unzari

lol thanks for the reply pakolo

i just now almost did the same thing: coughed for a few seconds before realising it was percolating. come to think of it, getting one of those wee things from blissville might be a good idea (cheers hemp;)goofy8cheerio)

unzari,

2clicker

Observer
where can one find a good price on a MFLB?

arent there some coupon codes floatin around here somewhere.....?

2clicker,

ReevesAve

Hey Guys, this is my first post, so i'd like to introduce myself and say what's up! Thanks for the wealth of info you guys have provided. First in steering me towards the magic flight and then in having countless tips to help out and have it working at it's best. ;)

I have had the magic flight now for almost three weeks and am extremely satisfied. I have just one concern. It seems that as i vape throughout the day, my throat becomes dry, and towards the end of the day irritated.(I don't cough after hits, as ive learned the diff draw speeds etc...) I was wondering if any of you guys have the same experience or you think i'm doing something wrong? I've learned plenty of draw techniques, and still have a bit of a sore throat regardless of bigger or small hits. Is there anything i can do to avoid throat dryness and irritation?

I thought that maybe my throat is just sore or i am sick, but i feel fine most of the day. I smoked out of a bong for the first time in a little while this weekend, a custom piece that hit like champ, and had no irritation or coughing.

Thanks for your input guys.

ReevesAve,

VapeArts

Lucid Dreamer
ReevesAve said:
I have had the magic flight now for almost three weeks and am extremely satisfied. I have just one concern. It seems that as i vape throughout the day, my throat becomes dry, and towards the end of the day irritated.(I don't cough after hits, as ive learned the diff draw speeds etc...) I was wondering if any of you guys have the same experience or you think i'm doing something wrong? I've learned plenty of draw techniques, and still have a bit of a sore throat regardless of bigger or small hits. Is there anything i can do to avoid throat dryness and irritation?

Thanks for your input guys.
I know some users are combining the LB with their bongs. That would probably help but not if you're out and about. I find that there being such a short distance between the heat source and my throat can lead to the the symptoms you describe. I've found that using the whip, which you can order from Blissville, helps cool down the vape a bit and that seems to help me. You can also use the whip to connect to a bong from what I've read.

VapeArts,

VivaSativa

ReevesAve said:
I kinda get that too, I just drink a lot after vaping/between hits.. When I'm vaping I drink about 2 liters a day, when I'm not I drink about 1.. ;)
I think it's just the warm dry vapor parches the throat, and you needa wet it a bit.. Taking a hit through a bong would probably help as mentioned.
I also think that it's less bad if I hit it native and not with the short stem, but I still prefer the short stem.

VivaSativa,

magiclight

Fuck Combustion
magicflight said:
magiclight said:
... overview information about how the Magicflight works. ... the MagicFlight works as the result of shorting a battery...
A couple of technical corrections -- 1) it is not a "short" per se -- just a fairly low resistance. Electrically and physically the difference is *very* important. We do NOT recommend that anyone attempt to "do this at home" and actually short the battery -- severe battery damage will result and it will likely be useless thereafter!

2) Most of those other versions were exploring other physical principles for vaporization. Only the last 4 or so versions had the current electrical configuration. We explored, flame with catalyst, various forms of indirect heating, solar, IR, etc, in many different configurations. This accounts for a large number of those other versions. The lessons learned from all of these have been incorporated into the current version.

-- Magic-Flight
Thank you for that! All those years of work is something everyone should know about as the MagicFlight is deceptively simple. I had read the 63 different versions comment somewhere and I never imagined you tried - like - EVERYTHING! I will visit the MagicFlight museum when it is ready! I want to see the solar one and the IR one - but especially the solar one!!!:ko:

magiclight,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Just spent the day walking around downtown Pittsburgh hittin the LB. Stealth. Need a new connection in town tho, my guy is an asshole haha

JDSupreme,

piz0wn

What's up FC community! New users here.. I am on the verge of FINALLY ordering the MFLB after many months of hesitation. After two close encounters with two different rent-a-cops I am finally ready to order. I told myself if I get a 'B' in my Calc III class I would order one and so now it is time! Before I hit submit however I had a couple of questions:

- I have 4 AA Duracell batteries (blacktops, > 2000 NiMH). Will these cut it?
- On blissville they have the *no charger* kit.. does this simply mean it comes with no charger? If so, what about the batteries? Can they be charged using my current charger?
- Any other recommendations to go with the LB?

Hey thanks in advance guys!

piz0wn,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
piz0wn: Congratulations on your new little friend! I predict an extremely happy relationship.

