momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
fuckyourcouch said:
When it comes to getting the 'wand hash' out of the supplied tube that comes out of the MFLB what is the easiest most efficient way?

I heard blowing it onto a wad of toilet paper at the end works?

I also heard using rubbing alcohol gets all of it, but i also heard this is a pain in the ass?

Thanks

I've always cleaned my stem with a pipe cleaner. I dip one end into a little ISO, then run it through the stem. The dry part of the pipe cleaner collects any ISO left behind. You cannot harvest it this way, however. If that is your intent, I have heard of people using a bamboo skewer and pushing the resin out.

momofthegoons,

upriver

combustion-free
I know this doesn't answer your question, but I want to register another voice saying I don't use the pipe or anything else. I use the box "native". The manufacturer suggests this is the ideal method, and it allows excellent feedback on the tongue which is helpful in determining if your draw is ideal or not. You quickly learn exactly how hot you like the vapor to be, or when the battery is getting tired.

Smaller unit, one less thing to carry, one less thing to clean. Its a good way to go. Some people have suggested that going native is just slightly too hot for their comfort though, and I can see that. Luckily I find it very comfortable, and suggest you give it a try if you haven't.

upriver,

OC513

Dabaholic
upriver said:
I know this doesn't answer your question, but I want to register another voice saying I don't use the pipe or anything else. I use the box "native". The manufacturer suggests this is the ideal method, and it allows excellent feedback on the tongue which is helpful in determining if your draw is ideal or not. You quickly learn exactly how hot you like the vapor to be, or when the battery is getting tired.

Smaller unit, one less thing to carry, one less thing to clean. Its a good way to go. Some people have suggested that going native is just slightly too hot for their comfort though, and I can see that. Luckily I find it very comfortable, and suggest you give it a try if you haven't.
I agree 100%

OC513,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
You should draw while the battery is still in. Otherwise your would just get a tiny hit. However you should remove the batter BEFORE you finish your hit to clear out all the vapor-goodness from the box. I usually just take it out a second or two before I'm done hitting it.

Stu,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
i use a bamboo skewer in the acrylic stem. harvests real nice with a tiny bit of iso or everclear to loosen it up.
of course it trashes the stem after time with the alcohol, so i now use a stainless steel straw as my stem. then i can just chuck it in a lil bottle of everclear and shake it till it's clean.

herbgirl,

upriver

combustion-free
Since my relatively new MFLB has the battery pushback ring, I use the battery itself as a momentary switch:

Press it in, wait ~5secs (sometimes visually check for vapor, but not really needed anymore), and start to draw while battery is still pressed in. As lungs fill close to capacity, or the vapor starts to feel too warm, release pressure on the battery but leave it in. This "shuts off" the battery but there is no need to remove it. Continue to take sip until ready to stop. Exhale, repeat as desired. Completely remove battery at end of session.

upriver,

fuckyourcouch

Got money out the ass no homo but i'm rich
momofthegoons said:
fuckyourcouch said:
When it comes to getting the 'wand hash' out of the supplied tube that comes out of the MFLB what is the easiest most efficient way?

I also heard using rubbing alcohol gets all of it, but i also heard this is a pain in the ass?

Thanks

I've always cleaned my stem with a pipe cleaner. I dip one end into a little ISO, then run it through the stem. The dry part of the pipe cleaner collects any ISO left behind. You cannot harvest it this way, however. If that is your intent, I have heard of people using a bamboo skewer and pushing the resin out.

Yes i plan to 'harvest' it. Thats really what i was trying to ask, best way to get it out and smoke it. i've never tried it before and i heard it's quite potent.

And i haven't needed to use my box in public yet so the stem works just fine for me.

I'm also specifically using the stem so i can collect this 'resin'.

fuckyourcouch,

george

fuckyourcouch said:
momofthegoons said:
fuckyourcouch said:

Thanks

Yes i plan to 'harvest' it. Thats really what i was trying to ask, best way to get it out and smoke it. i've never tried it before and i heard it's quite potent.

And i haven't needed to use my box in public yet so the stem works just fine for me.

