JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Some PA additions.....Feet

2010-12-27082558.jpg

and the Dial Dot

2010-12-27082856.jpg

roll the dial forward and the dot stops right before it disappears into the gold. this picture shows my ideal PAMFLB dial location, which i believe to be about 90%-ish of full throttle

JDSupreme,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
sfld said:
Anthony on what day did u order it if u dont kind me askin cuz i ordered on the 9th and am wondering if it got charged haha i got no pc till tmrw

Hi,

If you still have not seen any activity by Monday PM, please resubmit your order with a note in the comments field that this is your second attempt. This is a new order management process for us (new staff getting trained, etc) and we want to be sure that everything is right.

Thanks!

Earths Essence said:
When do you think you will have more power adapters ready for sale no newer FC members?

They are available now. Go ahead and use the link provided earlier.

danielofski said:
When should the power adapter be available to the public?

About 6 weeks after the close of Beta testing. Not sure how long the beta testing will be (depends on what we find). So far, things seem to be going very well.

clayton said:
Hey magic-flight I'm currently in another country right now with out my LB; can I still order the adapter and give you the serial number later? I want to go ahead and just order it now since I will be moving in 3 weeks once I get back to the states.

You can place the order, but you will need to explain in the comments section why you do not have a serial number.

Boombox said:
1) could you confirm that the power adaptor will work in the UK if I use a US-UK plug adaptor. Ie - 3 pins rather than 2?

2) could you also confirm whether there are any plans to make a car-usable version of the adaptor? If so, would this be an attachment to the current power adaptor or would it be an entirely new product?

Re 1: Yes -- the PA will work with UK mains voltage as long as you have a prongs adapter to plug it in.

Re 2: I think that the car adapter may already be available, and it does work with the current version of the product (I have to check to see if these are ready). If you are looking for a car adapter, include that request in the comments section of the order. It will add about $7 to the overall cost, and should simply plug together in a manner similar to the existing setup. I will post an update when I know more.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

Earths Essence

JDSupreme, saw your vids on Youtube. That thing looks awsome! Does it essentially make it a mini DBV? Because from the looks of your hits on the vids, it looks absolutely worth the $65.

Btw, I'm in CA but myself and my whole fam are Steelers fans!

Earths Essence,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Earths Essence said:
JDSupreme, saw your vids on Youtube. That thing looks awsome! Does it essentially make it a mini DBV? Because from the looks of your hits on the vids, it looks absolutely worth the $65.

Btw, I'm in CA but myself and my whole fam are Steelers fans!

Its absolutely worth it. Dont have a DBV but I have a box whip, the PAMFLB is just different, but way better. The taste of your bud in the LB is better than any other style vape IMO and now the PA adds that extra "kick your ass power" that can bring it into comparison with other, bigger vapes as far as getting huge rips.

Awesome. I run into Pittsburgh fans everywhere i go outside of the Burgh, because im usually wearing a jersey :p

MF,

So those of us that have the PA but no car adapter, what do I gotta do to get the car adapter by itself?

JDSupreme,

doubledown

Just emailed with Fiona at MFLB. Asked about availability and kinds of woods. She said sometime in Jan, info would be released here. As to the types of wood available she said Walnut, Flame Maple, Zebra wood, and Koa. I for one am very excited as I love exotic wood and these are all beautiful choices.

doubledown,

B.

War Criminal
I took the pa in the car with me on my 4 hour drive to see the fam and plugged it into my inverter,worked like a charm.

For those who dont know-you can get a device that plugs into your cigarette lighter socket in your car that will take pretty much anything you can plug into your wall outlet at home, pamflb included. Ive also plugged a zap, ssv and extreme into one,not at the same time tho :) . I believe theyre called power inverters.

B.,

Anthony

Anthony
doubledown said:
Just emailed with Fiona at MFLB. Asked about availability and kinds of woods. She said sometime in Jan, info would be released here. As to the types of wood available she said Walnut, Flame Maple, Zebra wood, and Koa. I for one am very excited as I love exotic wood and these are all beautiful choices.
:brow:
In case anyone wants to visualize what the different woods will look like, here is a guide:
*Note wood can differ, so this is just a "rough idea" sample.
Walnut
Wood_Grain_-_Walnut.212205429_std.jpg

Flame Maple
flame%20maple.jpg

Zebra wood
zebra_lg.jpg

Koa
koa_title.jpg

Anthony,

tripabl3

Magicflight,

How long will the beta be for sale? I mostly use my MFLB at home, so the PA would be perfect for me, but I do not get paid until this Friday... I know you don't charge until it ships, should I put in my order now?

tripabl3,

reece

I don't know what to say about the power adapter that hasn't already been said. It works exactly as expected. The thick power cord gives me peace of mind.

Also, I used it plugged into the cigarette lighter of my car using the car adapter that came with my MyrtleZap. No need to have a big power inverter along with the wall wart hanging from your lighter socket.