I'm not familiar with Duracell blacktops, I thought they only made coppertops. Whatever they are, for the LB you need NiMH rechargeables, more than 2000 mAh, and the labels have to be removed. If those Duracells are NiMH rechargeables then you can peel them and use them.

In general you can use any recharger but in the past Magicflight has warned that Radio Shack rechargers can mess up batteries other than their own brand, and for that reason he recommends against them.

I know you didn't ask this, but I'll throw it in anyway. Concerning quantity of batteries: I have eight peeled at the moment, but I have never found myself in a situation where four would not have been enough, and I'm using a 4-hour charger. That includes a five day road trip. In fact, on the trip I never went below two batteries fully charged.

I recommend using a good grinder. The LB works best with finely ground material. For my Extreme, a lot of the time I used to skip grinding and break it up with my fingers. That worked well enough for the Ex, but once I got the LB I discovered even the grinder I had wasn't good enough. (Well, it worked but I knew it wasn't working as well as it could.) I immediately went out and got a better grinder and I've been in LB heaven ever since.

pakalolo,

Trakteur

Hello guys, It's been around a month and a half now that I own my dear LB, and I'm loving it so much. I read this thread very often and I didn't see that much talk about chargers.

Here is (maybe) my problem : When I charge my batteries (any of the 4 I ordered with my launch box), they reload normally and on the charger's screen it says ''Full''. But once it seemed almost too fast for a 2 hour charger to me and I removed the batteries from the charger to put them back after. When I re-plugged my charger, they were only 2/3 full and they went back to charging. Is it normal or my charger has some kind of trouble?

Trakteur,

piz0wn

pakalolo said:
piz0wn:

I'm not familiar with Duracell blacktops, I thought they only made coppertops. Whatever they are, for the LB you need NiMH rechargeables, more than 2000 mAh, and the labels have to be removed. If those Duracells are NiMH rechargeables then you can peel them and use them.
Ahh yes I peeled my Duracells earlier today and noticed the tops were Black. From what I've read the blacktops are made in China whereas the whitetops are made in Japan. Not too sure what the difference is (they work so I really don't give it a second thought). Thanks for the extra info though! I am planning on ordering tonight.. no charger kit perhaps.

Another thing, does Magic Flight plan on releasing a newer model anytime soon? I don't want to play the waiting game for a new model but I don't want to order one now and have a 'newer' model will be released?

piz0wn,

wolf torn

Trakteur said:
Hello guys, It's been around a month and a half now that I own my dear LB, and I'm loving it so much. I read this thread very often and I didn't see that much talk about chargers.

Here is (maybe) my problem : When I charge my batteries (any of the 4 I ordered with my launch box), they reload normally and on the charger's screen it says ''Full''. But once it seemed almost too fast for a 2 hour charger to me and I removed the batteries from the charger to put them back after. When I re-plugged my charger, they were only 2/3 full and they went back to charging. Is it normal or my charger has some kind of trouble?
If you have the money

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ies+++Chargers-_-Maha+Energy+Corp.-_-17355012

Well worth it knowing your batteries are always TOP NOTCH ready to go. Freaking love this charger with my LB batts

When I first got the LB I was very dissapointed but it wasn't with the LB it was with the charger...

poor charge battries = poor LB performance

wolf torn,

george

lowfront said:
Trakteur said:

If you have the money

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ies+++Chargers-_-Maha+Energy+Corp.-_-17355012
sick

I can see it now......Deluxe LaunchBox kit *Featuring the POWEREX MH-C9000 Charger

george,

KaiserChillum

Hey guys

Long time lurker, but I've been vapin since last spring and while I still smoke every so often (for nostalgia's sake) I'm pretty much content with my LB! Bought it on a whim a while back and it helped get rid of my cough from smoking.

Just a quick question, I recently recieved a new LB from warranty after my old LB fell and the window/door cracked off. However, I noticed that vapor stopped developing on the new LB, so I went back to my old one (used a rubberband so that the window will keep sealed). I was inspecting the new LB and I notice that there is a a tear in the steel mesh right at the "cliff" where the trench begins, and I'm guessing some product might have got in there to interfere with the IR heat plates. The LED does turn on with a fully charged battery, but little to no vapor is produced.

I'd feel bad to RMA the LB again, but I'd really like to be using a fully functional product, you guys have any suggestions?

KaiserChillum,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Kaiser, unfortunately if your screen is ripped you'll have to either contact Magic Flight for a replacement box, email pix & your serial number also OR buy another box.

I would strongly say that only the brush that comes with the kit should be used to clean the box. The box is awesome but the screen is delicate - it can last a very long time but need to be careful with the screen.

