The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Pretty tempted to grab one of these and end my combustion habits when away from my nano. I am curious about this fluctuating temperature thing though, does anyone know if this is a widespread problem and how this affects the auto shutoff feature or battery life?
I've confirmed my local does have new stock with the 2 min shutoff but I think it's the newer models that might be experiencing the fluctuations..
seems to have zero effect on actual vapor production (I've had two).

Bravesst,

BioSector

Repair update! Sent it off last Tuesday and between Canada Day and the 4th of July they didn't get it until the 7th. I emailed them after I got notice of delivery to give them my cell phone number to call me for payment details on the accessories I wanted to order. They called me the next day (8th) to collect said details and inform me the housing had been replaced (sent it in for cracks and chips off the top, want the new enforced one) and firmware updated. I'd be fine if that is all they did but I assume they'll be shipping a new box like most people have seen.

It went out yesterday via FedEx ground and will be in Canada on the 15th.

<----- One very happy customer.

bigmouth

Pretty tempted to grab one of these and end my combustion habits when away from my nano. I am curious about this fluctuating temperature thing though, does anyone know if this is a widespread problem and how this affects the auto shutoff feature or battery life?
I've confirmed my local does have new stock with the 2 min shutoff but I think it's the newer models that might be experiencing the fluctuations..
If that's your concern, I say go for it. I have the latest Mighty and an older Crafty. Both seem to behave exactly the same in terms of minor temperature fluctuation. It has no discernible effect on the auto-shutoff or battery life, and both deliver vapor on par with, or superior to, anything else I've tried.

subway13029

The temp just goes a few degrees above what you set it at.. (well that's what the lcd screen says) and when you Hit it the temp doesn't seem to go down as much in fact if I set mine to 350 and it heats up to like 354..when I hit it, it usually goes down. To like 350..so I think k that is why it goes a little above set temp..I think they trying to maintain a accurate temp..ah who knows..but it hits like a freight train..

Combustion buddies always hit you with that Looney Toon Wile E. Coyote "HELP" LOOk
preview-65-487.jpg

after hitting the MIGHTY like the run of the mill, less than impressive vaporizers they're used to trying. Freight Train indeed!!

Last edited:

jimbob

seems to have zero effect on actual vapor production (I've had two).
Yeah I wouldn't have thought so.

The temp just goes a few degrees above what you set it at.. (well that's what the lcd screen says) and when you Hit it the temp doesn't seem to go down as much in fact if I set mine to 350 and it heats up to like 354..when I hit it, it usually goes down. To like 350..so I think k that is why it goes a little above set temp..I think they trying to maintain a accurate temp..ah who knows..but it hits like a freight train..
That's exactly the reason I thought auto shutoff might be affected. I gathered if you set it at 350, you would need to draw until you reach 345 to reset the auto shutoff. It's probably not really an issue though, just hit the power button and keep on keeping on.

jimbob,

radiant34

Repair update! Sent it off last Tuesday and between Canada Day and the 4th of July they didn't get it until the 7th. I emailed them after I got notice of delivery to give them my cell phone number to call me for payment details on the accessories I wanted to order. They called me the next day (8th) to collect said details and inform me the housing had been replaced (sent it in for cracks and chips off the top, want the new enforced one) and firmware updated. I'd be fine if that is all they did but I assume they'll be shipping a new box like most people have seen.

It went out yesterday via FedEx ground and will be in Canada on the 15th.

<----- One very happy customer.
Can someone explain cracked housing to me. My fins are cracked like everyone else but I don't think that's enough to warranty a new mighty

radiant34,

BioSector

Can someone explain cracked housing to me. My fins are cracked like everyone else but I don't think that's enough to warranty a new mighty

There have been pics posted I'm sure but the plastic above the bowl will chip and break in some cases. Hadn't impacted use for me but I was going to be out of town a few days anyway so it made sense to send it in.

Stinky

Storz and Bickel told me that the problem with the fins is purely aesthetic but that they would be willing to replace a unit for those problems if a customer requested to do so.

Stinky,
Reactions: vapeppau

uhranium

lol. stupid S&Bers. The top fins are directly connected to the latch of the heating chamber.

RCFLjmK.jpg

On this pic you can see the start of the cracking. The left side which is still intact, is connected to the fin. If one breaks, the other will follow.

yPYHHvA.jpg

Here's another one. You can clearly see how it all is connected.

Last edited:

MGG

Do you put a screen over your herb in the chamber? First time I have seen that.

Does it cut down on herb getting into the cooling unit better than the screen on the unit?

probably helps compress the herb and cook better.

uhranium

It's not my photo, just gathered it in this thread. I only did the screen on top when I'm was vaping super fine ABV, but lately I just put a fine screen underneath the coarse screen from the cooling unit.

uhranium,
Reactions: pdx3325

radiant34

lol. stupid S&Bers. The top fins are directly connected to the latch of the heating chamber.

