HighVibes

Medicinal Mist
HighVibes said:
Excuse me if I want to dont want to possibly waste a good battery, when I could've just found out beforehand from somebody on here. Gee, I'm REALLY sorry for just asking for some advice.. way to be a dick... and oh yea. I started a thread about this and got my answer within a few minutes. :rolleyes:

mod note: Have you not read the rules? Flaming is not allowed.
Sorry, I didnt know sticking up for yourself was considered flaming (no sarcasm intended, I meant that with respect mods)

mod note: Flaming is flaming. There is never a justification for it. Report a violation. Don't respond in kind.

HighVibes,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
heartvapor said:
... I should be able to get it around 320F or so by pulling a little faster, getting mostly THC and less CBD, giving more of a head high. And then I could revape later, and since more THC than CBD is gone, it would give more of a body high.
Yes, this is correct.

In regards to the graphs, there is one very important note I forgot to mention -- read the graphs from right to left! Something I can see when the graphs are dynamically generated but which does not actually appear in a static image is that the red dot on the left is the "current" temperature and the entire trace moves towards the right. The X axis is the measurement at a certain "time ago" -- exactly backwards what most people might expect. Also, the time on the graph should be read as relative -- the image capture was not synchronized with the calibration clock.

My apologies for forgetting to mention this! I am sure that it makes quite a difference to understanding -- it should clear up your questions. If you still have questions after that, restate them and I will do my best to answer.

The way to look at the graphs is to take the time of power being applied as being where the curve makes a sharp increase on the rightmost side of the graph, and then to consider the "progress" of what happens as you move towards the left from there.

heartvapor said:
For some reason, I always thought it was bad to wait for there to be vapor inside the box, because I figured it would get too hot and start to burn the weed. So because of this, I usually start pulling as soon as I put the battery in. Is there a problem with that? Will it not reach the ideal temperature range? Do you have a graph (or, would you be able to make one) that shows how a steady draw rate that starts as soon as (or even right before) the battery is connected affects the temperature? Basically the same as these graphs, but with the steady drawing starting at t=0.
Steady state drawing from T=0 results in the same basic shape as the first three graphs but with the self titration temperature being moved down proportionally to the draw rate. As such, there is no real problem with not waiting and starting the draw right away once you have already experimented enough so as to have determined the correct draw rate for your unit. We advise new users to wait for the vapor by looking down the draw hole (rather than waiting for the lid to fog) so as to 1) reassure them that the unit does actually work, and 2) so that they at least have a chance of tasting a little vapor if they happen to start out by drawing too fast. At least that way, people have a chance to learn what is required, rather than never seeing the unit work in the first place by drawing too fast right from the onset.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
To HighVibes:

Not to get in the line of fire, but you can perhaps see if the included batteries, or at least one of them, will function well with the LB; peel, or cut, out only the area of the battery which is needed to contact the negative contact of the LB.

If you really feel the need to salvage the single AA, you can use electrical tape to cover the metal in the section of the experimental battery.

But really, AAs are plentiful, and at worst you will have answered your own question, and done the LB Community a service.

& when some newbe like myself ask if such and such battery will work well used on the LB, you can post a quick, and savvy answer.

The bottom line is that one is best off answering one's own question, when no one has an answer.

My too pence.

stark1,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
magiclight said:
I took some photos through the mouthpiece hole to match up with this graph.
May be useful for someone working on their technique.
I also realized, from the note about the graphs being read backward, that the image you posted has the same mistake. The graph image needs to be flipped left to right and the labels/pictures re-associated. When I first looked at this, I honestly had only enough time to glance at it and say "looks cool" before having to more on to other correspondence. Is there any chance you could re-post it with the necessary changes?

magicflight,

darth_vapor

To all looking for non-plastic mouthpieces: the Vapor Bros. mini whip comes with a mouthpiece that looks just like the one that came with my DBV, only 1/2 the size, and it also fits perfectly into the MFLB mouthpiece hole. I'm not sure if you can order it alone, but it's a good fit. Maybe MF could find some or something. My mini whip broke, as it was really thin glass and a poor design for changing screen, but the mouthpiece is just fine! Also, the mouthpiece gets larger in diameter as it gets further from the hole, so it feels more like using it native compared to using the tiny tube and it works brilliantly putting it in the downstem of my water pipe- you can see the plumes just awesomely (alone with pipe or into waterpipe downstem and it has fantastic airflow- way better than the mini-tubing I've been using (pretty regularly, the MFLB can fill a bong just great and quick). I enjoy it and my Silver Buddha equally, they each shine in different areas and are fun together...

