Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
lwien said:
Vicki said:
lwien said:
You're not the only one. ;)

I forgot to ask.....does this apply to every cycle available on the charger, or just the "charge" mode?

Every cycle where the battery is being charged. Bottom line........if you want your batts FULLY charged with this charger, leave them in for 2 hours after initial charge, but then take them out. No need to leave LSD's on trickle charge and being that they discharge so slowly, an extended stay in the charger in trickle mode beyond the top off charge, could pump in more than what is really healthy for them.

So, I should only do the extra 2 hours on the 2700's? The rest of my batteries are LSD's.

Vicki,

lwien

Vicki said:
lwien said:
Vicki said:
I forgot to ask.....does this apply to every cycle available on the charger, or just the "charge" mode?

Every cycle where the battery is being charged. Bottom line........if you want your batts FULLY charged with this charger, leave them in for 2 hours after initial charge, but then take them out. No need to leave LSD's on trickle charge and being that they discharge so slowly, an extended stay in the charger in trickle mode beyond the top off charge, could pump in more than what is really healthy for them.

So, I should only do the extra 2 hours on the 2700's? The rest of my batteries are LSD's.

Extra 2 hours on all.

lwien,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
lwien said:
Vicki said:
lwien said:

Extra 2 hours on all.

Ok, I was confused when you said there was no need to leave LSD's on a trickle charge.

Vicki,

champ3185

Iwien, noticed u said earlier that you were thinking of getting the lb. Iv read a lot of your posts and in relation to efficiency this vape is awesome.. I think this combined with your pd would be the ultimate efficiency minded combo..

regards,

champ3185,

tc1

I think I need to buy a battery holder and start using my Accucell-6 Charger.

504483d1254252196-turnigy-accucell-6-lipo-charger-balancer-16-6-amp-power-supply-acc6-20mirp.jpg

Might make a difference in battery life considering the charging can be programmed for optimal LB function.

tc1,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Aetz88 said:
Speaking of batteries, anybody got some recommendations for me?

I realized one of the batteries that came with my box isn't as strong as the other one already (after a full charge its still dim).

Also do you guys use the MFLB only when your alone or with groups? My friend always want to use it because we can use it inside, but I am getting annoyed by them trying to "rip it" because when I tell them to sip it like tea they don't believe me... so when I use it I use it and they see a vapor from me... they get it back and just try to rip it or leave the battery in to the point where its super hot and like ruins the entire thing. :mad:

If they can't behave tell them they can't use it and to get their own. As far as batteries the Powerex 2700 mah for HSD abd Imedion 2400 mah for LSD are currently as good as you can get. They are expensive so make sure you have a smart charger so the batteries are not abused.

chucku,

lwien

lwien,

lwien

champ3185 said:
Iwien, noticed u said earlier that you were thinking of getting the lb. Iv read a lot of your posts and in relation to efficiency this vape is awesome.. I think this combined with your pd would be the ultimate efficiency minded combo..

regards,

Yeah, I think you're right. The only thing holding me up is that I only vape at home.

lwien,

Aetz88

chucku said:
Aetz88 said:

I realized one of the batteries that came with my box isn't as strong as the other one already (after a full charge its still dim).

Also do you guys use the MFLB only when your alone or with groups? My friend always want to use it because we can use it inside, but I am getting annoyed by them trying to "rip it" because when I tell them to sip it like tea they don't believe me... so when I use it I use it and they see a vapor from me... they get it back and just try to rip it or leave the battery in to the point where its super hot and like ruins the entire thing. :mad:

If they can't behave tell them they can't use it and to get their own. As far as batteries the Powerex 2700 mah for HSD abd Imedion 2400 mah for LSD are currently as good as you can get. They are expensive so make sure you have a smart charger so the batteries are not abused.

Thanks! What is the difference between LSD and HSD? Also I was trying to go the cheap route and just pick up some batteries. Would it be better to just get a smart charger (idk of any either) and then some batteries for the long run?

Aetz88,

lwien

chucku said:
[. As far as batteries the Powerex 2700 mah for HSD abd Imedion 2400 mah for LSD are currently as good as you can get. They are expensive so make sure you have a smart charger so the batteries are not abused.

That is until Sanyo comes out with their 2500 mah Eneloop LSD's (called XX) in December.

Ahh..........battery wars. Gotta love it, eh?

lwien,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Aetz88 said:
chucku said:
Aetz88 said:

Thanks! What is the difference between LSD and HSD? Also I was trying to go the cheap route and just pick up some batteries. Would it be better to just get a smart charger (idk of any either) and then some batteries for the long run?

