WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Hi Chrispy, check my method here. Not the simplest, but it's the way I found. NYCDiesel also has a nice glass adaptor, but I think it was good fortune that it fits the LB as another example of the same connector didn't quite fit as a stem.

WatTyler,

Hansel

Well, my box just arrived from Amazon :) Has the click lock lid and serial number, so all good! Unfortunately I'm at work so can't try it out though :D

Hansel,

johnquach

do u guys ever clean the plexiglass screen? cause mines gettin dirty above the trench.. what/how do u guys clean it wit?

johnquach,

Wool435

Chrispy3 said:
I just received my MFLB from Puffitup.com and wanted to give them a little credit.

First, their customer service is top notch and they're an awesome company!

I got free priority shipping, received my box 3 days after ordering it. In addition to supporting an awesome retailer they also make it quite rewarding to purchase through them. I got a free pack of pipe cleaners, a free carrying case ( in addition to the one that comes with MFLB), free 4 piece grinder, 2 free batteries, a second glass stem, and a 1 foot extension tubing. They really make it known that customer satisfaction is their number 1 goal. I will not hesitate to purchase all my future vape products through them, and would gladly recommend them to everyone else.

I have not had a chance to use mine yet, as next week is finals week at my uni and being a mechanical engineering major I've been very busy studying. I'll be sure to post my review of it here though when I do.

Also, I was wondering if anyone would be able to recommend a good water adapter aside from the one offered by MFLB. I don't like the idea of having to hold the box up to it, and would prefer some sort of tubing that attaches to a water adaper. Would something like this http://silversurfervap.com/glass/wcfm/ground-glass-water-pipe-adapter.html coupled with some medical tubing found on amazon work well? I'm not sure what thickness of tubing I would need to purchase.
~~Chrispy3

My box is also coming in tomorrow courtesy of Puffitup. It feels like a Christmas Eve right now:D
Haven't hit a magic flight in months and the power adapter is coming in the next couple of days. Vapor genie has been great to me, but I've wanted my good old box back.

Anyways, I got a standard vapor hose adapter off of the aqualabtechnologie's site and it worked fine with my incognito and old launch box.

Wool435,

slain

Vapor Vision
johnquach said:
do u guys ever clean the plexiglass screen? cause mines gettin dirty above the trench.. what/how do u guys clean it wit?

Just a little iso on a tissue then wipe it off with water dampened tissue let try and enjoy..

slain,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
photokographer said:
BillieBudd said:
I remember someone (Vitolo?) recommending toothpaste to gently scour the plexi cover

He did :) and it works

Actually I was the one who first posted that cleaning tip (he said immodestly) when I added it to Vaporpedia:

10.9 The Plexiglas cover is starting to get grungy on the inside just over the trench, how can I clean it?

I learned this when I used to fly sailplanes with Plexiglas canopies. It does a terrific job of removing light scratches too.

I see how you got confused, though. Our names both end in "olo".

pakalolo,

Hansel

Well, gave it a crack last night and it certainly got me up there, no complaints in that department! I did end up with a fair few black bits, but I assume the reports of an early break in period are true as I'm sure I wasn't holding the battery in for as long as JDS does in his video yet it still combusted slightly.

Have the PA on its way so that'll cut out any combustion issues anyway if I haven't mastered things by then.

Amazing little device.

Hansel,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Hansel, one thing that can also give you little black pieces, and even combustion, is how fast/slow you draw. The LB's heat is driven by the hit speed as much as the battery. Slower hits will give you hotter hits.

momofthegoons,

johnquach

pakalolo said:
photokographer said:
BillieBudd said:
I remember someone (Vitolo?) recommending toothpaste to gently scour the plexi cover

He did :) and it works

Actually I was the one who first posted that cleaning tip (he said immodestly) when I added it to Vaporpedia:

10.9 The Plexiglas cover is starting to get grungy on the inside just over the trench, how can I clean it?

I learned this when I used to fly sailplanes with Plexiglas canopies. It does a terrific job of removing light scratches too.

I see how you got confused, though. Our names both end in "olo".

thanks! just cleaned it. i ordered my mflb off ebay and it came with 2 free 3000 (fake) batteries. im trying to charge them right now but the light keeps on blinking from red to green. r these batteries not usable?

johnquach,
Hansel said:
Well, gave it a crack last night and it certainly got me up there, no complaints in that department! I did end up with a fair few black bits, but I assume the reports of an early break in period are true as I'm sure I wasn't holding the battery in for as long as JDS does in his video yet it still combusted slightly.

Have the PA on its way so that'll cut out any combustion issues anyway if I haven't mastered things by then.

Amazing little device.

Mom is absolutely right about the draw speed. YOU are the variable thermostat of the MFLB depending on how quickly you inhale, with a faster drag cooling it down and a slow draw raising the temps.

