The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Mr. Me2

Thanks fourth, I really hope so :)
I'm quite new to vaping and have only tried the Arizer Air so far, which I purchased almost 2 weeks ago.
I like the effects from the AA, but not so much the draw restriction and the throat irritation so I'm hoping the Mighty will be better for that.
2 vapes in 2 weeks. Nice! You should get on the grasshopper bandwagon too!!!

Mr. Me2,

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
LoL, believe me, I've looked at that one as well :D
Love the super fast heating feature and the portable form factor of the Grasshopper.
I like the look of the titanium version, but think I might wait for any teething problems to be resolved and also until there's a UK distributor as I'm sure I'd be hit with customs charges etc. too :(

So many vapes and not enough bud, time or money lol

Pyr0,

Mr. Me2

LoL, believe me, I've looked at that one as well :D
Love the super fast heating feature and the portable form factor of the Grasshopper.
I like the look of the titanium version, but think I might wait for any teething problems to be resolved and also until there's a UK distributor as I'm sure I'd be hit with customs charges etc. too :(

So many vapes and not enough bud, time or money lol
I hope they solve that problem for you!

Doesn't sound like you need it, but if you want to build a collection, you may want to consider the pax 2 also. Another fun toy! But you may have the same distributor issues...

Mr. Me2,

bigmouth

Do you put a screen over your herb in the chamber? First time I have seen that.

Does it cut down on herb getting into the cooling unit better than the screen on the unit?
I always use a screen on top to tamp down the herb. Particularly on half loads, I find this greatly increases the density and flavor of the vapor. It also keeps things cleaner.

I cut the screen halfway across to make it easier to take out when I'm done.

mmafighterthe25

Yes mighty is amazing vape. Thing has me only using it. Other day I hit the mighty and crafty same time wow. Haha I don't even use my herbalizer barely now or minivap. Mighty is king

mmafighterthe25,
Reactions: shredder

esoh

My Mighty of 3 weeks is no longer taking a charge, it's going to be a sad 3 days until S&B sends me a new one, and an even sadder month if it turns out to be the unit itself and not the charging cord that has the issue :(

edit: definitely the cord itself, after much finageling to try to get a bit of charge out of it, the cord completely ripped off. i'm hoping USPS is quick with my new charger! USPS sent me an email already saying S&B had shipped it off, but when I click on the tracking number it says it cannot be found :hmm:

Last edited:
esoh,

Stinky

My Mighty of 3 weeks is no longer taking a charge, it's going to be a sad 3 days until S&B sends me a new one, and an even sadder month if it turns out to be the unit itself and not the charging cord that has the issue :(

edit: definitely the cord itself, after much finageling to try to get a bit of charge out of it, the cord completely ripped off. i'm hoping USPS is quick with my new charger! USPS sent me an email already saying S&B had shipped it off, but when I click on the tracking number it says it cannot be found :hmm:

S&B changed their power chargers to a new smaller device that hopefully doesn't break as easy. I bought a extra back up charger and car charger just in case as the old ones are so flimsy.

Stinky,

pdx3325

S&B changed their power chargers to a new smaller device that hopefully doesn't break as easy. I bought a extra back up charger and car charger just in case as the old ones are so flimsy.

Boy, I am going back and forth on S&B's expertise. I started being super-impressed with their engineering, and now I am seriously questioning their engineering (fins) and QC/sourcing (cords, batteries, etc.).

All with a Mighty on the way from Puff It Up. . .

I still believe it's the best thing going - and I will at least give S&B credit that they stand behind their product. Then again, at those prices they are making sufficient margin to do it.

pdx3325,

PureVain

Boy, I am going back and forth on S&B's expertise. I started being super-impressed with their engineering, and now I am seriously questioning their engineering (fins) and QC/sourcing (cords, batteries, etc.).

All with a Mighty on the way from Puff It Up. . .

I still believe it's the best thing going - and I will at least give S&B credit that they stand behind their product. Then again, at those prices they are making sufficient margin to do it.

I'm in the same exact same boat, just ordered from puffitup this morning. I feel the the newer units should be just fine as long as u baby it. A few people Ive read saying they had theirs with a SN in the 100s and it had been working just dandy, the post was 3 month old though and he hadnt posted other wise later. /plus with the reinforced fins and the updated software, battery, and charger will be a big improvement.

PureVain,

pdx3325

I'm in the same exact same boat, just ordered from puffitup this morning. I feel the the newer units should be just fine as long as u baby it. A few people Ive read saying they had theirs with a SN in the 100s and it had been working just dandy, the post was 3 month old though and he hadnt posted other wise later. /plus with the reinforced fins and the updated software, battery, and charger will be a big improvement.

I didn't even mention the inability to upgrade the firmware without sending it back. My iPhone has spoiled me.

pdx3325,

PureVain

I didn't even mention the inability to upgrade the firmware without sending it back. My iPhone has spoiled me.

HAhaha! yea that would be an awesome feature, but I don't know any vape that can have its firmware updated without sending it back.

PureVain,

mixchu69

I have a 1700 serial number and have absolutely no problems. Even the housing unit is intact, but I never remove when hot.

mixchu69,

justcametomind

Would be nice but you cannot upgrade firmware on a Crafty yourself. :(
Someone did a disassembling video and it showed up that technically it is capableof USB connection on the internarls (adding some tidbits). It came out yesterday but I'm too vaped to link.

justcametomind,
Reactions: bigmouth

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
wow, just wow.

Got home from work, swapped the upper screen for a fine one and packed a bowl..