I believe something like this would also work but I cannot find info on the size of the plug (it should be type M). Although buying one from the Zapman would be less expensive. Does anyone know where to get these adapters at good prices?

http://www.target.com/Medela-12V-Ve...om_size-bin,target_com_brand-bin&frombrowse=0

reece,

dsal1

dsal1 said:
after you charge the power ex 2700's, how long do you have untill they start to lose their charge.

mod note: Quoting yourself, in order to bump a post, is not allowed.

dsal1,

DarthVaker

Looks like I might want to buy one of these as well! I only have the incognito so far. Is this one like that one?

DarthVaker,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
reece said:
I don't know what to say about the power adapter that hasn't already been said. It works exactly as expected. The thick power cord gives me peace of mind.

Also, I used it plugged into the cigarette lighter of my car using the car adapter that came with my MyrtleZap. No need to have a big power inverter along with the wall wart hanging from your lighter socket.

Im glad its a thicker cord too cause this bad boy is getting some serious use. 100% the only vape ive used since the PA got here. Everything else is a dust collector at the moment

Ahhh that car plug does fit in there perfectly!!!!! Good fucking call Reece!!!!!

MF: disregard my last question, im good on the car adapter now :)

JDSupreme,

fred7

Hi All,

I'm new to the boards, and to vaping. Bought an Aroma Classic about a month ago, used it for a week, then ordered a LB and haven't used my table unit since. I like the control and the feedback I get from the LB. And no waiting 5 minutes for heat. Can't wait to get my hands on the adapter. If the beta's going that well, I'm hoping to be able to order one before Feb. Am I being too optimistic? :peace:

fred7,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I see no major issues with the beta version personally other than they could add some rubber feet or non-skid to the wood block. Works like a dream :D

Lo,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Lo said:
I see no major issues with the beta version personally other than they could add some rubber feet or non-skid to the wood block. Works like a dream :D

I got the pack of sticky feet in the pic a few posts back for like $2 at a craft store...they work wonders. Just make sure not to get the felt or cork ones, they gotta be that squishy black material

JDSupreme,

oneoone

My charger had decided to stop working. I don't have time at the moment to brows through the 300 pages of this thread, can someone please point me in the right direction for what charger I would be looking to buy

oneoone,

Higher

Hi FC! Just got myself a MFLB today and have been pretty happy so far (still workin out the techniques), loving the portablity of it and the fact its silent, tiny and simple! Planning on getting a smart charger which charges batterys fast with the best long lasting batteries i can find which create heat for decent clouds. I noticed people talking about the Powerex batteries and saying that the 2700 mAh were really good but the higher the mAh the better.

My local store sells some Powerex 5000mah rechargeables, can some one tell me if these are OK to use in the LB and also if they would be even longer lasting than the 2700mah and work at a good safe temp, magic flght? Also which charger (preferably one which charges in around 15mins) would be best for the batteries?

Thanks in advance! Hope some one can help soon!

Higher,

SmokingElectricity

Higher said:
Hi FC! Just got myself a MFLB today and have been pretty happy so far (still workin out the techniques), loving the portablity of it and the fact its silent, tiny and simple! Planning on getting a smart charger which charges batterys fast with the best long lasting batteries i can find which create heat for decent clouds. I noticed people talking about the Powerex batteries and saying that the 2700 mAh were really good but the higher the mAh the better.

My local store sells some Powerex 5000mah rechargeables, can some one tell me if these are OK to use in the LB and also if they would be even longer lasting than the 2700mah and work at a good safe temp, magic flght? Also which charger (preferably one which charges in around 15mins) would be best for the batteries?

Thanks in advance! Hope some one can help soon!

the 5000's are size C batteries. 2700 are the best thing going right now. they have a nice fit in the unit and work well. i have a la crosse bc-700 charger. best value for the money. you don't want a 15 min charger. they will ruin your batteries.

SmokingElectricity,

Vaporgin.

Mt.BakerVaper
To owners of the pamflb, does it produce enough vapor to milk a smallish sized waterpipe? I have tried with just the stock batteries in a very small piece, more of a bubbler, and i just got skim milk. I still got really vaked tho. So any guesses on to how easy it would be to milk a small tube with the pa on a high temp

Vaporgin.,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Vaporgin. said:
To owners of the pamflb, does it produce enough vapor to milk a smallish sized waterpipe? I have tried with just the stock batteries in a very small piece, more of a bubbler, and i just got skim milk. I still got really vaked tho. So any guesses on to how easy it would be to milk a small tube with the pa on a high temp

i cant get a good enough draw that it doesn't taste burnt...really need the lips on the box or stem to control the power of the pamflb imo :p

JDSupreme,

jak5

Hi,
i just got the MFLB a few days ago. The battery length is pretty short. Are there a better type of batteries that I can pick up? Can I charge them in my MFLB charger as well? Thanks!

jak5,
Top Bottom