Blackening and scorching is also reduced by having a properly fine grind. Like table salt fine. If you don't have a grinder that can produce this, then just leave tomorrow's vaping material out overnight and grind it in the morning. The dry pieces will crumble to the super fine particles the MFLB works best with.

charliedontsurf,

vaplexus

hey guys. so i am using the launch box power adaptor. i have to tell you its amazing. well at first it was a problem. but i investigated and fixed it. i can see where they had to work hard to get it to work and i think i have a better solution. but for now it works. maybe mine was just a fluke. anyway, its really great to be able to sit back and use it and not worry about batteries. of all the vapes i've used it does the best job of more complete extraction. not only that it looks really nice. funky and high class. i think its worth the money because it gives a different kind of vape experience, more like a sports car with a manual transmission - its capable of more performance at the cost of a learning curve and maybe some stinkiness and harshness. i do think it gets awfully close to combustion. well i know it will combust if you leave the battery in too long and dont inhale. so thats a bit of a challenge - knowing when to breath in more to cool it down. and with the power adaptor its like getting a whole new high performance engine - the adaptor has a control on it that goes from about 1/2 full battery to i guess you could say 1.5 batteries. that just a subjective judgement though. the issues are in the switch. they are relying on a mechanical connection for the high current and the parts used in my opinion are not up to the job. some simple modifications would fix that. ones i may do on mine. i already did some re-soldering which increased the no-load voltage output from 1.42V to 1.52V. i think its a good deal but then again i was able to fix mine which didn't work right from the moment i first tried it, tonight. but now thats its working ok i can see how awesome it is.

vaplexus,

dannite

Durden's Own
I can confirm everything said by vaplexus. The adaptor is heaven. To my feel it is 10-20% hotter than batteries, and super simple - no charging. I have a plug in in my car so I hardly have to use the batteries at all. Obviously if you have access to a plug, you would be better off with a stationary vape (Volcano?), but the plug adaptor lets you get a more stable stationary vape experiance on a mobile device.

dannite,

freaktown

spaced out
has anyone here used Rayovac Hybrid LSD batts like these click here in the MFLB?

4 pack is on sale btw for $5.99 + free shipping. :brow:

oh, if yes can these be charged in a standard energizer or cvs 12 hour charger or the 2 hour charger which came with the LB from puffitup.com (purchased apprx may 2010) last year?

thanks.

ps..tried searching for Rayovac and FC gave result for this thread but i don't know how to find it in a 500+ page thread. :/

freaktown,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The Rayovac Hybrid is a High Discharge battery rather than the recommended Low discharge.
Someone please correct me if I am wrong here.

Vitolo,

freaktown

spaced out
Vitolo said:
The Rayovac Hybrid is a High Discharge battery rather than the recommended Low discharge.

pretty sure they are Low Self Discharge as i had found them on a deal forum where they are obsessive about products that are posted there but yes adorama does not indicate hsd or lsd. :peace:

oh and i think they are LSD as many reviews have indicated that they held most of their charge after storing them for months and i think that non-LSD lose a good percentage of their charge after just a few weeks, not sure if this applies to HSD. :cool:

freaktown,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Vitolo said:

I don't think so. In a review of those batts, someone claimed that they are great for using in an emergency scanner that doesn't get a lot of use. This would lead me to believe they are LSD's since they appear to hold a charge for an extended period of time.

JDSupreme,

steven22

quick question,

I love the LB and I know of its limitations regarding group sessions, but does the power adapter help out?... or is it still not that great for group sessions? especially with novice users.

steven22,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
steven22 said:
quick question,

I love the LB and I know of its limitations regarding group sessions, but does the power adapter help out?... or is it still not that great for group sessions? especially with novice users.

Due to the size of the trench and the skill involved with hitting it properly, I would not recommend this for a group of "novice users". That sounds like a black screen spot waiting to happen :p

The adapter helps with novices in the way that you can turn the temp down significantly to prevent blackening.

JDSupreme,

Vitolo

Vaporist
JDSupreme said:
... in an emergency scanner that doesn't get a lot of use. This would lead me to believe they are LSD's since they appear to hold a charge for an extended period of time.
That makes sense.. especially as they are shipped charged.

Vitolo,

nZiFFLe

so i have another question about my mflb...

whenever i let my box fill with vapor, some leaks out of the hole at the back. this concerns me because on mflb wiki, it says this: "It is not connected to the vapor chamber so there is no possibility of losing vapor through it."

i still get cloudy, great tasting hits, and the vapor only leaks out through the back when i'm not drawing. so is this really a significant defect?

nZiFFLe,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
The vapor is creeping out of the mouthpiece and air intake if you don't draw too long. Or is windy.

"It is not connected to the vapor chamber so there is no possibility of losing vapor through it."
This is about the hole on the back, the air intake is next to it. That hole is not connected with the air intake and is there only for MF to be able to put the positive rod in.

Seek,

slowrolling

I'm thinking of picking up an MFLB as a portable solution, mainly because I already have about 20 AA Sanyo Eneloop 2000MAh batteries that I use for other devices already.

Just wondering if the 2000 MAh LSD batteries work well with it, since I see people posting about using higher capacity (2700MAh) batteries.

slowrolling,
Top Bottom