pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Suppose a shady dealer reported the loss of a shipment to Magic-Flight...

Another reason for sanding off the serial number could be that the unit has been replaced under warranty and not returned to Magic-Flight as it should have been, but that seems less likely to me.

pakalolo,

max

Out to lunch
BigDaddyVapor said:
I'm in contact with MF right now, concerning the issue. I'll keep you all up-to-date.
If I were you I'd leave a review on Amazon for that seller, stating that you received a box with serial number removed. You might want to inform Amazon about it as well. There's no valid reason for removing a serial number from a product that's gone through legit channels.

max,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Willuminati said:
Thank you all for info. have any of you run into a "cool box" problem? you guys have already been a great help and I will continue to work on it a bit more.

Hey Will, I had a similar issue when I first had my box. I actually shelved it and gave up. After some suggestions from our FC brethrin it turned out that my batteries were faulty. Once I replaced them its been pretty smooth sailing since. Be patient, dot your i's and cross your t's and you will find the way. If you live near a batteries plus or the Battery Store you could bring your powerex batteries in for testing. My charger was no good either for that matter. After I bought two packs of new batteries the clerk at batteries plus actually gave me free charger that he had sitting around.

Good luck. :peace:

mvapes,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
pakalolo said:

Another reason for sanding off the serial number could be that the unit has been replaced under warranty and not returned to Magic-Flight as it should have been, but that seems less likely to me.

I agree with Pak! Merchandise that "fell off a truck" would be easily traced if the serial numbers were left in tact. Thats the other reason they resorted to selling online, it gives you no oppurtunity to inspect the merchandise. They also sell and give receipts under numerous names to try and eliminate any paper trail to ensure that they got off scott free. Contact amazon immediately as they keep track of your purchases and they have their way of contacting a seller. Amazon is alot different than ebay or ioffer and they take fraud very serious. If the seller is local (continental US) you may have a chance but if not your chance is bleak.

I believe its a legit MFLB but the SN was removed by some shady dbag!

Sorry to see you got tugged dude.

you also might want to call your bank or credit card company that you used for payment and file a challenge for payment. If you catch it soon enough your bank maybe able to get your money back.

mvapes,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
mvapes said:
pakalolo said:
Merchandise that "fell off a truck" would be easily traced if the serial numbers were left in tact. ...

Hi,

We have seen this happen in the past with "CT Power tools" -- sanding off serial numbers -- and then lying to customers about it. They are *NOT* a legitimate seller and have a history of being in violation of various policies and laws in the past. Unfortunately for them, sanding off serial numbers (on any product) is a felony in most states -- it is merely a matter of time before there are serious problems in store for them. There are various federal statutes regarding this as well. We strongly recommend that anyone who has purchased from them report them to Amazon with a request for full purchase price restitution and to also issue a recommendation of their being banned from doing any further business there.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

vtvape

hey guys quick question, i was just hitting my launch box when i noticed some vapor rising in front off me (while i was drawing), im not sure where it was coming from but it just sort of rose above the box, i had noticed this a few times before, is it possible i am drawing too slow? I do use the box natively with the standard imedion 2400's and im not sure whether that has an impact or not, however it is still working because i am pretty vaked right nowhttp :ko: . Thanks for the help.

vtvape,

vtvape

thanks i was wondering about that, it just happened again but im going to go keep trying a little more to figure it out

*Edit: i think it may have been due to the fact that i just wasnt used to the freshly charged battery. Is it possible for air or vapor in this case to get out of the useless hole on the back?

vtvape,

//////

so, i made a drive with my girlfriend out to aqua lab technologies and decided on this lil guy to complete the family.

//////,

Blood420

weedemon said:
Bun.it: that's an easy fix, just give your box a quick powerful hoot! you will pull the herbs back into the right part of your box.

Excellent advice my man thanks! Small bits of crumbs gathering up there were starting to annoy me.... Problem solved!

