george

2EZ said:
Yoooo what's up FC, I'm new to the forum.... I just got my MFLB and this little piece of wood is the shit, best thing since sliced bread....but I have a few questions mainly about the batteries and charger...

1. It came with the sanyo "quick" charger, not very quick cause I think it's a 4 hour charger but I was wondering me and a friend had a quick sesh the other day, only one trench, and we both got fairly high...how do I no when that batteries dead and does it have to be completely dead to charge it?

2. How do I no when the batteries are fully charged? And will the charger recongnize that the batteries are fully charged and stop charging them or just trickle charge them?

3. With the sanyo charger can I charge one battery at a time or does it need 2 batteries to begin charging?

4. What if I have one battery that is completely dead and another that I only used for like 5 hits but I want to charge both, will the sanyo charger reconize them as two seperate batteries and not overcharge the one that might be like half full?

Sorry for all the questions I haven't needed to charge my batteries (I have 4 of whatever the box comes with these days?) yet so I haven't experimented withthe sanyo charger and I want to no exactly what I'm doin so I don't damage my batteries.. I hope someone has the sanyo quick charger like me, I can't find any info on it...

1. You'll know they're dead once they dont turn on the light inside the box. Sometimes i recharge mine before this happens, your supposed to completely drain them though.

2. I dont have the same charger, mine has a light that blinks while charging, when they're charged it stops blinking.

3. You should be able to find that out from someone with the same charger, i think its been answered in here though

4. ^^

george,

vapirtoo

Yo Devo,
Could it be that YOU like hitting up the lighter and using your VG.
Everyone has different needs and tastes. If you like it, than enough
said. :lol: :lol:
It is interesting that you have two of the best portable vapes around.
Good insights and observations, your posts are always informative,
and maybe I should give that VG a try..... nah I'm an
LB looney.
yo 2eze
I have the sanyo twin and one or two batts can be charged.
This simple charger will only recognize the fully charged batt
and then turn off. Your batts should be quite dead before
using the sanyo.

vapirtoo,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
CarltonBanks said:
How about airports?

Anybody take their LB with them on a flight?

Yes. It's described earlier in this thread. Some FC members took a really dim view of that.

pakalolo,

2EZ

vapirtoo said:
Yo Devo,
Could it be that YOU like hitting up the lighter and using your VG.
Everyone has different needs and tastes. If you like it, than enough
said. :lol: :lol:
It is interesting that you have two of the best portable vapes around.
Good insights and observations, your posts are always informative,
and maybe I should give that VG a try..... nah I'm an
LB looney.
yo 2eze
I have the sanyo twin and one or two batts can be charged.
This simple charger will only recognize the fully charged batt
and then turn off. Your batts should be quite dead before
using the sanyo.

Thanks man, that's pretty much all I wanted to know, I just really stretched my question out....haha
oh and how do I no when it's done charging?

I'm not sure I'm too happy with a 4 hour charger so what do you guys think is the best charger that's available at say a best buy or radio shack, not online......preferably 1 hour or less charger

2EZ,

SecretStoner

Hey guys,

I'd like to talk about the MFLB i just received in the mail. I dont know if i have a defective unit, or if i just misused it perhaps, or if maybe the herb was just too leafy for the device....

I got home, and saw that i had received my MFLB. it came in about 3 days from vapeworld. I also ordered some NuVape cleaner with it.

Ground up some pretty leafy herb and loaded my MFLB as according to the instructions. The instructions on the paper that come with it say to start inhaling immediately. However, a lot of youtube videos and things i've read on here and from others say let the light stay on for a few seconds, or until you see some vapor, and then inhale slowly. I tried both methods. The first was a little airy, so i figured maybe the heat wasnt enough and maybe i did need to leave it in for a few seconds. I tried again, and got a decent hit waiting about 3 seconds. half of the herb was getting black, even after shaking, and the other half was still bright green mixed within. Shake shake shake. I proceeded to place the battery back in, giving it a little twist, and making sure to hold it in since i have the resistance ring installed. i let it heat for i would say.....4-8 seconds. Maybe a bit too long, but i wouldnt think a matter of a couple seconds would have let what happened next ...well..happen. The bowl caught on fire and filled with smoke extremely fast. I opened it up quickly and dumped the herb. The inside of the screen didnt tear or anything, but it definitely burnt. Theres a huge black spot on the bottom of the trench where it was burning. I tried cleaning it with nuvape but i believe its permanantly discolored now. Nothing on the box itself, just the screen.