Also, my beeswax wood polish came from palumba.com, it was $1.99 plus shipping = $5.99 or something. They actually called me the next day to inform me they would refund me $3 on shipping for such a small and inexpensive item.... Seems like good service. It's a baby product store I found when i was searching for very small quantities of food grade beeswax wood polish (this is 1/2 oz). They also have a $4.99 mortar and pestle type set, it seems better for this use than my current from a thai restaurant because it's even smaller and the handle of the pestle acts as a scoop as well... Anyway, the polish looks great on the MFLB! I believe it's completely comparable to the buzz butter they sell for PD units...

darth_vapor,

george

darth_vapor said:
To all looking for non-plastic mouthpieces: the Vapor Bros. mini whip comes with a mouthpiece that looks just like the one that came with my DBV, only 1/2 the size, and it also fits perfectly into the MFLB mouthpiece hole. I'm not sure if you can order it alone, but it's a good fit. Maybe MF could find some or something. My mini whip broke, as it was really thin glass and a poor design for changing screen, but the mouthpiece is just fine! Also, the mouthpiece gets larger in diameter as it gets further from the hole, so it feels more like using it native compared to using the tiny tube and it works brilliantly putting it in the downstem of my water pipe- you can see the plumes just awesomely (alone with pipe or into waterpipe downstem and it has fantastic airflow- way better than the mini-tubing I've been using (pretty regularly, the MFLB can fill a bong just great and quick). I enjoy it and my Silver Buddha equally, they each shine in different areas and are fun together...

is this the piece you're talking about?

http://www.vaporwarehouse.com/vbmouthpc.html

If it is, i might have to get one...

EDIt: I realized you're probly talking about the mouthpiece that comes in this set. http://www.vaporwarehouse.com/vbmini5pk.html

george,

darth_vapor

i think they're probably the same if the tubing is the same size. it's probably 1/2 as big as the dbv mouthpiece because 7th floor uses much larger (and more flexible) tubing than vapor bros. I suppose you could always email vapor bros.

a warning: the mouthpiece will eventually not fit tight enough to stay unassisted, however, traditional MFLB stems still fit tight as ever... It's because the MFLB mouthpiece is straight and the vapor bros mouthpiece is tapered. This would be a killer MFLB accessory if it could have a straight end that fit really well...

EDIT: mouthpiece seems to fit great, it was loose, but I put some beeswax oil on the box and washed the mouthpiece (in my ISO!), now it's in there super-tight again! best mflb mouthpiece ever.

darth_vapor,

cluffy

Vaker
Hello again. I received my LB today, Not bad, ordered Thursday night, received Tuesday after the 4th of July weekend even!. CA to NY! I had a nice afternoon/evening with the box (on vacation...:)). At first it was a little hot and dry for my taste, with a slight woody taste. I was drawing too slowly, mine must run a little hot because I have to draw way harder than I thought. I'm used to the VG, and the draw is about the same if not more than that. It definitely works though. I sat outside the bar with all the smokers and took a few vapes, no one was the wiser. I give it 2 thumbs up. This will ride in my pocket, the VG is too big for that. Da Buddha will still be at the corner of my desk though!!!

cluffy,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Lots of people say there is a break in period when they get the box where it runs a little hot for the first few days then mellows out. The woody taste goes away for sure after the vapor path gets coated with resin.

bluntfaced,

magiclight

Fuck Combustion
magicflight said:
magiclight said:
I also realized, from the note about the graphs being read backward, that the image you posted has the same mistake. The graph image needs to be flipped left to right and the labels/pictures re-associated. When I first looked at this, I honestly had only enough time to glance at it and say "looks cool" before having to more on to other correspondence. Is there any chance you could re-post it with the necessary changes?
Definitely - It would be cool for a new user to have a collection of "techniques" - all the things you guys talk about here boiled down to help people not fall into some of the common traps (like breathing right when adding the battery)

Here is an example of my friend's favorite technique, the Seven and Seven

technique_seven_and_seven.gif

Do you have reversed graphs with the 00:30 seconds across the bottom replaced with the proper time period? It's possible to determine the time by dividing the graph, but it would be easier to have proper x,y labels. Then I could integrate the chart itself into the techniques, or something like that

magiclight,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Shipping the box with a sheet of like 5 or 6 of the most popular techniques would be rad

bluntfaced,

magiclight

Fuck Combustion
bluntfaced said:
Shipping the box with a sheet of like 5 or 6 of the most popular techniques would be rad
It is totally possible to boil down this thread into some techniques (at least at a high level).

Even if MF doesn't print/ship the Techniques, new users could be given a visual quick introduction as link? Sounds like fun. I would love to hear the techniques others think could be useful to a new user.

For example, perhaps:

1. Quick Draw
2. Slow Draw
3. Micro Hits
4. { Something Else }
5. { Something Else }

If the technique loosely matches up with one of the graphs, that would be even better. Any thoughts?

magiclight,

VivaSativa

bluntfaced said:
Lots of people say there is a break in period when they get the box where it runs a little hot for the first few days then mellows out.
Do you think this could be due to the batteries getting a bit weaker after a few uses and charges? When I bought new batteries I got very nice and hot hits, lots of visible vapor.. As time passed I'm getting a bit weaker hits, but still good of course.

VivaSativa,

HumanBeing

I just took delivery of a Magic Flight Launch Box today and right now I'm recharging batteries for Launch Day tomorrow. I bought mine from The Marketplace Brighton (who were impressively quick in shipping it). It's really a beautiful looking little unit and I'm really looking forward to trying it out.