LSD = low self discharge, will keep near full charge for a year or more after charging. HSD = high self discharge and need to be used within a couple of months of charging. Bpth the Powerex and Imedions are excellent batteries. Both have excellent fit in the MFLB. The Powerex has a bit more juice than the Imedions but do not have a long shelf life. The Imedions can be saved for a rainy day such as when waiting for the Powerex to charge or taking some on a long trip. The Imedions come pre-charged but the Powerex must be broken in before use thus the need for a smart charger. All of the above are available from Thomas Distributing. Smart chargers start around $20.00-$25.00 and are often bundled with batteries. While The Ansmann 2500 mah lsd batteries are good avoid them because they are loose fitting.

chucku,

upriver

combustion-free
Wish this site had a "thanks" button, so many of you guys/gals are so helpful. Please keep the battery tips flowing since I think the MFLB is simple to figure out, but the battery scene is not.

upriver,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
chucku said:
HSD = high self discharge and need to be used within a couple of months of charging.

Aloha chucku, my turn ;)

My reading says within a few days the charge of HSD batteries has dropped considerably, and they should be used within weeks, not months. I keep saying that for most LB users, the shelf life won't be an issue so go HSD. Magic-Flight delivers Imedions (LSD) because they are the simpler of the two to manage, and also they can be shipped charged.

Everything else you said is dead on.

Edited because I can't type even when I'm straight

pakalolo,

sadf

In another thread I posted this:

I've looked into the MFLB and it honestly looks like a pain in the ass to use with the batteries. It apparently also doesn't hit very hard and looks near-impossible to clean. The size is not an asset to me so despite the hype I'm not really sold on it.

And was promptly informed that I have been misinformed about this device. From what read I did on the MFLB when I first heard of it the thing sounded like a decent ultra-portable that nonetheless wasn't as efficient, effective or convenient as even a VG. Batteries honestly sound like a way bigger pain in the ass than a butane lighter in addition to being more costly.

Yet this thing has a gigantic thread dedicated to it, it must be awesome. I don't get it. :p

sadf,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
sadf said:

I've looked into the MFLB and it honestly looks like a pain in the ass to use with the batteries. It apparently also doesn't hit very hard and looks near-impossible to clean. The size is not an asset to me so despite the hype I'm not really sold on it.

And was promptly informed that I have been misinformed about this device. From what read I did on the MFLB when I first heard of it the thing sounded like a decent ultra-portable that nonetheless wasn't as efficient, effective or convenient as even a VG. Batteries honestly sound like a way bigger pain in the ass than a butane lighter in addition to being more costly.

Yet this thing has a gigantic thread dedicated to it, it must be awesome. I don't get it. :p

Try it out for a week... I think you'll "get it" then. :brow:

Stu,

lwien

Wolface said:
Where are the new Eneloop XX 2500mah? I think will just wait for them.

Won't be released until December and will be released in Europe first. Don't know when they will be released in the US.

lwien,

slurpeejerky711

so i ordered my mflb on monday, lets hope i get it today, has anyone within the states ordered from vapeworld and recived a package on the third day after placing an order?

i cant wait to start using the mflb again, funny thing is, i also have my 2nd PD coming in the mail hopefully within the next week :brow:

hey last question, does anyone know if it is possible to put some very little amount of concentrate, like a wax on top of a bed of herb? i obviously would not let the wax or oil touch the screen at all during the sesh? i might try doing 1 or 2 hits with wax on top in the mflb and then take it out and throw it in a bowl

any tips?

slurpeejerky711,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
slurpeejerky711 said:
so i ordered my mflb on monday, lets hope i get it today, has anyone within the states ordered from vapeworld and recived a package on the third day after placing an order?

i cant wait to start using the mflb again, funny thing is, i also have my 2nd PD coming in the mail hopefully within the next week :brow:

hey last question, does anyone know if it is possible to put some very little amount of concentrate, like a wax on top of a bed of herb? i obviously would not let the wax or oil touch the screen at all during the sesh? i might try doing 1 or 2 hits with wax on top in the mflb and then take it out and throw it in a bowl

any tips?

I wouldn't only because you need to mix up the herb in the box quite often. That would be tough with wax unless you didn't mind messing up the screen a little. Try some kief instead. It adds a nice kick and doesn't make a mess. Whatever you do, don't put wand hash in there. It makes an awful mess and I'm still kicking myself for trying it.

Stu,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
sadf said:

Hi sadf, thanks for moving.

