I got my LB about a week ago... first thoughts (joke): "2 trench learning curve my arse! Halfway through the second trench i'm too blowed to function, let alone figure out the best way to enjoy my new best friend!" :ko:

I'd have to recommend against Sour Diesel as a learning herb here, something less potent, if you're a complete newb like myself. ;)

On the other hand, I'm loving my LB... ty MF team!

grimsleepy,

OF

this_guy_griff said:
thanks vitolo and OF, much appreciated. cleaning them worked. my MFLB is ALIVEEEEEEEEE. but OF, i didn't doubt the box. it was a last resort for me to say the box was the issue:) this thing has been pretty well looked at even if not using it:)

to pakalolo: really? i had no idea:( i honesty just assume they were LSD. hopefully they last as long as they say: 1000 charges. also, they didn't have to be charged:) at least one of them didn't lol. base on the info i know, hsd will not last as long as lsd in terms of battery drain and battery life, correct?

Hey, great news! Thanks for passing the good word. You've gotten a mite behind the rest of us, best to put some serious time in on the little rascal and try to catch up?

Lifespan on the batteries is going to be less than a thousand cycles for sure. We abuse them a lot in the way we use them (very high discharge rates, they get hot inside, not good generally). I'd expect a few hundred times and the later ones will show lower run times (only four minutes or so to start anyway (less than half their 'label capacity'), more importantly the internal resistance of the battery (what limits the 'power' available for fast heats to working temperature) will be on the rise the whole time, the production rate will suffer. If you use the battery within a few days of charging the advantage is probably with hsd (having a higher capacity rating and lower internal resistance to start).

Don't discount the internal resistance. Every effort has been made to use batteries with this as low as possible, even so it limits performance (which is why the PA does so well.......), and given the .75 Volts actually delivered to the LB (not 1.25) shows us that for every Watt of power delivered to the LB to heat the trench, 2/3 of a Watt more is wasted heating the battery. We only get to use 60% of the power where we want it at best.

In general, 'heat costs energy to produce' so the fact the battery gets warm is an unfortunate fact of life.

Anyway, reload that trench and charge those batteries. Best to exercise the little rascal while you can, don't want it getting fat and spending all day on the couch watching TV.....right?

Keep the faith!

OF

Edit: Spelling correction

OF,

OF

grimsleepy said:
I got my LB about a week ago... first thoughts (joke): "2 trench learning curve my arse! Halfway through the second trench i'm too blowed to function, let alone figure out the best way to enjoy my new best friend!" :ko:

I'd have to recommend against Sour Diesel as a learning herb here, something less potent, if you're a complete newb like myself. ;)

On the other hand, I'm loving my LB... ty MF team!

What a wuss! Real men aren't scared of dank weed...... I would remind you of two of the great truths of life, 'the hardest part of learning to swim is getting out of the bag' and 'that which doesn't kill us outright makes us stronger in the end'. Words to live by.

I'd suggest you take notes, but that really didn't work for me. Part of the fun is fumbling around with it some I think. Lots of fun ritual associated. It is to some extent 'self teaching'.

Keep up the good work, you're an inspiration to the rest you know.

OF

OF,

sundaddy

Get the Energizers with the 15 min charger. I use 1 battery a day (around 20 hits) they're great. I also can't emphasize enough, the importance of getting yourself a Power Adapter, you'll reach uncharted territory.

sundaddy,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
sundaddy said:
Get the Energizers with the 15 min charger. I use 1 battery a day (around 20 hits) they're great. I also can't emphasize enough, the importance of getting yourself a Power Adapter, you'll reach uncharted territory.

If you are going to upgrade chargers, I would highly recommend The C-9000 w/ 4 2700's over the energizer 15min charger. Or just get the charger by itself if you like the LSD batts. Before I got my c9000 I had the energizer. Seemed the quick charging killed my batts after a few weeks. It's now in the trash. The different charging/discharging cycles that the c9000 has makes your batts run in tip top shape all the time!

You will find a huge lack of battery desire upon getting the PA tho :ko:

JDSupreme,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
this_guy_griff said:
thanks vitolo and OF, much appreciated. cleaning them worked. my MFLB is ALIVEEEEEEEEE. but OF, i didn't doubt the box. it was a last resort for me to say the box was the issue:) this thing has been pretty well looked at even if not using it:)

to pakalolo: really? i had no idea:( i honesty just assume they were LSD. hopefully they last as long as they say: 1000 charges. also, they didn't have to be charged:) at least one of them didn't lol. base on the info i know, hsd will not last as long as lsd in terms of battery drain and battery life, correct?

Any battery sold as pre-charged is LSD, and if it's not pre-charged it's HSD. If one of your batteries had some charge in it, you were lucky. HSD batteries are usually pretty depleted after a week or so, and most of them are flat before they are sold.

My 2700s really didn't last that long , and I use a Maha C-9000 charger and reconditioned them regularly. I think a large part of why they failed was that I let them discharge and then sit for a couple of months. Anyway, I switched to LSD batteries (Imedion 2400s) once I got the PA because now I only need batteries a couple of times a week.

pakalolo,

five0five

Just wanted to say thanks to the ppl at MFLB. I ordered some accessories for my LB and i received my stuff in 3 days. Thanks Elsa at MFLB for the call, the awesome customer service and the super fast shipping.

five0five,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
so mid-session while hitting my MFLB with the PA my house loses power. huge bummer. especially since whenever I lose power I usually get it back within 10 minutes...its been at least half an hour so now im starting to wonder how long this will last. thank god I just bought 4 new batteries two days ago and they're all fully charged up ;) +1 for MFLB being able to run off batteries and that my phone has internet for me to report this lol.

