GanjaRunner

@magicflight, just noticed you made your 420th. post! A GREAT number to be sure!

Which, right now, is the best charger and best batteries on the market for the MFLB? What would you, magicflight, suggest someone get who wanted the absolute best?

I am so in love with my MFLB that it is essentially my primary method of usage and I want to get the best power systetm for it.

:peace:

GanjaRunner,

Budz Bunny

McNerdius said:
but i, for one, would love to see something like a mahogany or walnut launch box.... I've always loved the look of really dark wood.
I would LOVE one in Walnut. I would be willing to pay $20 or $30 more.

Another thing, it would be really nice if Magic Flight would offer existing owners to purchase a 2nd box at a reduced cost without all the extras (charger, batteries, tin, etc). When out of town I feel I must take a backup vape (Usually the VG) just incase I have a failure. Just an idea.

Budz Bunny,

nicetomeatyou

i've been reading a lot about the LB and i'm totally sold on the idea, I want to buy one ASAP, but I'm having trouble deciding where to purchase it from.
my issue is the draw stems that it comes with, only one website (www.authorizedvaporizerdealer.com) lists the kit as coming with a "peg stem" and a "medium straight stem". what is the difference here? because all the other sites only list the "3 inch medium straight stem" which i dont think i want cause thats way too long, like longer than the box itself, which seems dumb. I want the tiny stem shown in the pictures on the magic-flight website. (or am i just not understanding and the long stem goes in that far? i dont think so...)
so whats the deal? are the sites just listing it wrong, or does it not come with the smaller stem anymore?
this is the only thing keeping me from ordering right now, i cant decide. although i guess drawing from it natively can't be that bad right?

nicetomeatyou,

nicetomeatyou

nicetomeatyou said:
i've been reading a lot about the LB and i'm totally sold on the idea, I want to buy one ASAP, but I'm having trouble deciding where to purchase it from.
my issue is the draw stems that it comes with, only one website (www.authorizedvaporizerdealer.com) lists the kit as coming with a "peg stem" and a "medium straight stem". what is the difference here? because all the other sites only list the "3 inch medium straight stem" which i dont think i want cause thats way too long, like longer than the box itself, which seems dumb. I want the tiny stem shown in the pictures on the magic-flight website. (or am i just not understanding and the long stem goes in that far? i dont think so...)
so whats the deal? are the sites just listing it wrong, or does it not come with the smaller stem anymore?
this is the only thing keeping me from ordering right now, i cant decide. although i guess drawing from it natively can't be that bad right?
I couldn't even wait, I just ordered from blisssville, minus the charger, plus the tiny grinder (which comes with the ABV case?). I can't freaking wait till it gets here! just had to share my excitement

nicetomeatyou,

cluffy

Vaker
To answer the stem question:

One long stem is enough. I've had the thing for 4 days and the stem is cooler than native, but either way works if you do it right. the stem just makes a cooler hit if you ask me. Blisssville ships fast and it's the recommended seller by the manufacturer. OH SHIT! I just saw that you ordered from Blisssville! You will be happy.

Battery note: I've had good luck with the duracell 2700mah precharged. I already had a 4 battery set of them with value charger plus a set of 4 sony 2500mah that i got for cheap from dealnews.com (good site for everything)

I've only switched batteries when i put in a fresh trench, haven't gotten a dead hit yet from battery fail.

cluffy,

Budz Bunny

cluffy said:
I've had good luck with the duracell 2700mah precharged.
Are you sure they are 2700mah AND precharged? I have not seen any pre-charged with that high of a capacity.