Is this a normal occurance? is it possible for this thing to catch more leafy herbs on fire? I wouldnt think waiting 8ish seconds before an inhale catch it on fire, and it makes me think that if any more vaped, more leafy herb is going to have chance of catching and ruining my wonderful new device!

Luckily the device is still operable, and ive been only waiting about 1-2 seconds before starting my inhale on the device. That or not waiting at all. My second bowl pack was a much more pleasant experience and the thing is great!

as far as stealth, its super small, and super easy to transport. I have an iolite, and i'd say that this thing blows it out of the water on heat up, ease of use, portability, and stealth. The only part that makes it a little less stealthy is that the battery sticks out a damn lot, and holding the battery in while sucking on the thing makes it look like you're holding the carb on a pipe, thus, making it look like your sucking on a pipe, just minus the lighter.

Overall, so far, i'd recommend the piece to someone else, but i'd love to see a new version in the future from the makers - and also hoping that i dont have any more COMBUSTION.

...because... well.... fuck combustion.

SS

SecretStoner,

chewyrails

There seems to be agreeance among LB users that LBs have more of a kick when they are brand new, and that they mellow a bit after a couple of months. Yours is brand new, and it gets hotter faster than mellowed boxes. It's a good idea to try doing the LB's vaping procedure slightly faster for a little while until you know exactly how your box works. You can adjust your speed later, if it seems you're doing it all too quickly and not getting enough out of it. Going too fast is better than going too slow, because going too slow can cause combustin. Basically err on the side of caution until you're really familiar with your LB. Should only take a few days or a week.

A lot of people have the "black edges and green middle" problem at first. It happens because the herb isn't ground fine enough.

I don't know what Nuvape is, but MF recommends 1 small drop of isopropyl from an eye-dropper onto the screen. Then let it dry. You can also open the LB cover and put a freshly charged battery in for 30 seconds or so to burn off anything that's stuck to the screen. Then brush out any remaining material.

Your LB screen may be permanently discoloured, but it won't affect the LB's function.

Try holding the LB with battery inserted in an overhand fashion. Cupping over it from side to side, holding the battery in and the LB with one hand. From even a short distance, it just looks like you're yawning.

CR
:peace:

chewyrails,

beefsupreme

Vicki said:
When I originally got my Launch Box, it occurred to me that no light bulb was meant to last forever, not even the light in this box. I decided then that it would be a good idea not to rely on the light, but more on the feel of the vapor, and the box getting hot. I was glad I knew how to do this when the light on the newer LB didn't work properly. :) .

Came to post on that problem and theres already lots of answers .. thanks all. It does seem to work normally when the lights flickers off after a few seconds. I originally wondered if it was a battery problem.. glad its not. I've just started trying the box natively after using the stem a few weeks. its a bit hotter but isn't bad. the wood has a nice texture to it also :)

beefsupreme,

beefsupreme

chewyrails said:
Try holding the LB with battery inserted in an overhand fashion. Cupping over it from side to side, holding the battery in and the LB with one hand. From even a short distance, it just looks like you're yawning.

This is what i've been doing and it works perfectly - the pressure from your palm pushes in the battery. puff puff yawn and no ones the wiser. As for the stealth I took a few rips while sitting at the back of a streetcar today beside an open window. no one the wiser. Its not odourless though so i wouldn't go using it where there isn't ventilation...

beefsupreme,

torres09

MAHA C9000 arrived this morning. Currently breaking in some Powerex 2700.

Hopefully my MFLB arrives tomorrow or early next week.

torres09,

VejgaardCity

Hello guys,

Just bought the MFLB, and it is awesome.
One question doh', how well does the Launch Box handle crack cocain?

VejgaardCity,

TwztedVaper

Boom Shankar
Just got my replacement MFLB and it works perfectly! It's the new version with the rings. Btw has anyone noticed that there is a slight indentation in the new version near that metal thing that holds the plexiglass cover down, is it to let a little bit of fresh air in the screen area?

TwztedVaper,

wolf torn

VejgaardCity said:
Hello guys,

hope your kidding

wolf torn,

george

VejgaardCity said:
Hello guys,

hahhahaa, is this question against the rules?

I must say, it's an interesting one. It made me wonder how dmt would work in the box

george,

VivaSativa

B. said:
So I've recently discovered the joy of BHO, which if you haven't made yet you need to. I know hash is not supposed to work in the box, but I've vaped a total of .3 or so of BHO over the course of ~10 dabs. The screen is slightly discolored where I put the dabs, but it's not clogged or anything. No negative impact on the screen.

