Trakteur

slickbutters : I do and stopped using batteries (except at movies) since then. Yes, it's that great.

Trakteur,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
@ Slickbutters. I find your post confusing. If you just go onto the Magic Flight website all your answers are there, including the amazing Lifetime Warranty and, in the shop, all of the available accessories check it out HERE.

Hope it helps :)

J.R.R.Tokin',
Yes! I'm super excited about the adapter. I don't know why I didn't think of getting it earlier. In preparation for receiving it in the mail I was curious if anyone has any tips on temperature settings. I saw a chart once for vaporization temperatures and how they effect the high so it'd be great to see something like that for the Launch Box!

@ J.R.R Tokin' Yep, you are totally right. My bad! I never noticed they had an online store since it's not one of the links on the top of the page. Haha, apparently I can't read. They do have a pretty amazing warranty. Has anyone tried the wood stem? I'm curious how it effects the taste and such.

P.S. Awesome username Tokin. Watching the animated hobbit was a must-do thing while high.

mod note: Please use 'edit' to avoid back to back posts. Posts merged.

Edit: thank you. I was unaware of that.

slickbutters,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
slickbutters said:
Yes! I'm super excited about the adapter. I don't know why I didn't think of getting it earlier. In preparation for receiving it in the mail I was curious if anyone has any tips on temperature settings. I saw a chart once for vaporization temperatures and how they effect the high so it'd be great to see something like that for the Launch Box!

Unless they've changed, your PA does not have any markings on its dial. Full power is way too high. I suggest this:

1. Crank the dial all the way in one direction, doesn't matter which.
2. Count the number of cogs that go by as you turn all the way to the other extreme.
3. Divide by two and count back that number of cogs. Mark this centrepoint somehow.

Start there. Move from your centre marking in one or two cog jumps and you'll find your sweet spot quickly. On my PA I estimate that centrepoint setting would reach about 220C but I have no idea if I'm right. All I know for sure is that it's too hot for me and the vapour resembles what I get when my Extreme reads 220C (another dubious source really).

I prefer low temperature vaping and I have backed off about 4 cogs from the midpoint. Since the PA setting is a maximum, the result is that if press the button and I don't inhale at all, I still will not come close to combusting. If I use gentle inhale techniques, depending on my draw strength I get vapour that is similar to vapour from 160C to 190C on my Extreme's readout. (Again, keep in mind that the Extreme isn't a reliable way to measure temperature.)

As for a temperature chart, I don't see how one could be applied to the LB because you really don't know what temperature you're getting. You can make general statements, such as hotter gives bigger clouds and a more indica type effect, while cooler gives thinner tastier vapour with effects that favour sativas. That's all I need to know, but I appreciate medical users are interested in better precision.

pakalolo,
Those are good things to keep in mind! I wonder if it's possible to use a laser thermometer aimed down the stem to get an accurate temperature reading, or some effect like that. The problem I can imagine with that method is that the light bulb might actually register at a different temperature since I'm not aiming to get the temperature of the glass of the bulb, but rather the vapor in the chamber. Maybe i'll do some research, or maybe i'll just enjoy it however it come out! haha.

slickbutters,

philmcan

Flying high
The bulb has nothing to do with heating, all it does is show electrical connection. Pretty sur I read that on a FYI.

philmcan,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
@philmcan. You are absolutely correct. The LED is only an idicator of the charge going through. The LED will fail eventually and not affect the MFLB performance.

J.R.R.Tokin',

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
J.R.R.Tokin' said:
@philmcan. You are absolutely correct. The LED is only an idicator of the charge going through. The LED will fail eventually and not affect the MFLB performance.

It will fail because it's a tiny incandescent bulb. You're right about it not affecting operation.

pakalolo,
Oh duh. I never thought about that. But now that I am thinking about it, it seems so obvious. So then i suppose a laser thermometer would work. If anyone tries this before I do, i'd love to see what your findings are.

slickbutters,

johnquach

i hate using this thing in groups my friends always combust, and my one friend says he never feels anything even after 2 trenches. do u guys think he's doing it wrong or does he just have that high of a tolerance?

johnquach,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
slickbutters: Imo measuring the LB temperature can be very difficult if not impossible for a regular person. The box uses both conduction and IR heating. Escpecially the IR is hardly measurable and needs some special device. I think that LB also takes care in its design how dynamicaly and uniformly will the heat distribute through herb.

Seek,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
STUPID USER MISTAKE!!!

I left a uncapped MFLB battery in my pocket a few times. Last night I went home, start taking stuff out of my pockets. I see smoke and smell something burning and hear a hissing/popping sound. My MFLB battery was exploding!!!

My heart pounded super fast. I threw the battery on the floor - it was HOT!!! It kept seeping and bubbling some black liquid onto the floor for another few minutes.

So now I only have 1 battery! :(

I have a pic if anyone is interested, but its not that interesting. I wish had had a video - it was scary fun.