Budz Bunny,

215z

High everyone! This is my first post here. I would like warn you that I'm so vaked that my words may wander randomly.
I have been self medicating with cannabis for about ten years. I had been combusting from pipes and bongs and fruit for a year when a room mate invested in a Volcano Classic. I was tied to it for years, scheduling my day around periodically being home to medicate with it. I would occasionally combust in joints when away from the Volcano, but it would be frustratingly unsatisfying, even when rolling up so much more that I would ever pack in a solid valve bowl.
Before the Volcano came my way, I had bought a soldering-iron-in-a-globe vaporizer on the Internet based on a vendors fallacious claims of efficacy. There was no way I could ever get medicated with that thing at all.
When I moved out to San Francisco I had bought a VaporBrothers non-hands-free whip vape from Tom the Nurse, based on his exaggerated claims of efficacy. I stuck with combusting from a locally blown 2ft beaker bong for a short while until my cannabis use came under my medical doctors sanction and supervision.
He insisted I not combust floral matter, ever, no matter how elaborate the water filtration. He suggested that if I were to medicate with floral matter, that I should use a high quality vape like a Volcano or Steinel. However, he suggested that I would be better served consuming concentrates. It was the first time I had learned about medicating with hot coals, heated titanium platens, and soldering irons. He suggested I should start with smoking ice-water hash in a thin but long glass pipe.
I found the perfect pipe at what then was the Oakland Cannabis Buyers Cooperative, it was a L shaped pipe. imagine a glass tube a foot long and one-third of an inch in outer-diameter, bent 90-degrees two inches from one end. It was pinched just near the tip, forming the tiniest bowl, so small you never be able to medicated combusting bowlfulls of floral matter in it. I have been medicating with this pipe for the last 5 years, until a week ago, consuming over that period several hundred grams of ice-water hash, loose dry-sift, pressed kief, butane honey oil, and isopropyl quick-wash. In that time, I very rarely combusted, and when I did, it was only out of polite etiquette when a stranger passes me a bong or blunt or joint.
Smoking concentrates involves both vaporization and combustion. To the extent there is plant matter in the concentrate, there is combustion. The heat from the flame vaporizes the greasy stuff and at the end of the hit is the painful part where it burns to a ash. The more expensive the concentrate, the less plant matter, and the less the burn.
Two months ago dropped my pipe and it broke in two. I searched hard to find a replacement to no avail. I had smoked with it until a week ago having wrapped the cleanly broken joint with cellophane tape. I decided that was sad and i should let go and bury my sweetheart hash pipe and move on. I took a weeklong T-break and researched the Internet for a different way to medicate. I was deciding between the high-end Steinel to fill bags using floral matter and the Kut curve to vape oil. Searching for the ideal water-pipe to use with the Kut curve lead me to this forum featuring Stonemonkey55's awesome pictures of incredible glassware and videos of him milking them.
I started reading many threads on this website and read many pages of this thread. Damn there is a lot to read but I've been working backwards and have gotten 60 pages through. On Wednesday I ordered the kit sans charger from Blissville, it was shipped from San Diego on Thursday evening, and it arrived today (Saturday).
I picked up 1.7 grams of J-1 from Blue Sky Cafe for $22 and broke up perhaps 0.4grams and separated it into three piles. I'm starting my second trench now and am hitting it like a champ. I get better results in terms of continuous soft vapor by filling it less than full and constantly tapping it while i draw shaking the weed around.

215z,

TwztedVaper

Boom Shankar
audiodelic said:
TwztedElegance said:
Just ordered my MFLB from VapeWorld here in India. Hope it gets here quickly! Can't wait to vape :lol:

Other international people here, how long did it take for your package to reach you via USPS?

p.s does vapeworld send the MFLB in that cool tin box too?
A fellow vaporist from India ... where in India ? Im in delhi.

USPS would take anywhere between 7 - 15 days so be patient. customs also takes some time to clear it.
delhi.. sweet. i'm from pune. :brow:

TwztedVaper,

GreenLeaf

215z-Why did your doctor say that you never should smoke bud at all, yet it's OK to smoke bubble hash?

GreenLeaf,

reece

GreenLeaf said:
215z-Why did your doctor say that you never should smoke bud at all, yet it's OK to smoke bubble hash?
It could be to minimize smoke inhalation. A small amount of hash will get you to the same place as a larger quantity of bud, so less smoke. Just a guess.

reece,

Furiouslyfapping

reece said:
GreenLeaf said:
It could be to minimize smoke inhalation. A small amount of hash will get you to the same place as a larger quantity of bud, so less smoke. Just a guess.
Also with concentrates such as bubble hash you are only smoking the trichomes off the plant so there is no combusted carcinogens (I think)