I really have to be careful how much I draw on this one.
The vapour is much smoother and cooler than my Arizer Air.
The first pull I took was quite big because I didn't think I was getting any vapour yet.
I exhaled a huge cloud and proceeded to have a coughing fit.
I'm now taking a break for a minute while I catch my breath.:rofl:

[edit]
After finishing off at 200C and getting no more vapour, the AVB is very evenly browned too, with no charring whatsoever which is another plus over the AA :)

I think I've used approximately 2x the amount I was using in the AA, but I was having to hit the AA multiple times to get where I am now from a single bowl on the Mighty.
I hope that made sense as I'm a little fuzzy headed now :D

Last edited:

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
wow, just wow.

Got home from work, swapped the upper screen for a fine one and packed a bowl..

I really have to be careful how much I draw on this one.
The vapour is much smoother and cooler than my Arizer Air.
The first pull I took was quite big because I didn't think I was getting any vapour yet.
I exhaled a huge cloud and proceeded to have a coughing fit.
I'm now taking a break for a minute while I catch my breath.:rofl:

[edit]
After finishing off at 200C and getting no more vapour, the AVB is very evenly browned too, with no charring whatsoever which is another plus over the AA :)
Sounds like a pretty great experience!

Now, imagine that replicated every time you use the device. That's why so many of us love the Mighty :love:

Toodles

Poster from the UK here. Ordered Mighty on Sunday night after trying a friends. Got home from work today to see the package waiting for me on the table. Immediately I'm concerned. I've seen the box Mighty comes in and this package isn't anywhere near the size it should be. I unwrap it only to discover...... a pax. They've sent me a pax. Unbelievable.

Mr. Me2

Poster from the UK here. Ordered Mighty on Sunday night after trying a friends. Got home from work today to see the package waiting for me on the table. Immediately I'm concerned. I've seen the box Mighty comes in and this package isn't anywhere near the size it should be. I unwrap it only to discover...... a pax. They've sent me a pax. Unbelievable.
If it's a pax 2, try and get them to let you keep it (for free) AND send you the Mighty. You'll have fun with the pax until the Mighty arrives...

Mr. Me2,

Mr. Me2

Hey there fc memebers,
Fairly new (been lurking since halfway through first gh thread) and wondering if anyone could help me out between a recent choice.
I recently quit smoking cigs thanks to e cigs and am now trying to quit combustion all together. I pre ordered a gh to help, but it's looking like may be a little before get that, so looking for another vape to help till then (plus probably be good to have a session vape and a on the go style vape). So I've come to the choice between the mighty or the arizer air plus either the lotus or e-nano (though would have to wait till next payday to get air plus the enano).
I've read up a lot on each as still having trouble making a choice. Seems like the mighty is more when wanting to finish a session quickly and the air is more taking your time to chill and vape. Both of which I enjoy but not sure which I would like better as can see time were either could be a good thing. Anyway if anyone has some advice to help the decision it be great.
Little background.
Smoker for 11 years and pretty high tolerance with buds(two skimpy blunts about .7-.8 would get me a pretty alright high but nothing to brag about) I've had a flowermate 5.0s about a month, and say it's alright. It's harsh on my throat a lot of the time (the harshness is lessing as i use it more)and takes a lot of bud to start to get to were I want to be.
so basically from most to least important in what looking for is

firstly •effects. Personally I dont see a reason I'm not getting stoned, so yea a vape that give great effects for how much the bowl holds

second • throat irratation. This is big to me because I'm unable to get the full effects if I'm to busy hacking up a lung rather then vaping. From what reading think mighty take the edge here with its cooling unit

Third •portability. Don't really need to be discreet as usually when smoke out and about its in my car or woods (though guess can't hurt) but would rather something I can take a long with me in the car or on trip why not really looking at desktops. Wear a back pack most of the time so this isn't really a big issue. This not sure as mightys bigger but don't have to worry about glass and vice versa with the air. The lotus be good to take in woods but don't think be able to use in the car....

Fourth •taste. Taste isn't too important but hey always a plus
This I hear both do well but mighty holds flavor longer through session
And •ease of use (including cleaning) from which I gathered from reading the air takes it there.

Anyway im mainly looking for a good vape that delivers a strong high. Was leaning toward the mighty, due to faster delivery, thinking should feel bit more, but once started to read up on the lotus figured that could contend with the mighty in terms of the high and the air would work for that blunt smoking feel. So yea any input that could help me toward one end or the other be greatly appreciated. You all seem super friendly and chill, which is rare to find on most forums, and way more knowledgeable about all this then me. Thank you all already for all the great info you've been posting. Helps so sooooooooooo much when comes to looking for a vape
Welcome hackslasher! Although I'm quick to reply, I don't think I can help much with the options you list, but thought I'd add a little confusion. Have you considered the pax2. I think that one hits all your points and has great battery life. It's very portable and is just a great design. I'm looking forward to others with experience on your listed vapes weighing in.

Btw, I have a Crafty, not a Migthty, and I love it. I actually prefer it to the pax 2, but it has poor battery life and I don't think it's as durable. So I think it's better for home, and the pax 2 better for on the go (until the gh arrives!).

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
I just want to give some major props to S&B and their customer service.

A little over a month ago, my parent's house was flooded with 9' of water (the Blanco River Memorial Day flooding that happened in Texas). Everything in the house was ruined, including a Volcano and two Mighties.

Luckily, we were able to find them in the house, and they didn't get washed down river. We tried drying them out, even taking the Mighties to a special Dry Box Rescue thing for phones. Didn't work though.

My parents mailed off the units to S&B to see if there was any way they could repair them.

S&B called my mom yesterday, and said that the units were unrepairable. However, they were shipping out refurbished units back to them, all at no charge.

They obviously didn't have to do anything, the warranty doesn't cover a flood/water damage (they were upfront with what happened, didn't try and hide anything).

But my parents are VERY thankful that S&B are being so generous with their offer to send refurb units for free. Makes dealing with everything else that was lost just a little bit easier.

Top Bottom