pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
audiodelic: Interesting link. I got a good chuckle out of the comment that "it comes in at a whopping $100." That has to be from someone who's never priced a Volcano. Even a Volcano pays itself back after a couple of oz, though.

The deceptive simplicity of the LB might be the most impressive thing about it to me. I've probably said this already, but the LB is a superb example of elegant design.

pakalolo,

chewyrails

I feel that using the LB in a plane is riskier than using it in other places or situations because a plane is a confined space, and you have nowhere to go if the cat gets out of the bag.

If you stop in a washroom at a busy mall (or some place similar), hit the LB, and leave, you blend in with hundreds of people who pass through the mall and the washroom throughout a day. If you hit the LB on a plane, and someone gets some indication of what's up, there's nowhere to go and no way to dispose of the LB and herb. You can't blend in. You're in a small place that you can't get out of, with a specific number of other people, and a seat/ticket in your name, and the LB and herb in your possession.

While people may be very certain that they are not letting out any odour/vapour on exhale or that nobody will even notice that they're doing something "different," there is always a possiblity that someone is going to smell it or become suspicious for some other reason. It is in no way a sure thing that every hit you take in every circumstance is going to be odour/suspicion free.

I think that hitting the LB on a plane is probably the most dangerous place to do it because of all the reasons I listed above, plus the important fact that security policies are very strict on planes. In order to find a similarly dangerous place to use the LB on the ground, you'd have to go to a police station or military base or something of that nature, and even those places might be safer than a plane because buildings are usually more airy and less enclosed than a plane. Depending on the number of stops and the ability (or inability) to open windows, I would place a train and a bus behind a plane as the most dangerous places to use the LB, but with the ability to open a window and more frequent stops (where you can get off, if need be), trains and buses are definitely less risky than a plane.

Now, aside from everything I've said above, there is also the cost-benefit analysis. By that I mean, do the positives of using the LB on a plane (being medicated for the plane trip) really outweigh the negatives that would come with being caught doing it? These negatives are much more negative than being high on a plane is positive. The negative repercussions of being caught affect the user who gets caught, but also LB users in general, as the LB becomes recognized by air travel security. If one person gets caught using the LB on a plane, then the rest of us might not even be able to get ours through security.

I just don't believe that being stoned for a flight is so important that it's worth all the negative risk.

My belief about keeping the LB stealthy is that when you have to option to be even a little more inconspicuous (with little effort), it's probably a good idea. If you have the option of stepping into a public washroom (or some other kind of alcove) instead of doing it directly in front of someone who could conceivably ask what you're doing, it's probably preferable to seclude yourself in some way.

I think walking just 5 feet to go around a corner to get away from a more public/high traffic area is a good idea. I'm not saying that we need to be as protective and secretive as possible, seeking out the most private and secluded place you can find (the way you might if you were trying to find the type of secluded area you'd need if you wanted to combust).

I'm not suggesting that people go through extrodinary efforts to conceal it. I'm suggesting that when all it takes is a minimal effort to draw less attention, then maybe we should put in that minimal effort, rather than being blatant/brazen about hitting the LB.

I'm saying that if we have the option to draw less attention to ourselves with relative ease (moving a short distance to lessen chances of being caught), it is a good idea. I think a 30-60 second walk to a more isolated area is better than right in front of people's faces, because 30-60 seconds just isn't that much, and it's a small price to pay to ensure that nothing bad happens.

:peace:
CR

chewyrails,

Geeza

Hi there.. I am looking at purchasing a portable vap. I own a volcano and it is great!!.. I need to go portable now and am looking at the LB. Question is... are there any places that I should NOT buy from as I have recently had a bad experiance with a company and there gteee.

Am I ok purchasing from ebay??

thanks in advance

Geeza,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Just because it may be POSSIBLE to use the LB on a plane doesn't mean you should do it. Come on anyone with that dank knows you can't even open the bag without stinking up the room.

JDSupreme,

Noisy Gnome

Vapester
Geeza said:
Hi there.. I am looking at purchasing a portable vap. I own a volcano and it is great!!.. I need to go portable now and am looking at the LB. Question is... are there any places that I should NOT buy from as I have recently had a bad experiance with a company and there gteee.

