liteweight

Purpl3_Haz3 said:
I always find that when i show the box to someone for the first time, the hardest thing for them is to draw slow...it's counterintuitive to the combustion methods, making it seem ineffective to new comers...but you really have to sip it like hot tea.

One way to get beginners to slow down is to give them a trench that's full, then tell them to look to see if there's a vortex of herb spinning around the shoulders of the trench when they draw. Magic-Flight said that if there's a vortex spinning around, then you're drawing too fast. This only works with a trench that's full. As the trench gets used, the volume decreases below the shoulders and you won't get the vortex effect. Try it. You'll see what I mean.

liteweight,

Highman

Hi!

I bought my magic-flight box in early januari. I had heard great things about it and no matter where I looked, it got positive feedback. So I just had to get my first vaporizer ever.
I love it so much that I can't imagine myself without it. By just looking at it gives me satisfaction. It is so fuckin perfect. The only bad thing with it, is the battery, they are a little bit weak and I have to recharge them a little to often then I would prefer. I would also prefer a bigger bowl and perhaps a digital temperature-meter.
But the whole concept of this box is so fuckin genius that It don't matter, it also did what it promised, to produce nice vapor!

THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!
I often hold the battery in for about 20seconds, to get a good hit or cuz' there is less weed left or simply cuz' the battery is almost out. If I feel that the battery gets hot I release it, simply because I'm afriad that it could damage the box. I dont know if this is necessary, but I dont want to take any risk. I take great care of my box.

However, recently it has started to behave very strange. After about 15-20 seconds the temperature suddenly increase a lot. Real smoke starts to fill the box and the cover gets wet. I then quick removes the battery but the lamp is still glowing like 5 seconds, like it is living a life of it's own.
I inhale all the smoke and it taste real harsh. After that I just sit there with a big "WTF" in my head.

For about 30 minutes ago, this happened for the 3rd time now, so I am a bit worried.
I am so worried that I even suspect that it's possible that I'm smoking the wood or something else from the box when this is happening. Perhaps I shouldn't inhale then, but im a stealth indoor smoker and It will smell more if I dont inhale it.

Since It have life guranteee I guess they could repair it, but I live in sweden and to send it all back to US and then wait for maybe weeks or even months, is a bit frustating.

I thought I could ask here first, have anyone experienced the same thing? did you solve it? If you did send it back, did it take long time before you got it back?

And of course, any theory of why this is happening?? I only use it with high quality weed, if that info could be to any help.

-----------------
And another thing, I would like a link to a site that sells the best batteries for this little beauty! I live in sweden so they must ship to europe.

That would be all. Thanks for my time, sorry for bad english...I am also pretty stoned!

Highman,

vapirtoo

Wow
It seems that your box was very cold at first
because I never hold the battery in that long
without drawing air over the screen.
What did your ABV look like before the box
turned into Mount Vesuvius?
Now that it is too hot, have you changed
your breathing technique?

vapirtoo,

Highman

vapirtoo said:
Wow

With optimal settings, fully charged battery and perfectly dried and powdered weed, 10 seconds could be enough, but when the battery starts to run lower on energy and the weed gets darker, I have to hold in the battery longer. Or else I wont get any high. The average hit takes about 15 secs.

But dont get me wrong, it often starts to produce vapor after about 5 seconds, but I need to hold it in atleast 10-20 seconds to get a descent hit.
I tried it outside in our cold winter here in sweden, but it was pointless, to cold to get a worthy hit.
I tried many different breathing techiniques, it dont matter.

What does ABV stands for? magic box? it still looks like new.

This is how I smoke:
1.Hold the battery for about 5-10seconds
2.after that begins inhale but still holds the battery in
3. after total 10-20seconds I release the battery.
4. keep the vapor in my lungs deep as possible in atleast 10seconds.

I never get as high on the magic box as when smoking in a pipe, but that is because it's impossible to get as big hit in the box. I can understand that, but I still want a descent hit and that is impossible if I hold in the battery for less than 10seconds no matter how.
It takes about 8-10 hits for each bowl to get fully vaporised.The battery is enough for about 1-2 bowls.
However this is not what I see as the problem, I thought this was normal.

Highman,

Adaox

Shake your box. :)

And it sounds like you're new to vaping. The "good" hits are the thick ones. Yet that's not what the mflb is primarily designed to do.

ABV = already been vaped

There is a glossary post some where on this site.

Adaox,

Highman

Highman said:
vapirtoo said:
Wow

With optimal settings, fully charged battery and perfectly dried and powdered weed, 10 seconds could be enough, but when the battery starts to run lower on energy and the weed gets darker, I have to hold in the battery longer. Or else I wont get any high. The average hit takes about 15 secs.

But dont get me wrong, it often starts to produce vapor after about 5 seconds, but I need to hold it in atleast 10-20 seconds to get a descent hit.
I tried it outside in our cold winter here in sweden, but it was pointless, to cold to get a worthy hit.
I tried many different breathing techiniques, it dont matter.

What does ABV stands for? magic box? it still looks like new.

