sessnet

Noob Saibot
Vitolo said:
Top.. sony Cybershot camera case (best choice for me!...firs like a camera!)
middle "Bugz Rug" bag (puffitup)
bottom Vatra "Rocket" (3.99)

Nice! Looks like you are ready for anything :) I happen to have the EXACT SAME small blue pill capsule that I plan on using with my MFLB!

However I would like something that fits JUST the MFLB, snuggly if possible. The only thing I can think of offhand is those cheapo cloth sunglasses "sleeves" with a drawstring, which I would have to cut in half and resew.

I wish someone sold something that held the MFLB snuggly, sort of like a sock for it, but made out of leather or something just as nice. Possible market/opportunity for someone?

Edit: On second thought I think that camera case in the first photo is the best idea, it would look like I have a camera! However it would be nice if there was something custom-made for the MFLB. I still think it's a good opp for someone who makes that kind of stuff.

sessnet,

toadyfatz

sessnet said:
Vitolo said:

Nice! Looks like you are ready for anything :) I happen to have the EXACT SAME small blue pill capsule that I plan on using with my MFLB!

However I would like something that fits JUST the MFLB, snuggly if possible. The only thing I can think of offhand is those cheapo cloth sunglasses "sleeves" with a drawstring, which I would have to cut in half and resew.

I wish someone sold something that held the MFLB snuggly, sort of like a sock for it, but made out of leather or something just as nice. Possible market/opportunity for someone?

Edit: On second thought I think that camera case in the first photo is the best idea, it would look like I have a camera! However it would be nice if there was something custom-made for the MFLB. I still think it's a good opp for someone who makes that kind of stuff.

I found these guys the other day making vape cases. Might be a bit big for what you are looking for. A little steep on the price also. I just use a small case that was originally a small first aid kit with a zipper etc...It looks a lot like the blue case in Vitolos 3rd pic.... http://www.vapecase.com/index.php/v...e-fits-magic-flight-launch-box-vaporizer.html

toadyfatz,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The box comes with that black bag.. you can alter it...
muslin drawstring bags for hobby/crafts are a dime a dozen, and are all over the web!
Use the force! :lol:

Vitolo,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
That vape case looks fracking awesome - customized - reminds me of a gun case. I am really tempted to get that for storing at home.

I have another question.

Can the MFLB be trimmed down (wood cut in certain places) to either do the following:

1. Make the case even smaller/lighter
2. Round off the corners to still achieve #1 a little
3. Place finger grooves so it's a little more ergonomic

I would like to make it even smaller for the hell of it, I am wondering if there is any modifications I can do.

sessnet,

steven22

sessnet said:
Vitolo said:

hey, i posted my case solution a few months ago in this thread. you try it out as well , it is a case for a wireless laptop mouse from logitech. Vito's idea is great too, I think mine is a little more compact though

here it is
steven22 said:
speaking of my case,

I took pictures of what my MFLB setup looks like... been using it like this for a year. It is a pouch that came with a really old Logitech laptop mouse. just the right size to hold the box, stem, contact lens case, 2 batteries or a 3rd one in little pocket on the side. (originally intended for the USB dongle for the mouse)

pretty much, I can easily last 2 days in the field with this setup and LSD batteries. the contact case can hold about 2 trenches on each side, 3 if I stuff it. I leave the other side empty for ABV, unless I know Iwont be back home for a while, then I stuff both sides. :D

and I can shove the brush in there as well.... I just dont

here ya go

P1000172.jpg

P1000173.jpg

P1000174.jpg

P1000175.jpg

steven22,

steven22

know any place selling short stems?

a while ago, I bought a whip just so I can have the short stems on it. Now I have lost those stems and dont feel like spending 7$ again for another whip

steven22,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
sessnet said:
That vape case looks fracking awesome - customized - reminds me of a gun case. I am really tempted to get that for storing at home.

I have another question.

Can the MFLB be trimmed down (wood cut in certain places) to either do the following:

I would like to make it even smaller for the hell of it, I am wondering if there is any modifications I can do.

cutting into the MFLB? :o that almost sounds sinful in the world of MFLB to me. i couldn't even imagine cutting into mine :(

besides that, i don't think theres any places you can trim it down and i wouldn't suggest it. if you take your MFLB out and look at it, every square cm on it serves a purpose to its function. also if you want to trim down the wood to make it smaller, then you would also have to trim down the acrylic cover while also making sure it lines up with the changes made to the wood. making finger grooves is a possibility but seems like it'd be tough to do and might not be ergonomic for friends who might want to use it with you. but hey, its all up to you since its your MFLB in the end. post up the end results if you decide to do it though.

HighlyEducatedScholar,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I understand that it's an art piece in a way, and cutting the wood would desecrate it. Just wondering if anyone has done something to to make it even smaller/lighter.

I don't have the balls to start cutting willy/nilly into MINE myself, maybe I can find someone to sell/lend me their completely broken one so I can mess around ;)

sessnet,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
steven22 said:

a while ago, I bought a whip just so I can have the short stems on it. Now I have lost those stems and dont feel like spending 7$ again for another whip
I don't know, but I would buy long stems n cut 'em in half with a small hacksaw or even serrated knife, and then smooth the ends off with fine sandpaper.

WatTyler,

Vitolo

Vaporist
steven22 said:

go to BlissSville
Acrylic stems are $1... cut them by sawing with a steak knife... and then use pink soft emory board to smooth the cut!

Vitolo,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
sessnet said:

I have another question.

Just guessing, but I think you haven't actually held a Launch Box yet.

You can do almost anything you like to the LB (short of deliberate sabotage) and the warranty still applies. I'm with HighlyEducatedScholar though, you would be committing sacrilege. My LB weighs 33.5 g with a full trench. I'm not sure I could tell if you made it any lighter.

pakalolo,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
pakalolo said:
Just guessing, but I think you haven't actually held a Launch Box yet..