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Lucky escape there HES! I got my VG Coil for just such an emergency, except in my minds scenario I had used the batteries up on my MFLB and not recharged them.

J.R.R.Tokin',

nedvaper

A quick note on the superb service I received from Magic Flight (who now handles service - not Blissville)

I had a problem with the power adapter and a MFLB, and both were replaced promptly AT NO CHARGE even though it had been more than a year since I got the box.

In addition, there was a misunderstanding on the shipping carrier (I needed to use UPS), and after I asked why the charge was so high, they refunded nearly the entire amount.

I have had some problems with other vapes, and no other company comes close to MFLB when it comes to service. The box itself is a fantastic device, and the service is equally outstanding.

nedvaper,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
Hey guys, I've been lurking around FC for a while and finally decided to take the plunge and join! :brow:

Anyhow, I've been the proud owner of my LB for a little over a year, and I absolutely love it. Serves its purpose as a stealthy portable quite well, and has paid for itself many times over. Picked up a PA a while back also, what will they think of next?!

An issue came up recently with my LB, though. After a night of showing a couple friends what my newly power adapated LB could do, I noticed the next day the screen had developed tears in a couple spots by the edges of the trench. :( Currently they are "sealed" by buildup, but I feel as if the strength of the screen is compromised, and I'm afraid of making the rips bigger or completely ruining the screen. It still hits fairly decent, although I have a feeling it will get worse as I cannot completely clean my screen out with iso anymore (I have just been using my brush since this came up).

Even though I'm certain this could be classified as "operator error", how far does MagicFlight's replacement warranty go? And also, does MF only request pictures of the issue or would I have to send it in? The thought of mailing my well seasoned LB concerns me, and the thought of being without it for a while saddens me.

Peloton,

hellomyfrients

Peloton said:
Hey guys, I've been lurking around FC for a while and finally decided to take the plunge and join! :brow:

Anyhow, I've been the proud owner of my LB for a little over a year, and I absolutely love it. Serves its purpose as a stealthy portable quite well, and has paid for itself many times over. Picked up a PA a while back also, what will they think of next?!

An issue came up recently with my LB, though. After a night of showing a couple friends what my newly power adapated LB could do, I noticed the next day the screen had developed tears in a couple spots by the edges of the trench. :( Currently they are "sealed" by buildup, but I feel as if the strength of the screen is compromised, and I'm afraid of making the rips bigger or completely ruining the screen. It still hits fairly decent, although I have a feeling it will get worse as I cannot completely clean my screen out with iso anymore (I have just been using my brush since this came up).

Even though I'm certain this could be classified as "operator error", how far does MagicFlight's replacement warranty go? And also, does MF only request pictures of the issue or would I have to send it in? The thought of mailing my well seasoned LB concerns me, and the thought of being without it for a while saddens me.
MF covers this (and any other "operator error") under warranty. Contact support and keep on tokin'!

hellomyfrients,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
hellomyfrients said:
MF covers this (and any other "operator error") under warranty. Contact support and keep on tokin'!

Thanks for the quick response. I will do just that. :peace:

Peloton,

sfld

Just got my imedions in the mail from amazon. Should i charge these babys before i go vape a trench?

btw for people who have problem peeling, mine peeled clean with no problem, no goo gone needed

sfld,

lwien

Why is it that I cough like crazy while hardly seeing any exhaled vapor thru the LB but when I use my PD, I blow out huge clouds without even a hint of wanting to cough?

Coughing is a sign of lungs under distress, so I'm really curious as to why this is happening. One thing to mention. I am not getting anywhere near to combustion with the LB. As a matter of fact, I get closer to combustion temps when using the PD.

Kinda odd. Wonder what's going here. I think I've asked this before, but I don't think I got an answer.

lwien,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Ditto - I scare my girlfriend everytime I vape from the MFLB. She think I am choking, and I can't help it also. It's not even like I can control it, I really do sound like I am dying.

I ordered the WPA for the MFLB, and a bong. Then... eventually I'll get a new log so that I can vape in (more) comfort.

sessnet,

sfld

I use a volcano as my daily driver... and i dont cough as much as i do from the MFLB

i think it is because we are inhaling hot air? as far as i know hot air irritates the lungs.

i might be wrong....

sfld,

lwien

I don't think that I am inhaling any more hot air with the LB than I do with the PD.

lwien,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Use an empty PD stem with the LB (might be kinda tough holding them together) and see if makes a difference. Maybe the PD stem cools the vapor more than you think? :shrug:

I have the exact same problem with my LB, so it hardly ever gets any use these days.

:peace:

Stu,

DrSpottyBeard72

Just got my MFLB yesterday got to say i think its an amazing little thing, i will still continue to use my EQ as my main unit (through water) as its much easier on my idiotic Asthmatic lungs,but the portability of the MF is just amazing, took it to work today :D

DrSpottyBeard72,

scottio19

scotty
I don't feel that my LB is very harsh in native mode, maybe hot on the lips which takes a little bit of enjoyment out of the experience. but that goes away with the stem

Foster

Question-

I have had my magic flight for around 6 months, and there is a tear in the middle of the screen. My question is, will i receive a new model magic flight (ball clasp) or the one that i have now?

Obviously I am grateful for their customer service, so although i would prefer the new model, I am just thankful they have such awesome service, and dont have to buy a new one altogether.

Foster,
Top Bottom