Am I ok purchasing from ebay??

thanks in advance
I bought mine from Vapeworld using the FC discount code. It was the cheapest choice for me about a month ago. I would feel safe buying from Ebay too though you'll want to make sure it is cheaper than retailer+code.

FYI: Warehousegoodsonline on Ebay == Vapeworld (I've bought stuff from both and trust them)

I'm a 'Cano owner too and the MFLB was my second Vape ever. It will be different than what your used to but you will be happy with it I think.

Noisy Gnome,

Noisy Gnome

Vapester
Furiouslyfapping said:
Vicki said:
It only takes a minute to slip into a public restroom, and vap in a stall. (handicap stalls work best) That way no one has to see, but you can still vap when you need it. :)
This is true, but take smaller hits than usual (wait 5 seconds to inhale, inhale for 5-10 seconds, then hold it in for 20.) This way nobody will be able to smell it, I've found that people smell it really easily if you take a 20 second hit or so and can't absorb it all into your lungs. If you don't see vapor, but taste it, you're doing it right.
You can take 20 second hits???:o

If I did that I would cause a fire in my LB for sure! Is that not normal?:uhoh:

The way I use it is:

1) Insert Batttery and observe hole until I see Vapor (4-6 seconds)
2) Count to 7 as I am pulling (sometimes I use the micor hitting technique sometimes just a long slow draw)
3) Pull out battery and take a couple hard pulls to clear it.
4) Shake, whack, Flip and Turn the box to mix up the contents for the next go

And that is for the first hit...for subsequent hits I seem to have to take the battery out even quicker as I get burnt bits much more readily.

I still have not perfected using this box and I've had it for 3 weeks. Anyone see anything glaringly wrong with my technique?

Anyone else take a while to get the hang of it but now can finish trenches with no black at all?

Noisy Gnome,

OC513

Dabaholic
Noisy Gnome said:
Furiouslyfapping said:
Vicki said:
It only takes a minute to slip into a public restroom, and vap in a stall. (handicap stalls work best) That way no one has to see, but you can still vap when you need it. :)
This is true, but take smaller hits than usual (wait 5 seconds to inhale, inhale for 5-10 seconds, then hold it in for 20.) This way nobody will be able to smell it, I've found that people smell it really easily if you take a 20 second hit or so and can't absorb it all into your lungs. If you don't see vapor, but taste it, you're doing it right.
You can take 20 second hits???:o

If I did that I would cause a fire in my LB for sure! Is that not normal?:uhoh:

The way I use it is:

1) Insert Batttery and observe hole until I see Vapor (4-6 seconds)
2) Count to 7 as I am pulling (sometimes I use the micor hitting technique sometimes just a long slow draw)
3) Pull out battery and take a couple hard pulls to clear it.
4) Shake, whack, Flip and Turn the box to mix up the contents for the next go

And that is for the first hit...for subsequent hits I seem to have to take the battery out even quicker as I get burnt bits much more readily.

I still have not perfected using this box and I've had it for 3 weeks. Anyone see anything glaringly wrong with my technique?

Anyone else take a while to get the hang of it but now can finish trenches with no black at all?
the box typically runs hot at first....not sure how often you are using it daily in the 3 weeks you have it but it should mellow out after a bit. your technique sounds good but if you are consistently getting black bits you could try to increase your draw speed a bit. remember slower draw=hotter box and faster draw=cooler box.....so keep experimenting. Once you have it down this lil thing is a beast........it can get you as medicated as you can imagine, probably took me about 20 trenches or so to perfect my technique but once you do this thing is awesome.

OC513,

Furiouslyfapping

Yeah honestly when I first got my box, and my replacement box, I was constantly getting black bits on my herb. All it took was some time and everything mellowed out and brown was what I was getting.

As an e-cig owner, will we see something like this for the launch box ever? - https://www.dietsmokes.com/products/JANTY-DURA%2dC-PASSTHROUGH-.html

I would buy something like this honestly for 20-30 bucks, hands down. I usually vape in my car or at my computer, so a launch-box passthrough would be ace for me - and many others I bet.

