powersmic

I just tried the Launch Box yesterday when a friend was in town from SF and really liked it! I have used vaporizers before that seem too big and expensive. I like that this unit is economical, compact and effective! I ordered one today and am looking forward to preserving my lungs and herb! I would like to try the ac adapter since the batteries sound great for on the go but better to have a plug while at home.

Great innovation!!!

MPP

powersmic,

dr3

reece said:
I see in the post above that Magic Flight is offering car adapters for only $7. I don't know how I missed that.
I bet it was recently added, I missed it too...

dr3,

Daha

This is truly a wonderful product! I have been using the MFLB for a couple months now and appreciated it very much.
Magic-Flight/BlissSville provides excellent customer service. Responses on your problems/questions are helpful and quick. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a portable vaporizer as well as to people who are new to vaporizing.

Daha,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Ya know what, All the recent activity in this thread has made me put my LB back into rotation.
Forgot how awesome this little thing can be. For me the problem was always running out of power was an issue. I would consider myself a heavy smoker and would only use my LB when I was out and about and needed to sneak a quick toke or two. So I borrowed a few extra batteries from a friend who isn't using their own LB. I have since adopted the technique of inhaling through my nose while holding the vape tube in my mouth, and am quite satisfied with the results.
Now that the power adapter is out, I can see this vape entering into a strong position of daily used vapes. My gripe about never having a battery when I need one is virtually non existent now.

DevoTheStrange,

jambolaya

I tired inhaling with my nose and it didnt really work for me. I dont see how it can work. Can someone explain this method please?

jambolaya,

gregthompson69

danielofski said:
I tired inhaling with my nose and it didnt really work for me. I dont see how it can work. Can someone explain this method please?

Pretty sure he means, inhale through your nose as well as your mouth which works to let the box heat up a bit more. Just like letting your lips have a very loose "seal" around the box so you let extra air in slows down the air drawn through the box.

gregthompson69,

fred7

lwien said:
Tstat said:
Is there a thread explaining the best way to charge/discharge batteries? I just bought a Lacrosse BC-700 and Powerex batteries. There are several setting and ways to test, etc. I have been messing around with it, but I'm not sure what I am doing...

On the Powerex 2700 batts, make sure that you set the charge mode at 700mA. Anything lower, and you may miss a termination. Just do a normal charge. If you ever plan to use your batts in pairs, I'd suggest to run them through the "test mode" so that you can pair them up with the most similar capacities.

The absolute best source for charger and battery information is here >> http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Hi Iwien,

Perhaps you might know the answer to a question that I have. I have a Powerex 9000 charger. For a regular charging situation, after having used up a battery in the LB, should I be using the Discharge function on the charger? Just popping in a battery and leaving it alone, letting the unit charge with its default mode, a battery doesn't seem to get fully charged, so I've been using the Refresh/Analyze mode and setting the discharge and charge modes at 500mA. Do you know which practice would be better for the longevity of batteries? (I checked candlepowerforums but the site seems to be down for maintenance.)

Thanks in advance. Cheers

fred7,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
danielofski said:

try to sip the vapor out of the stem without drawing on the stem like a pipe. barely barely touch the tip of the stem (or side of box, but i suggest using the stem until you got it down, you can at least see the vapor) to the tip of your lips. then pulse draw as you take a long inhale

JDSupreme,

reece

@ MagicFlight

Sometimes, not always, when using the power adapter I will hold it in my free hand. After a while it is a bit uncomfortable because of the corners. Is there any chance you would consider rounding the edges?

reece,

chucku

Charles Urbane
My power adapter shipped today, would be nice to get it by Friday. The charge has not hit my amex account yet.

Shipped 12/29/2010, hit my amex account 12/30/2010.

chucku,

sfld

My cc was charged on sunday. But i never got an email saying it was shipped. Should i assume it was mailed out on monday and should be here today or tmrw? Anyone have a similar situation

sfld,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
sfld said:
My cc was charged on sunday. But i never got an email saying it was shipped. Should i assume it was mailed out on monday and should be here today or tmrw? Anyone have a similar situation

I think mine went out 2 days after charge so it probably went out Monday or Tuesday. I'll bet you get it by Saturday!!

Gonna make another vid soon with PAMFLB techniques :p

JDSupreme,

Noonan

pyromoms technique confuses me. How does inhaling thru your nose help to get a hit when your mouth if on the box?

and yes JD please make more videos, your first video is what made me purchase the PA.

Noonan,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Noonan said:
pyromoms technique confuses me. How does inhaling thru your nose help to get a hit when your mouth if on the box?

and yes JD please make more videos, your first video is what made me purchase the PA.

haha ok just finishing up work now ill post one tonight hopefully.

I dont get that technique at all....my sinuses and airpath doesnt work like that (unless IM still missing something!)

JDSupreme,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
Noonan said:

The vaporpedia article explains it this way: "This technique works because when you draw air into your lungs through your nose with your mouth open, a slight vacuum effect results in enough airflow to draw the vapor from the LB and mix with the air flowing into the lungs. This is the slowest possible draw, so the load gets heated to high temperatures, and this is why you get a thick hit."

Basically when you breathe in through your nose, because your mouth is air-tight to the hole/stem, some vapour is sucked through your mouth as well. And as the air being drawn into your mouth is travelling very slowly, it heats up the bud + trench more (faster draws = colder temps), thus resulting in a dense cloud of vapour if done correctly.

(I realise I pretty much just said exactly the same as the first explanation, thought it might help if worded differently..)

Just try it out and see if it works. The first time I did I was left spluttering after the unexpectedly large amount of vape it produced!

wilf789,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I've never been able to get pyromon's technique either. I tried several times without success. I guess my internal airpath is incapable of this vacuum effect.

However to get big cloudy hits, I just relax my throat muscles and use my stomach to breathe at a very slow pace. Sometimes I am drawing so slow that vapor actually flows out of my box (at this point I know I'm going too slow). I use this method to take quick pulsating hits and can get plenty of vapor.

Cheers!

Stu,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
if i breath through my nose only....nothing draws from my mouth. period. i dont know if my sinuses are fucked up but thats me. ill stick to microhitting

JDSupreme,

doubledown

Just pulled the trigger :D Was going to wait for the special wood but decided to go ahead and get the regular and a PA. Always time for zebra wood later.

doubledown,

Noonan

Using pyromoms method I can only seem to get the vapor to billow towards my mouth but can't actually inhale it.

JD, I like your inhaling technique alot. I'm new to the MFLB and I have been trying to replicate your exact method. I'm assuming it wasn't always as easy to hit it like that before the PA- which is why I REALLY REALLY want one... Can't wait until it ships.

Noonan,

Colin_BC

I researched different vape's for a while, portable and stationary. In the end, I am extremely happy with my Magic Flight Launch Box and I've had it for about a month. I've let a few friends try it out and they have all since ordered one as well. The only downside to it is battery life, but I have a half dozen batteries anyways so I'm ok on the road. I'll be ordering the power adapter as soon as I find where to order it from ;)

Colin_BC,
Top Bottom