I had a screen that wouldn't stay in the groove and received my replacement box, I totally understand your point about feeling guilty - I already bought another because I can't imagine MF having to keep RMA'ing boxes for the rest of my life - I VAPE :D

I have looked at that Powerex charger at least a dozen times... One of these days! I will say the charger and batts I received with my newest box blows the old charger out the water. Battery function improved with the new box and new batts. Magic Flight is constantly improving!

Lo,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Lo said:
I have looked at that Powerex charger at least a dozen times... One of these days! I will say the charger and batts I received with my newest box blows the old charger out the water. Battery function improved with the new box and new batts. Magic Flight is constantly improving!
This is the Powerex charger I have, is it the one you were looking to get?

http://www.thomasdistributing.com/s...html?SP_id=&osCsid=a98rm8a91donrsllit8gi3gna7

I recently purchased an 8 pack of Powerex batteries, and they seem to work much better with the Powerex charger. I only had to use one battery all day long, and I was able to get several trenches from it. These are the best batteries I've used with my Launch Box, so far, and I've tried several brands, including the ones that originally came with the LB.

http://www.thomasdistributing.com/s...html?SP_id=&osCsid=a98rm8a91donrsllit8gi3gna7

Vicki,

NSXTACY420

I recommend the MAHA Powerex MH-C800S its got 8 independent spots for double As and it charges 8 in 2 hours or 4 in 1 hour. And it conditions the batteries as well. I never run out of batteries....

NSXTACY420,

B.

War Criminal
So I've recently discovered the joy of BHO, which if you haven't made yet you need to. I know hash is not supposed to work in the box, but I've vaped a total of .3 or so of BHO over the course of ~10 dabs. The screen is slightly discolored where I put the dabs, but it's not clogged or anything. No negative impact on the screen.

Has anyone else tried BHO in their box? It's cool that it works, but no matter what I do all the bho vapes up in one hit. I want a way to put a
good amount of BHO in my trench but be able to hit it a few times, but every time I heat the trench the whole dab always vaporizes.

B.,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Incredible. Magic-Flight offers (and honors!) a lifetime warranty, no questions asked. It's the best I've ever seen. We know from this forum how conscientious they are about their warranty. This is a policy that just begs to be abused, yet here's a couple of posters saying that they feel bad about asking for warranty replacements!

That's just so backwards from the normal world. Reading the posts from KaiserChillum and Lo this morning has put a big smile on my face and reassured my faith in humanity. I thank you for it. I love you guys!

(I haven't even hit the LB yet just in case you think I'm blasted.)

pakalolo,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
pakalolo said:
Incredible. Magic-Flight offers (and honors!) a lifetime warranty, no questions asked. It's the best I've ever seen. We know from this forum how conscientious they are about their warranty. This is a policy that just begs to be abused, yet here's a couple of posters saying that they feel bad about asking for warranty replacements!

That's just so backwards from the normal world. Reading the posts from KaiserChillum and Lo this morning has put a big smile on my face and reassured my faith in humanity. I thank you for it. I love you guys!

(I haven't even hit the LB yet just in case you think I'm blasted.)
Its that respect we all have for such a wonderful product. My occasional vapes have basically gone retired. I was planning on getting a log vape right after I ordered my LB but i'm in no hurry now.

Lo said:
I would strongly say that only the brush that comes with the kit should be used to clean the box. The box is awesome but the screen is delicate - it can last a very long time but need to be careful with the screen.
Walmart sells a 6 pack of little makeup brushes for $1.98 that are softer than the kit's brush. It's also has a wee little one for those tough to reach spots haha

JDSupreme,

Geeza

Well I got my FB last friday just intime for a camping trip. Disaster struck again as it rained .. some plonker with an attitude would not serve a snake bite on site and then I found that I had forgotten the filling chamber for my Volcano!!!! I nearly went home!!!

So FB to the rescue????

Well I am a heavy!!!! Volc user....once its turned on then its on prettyu constant all eve. so the FB was put through its paces.. I find that when you get the draw correct its fine.however i feel that there is no where as much vap with the same amount of herb as the volc and the hits are no where as thick!!

Batteries!!!!!!!! OMG it eats them!!!!!!!!!!! there is an issue with spares.. If i strip all the coating off then i cant get a connection.If i strip only half then i do get a commection its as if they are too small when completeley stripped.. Any one else??

Thanks

NB it does the trick after a while and is a saviour at 70 and cheper than some others I am not allowed to mention that dont work!!!!!

Geeza,
Top Bottom