Furiouslyfapping,

Noisy Gnome

Vapester
OC513 said:
the box typically runs hot at first....not sure how often you are using it daily in the 3 weeks you have it but it should mellow out after a bit. your technique sounds good but if you are consistently getting black bits you could try to increase your draw speed a bit. remember slower draw=hotter box and faster draw=cooler box.....so keep experimenting. Once you have it down this lil thing is a beast........it can get you as medicated as you can imagine, probably took me about 20 trenches or so to perfect my technique but once you do this thing is awesome.
So do you find that your AVB from a "finished" trench has any green in it? Is your AVB quite toasted or do you find it still has potency and should be run throu another vape?

Are you just considering a trench to be done earlier and therefore don't try to take as many hits as possible increasing your risk of burning?

Like, I could stop after 3 or 4 hits and have mostly brown AVB with some light green and green in it but feel like its not actually done. (like you do when your combusting you are done when there is no more herbs left...)

How many hits can you take from a trench without turning anything black?

I fell like I'm having trouble expressing what I mean in type...I hope it makes sense.:ugh:

furiouslyfapping said:
Yeah honestly when I first got my box, and my replacement box, I was constantly getting black bits on my herb. All it took was some time and everything mellowed out and brown was what I was getting.
That is reassuring I hope to be at that point soon.

...can't wait till I perfect this thing...

Noisy Gnome,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Furiouslyfapping said:

As an e-cig owner, will we see something like this for the launch box ever? - https://www.dietsmokes.com/products/JANTY-DURA%2dC-PASSTHROUGH-.html

I would buy something like this honestly for 20-30 bucks, hands down. I usually vape in my car or at my computer, so a launch-box passthrough would be ace for me - and many others I bet.
I used to use e-cigs and thats the first thing I thought about when I got the LB. a AA passthrough battery. It can't be that hard to make (LB friendly)

JDSupreme,

Zot

Vaping Phool
Furiouslyfapping said:

Magic-Flight has talked in this thread about a plug in power supply for the LB that they are developing. It's a surprisingly technical bit of engineering, but it sounds like it's coming at some point.

Here is a link to posts that MagicFlight have made concerning the power adapter: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/search.php?search_id=37422734

Zot,

Panzerkampf

Loving the box, but I misplaced the carrying case, the battery case and the mouthpieces(while I was high I might add:p). Now I know that I can buy replacements but is there a cheap alternative in terms of shipping to Canada? I dont want to pay $7 for acessories then get slapped with a $20 shipping fee.

Canadian brahs or anyone else help please?

Thanks

Panzerkampf,

OC513

Dabaholic
Noisy Gnome said:
OC513 said:
So do you find that your AVB from a "finished" trench has any green in it? Is your AVB quite toasted or do you find it still has potency and should be run throu another vape?

Are you just considering a trench to be done earlier and therefore don't try to take as many hits as possible increasing your risk of burning?

Like, I could stop after 3 or 4 hits and have mostly brown AVB with some light green and green in it but feel like its not actually done. (like you do when your combusting you are done when there is no more herbs left...)

How many hits can you take from a trench without turning anything black?

I fell like I'm having trouble expressing what I mean in type...I hope it makes sense.:ugh:
No green at all in my finished trenches....its pretty perfectly toasted. The ABV in my launch box or my WDZ could probably offer up some goodies if I put them thru my whip vape at a higher temp but I dont bother. I just put it into a jar and make edibles or tinctures with it. I have never counted the number of hits but I pack my trenches full to the top edges of the trench and I probably get from 10-20 hits depending on the greens and whether I am ripping big clouds in private or pulling discreet hits in public.

OC513,

flanman

i just splurged and pulled the trigger on a lb with the added tubing from vapeworld. :ninja:

flanman,

wolf torn

this isn't splurging

the thing pays for itself after a couple bags and you realize how much less bud you use

enjoy its one of the greatest devices on earth

wolf torn,

Geeza

Bags ??? these donot use bags?? do they??

Ok I have searched .. Is there any UK stores that use the discount code for a LB?? or is it full price from somewhere

Thanks

Geeza,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
lowfront said:
this isn't splurging

the thing pays for itself after a couple bags and you realize how much less bud you use

enjoy its one of the greatest devices on earth
I'm liking it more than some people right now haha

Geeza said:
Bags ??? these donot use bags?? do they??

Ok I have searched .. Is there any UK stores that use the discount code for a LB?? or is it full price from somewhere

Thanks
bags as in your stash, there's no inflation

JDSupreme,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
Hi... It been a while since I have been here... I am a early LB owner and still really like mine..