Don't get me wrong, I think your choice of the Lotus is a good one, but I hate to see misunderstandings about the LB. Please don't think I'm trying to pick a fight. I'm hoping I can re-educate you, not argue with you. The LB isn't for everybody and you might be one of those who should look elsewhere.

I can't say whether you'd find the batteries a pain to deal with, but I can say it is simply not an issue for me and many others. A lot of owners start out with the same assumption and are delighted to discover that their fears were ungrounded. I could easily get by with two batteries and the stock charger. If you are a really heavy user then perhaps juggling batteries might be a nuisance, but the average user shouldn't really find batteries to be a problem.

Not sure why you'd think batteries would be more costly. The best batteries for the LB are about $12 for four, and they'll last several months at least. I don't use butane, but as I understand it that's about two cans worth. I don't think two cans of butane will last several months. Now, if you buy a top-of-the-line charger then yes, that will set you back a few bucks but a) it's a one-time cost, and b) you don't have to do that. The charger that comes with the LB is perfectly adequate.

The LB can hit as hard as you like provided you learn proper technique. This is not difficult and is no different from many other vaporizers. You can produce anything from thin, almost invisible vapours up to thick clouds, and even combustion. I don't know where you got your impression, but I know that an experienced user can show you how to get whatever you like.

I have difficulty imagining an easier device to clean. The design means there is virtually no condensation. Unless you use materials that it is not designed for, i.e. oil or anything that melts, the screen does not accumulate build-up. It does change colour a little, but that's all. To clean it you simply use a drop of ISO and heat it with an empty trench for 30-45 seconds. This is not needed frequently, certainly nowhere near as frequently as, say, cleaning my Extreme and its pieces.

As for efficiency, if you look at a few other threads you'll see that most users rank it among the best. I use about .1g in a trench and I will get 25-30 good hits from it. (I've counted several times to be sure about this.) I don't know what the VG can do but I would be really surprised if it came even close. Convenience: it goes where you go, it's completely noiseless, no flame or lighter to give away what you're doing, odorless unless you exhale a lot of vapour, nearly instant warmup and cool down. What else do you want?

By all means get a Lotus, but almost everything you said about the LB goes against the experience of most of the posters in this thread. I'm not sure where you got your information, but I believe it's wrong on nearly every point.

pakalolo,

SmokingElectricity

finally stepped up to the plate and ordered one of these today for a trip next week. got mine from puffitup. i like his site because if you have a question you can just ask him right there on AIM. also he ships really fast. can't wait to try it out at the movies this weekend. :cool:

SmokingElectricity,

Walter White

Stu said:
Walter White said:
I have an MFLB and a 2 piece Space Case on its way. Too bad my t-break lasts until December.

If you're on a t-break until December, why would you tempt yourself with a brand new LB? I wouldn't be able to resist. :brow:

You were right. I ended my t-break last night after a decent 2 weeks. Watching my friend try my MFLB out inside his apartment with no one else home was too much to watch. I am extremely satisfied with the ease of use (1 hand operation is easy and natural) and I pretty much view this thing as the first weed inhaler. I was, however, surprised at how different a vaping high is when compared to a smoking high. It's just more clear and less "slow/couchlocky". I'm not convinced that its preferable to me right now. But I know it would be preferable if I was around lots of people or wanted to stealthily vape around people. I would feel confident around anyone because the high is so clear. Also, the lack of smell is amazing. Bathroom stall sessions would be extremely easy, anywhere. You just can't combust anywhere like you can with an MFLB.

Walter White,

fuckyourcouch

Got money out the ass no homo but i'm rich
When it comes to getting the 'wand hash' out of the supplied tube that comes out of the MFLB what is the easiest most efficient way?

I heard blowing it onto a wad of toilet paper at the end works?

I also heard using rubbing alcohol gets all of it, but i also heard this is a pain in the ass?

Thanks

fuckyourcouch,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Glad you are enjoying your new LB Walter. The high from vaping is definitely different than combusting. Then first time I tried vaping, I wasn't impressed. But when my coughing from combusting got to be a problem, vaping was the only answer if I wanted to continue to use. After a week of only vaping, I not only couldn't tolerate the smell or taste of combusting, I also enjoyed the high of vaping more. I just needed to get used to the transition.

I think you will find the LB to be a handy tool in the transition over to vaping. Because it can vape at higher temps, depending on your draw speed, and the similarity to pipe smoking in method, it might be an easy transition. It certainly is a stealthy way to ingest! Enjoy! ;)

momofthegoons,
Top Bottom