I have followed this thread since page 1, and i have yet to see a worthwhile way to collect the resin. To me, it's uncollectable (if thats even a word). The only thing that could work is scraping it out with a paperclip or bamboo skewer like someone mentioned. Soaking or using ISO or rubbing alc will damage the stem.

george,

Vaporgin.

Mt.BakerVaper
fuckyourcouch said:

why would you rather have the thc stuck to an acrylic tube rather than in the vapor that goes directly into you when you hit it native?
just a point to take into consideration, i only use the stem when other people want to vape, not gunna have someone else's mouth all over ma box:D, although it has happened a few times when i didnt have the stem :/

Vaporgin.,

sadf

pakalolo said:
Hi sadf, thanks for moving.

My first impressions came from another forum a while back when the device was pretty new; I've since read through this thread and on a couple other sites and, well, the Box shipped today.

Goddamn their service is quick. <3

sadf,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
IMO taste is better with stem, but native gives a stronger hit

seem to get temp higher when hitting native. i personally always use the stem unless extreme stealthness is required...

JDSupreme,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I only hit it native. I'm not really concerned with coodies. You should see some of the hideous places that my mouth has been over the years.....someone sharing a trench native with me is nothing :lol:

Stu,

fuckyourcouch

Vaporgin. said:
fuckyourcouch said:

why would you rather have the thc stuck to an acrylic tube rather than in the vapor that goes directly into you when you hit it native?
just a point to take into consideration, i only use the stem when other people want to vape, not gunna have someone else's mouth all over ma box:D, although it has happened a few times when i didnt have the stem :/

Because i'm still new to my box so i've never smoked 'wand hash' before. i want to try it. i was hoping some one here would be experienced with such a thing. the native still feels awkward to me.

fuckyourcouch,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
You're not going to get a "smokable" amount of wand hash from that draw tube. I had to use my Extreme for 3 months before I found it necessary to harvest any wand hash. The little acrylic tube just doesn't collect enough to make it worth any attempt to harvest it. Just use a pipe cleaner with some iso if you want to clean it, but don't bother trying to collect anything from it. My :2c:

Stu,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
sadf said:
pakalolo said:
Hi sadf, thanks for moving.

My first impressions came from another forum a while back when the device was pretty new; I've since read through this thread and on a couple other sites and, well, the Box shipped today.

Goddamn their service is quick. <3

Wow, you ordered one? Congratulations, I promise you will be delighted if you just take the time to learn to use it correctly. The section on usage in the link in my sig is a good place to start, and any other questions you might have will get answered here quickly.

I was worried that you might have taken me the wrong way and thought I was trying to be argumentative or something. I'm relieved you didn't.

pakalolo,

sundaddy

Another thing you can do is take a tiny piece of bud, slightly bigger than the tube hole. Cram it in the tube end, then push it through with something and when it comes out, it will be a tiny oil nug.

sundaddy,

kraken

of sound mind
What are some opinions on leaving the batteries in the charger between sessions even if they are already charged. Is it okay or do most people pull them out after they've reached a full charge?

kraken,

george

kraken said:
What are some opinions on leaving the batteries in the charger between sessions even if they are already charged. Is it okay or do most people pull them out after they've reached a full charge?

Leaving them in for a few hours is okay, never over 12 or 24hours though. And if you can take them out after they're charged, why not. :2c:

george,

tc1

Loving the LB so far. Not sure if the vape poo can be used for anything (still getting the hang of not over vaping unevenly) but who knows .....

tc1,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
sundaddy said:
Another thing you can do is take a tiny piece of bud, slightly bigger than the tube hole. Cram it in the tube end, then push it through with something and when it comes out, it will be a tiny oil nug.
i am TOTALLY doing this next time. I used to sprinkle shake in my bong bowl to make the 'harvest' a little less sticky. can't believe i haven't tried this yet!

i use the stem because native is too hot for my taste.

herbgirl,

SmokingElectricity

herbgirl said:
sundaddy said:
i am TOTALLY doing this next time. I used to sprinkle shake in my bong bowl to make the 'harvest' a little less sticky. can't believe i haven't tried this yet!

i use the stem because native is too hot for my taste.

LooooooooooooL

AWESOME Mrs. Slocombe avi.

SmokingElectricity,

fuckyourcouch

sundaddy said:

Thank you this is an excellent idea!

fuckyourcouch,
Top Bottom