What ever happne with the testing of the AC power for the LB??? I was really looking forward to AC for my LB..

Kuroth1,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Kuroth1 said:
Hi... It been a while since I have been here... I am a early LB owner and still really like mine..

What ever happne with the testing of the AC power for the LB??? I was really looking forward to AC for my LB..
I guess they are working on it. Someone posted a link a few posts back but it lead nowhere (#4363) I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

JDSupreme,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
JDSupreme said:
Kuroth1 said:

I guess they are working on it. Someone posted a link a few posts back but it lead nowhere (#4363) I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
Hummmm It was in testing and close to release like late last year... Wonder what happen...

Yes I use my LB 99.99% of the time at home... I seem to have to keep pushing and twisting the battery more and more to get it to work good... So I was hoping for an AC option... But I still like the Freedom of the battery..

Kuroth1,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
I would imagine the power supply is much harder to engineer than we think. MF posted that the box pulls upto 15Amps!, that is a lot of juice for a walwart type power supply to dish out. Sure you can spend big bucks to make one but then it would cost as much as the box itself. I think the challenge will be to get 15Amps out of a compact and inexpensive source.

DeepFried,

TwztedVaper

Boom Shankar
I've been using my MLFB for a bit now and I love it.. i've been experimenting with various methods and I found this works the best for me and gives me pretty much an even brown AVB.

1. Make sure your bud is all ground up nicely and there are no stems and stuff inside. The consistency you should be going for is maybe like the size of regular kitchen sugar or salt for the best hits. The vape will work just fine if its not that consistent, but it is what you should be aiming for.

2. Get all the weed into the trench carefully. I usually use the brush it came with coz sometimes dank can get really sticky with your fingers.

3. I usually spend a couple of seconds tapping the box gently after getting the bud in to just make sure it's all shaped nicely and there aren't any loose gaps and stuff. After you're done doing that and your trench looks nice and neat, put in a fully charged battery.

4. Wait for a few seconds before you begin inhaling. How many, time will tell. I usually wait for 2 seconds on a fresh battery, 3-5 if its a used battery. The more you vape, the better youl'll be able to judge how long to wait.

5. Keep inhaling slowly until your lungs are about 80% full. You should ideally IMO feel a nice warm vapor coming through. If you can't, inhale slower. If it's too hot, inhale faster. Eventually you'll find that perfect amount of pressure to use.

6. When your lungs are almost 80% full and you're almost done taking a hit, remove the battery and continue inhaling a little quicker for 1 or 2 seconds. After that, take off the launch box and inhale fresh air deeply into your lungs until they are 100% full. This will push the vapor deeper inside your lungs and also give you some oxygen :D After this, hold your breath for as long as you can.

7. When you can't hold your breath any longer, let out a little bit of air and immediately inhale fresh air quickly to replace it until your lungs are back to full capacity and hold your breath.

8. Repeat step 7 atleast twice until there is no/barely any visible vapour upon exhaling.

8.5 Enjoy that awesome deep hit, seriously :lol: vapour fucks you up like no other

9. Shake the box around a bit if you're taking another hit to mix the herb around. If you want, after the first 2-3 hits you can dump all the weed out of the trench onto some paper and something and grind it some more between your fingers before filling it all back. Should give you better hits.

I find this method maximizes efficiency and also minimizes odour. I'm loving this vape, i've been getting high at places I wouldn't even have imagined possible. The great before AND after-sales service and lifetime warranty pretty much seals the deal.

Have fun vaping guys. It's almost like a daily ritual haha, all the grinding and charging batteries and collecting AVB and shit.

+rep magic-flight :D

Oh yeah, if you guys have a lot of AVB and don't wanna make edibles, try making some QWISO hash. Very easy and very potent if done right. Don't vape it though haha :D

Oh yeah, above all don't worry so much about all the techniques and shit, it'll come with practice. Just enjoy the vape and this beautiful herb ;)

TwztedVaper,

vapirtoo

I agree with kuroth1. Sure sometime I feel that the battery and charging thing is a hassel, but when I think of a power cord dangling from my box, well that's kind of limiting. I like the fredom to roam that the batteries give the LB. IF it ain't broke don't fix it. :cool: .

vapirtoo,
Top Bottom