is it because the herbs are TOO DRY ? as weed countains a bit more humidity, so it could make sense and it is the most logical explication I found.

What is wrong with me :hmm:

Most herbs produce less vapor than cannabis. You want to use high quality herbs when vaporizing.

stickstones,

brub

My "warranty exchange" (in Oct. 2015) as they called it, cost $60 US, which is the difference in the list price between the two.[/QU
I inquired about/requested it in the note enclosed with my return. The online RMA online form has since been added so the process is a little different now. I think you should email them with a request, if an exchange is what you'd like. S&B will reserve judgement until seeing your piece and determining whether the problem is covered by warranty, then let you know.
My second Crafty return was not covered by warranty and I paid the fee (at the time, $50 US) for battery replacement (they sent a new one...). It was that third Crafty that died young due to flashing lights, and on its return I asked yet again for the Mighty, this time I was allowed to pay the $60 for Mighty. And I'll answer one of the next questions in advance: All 3 Crafty's and now Mighty have been covered under the same, original warranty term, nothing's been extended.
Thanks dude. I think I'll wait to see what the problem is and then prod them for an upgrade. I didnt have the flashing light problem, the device would just turn off after reaching the set temp. I'd turn it on again and 2 seconds later it would be off. I havent seen/heard of anyone else getting this. Most seem to get the flashing lights. I'm sure they will allow me to upgrade since I'm a heavy user and the crafty cannot keep up with me it seems; I had just under 200 hours on it after 10 months of usage.

brub,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Thanks dude. I think I'll wait to see what the problem is and then prod them for an upgrade. I didnt have the flashing light problem, the device would just turn off after reaching the set temp. I'd turn it on again and 2 seconds later it would be off. I havent seen/heard of anyone else getting this. Most seem to get the flashing lights. I'm sure they will allow me to upgrade since I'm a heavy user and the crafty cannot keep up with me it seems; I had just under 200 hours on it after 10 months of usage.
I don't know of this specific problem either.
S&B is not big on communication. IF this is covered by warranty, you won't hear about what the problem is, you'll most likely get an email saying that they've sent you a package.
At 180 to 200 hours on the battery, now I'm thinking I agree with @Hawk that you may be asked to pay for battery 'service', something like he encountered recently.
The Mighty has two batteries. If mine could last 20 months (double yours), I'd pay for peppy new ones, and be, uh, happy. But warranty will run out before that; I'm gonna get one of those tiny soldering irons!

Taz

Tester
Welcome.
No kayaking!
(a now-old inside joke here)
It may seem a daunting task, but there is a wealth of good information available in this thread.

Medium-to-fine grind; dry material; if less than full, put oil pad on top, or one of other top screen/dome screen options. The idea is so that material is not loosely swirling around in there. On the other hand, you don't want a tight pack, either.
Cleaning method and frequency may become more apparent based on your type of use. Lots of variations on ways to do that, too! Look fwd to harvest of some very interesting condensate (resin) from inside that cooling unit!
Enjoy!

Edit. If I cleaned my c/u after every 2-4 sessions, that would be several times/day. I find I can go about 5 to 7 days before it's noticeably harder to turn the mouthpiece, and literally feeling overall heavier and less 'hollow'. As I mentioned, many variations...

Wow had me worried with no..

Taz,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
so, Can someone link me the best place to get a cheap CU to make a muzzmod. Are the knockoff CU's fine to use for this? I will try the dome screen trick on mine as well. And I already ordered a few padded cases off of Ebay to see which will fit best.

Are there any other accessories you suggest for this vape? What whip from US plastics would fit the CU directly? 1/2" ID?
Tubing, silicone medical grade and heat resistant. I use 5/16"i.d, 7/16" o.d. because that fits everywhere in my water setup, including slipping snugly over Mighty's mouthpiece. Seems like 3/8"i.d. would probably work, too. Sorry I don't have link for you, I purchased on Amazon and was somewhat dismayed that the 25' piece arrived in an unsealed bag. So I don't want to reccomend that place...

I would not trust the materials of a knockoff c/u, given the heat involved. There's not too much variation in pricing on the authentic ones as it is. The c/u for Crafty is less expensive and will also yield the part you want for Muzzmod.

Very good accessory is @Ratchett 's little stand to hold Mighty upright. (Delta3dstudios . Hey @Ratchett can you add a second little scoop-out so it becomes reversible?) Smart and inexpensive. I got mine in 'glow in the dark'! He also has a couple of SonG adapters that work with Mighty.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Just Pulled the Trigger, Mighty on the way. Not sure why I thought I needed one all of the sudden but oh well. VaS is a bitch. So is GaS, check out my new rig!!

76D26EED-1666-45E1-BFA7-23828C31D5CC.jpg

Spocks_Katra

@mrbonsai420 you will not regret it! I was similarly in doubt about a month ago

just wanted to drop in and say how much I am enjoying the mighty. I have a heavy tolderance and this hits like a freight drain .

How many sessions do y'all get out of your mighty. I was getting about 6 sessions before hitting 2 bars and recharging. Now im vaping at 192 and im down to 3 bars after 4 sessions. does this sound about right? How low do you let your battery get before recharging?

Last edited:
Spocks_Katra,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
@mrbonsai420
How many sessions do y'all get out of your mighty. I was getting about 6 sessions before hitting 2 bars and recharging. Now im vaping at 192 and im down to 3 bars after 4 sessions. does this sound about right? How low do you let your battery get before recharging?

I haven't done an official count but I get about 6-7 fully vaped bowls by the time I'm at one bar. I usually charge at two or three bars, it's what Li-ion batteries prefer, and charging them when they are partially charged does not create "battery memory" like the old rechargeables. I'm happy with my Mighty's battery life.

Last edited:
Winegums,

Green Kiwi

@Spocks_Katra , good to hear you love your Mighty too!
I try to charge it consistently at 2 bar left.sometimes though you have a bud that seems going forever and then i sometimes end up on 1 bar left. i charge it till 5 bars and the 6th just starting.
I'm amazed at how long those batteries are holding up now,7 months of extreme usage:freak::science::wave:.
Good luck with your pain relief (i know it's extremely good for that...:nod:).

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
My Mighty should be here tonight depending on Puffitup's shipping method! I wore my damn Haze out this weekend, just in case he gets put on the shelf for a minute. That would be quite a shame because the Haze is really awesome and mine is practically new... But VaS is a bitch and I have a feeling the
Mighty will have a leg up on the Haze in terms of performance.Looking forward to running my new little PWTA off of it, really liking the haze like this! This is a cheap knock-off I got for $13 and the nectar collector tip goes right into the silicone whip to use as an adapter ;)

6D8E9E1D-82D5-4F2E-8927-26ED0054A7A8.jpg

Maitri

Deadhead, Low-Temp Dabber, Mahayana Buddhist
Try using a salt spoon to help with filling. You can find them at your local antique/vintage store or on eBay. It should cost you around $10-$15. Makes life easy and neat.
Wow, thank you! A salt spoon is a wonderful idea! I have been using a 1/8 tea spoon, which works, but a salt spoon will be better.

And BTW, Three heaping 1/8 tsp's makes for a perfectly (tamped down) loaded Mighty bowl. :)

Maitri,
Reactions: Mr. Me2
Top Bottom