This is how I smoke:
1.Hold the battery for about 5-10seconds
2.after that begins inhale but still holds the battery in
3. after total 10-20seconds I release the battery.
4. keep the vapor in my lungs deep as possible in atleast 10seconds.

I never get as high on the magic box as when smoking in a pipe, but that is because it's impossible to get as big hit in the box. I can understand that, but I still want a descent hit and that is impossible if I hold in the battery for less than 10seconds no matter how.
It takes about 7-8 hits for each bowl to get fully vaporised.The battery is enough for about 1-2 bowls.
However this is not what I see as the problem, I thought this was normal.

EDIT: I just took the time with my watch and it took 30seconds for a hit, not even a big hit. The battery is pretty low I guess.

EDIT2: OH ops I didnt mean to qoute,just edit
Sorry guys! I shouldnt be here when high

Highman,

Highman

Adaox said:
Shake your box. :)

And it sounds like you're new to vaping. The "good" hits are the thick ones. Yet that's not what the mflb is primarily designed to do.

ABV = already been vaped

There is a glossary post some where on this site.

so its normal that it suddently starts to dramatically increase the temperature? and that the lamp still is on AFTER i removed the battery? And that the vapor suddently turns to real smoke?(or atleast look like it)
The smoke also get very harsh, you want to choke.
It have happened only 3 times so it shouldnt be normal anyway.

Yes I often shake my box, usually after each hit.

Highman,

Highman

vapirtoo said:

It was dark green, after it turned into mount vesuvius some parts were black and were ashes.

Highman,

Adaox

It sounds like you're letting the vape build to get a bigger hit so two things.

1 shake your mflb while the battery is in
2 temp is regulated by air flow. The only reason it's getting that hot is because you're allowing it to do so. Start drawing sooner or harder.

Adaox,

Highman

Adaox said:
It sounds like you're letting the vape build to get a bigger hit so two things.

1 shake your mflb while the battery is in
2 temp is regulated by air flow. The only reason it's getting that hot is because you're allowing it to do so. Start drawing sooner or harder.

As soon as it starts to produce the vapor I start to draw. I draw lightly cuz if I draw hard I get less vapor.
But then out of nowhere,with my normal airflow, the temperature rises much in an instant, smoke gets much hotter and it produces plenty of smoke. I panic when this occurs, Its a big different, why the suddenly big shift?
If I must begin to draw harder just to prevent this from happening, I will get very small hits and will need to hold the battery for perhaps 30-40seconds for a good hit.

This have only happened 3 times out of about 400, but thoose 3 times have been this week!
And when this is happening the lamp is still on for about 5 seconds even after I removed the battery, why is that?

And the smoke is so harsh that I'm not even sure if its only weed im smoking, it taste horrible.

I'm positive that there is something wrong with the box. It have never been like this before.
When I smoke I try to use the most efficent teqniue I can, to get the most vapor as fast as possible, this by drawing slowly and creating a well balanced flow with the vapor, I can feel the flow with vapor on the tip of my tongue when Im doing it.

This is not me suddenly using the box wrong.

Highman,

Highman

Here is my weed vs my ABVW
yoyoyoy.jpg

This is about how dark as it gets. exept when it starts to go mad, then it becomes black and ashy.

Highman,

slvelocity

It LOOKS like you're vaping correctly. Thats how abv is supposed to look like... Dark brown and smells kinda like popcorn.

Also, the box getting hotter, yes mine does that too. I think it's cause when you first put the battery in the box, the box is at a low temp so you can keep the battery in longer. But by the time you're half done with the trench the box is already warm at least and at a higher temp so you can't keep the battery in as long

The light thing... Ya no clue bout that one lol

slvelocity,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
slvelocity said:
It LOOKS like you're vaping correctly. Thats how abv is supposed to look like... Dark brown and smells kinda like popcorn.

Also, the box getting hotter, yes mine does that too. I think it's cause when you first put the battery in the box, the box is at a low temp so you can keep the battery in longer. But by the time you're half done with the trench the box is already warm at least and at a higher temp so you can't keep the battery in as long

The light thing... Ya no clue bout that one lol

You got it about the screen warming up...pretty much, on first use after the box has been sitting un used for a while, it may take 10+ seconds to get the screen warmed, but after the first hit, i only hold the batt for 5 seconds before i inhale...

Purpl3_Haz3,

weedemon

enthusiast
so im trying to find a glass stem for the mflb. im sure it's been asked for before... but I can't find it!! :( I treid google and the search here on FC. :(

can anyone point me in the right direction?

weedemon,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
weedemon said:
so im trying to find a glass stem for the mflb. im sure it's been asked for before... but I can't find it!! :( I treid google and the search here on FC. :(

can anyone point me in the right direction?

Not sure on the glass stem, and myself i wouldn't want one as I use the MfLB on the go a lot...but that's just me, on to you. Have you seen/checked out Ed's TnT's MfLB stems? They're wooden, and look really cool with the box...

I'll keep my eyes peeled for a glass one though

Purpl3_Haz3,

weedemon

enthusiast
Purpl3_Haz3 said:
Not sure on the glass stem, and myself i wouldn't want one as I use the MfLB on the go a lot...but that's just me, on to you. Have you seen/checked out Ed's TnT's MfLB stems? They're wooden, and look really cool with the box...