So, what is the cheapest place to get the legit/good MFLB batteries?

sessnet,

NotPotRelated

MFLB Pro
sessnet said:
STUPID USER MISTAKE!!!

I left a uncapped MFLB battery in my pocket a few times. Last night I went home, start taking stuff out of my pockets. I see smoke and smell something burning and hear a hissing/popping sound. My MFLB was exploding!!!

My heart pounded super fast. I threw the battery on the floor - it was HOT!!! It kept seeping and bubbling some black liquid onto the floor for another few minutes.

So now I only have 1 battery! :(

I have a pic if anyone is interested, but its not that interesting. I wish had had a video - it was scary fun.

So, what is the cheapest place to get the legit/good MFLB batteries?

i know where your coming from. i kept all my batteries in a mug in my room and when i was doing work one day i gues the positive ends connected and you just saw a cloud of smoke appear.. VERY SCARY

NotPotRelated,

NotPotRelated

MFLB Pro
Lets say you are not a mmj patient, can you still send in your lb to magic flight in the mail with the resined screen?

NotPotRelated,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
sessnet: Battery short are scary. In the ancient days, when I had the vapir oxygen, it's battery pack shorted itself while beign in my backpack. When I opened it a huge cloud of smoke came out. There were 10 NiMH batteries connected serially so it was a big short. Anyway, your dead battery was just a battery. 5 bucks. There are many good batteries. MF batteries are Imedion, I now use Duracells and they're powerfull too (but a little thin). Powerex 2700 are also reputable here...

Seek,

OF

NotPotRelated said:
Lets say you are not a mmj patient, can you still send in your lb to magic flight in the mail with the resined screen?

I don't think the issue will ever come up. First off, as I understand it you're not always required to return the dud box. A photo of the obviously useless box (say screen pulled out) might do the deed. If you do have to send it back, clean it as best you can, wrap it well, box it up and mail it back without a return address. MF knows you by serial number. The address isn't needed to ship.

Looked at the other way, there is no registry of those of us with MMJ cards for 'them' to check. Even if they had this list, and details like your address and all, they still couldn't prove it was yours in the box if there were no fingerprints to go with all that effort. Knowing how easy it'd be for your lawyer to get the 'evidence' dismissed I bet they'd never even bring it up.....unless you gave them a reason, of course.

Or, if you're really bothered by potential illegal use (and you got a reasonable service life, that is it wore out) you might consider retirement and replacement? I think the 'box only' deal is under $80, a small cost relative to the cost of the herb used in it?

OF

OF,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
OF said:
NotPotRelated said:

I don't think the issue will ever come up. First off, as I understand it you're not always required to return the dud box. A photo of the obviously useless box (say screen pulled out) might do the deed. If you do have to send it back, clean it as best you can, wrap it well, box it up and mail it back without a return address. MF knows you by serial number. The address isn't needed to ship.

Looked at the other way, there is no registry of those of us with MMJ cards for 'them' to check. Even if they had this list, and details like your address and all, they still couldn't prove it was yours in the box if there were no fingerprints to go with all that effort. Knowing how easy it'd be for your lawyer to get the 'evidence' dismissed I bet they'd never even bring it up.....unless you gave them a reason, of course.

Or, if you're really bothered by potential illegal use (and you got a reasonable service life, that is it wore out) you might consider retirement and replacement? I think the 'box only' deal is under $80, a small cost relative to the cost of the herb used in it?

OF

Clean the screen with ISO...never been a problem before.

mvapes,

Cannanas

Hey guys !

I have received my new Launch Box. This is stay in my house only, no outdoor ^^

But i have buy the launch box only (i have already one battery and the charger) so i don't have the bucal tube. Its possible create a bucal tube, homemade ? Why, with what ? Its efficace than the real bucal tube ?

Because with no bocal tube, with the "indian" technique, i think its not much eficace than with the tube (because i'm a debutant with the LB).

I remind you i'm french, so excuse me for the mistakes. ;)

Cannanas,

OF

Cannanas said:
Yes i know it, but this forum is better than the french version, so i try of make me understand here.

If you're talking about the glass stem (mouthpiece), there's nothing special about it except the size. It's a standard US size, 1/4 inch OD. The first ones were plastic (acrylic), guys have used fast food soda straws even.

HTH

OF

OF,
Cannanas said:
Hey guys !

I have received my new Launch Box. This is stay in my house only, no outdoor ^^

But i have buy the launch box only (i have already one battery and the charger) so i don't have the bucal tube. Its possible create a bucal tube, homemade ? Why, with what ? Its efficace than the real bucal tube ?

Because with no bocal tube, with the "indian" technique, i think its not much eficace than with the tube (because i'm a debutant with the LB).

I remind you i'm french, so excuse me for the mistakes. ;)
WTF is a Bocal tube?? Are you talking about the stem?

VapeNStone,
Top Bottom