Blood420,

Bun.it

So they sanded off the serial number but that does not explain the bb lock?
It looks like a good modification.

Bun.it,

cluffy

Vaker
That BB lock is standard on the new model.

I almost always let a few wisps of vapor escape my nostrils, it's a comfort after so many years of combusting. I suppose one could plug one's nose to prevent this, but that would probably take some enjoyment out of the whole Magic Flight experience...

cluffy,

Bun.it

I thought that could be the case but dismissed it because I bought one a week ago without.
Am annoyed I missed out, looks handy, considering my box is always on the move.

Bun.it,

Blood420

Bun.it said:
I thought that could be the case but dismissed it because I bought one a week ago without.
Am annoyed I missed out, looks handy, considering my box is always on the move.

I bought mine 2 weeks ago and didn't get a bb either :|

Blood420,

Nycdeisel

Probably cause you didnt order from one of the two places that are guaranteed to have the newest model and kit.

Nycdeisel,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
I'd be happy to spend the extra few bucks and order from a reputable shop like Blisssville, Puffitup or straight from Magic Flight. Buying a vape from ebay or amazon is out of the question in my book. But there's plenty of things I only buy from ebay like fishing tackle and shit. But that stuff doesn't have lifetime warranties to worry about...

JDSupreme,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Well, I've been in contact with both the seller and Magic-Flight. The issue is being resolved by Magic-Flight and I must say, they are probably the best customer service I have ever dealt with. Fast and courteous. Obviously, CT Power Tools, are scum. I have submitted a complaint to Amazon, along with Magic-Flight's statement of their practices. Hopefully, this steers them straight onto Shit River, lacking paddles.

Once this matter is wrapped up with Magic-Flight, I will provide more details. However, I am overjoyed with their suggested and accepted resolution.

Below, is what I submitted to Amazon.

I received my order 8/22/11. Everything, with the exception of the VAPECASE was delivered. Seller offered to either send an unfinished case, or refund. I accepted a $10 refund for the case. However, upon inspection of the Magic-Flight Launch Box, I noticed that it was missing the serial number, needed for Magic-Flight's Lifetime Warranty. I contacted both the seller and Magic-Flight about this matter. The seller informed me, they specifically state in the ad, these are un-serialized units and that CT Power Tools, would honor the warranty. Though I never saw notice of any such claim.

However, Magic-Flight has a different view on this. Their statement on this specific issue is:

"We have seen this happen in the past with "CT Power tools" -- sanding off serial numbers -- and then lying to customers about it. They are *NOT* a legitimate seller and have a history of being in violation of various policies and laws in the past. Unfortunately for them, sanding off serial numbers (on any product) is a felony in most states -- it is merely a matter of time before there are serious problems in store for them. There are various federal statutes regarding this as well. We strongly recommend that anyone who has purchased from them report them to Amazon with a request for full purchase price restitution and to also issue a recommendation of their being banned from doing any further business there."

Please check into this matter. Under advice and request of Magic-Flight, I have shipped the entire package back to them. Also, consider refunding the remaining balance of $109.23 to my account. You can view a picture of the area, where its obvious the serial was sanded off, here: http://i51.tinypic.com/314p3mh.jpg

BigDaddyVapor,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
BigDaddyVapor said:
Well, I've been in contact with both the seller and Magic-Flight. The issue is being resolved by Magic-Flight and I must say, they are probably the best customer service I have ever dealt with. Fast and courteous. Obviously, CT Power Tools, are scum. I have submitted a complaint to Amazon, along with Magic-Flight's statement of their practices. Hopefully, this steers them straight onto Shit River, lacking paddles.Once this matter is wrapped up with Magic-Flight, I will provide more details. However, I am overjoyed with their suggested and accepted resolution.

Below, is what I submitted to Amazon.