Has anyone else tried BHO in their box? It's cool that it works, but no matter what I do all the bho vapes up in one hit. I want a way to put a
good amount of BHO in my trench but be able to hit it a few times, but every time I heat the trench the whole dab always vaporizes.
I put a dab of BHO in my faulty Box (runs a bit cool), didn't wanna risk my good one http://img689.imageshack.us/i/lbbho1.jpg/. I don't know the weight of the oil I put in, but it was about two drops, one in the bottom of the screen and one wound up sticking to the side of the screen.
Took a hit, got tasty yet harsh vapor that got me high, and the drops I put there looked almost unharmed.. Took another hit and there was still a big amount... http://img208.imageshack.us/i/lbbho2.jpg/
Took maybe 10 hits during the day, until it stopped giving vapor, and left a discoloration on the screen. I don't know if it it's just cosmetic or has an effect on the LB as I don't use that Box with weed (it doesn't get it brown).

Has anyone tried budder/wax in the LB?

VivaSativa,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
Boxes got here yesterday with a bunch of free goodies from puff it up. Was tricky for the first trench or 2, but got it more or less dialed now. I find its too hot for me without the stem but that might be because i havent quite got the right draw speed yet. It doesnt seem to really produce huge clouds of vapour, but i was definately ripped, no douubt about it. I think its a higher temp high than with my extreme, but its a nice change. It is also quite efficient weed wise, which is always a plus. I can definately see me needing to upgrade the charger and batts here soon, but the ones included get the job done for now.

PS love smokin crack in my LB!!! :ko:

Edit: your pictures hurt my eyes....

Mr. Smoke No More,

wolf torn

Cheers man, Enjoy!

need to make sure your bud is ground very fine and have it dry, you can get very thick vapor hits if wanted

but in general I use the LB without much vis vapor. Cause I use it on the go during the day and like low temp hits anyways....then i go home and revape it if needed

wolf torn,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
beefsupreme said:
Vicki said:
When I originally got my Launch Box, it occurred to me that no light bulb was meant to last forever, not even the light in this box. I decided then that it would be a good idea not to rely on the light, but more on the feel of the vapor, and the box getting hot. I was glad I knew how to do this when the light on the newer LB didn't work properly. :) .

Came to post on that problem and theres already lots of answers .. thanks all. It does seem to work normally when the lights flickers off after a few seconds. I originally wondered if it was a battery problem.. glad its not. I've just started trying the box natively after using the stem a few weeks. its a bit hotter but isn't bad. the wood has a nice texture to it also :)

Good to know it's not an isolated problem.

I think my new 2700 MAH Powerex batteries might have been damaged by my old Powerex charger. After a break in cycle in the C9000 charger, they all only averaged 2300-2500 MAH. :(

I guess I'll have to throw out the old charger. I hate wasting money, darnit. :(

This is the old charger I was using. http://www.thomasdistributing.com/s...html?SP_id=&osCsid=a98rm8a91donrsllit8gi3gna7

Vicki,

sundaddy

TwztedElegance said:
Just got my replacement MFLB and it works perfectly! It's the new version with the rings. Btw has anyone noticed that there is a slight indentation in the new version near that metal thing that holds the plexiglass cover down, is it to let a little bit of fresh air in the screen area?

Did not notice the "valley" until now, I was wondering where all that extra air flow was coming from. That's one of the great things about MF, always on a quest to make it better.

sundaddy,

VejgaardCity

lowfront said:
VejgaardCity said:
Hello guys,

hope your kidding

Chill dude, ofcouse I am kidding. Havent received mine yet, but I am looking forward to it. Guess it takes more than 7 days from the states to DK.

Later dudes!

VejgaardCity,

madroxinide

Mr. Smoke No More said:
Boxes got here yesterday with a bunch of free goodies from puff it up. Was tricky for the first trench or 2, but got it more or less dialed now. I find its too hot for me without the stem but that might be because i havent quite got the right draw speed yet. It doesnt seem to really produce huge clouds of vapour, but i was definately ripped, no douubt about it. I think its a higher temp high than with my extreme, but its a nice change. It is also quite efficient weed wise, which is always a plus. I can definately see me needing to upgrade the charger and batts here soon, but the ones included get the job done for now.

PS love smokin crack in my LB!!! :ko:

Edit: your pictures hurt my eyes....

When did you order from PuffItUp?
I ordered on Sept 4th but still haven't received my box.
:(

madroxinide,

max

Out to lunch
Vicki said:
I guess I'll have to throw out the old charger. I hate wasting money, darnit.
It has a one yr. warranty Vicki. If you got it from Thomas Dist., I would think they'd take care of it for you.

max,
Top Bottom