RCFLjmK.jpg

On this pic you can see the start of the cracking. The left side which is still intact, is connected to the fin. If one breaks, the other will follow.

yPYHHvA.jpg

Here's another one. You can clearly see how it all is connected.
Is this what cracked housing looks like?

@BioSector the plastic by the bowl you mean the fins? They let you warrantee it? Tell me if you get the new casing hehe

Last edited:
radiant34,

BioSector

Is this what cracked housing looks like?

@BioSector the plastic by the bowl you mean the fins? They let you warrantee it? Tell me if you get the new casing hehe

Yes this picture shows what I sent mine in for and it (my damage) was less extreme.

I'll confirm what I get Wednesday or Thursday.

Edit: realized it wasn't clear if my Mighty was in better or worse condition than the pictures (mine was better)

Last edited:
BioSector,

radiant34

Yes this picture shows what I sent mine in for and it (my damage) was less extreme.

I'll confirm what I get Wednesday or Thursday.

Edit: realized it wasn't clear if my Mighty was in better or worse condition than the pictures (mine was better)

yea that mighty shown before seems like it was through hell and back! hope you get the new casing model! maybe i'll send mine in aswell!

radiant34,

uhranium

That's nothing. I should have made a photo of my old unit before giving it back to the store.

So, brought the mighty to a bar night in a students dorm. Since it was non-smokers, we went to the men's room where conveniently two benches were placed in the entry. I got the thing out, surrounded by 5 guys who all tried it.

I had 0.5g with me. I wanted to finish it so we we're just doing one long session. By time, 3 of the guys left and whenever someone visited the bathroom, they got introduced to the vape, which got them to spend another 30 minutes in there. By time even two non-smoker girls were sitting in the bathroom.

Funny story, the one told me she never smokes and when she hit the Mighty, she was like "Woah I didn't need to cough, give me another one!"-.
The other one told me "Don't give it to me! I am bad luck! Last time I sat here, someone offered me a joint and just as I took it into my hand, without drawing, the police was standing in the door." - Luckily nothing like that happend and they both vaped happily.

When there was no weed left I showed em how to live-reclaim and we did the next session. After that a guy sponsored another 0.1g and in the end I managed to do a 90-120minute session on max 0.6g, drawing the entire battery and getting at least 5 people red-eye stoned and 4 others relaxing high.

So basically, any person spend about 66cent for the whole session. Sick run.

Last edited by a moderator:

uhranium

yes thats correct, it works while charging, just needs to be charged for +/-15 min. then you can use it on the cable..

That's not even true. You can put the mighty on cord with zero battery left and get to max temperature in less than 3 minutes.

uhranium,
Reactions: Jherst

fourth

My mighty arrived this morning, along with a few JyARz, a Pelican 1200 case and a some other bits and pieces. As it is the start of the work week, I figured that I'd just do one bowl of Super Lemon OG. So I turned the Mighty up to 210C to do an initial burn off. Then I loaded the bowl, neglected to turn the Mighty down and had a few very huge hits. When the bowl was done, I figured that I'd pack just one more and start at a much lower temp.

150C ... ... ... 155C ... ... ... 160C ... ... ... 165C ... ... ... 170C ... ... 180C ... ... 190C ... 210C.

So now I'm done. This thing is incredible. Have locked it away until tonight as otherwise I'll get nothing done.

vapeppau

Do you put a screen over your herb in the chamber? First time I have seen that.

Does it cut down on herb getting into the cooling unit better than the screen on the unit?
I highly recommend the screen on top of the herb in the bowl. It prevents dry avb particles from clogging the screen on the cooling unit. I only clean my might roughly a month this way.

fourth

Well, I am seriously impressed with the Mighty. This thing is really brilliant.

Tonight I'm having a bowl of Mango with a drop of RSO. I half filled the bowl with bud, then dropped the loaded liquid pad on top. I am getting incredible hits at 190C.

I was a bit concerned before purchasing about how the Mighty would go with spreading a bowl across a couple of sessions, but it seems to be fine. I've been having three of four big hits and then turning off the mighty and having another couple of hits to cool it down. When I turned it back on an hour later it tasted fine.

Anyway, I'm so happy I bought this thing.

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
After reading this whole thread (took the weekend lol) I couldn't resist ordering a Mighty from Vapefiend this morning.
I rang them before ordering and they assured me it would be the latest version with the new housing.
Can't wait to try it out tomorrow evening after work :)

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Thanks fourth, I really hope so :)
I'm quite new to vaping and have only tried the Arizer Air so far, which I purchased almost 2 weeks ago.
I like the effects from the AA, but not so much the draw restriction and the throat irritation so I'm hoping the Mighty will be better for that.

Pyr0,
Top Bottom