I am waiting for my MFLB, ordered on Thursday, and only a few states (MI > NJ) away. I don't think I've ever been more anxious. I am about to rip my hair out from the suspense. WHERE THE HELL IS IT ALREADY?? :mad:

My idea is that there is some spots of the box that have 'extra' wood. And if I could xray (or if someone has already cut into it) you'd be able to see that extra amount. I figure at least 25% is just extra wood that serves no purpose.

It may be a stupid idea to some - but smaller and lighter is always better when it comes to sneaking around portable stuff, right?

sessnet,
sessnet said:
pakalolo said:
Just guessing, but I think you haven't actually held a Launch Box yet..

I am waiting for my MFLB, ordered on Thursday, and only a few states (MI > NJ) away. I don't think I've ever been more anxious. I am about to rip my hair out from the suspense. WHERE THE HELL IS IT ALREADY?? :mad:

My idea is that there is some spots of the box that have 'extra' wood. And if I could xray (or if someone has already cut into it) you'd be able to see that extra amount. I figure at least 25% is just extra wood that serves no purpose.

It may be a stupid idea to some - but smaller and lighter is always better when it comes to sneaking around portable stuff, right?
I think you'll be fine with how the box was designed

VapeNStone,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
You guys are right. Just came back from a walk to the LHS and I actually held it and inspected it. Its so tiny! I still can't believe it. INCREDIBLY well made as well. I doubt shaving anything off of it would make any GOOD difference in shape, size or weight.

sessnet,
sessnet said:
You guys are right. Just came back from a walk to the LHS and I actually held it and inspected it. Its so tiny! I still can't believe it. INCREDIBLY well made as well. I doubt shaving anything off of it would make any GOOD difference in shape, size or weight.
exactly not to mention MF had probably already thought about all that but needed more material for say heat retention?

VapeNStone,

nomoke

Have had my MF for 1 year. I am wondering about vaping tobacco in it. Can anyone provide some insight. I currently vape nicotine juice with an ecig. Luv my MF!

nomoke,

ThirdGunman

toadyfatz said:
I found these guys the other day making vape cases. Might be a bit big for what you are looking for. A little steep on the price also. I just use a small case that was originally a small first aid kit with a zipper etc...It looks a lot like the blue case in Vitolos 3rd pic.... http://www.vapecase.com/index.php/v...e-fits-magic-flight-launch-box-vaporizer.html

I actually have owned this case for about a month now. I agree, if you purchase just the case it is a little pricey. However, if you need the whole launch box kit, then you can find the newest mflb, plus this case, for under $115 on amazon. The free shipping via fedex smartpost is pretty awful though so if you need it for the holidays I would avoid that service. It is probably a bit overkill for daily carry, but I purchased it to throw in my pack when I go out on my bicycle. So far it has proven to be as tough as it looks, and I even gave it the underwater test (placed dry paper towels inside case then held underwater for about a minute) and the towels came out dry, which I truly didn't expect because I have had similar pelican cases that have failed the same test before. Here's my setup, and a pelican i1015 for size comparison:
2w7pjyc.jpg

140f79j.jpg

ThirdGunman,

Skooz

Pre Stoned said:
I may just have to enter that contest...speaking of contests there is an exotic wood give away!
Check it out here and enter if you like! http://magic-flight.com/giveaway.php

Whaaaaaaat?! I had no idea this existed! That is absolutely amazing! I hope they start to sell them regularly soon! I would gladly buy another mflb if I could pick a different type of wood!

Thank you for letting me know about this!

Skooz,

MM..Food

vape enthusiast
Skooz said:
Pre Stoned said:
I may just have to enter that contest...speaking of contests there is an exotic wood give away!
Check it out here and enter if you like! http://magic-flight.com/giveaway.php

Whaaaaaaat?! I had no idea this existed! That is absolutely amazing! I hope they start to sell them regularly soon! I would gladly buy another mflb if I could pick a different type of wood!

Thank you for letting me know about this!

Hey if you check out page 589 you can see some other exotic wood mflbs that people own. Check them out! :)

MM..Food,

reemas

what kind of batteries are good? i had some powered 2600 or so and they seem to have died after about 8 months. is that normal?

looking for very reliable long term use batteries from experienced users.

reemas,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
8 months is pretty long battery life for a battery, that is hea vily used in the LB. I replace batteries every 5 months.

Seek,

toadyfatz

reemas said:
what kind of batteries are good? i had some powered 2600 or so and they seem to have died after about 8 months. is that normal?

looking for very reliable long term use batteries from experienced users.

Imo you can't beat the Imedion 2400's...Low Self Discharge and imo they work as good or better then the 2700's. 2700's just drained to quick for my use. Love my 2400's. This is what MF is shipping with the box. They have a pretty good deal at Thomas Dist. : http://www.thomasdistributing.com/-...le-BatteriesbrUltra-Low-Discharge_p_2252.html

toadyfatz,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Powerex AA240
2400 battery...
The stock battery that comes with the box.
The battery sold by BlissSville.
I post this about once a month... because folks do not go back and reqad...
I have tested over a dozen typesof battery.
2700 all the way down.
All are long gone and in the trash.
I have 3 Launch Boxes at home... and all get used daily.. and heavily.
out of ALL original batteries.. all a year old.. only ONE battery out of ONE PAIR has begun to have poor function, and only gives me one trench of service.
All 6 original batteries still work fine, except for the one that only works for one trench.(it is a spare... I replaced it... with an original from BlissSville)
If there were a battery that provided better service...
Magic Flight would already have it in the Kit! :cool:

Vitolo,
Top Bottom