I received my order 8/22/11. Everything, with the exception of the VAPECASE was delivered. Seller offered to either send an unfinished case, or refund. I accepted a $10 refund for the case. However, upon inspection of the Magic-Flight Launch Box, I noticed that it was missing the serial number, needed for Magic-Flight's Lifetime Warranty. I contacted both the seller and Magic-Flight about this matter. The seller informed me, they specifically state in the ad, these are un-serialized units and that CT Power Tools, would honor the warranty. Though I never saw notice of any such claim.

However, Magic-Flight has a different view on this. Their statement on this specific issue is:

"We have seen this happen in the past with "CT Power tools" -- sanding off serial numbers -- and then lying to customers about it. They are *NOT* a legitimate seller and have a history of being in violation of various policies and laws in the past. Unfortunately for them, sanding off serial numbers (on any product) is a felony in most states -- it is merely a matter of time before there are serious problems in store for them. There are various federal statutes regarding this as well. We strongly recommend that anyone who has purchased from them report them to Amazon with a request for full purchase price restitution and to also issue a recommendation of their being banned from doing any further business there."

Please check into this matter. Under advice and request of Magic-Flight, I have shipped the entire package back to them. Also, consider refunding the remaining balance of $109.23 to my account. You can view a picture of the area, where its obvious the serial was sanded off, here: http://i51.tinypic.com/314p3mh.jpg

"shit river" - CLASSIC - I almost fell out of my seat laughing so hard! Love it :lol:

mvapes,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I just had a quick look at CT Power Tools as scams often pique my curiosity. But I can't quite work it out. They do say in their terms:
After three (3) days, all applicable warranties are the responsibility of the original manufacturer, except in the case of Magic Flight vaporizers. Magic Flight vaporizers must be returned directly to CT POWER TOOLS for warranty repair or replacement at our sole discretion. Magic Flight Launch Boxes have a lifetime functional warranty for all Box units. Warranty does not cover abuse, wear, lost or stolen units. Shipping charges may apply. CT POWER TOOLS makes no additional warranty implied or assumed, other than those of the original manufacturer unless otherwise noted. Please note: Vapir products are sold "as-is" with no warranty.

Still Have Questions?

Contact Customer Service

Umm, yes, I've still got questions! :lol:

They seem to cover their arse with the Vapir warranty, which made me smile.

So what exactly is going on here? Something fishy. :/

But I gotta say, the laws covering the liability for costs of doing business falls heavily on the customer in the USA, judging by their terms and conditions; I can not believe that the Amazon seller is allowed to charge a '20% restocking fee' for unwanted returns- seems steep and would be very illegal over here (return shipping is disincentive enough for timewasters), along with return shipping for faulty/incorrect orders, and product function liability passes to manufacturer after 3 days! (seller is liable for typically 6 months or longer in the UK, depending on product). I guess these guys are doing the bare legal minimum? But it's just not cricket. Makes MF business attitude shine even brighter IMO.

WatTyler,

max

Out to lunch
JDSupreme said:
Buying a vape from ebay or amazon is out of the question in my book.
Dealers like Vapenow and Vapeworld started out on eBay, and without eBay as a launching pad, they may not have been able to make it, or would still be struggling. Some solid dealers and manufacturers still sell on eBay and in some cases offer better pricing there (especially if you're not an FC member, with access to discount codes). With eBay or Amazon, you just have to make sure it's your best price, and preferably know who you're buying from.

max,

stroh

errl enthusiast
max said:
JDSupreme said:
Buying a vape from ebay or amazon is out of the question in my book.
Dealers like Vapenow and Vapeworld started out on eBay, and without eBay as a launching pad, they may not have been able to make it, or would still be struggling. Some solid dealers and manufacturers still sell on eBay and in some cases offer better pricing there (especially if you're not an FC member, with access to discount codes). With eBay or Amazon, you just have to make sure it's your best price, and preferably know who you're buying from.

i agree, ebay sellers can be quite reputable, i purchased my first launch box kit off ebay for 90 dollars, and it was 100% legitimate, though i snagged my current box from blisssville.

stroh,
Top Bottom