Furiouslyfapping,

indigal

Amongst the corn
Hey, just a PSA for everyone.. google retailmenot.com for coupons for 5% off at Thomas Dist. They have the MH-C9000 charger, with 4 batts, plus they carry the Imedions at a decent cost in addition to any battery needs you may have. Just got the charger, and 8 total batteries, to add to the 4 I already have. I think I'm set now!

indigal,

blackbur

Will the MFLB be coming in any different colors/woods in the future?
sorry i don't know if its been asked already, tried to skim thru the other 4000 posts and didn't make it that far.

blackbur,

Attack of the vapors

Magic Flight Attendant
blackbur said:
Will the MFLB be coming in any different colors/woods in the future?
sorry i don't know if its been asked already, tried to skim thru the other 4000 posts and didn't make it that far.
Here is part of an earlier post by the manufacturer. GL

McNerdius wrote:

... i would love to see a mahogany or walnut launch box. I'd pay extra. Really all i'm doing here is thinking of excuses to give Magic Flight more money. I'd buy another one right now, but, given my financial situation, i'd have to justify it to myself somehow. I've always loved the look of really dark wood.

Magic flight replies:
Sometimes we do create a special box or two -- usually for specific occasions. We are thinking forward towards the holiday/celebratory season later this year for items like this.

Attack of the vapors,

TwztedVaper

Boom Shankar
hope mine gets here soon! it was supposed to be shipped on the 6th but it still says Electronic Shipping Info Received on the tracking page. it's shipping all the way to india :|

TwztedVaper,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
TwztedElegance said:
hope mine gets here soon! it was supposed to be shipped on the 6th but it still says Electronic Shipping Info Received on the tracking page. it's shipping all the way to india :|
Hey can you try some hash in it and let me know if it works well with it ?

audiodelic,

TwztedVaper

Boom Shankar
audiodelic said:
TwztedElegance said:
yea i'll try it out. i think i read here somewhere that people were vaping the less stickier hash without too many problems

TwztedVaper,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
TwztedElegance said:
audiodelic said:
TwztedElegance said:
yea i'll try it out. i think i read here somewhere that people were vaping the less stickier hash without too many problems
ya i read but very little information, i want a first hand review on how good it works with hash. :) so even im waiting on your MFLB once you tell me how good it works with hash ill order one.

Magic Flight had said even if the screen get discolored its more of an aesthetic problem rather than a functional one. So who cares about how clean it looks until and unless it keeps working and performing over the long run.

audiodelic,

dr3

audiodelic said:
TwztedElegance said:
I'm vaping hash in my LB right now. Works like a champ, just make sure the hash doesn't melt. I tested mine in a glass bowl first... it's the kind that just turns to ash. See VivaSativa's post #2930 in this thread, that's how I got the idea.

Of course MFLB does not support this, so if you ruin your screen it's your own damn fault.

dr3,

TwztedVaper

Boom Shankar
audiodelic said:
ya i read but very little information, i want a first hand review on how good it works with hash. :) so even im waiting on your MFLB once you tell me how good it works with hash ill order one.

Magic Flight had said even if the screen get discolored its more of an aesthetic problem rather than a functional one. So who cares about how clean it looks until and unless it keeps working and performing over the long run.
yea haha. i usually only smoke hash but i will try it out in the vape and let u know. hopefully the package doesnt get stuck in customs or anything. i hope they dont make me pay anything.

btw, how risky is it to fly internationally with this vape and a grinder? will it be risky even if i clean everything? :o i don't want to get into any trouble. i'm gonna be flying from india to canada. i read that someone packed it in the box with a bunch of pencils so it looked like a sharpener hahahaha

TwztedVaper,

new buddy

First post here on this site.

Just ordered my MFLB last night, so I'm hoping it was shipped out this morning or today. If so, it'll probably be here within the next 2-3 days and I'll be able to write my very own review of it.

I'm really excited and I bought 2 extra batteries. How long does it take to charge the batteries that the unit comes with? I'm really considering buying the Energizer 15-minute charger. It would make eveyrhting so much easier.

As for the hash. I'd assume you could probably put a small piece of foil or some other, safer metal over part of the screen and just be sure to not let the liquidized hash fall onto the screen. Just an idea, but i have no idea if it would actually work.

new buddy,
Top Bottom