I'll keep my eyes peeled for a glass one though

Thanks man,

I agree Ed's stems are beautiful, but I don't want to be soaking wooden stems in iso right? I never came outright and said it, but I am trying to reclaim whatever builds up in my stem from use with a bottle of 99% iso that i wash all my volcano gear with. (someday im gonna evap it into oil) I dipped my stem into the iso and the ends cracked up :( I later read that i can wipe with iso, but cannot submerge. :( learn from my mistake folks!

when I am on the go I don't bring the stem with me. I love the small stealth factor. If i am sharing it with a friend however, I want to use a stem. And this is where I want to get glass instead of acrylic. I wonder how much thickness of the tube would be required. the thicker the better i would think. (a tighter airflow as long as not too tight of course would also help people slow down on their draw speed)

***On a totally different stoner topic:
It would be pretty freakin cool to see them make one out of glass entirely (box, cover, stem,) so you could see it all... imagine watching someone else use it. I realize this is going against the ethical code that MF follows with their decision to go with wood for sustainability. but I'd still buy it :p (I love glass for it's inert nature) Back when i smoked it was glass all the way for me. no more wood or metal or even worse plastic?!? eww! :D I still have a lil bong and some hand pipes, nice glass work :) but they dont get used much anymore.

weedemon,

Spacenstein

Glass MFLB stems are planned to be exclusively sold at Vapeworld.com sometime within the next few months.

Spacenstein,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
liteweight said:
One way to get beginners to slow down is to give them a trench that's full, then tell them to look to see if there's a vortex of herb spinning around the shoulders of the trench when they draw. Magic-Flight said that if there's a vortex spinning around, then you're drawing too fast. This only works with a trench that's full. As the trench gets used, the volume decreases below the shoulders and you won't get the vortex effect. Try it. You'll see what I mean.

I actually tell beginners to make sure there's a vortex of particles spinning around as a few people have combusted slightly after breathing in too slowly.
I myself also like there to be a slight bit of material moving when I breath in - the hits are barely visible but you still get nicely toasted and your trench lasts twice as long. If you want a big hit you can just hold the battery in beforehand for longer, then still breath in as fast and you'll get visible vapour.

It can depend on how well ground your material is. Usually I'll grind it twice, then hit a few times, dump it out and re-grind, perhaps repeating this one more time until it's a really fine powder. When it's this fine it's much more likely to vortex as it's lighter/less dense.

wilf789,

sydnee

Vaporus Majorus
Has anyone ever used a cracked stem with the LB?

I accidentally cracked my stem by using a cleaner that wasn't approved for use on acrylics. Now my stem has cracks, but they appear to be on the inside of the stem and don't seem to affect the outside at all.

Anyone else ever experience this?

Thanks in advance.

sydnee,

weedemon

enthusiast
same here man im still using mine. looking for a glass replacement. i sitll use my cracked one though.

weedemon,

kabob

derporist
sydnee said:
Has anyone ever used a cracked stem with the LB?

I accidentally cracked my stem by using a cleaner that wasn't approved for use on acrylics. Now my stem has cracks, but they appear to be on the inside of the stem and don't seem to affect the outside at all.

Anyone else ever experience this?

Thanks in advance.
I have a stem that has 2 cracks almost half the length of the stem! However the stem still performs fine, no noticeable leaks or anything. You can always buy replacements if need be.
http://www.vaporizerkits.com/products/Magic-Flight-Launch-Box-Stem-Mouthpiece.html

kabob,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi,

Re stem questions:

1) Glass stems are currently in production and should be available very soon. BlissSville, Vapeworld, etc will be carrying them. It is our plan to offer them as part of the complete kit as soon as we are able. Purchased separately, they will cost more than a regular stem due to the fact that the glass has to be custom made to fit the box (there is no stock glass that will work).

2) Acrylic stems with cracks (for whatever reason) should be ok to use (as long as the stem remains whole). Replacement stems are available at BlissSville, etc, as needed.

Re Highman:

If you are seeing the light still on after releasing pressure on the battery, there are two possibilities: 1) the battery is still connected, and thus still generating heat, which would cause overheating (ie, no drawing to cool the unit), or 2) the 'light' you are seeing is actually a cherry burning in the box, and not actually the light at all. If you take the battery completely out and you still see light in the box, then you had already reached combustion conditions. Things to check include:.

- that the box actually turns off when there is no pressure on the battery; is the push-back ring in the box and in the right place?

- You might try emptying and cleaning the screen (see the vaporpedia FAQ) to ensure that there are no clogged spots (might prevent even heating).

- Check the screen itself to ensure that there are no tears or holes (could also cause uneven heating).

The Box does get warmer and require less battery power once it has been used a bit (ie, within one session). However, if the problem persists and you have tried various techniques to no success, then perhaps it is a warranty issue (contact BlissSville -- if for example, you find screen damage).

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Thanks for actively participating in the forums MF.....

Has there been any more talk about offering "special" exotic woods ? I keep anxiously watching for them...

thks & VapeOn,
smokum

smokum,
Top Bottom