I have a few questions for UK users in relation to the batteries if you could spare a moment to answer.

1. The Magic Flight instructions say that any other rechargeable NiMh AA batteries can be used as long as they are 2000 mAh or more. Yet the spare pair of batteries supplied by The Marketplace in the box are only 1300 mAh. What sort of a difference, if any, will this make to the Box's operation? Can I even use them?

2. Both of these spare batteries come with their jackets still on (unpeeled). I've Googled it but I can't find anything on peeling batteries. So how DO you peel a battery then? I own another recharger (a Sony) whose manual specifically says NOT to try recharging batteries which have had their jackets removed. I find all this a bit confusing.

3. I will be using it mainly for tobacco. I'd normally smoke about 12 roll-up ciggies a day. How many batteries do you reckon I need so I never run out of juice just when I'm gasping for a nicotine hit late at night?

4. If I can't use the Sony recharger with peeled batteries, can you recommend another, preferably a fast one?

Guys, thanks in advance for your time and attention. I gotta say I'm looking forward to becoming a happy Boxer.

HumanBeing,

hello

HumanBeing, I wouldn't use those 1300 mah batteries, just because i dont think they'll provide sufficient energy.

Im not sure about your other questions about peeling, I thought it was bad too, but you gotta do what you gotta do haha :lol:

Can anyone PLEASE point me in the right direction for getting a gong water pipe connected to this thing efficiently? I'm literally begging this forum. I've asked before and I've tried reading all of this but it's more literature than my tiny brain can handle.

hello,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
@human being

so trying the 1300 mah batteries certainly won't hurt except if you do and they don't work you will have two batteries with no jackets.

In regards to peeling, use a razor blade and give it a little slice on the top, if you can't tear it from there slice all the way down the jacket then take it right off, There is no glue.

As far as vaping tobacco and how many batteries you need. You're just gonna have to start vaping and see how many trenches you can vape off one battery and how many trenches you're gonna need for a day.

bluntfaced,

B.

War Criminal
From what I understand about these batteries, 1300 mah will work, they just won't last as long as the 2000+ batts, so you should be cool for now, but you will want more batts anyway, so stock up.

I use a MZ stem that I've jammed a short LB stem into, which makes a perfect seal with my 14 mm downstem. I posted a video a while back. Dig back a bunch of pages, you'll find it. I couldn't believe how well it milked milked my bong. It's not on par with my SSV, but it's still pretty cool.

B.,

magiclight

Fuck Combustion
magicflight said:
magiclight said:
I updated the original image, so you can refresh to see it.

magiclight,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
@magicflight : I am planning on buying a MFLB but i will exclusively use it wish pressed hash. The hash is not very stick more powdery kind and once im done vaping it in my DBV im normally left with 1/10th the amount dry odorless powder.I plan to gently clean the MFLB with the brush after every use getting out any leftover powder in the trench.

I know it not recommended but will this work with the MFLB ?

audiodelic,

HumanBeing

Many thanks for your responses hello, bluntfaced, and B.

I did a bit of digging on the interwebs and came up with this nugget:

"The mAh capacity rating refers to the storage capacity available for a particular battery. A battery with a capacity rating of 1800 mAh could deliver a current of 1800mA for one hour. Higher mAh ratings for the same battery type will generally mean longer run times. " This is from the All-Battery.com website and the last sentence appears to contradict the preceding one.

So the question is, is a 1300 mAh current strong enough to bring the Launch Box screen up to vape temp? It's starting to look like The Marketplace Brighton just sourced the cheapest AA charger/spares they could find without reference to the specific technical requirements of the Launch Box itself.

Regarding the peeling and number of batteries, I may just have to buy two dozen already peeled spares from Magic Flight, even though that's gonna cost me more than the unit itself. Plus I'll need a half dozen chargers, all so I can have 12 fresh batteries every morning.

This little vaporiser is getting a lot more expensive than I bargained for...

HumanBeing,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
HumanBeing said:
Regarding the peeling and number of batteries, I may just have to buy two dozen already peeled spares from Magic Flight, even though that's gonna cost me more than the unit itself. Plus I'll need a half dozen chargers, all so I can have 12 fresh batteries every morning.

This little vaporiser is getting a lot more expensive than I bargained for...
I don't understand why you need 12 fresh batteries every morning. I am a medical cannabis user, so I vaporize several times daily, on a daily basis. I have never needed more than 4 batteries in one day, and that is because those particular batteries are older and they don't hold a charge as long, even with conditioning.

I have 2 chargers, and that has been more than enough for me. The first charger only holds 2 batteries, and originally came with the new MFLB package. I bought a 4 battery charger, that also conditions as well. I will admit I have 18 batteries, and I keep them fully charged in case we have a power failure. Those 18 fully charged batteries would last me a few days, at least.

Vicki,

cluffy

Vaker
Human Being, it all depends on what the device is drawing in amps. Here is a better definition from smartcomputing.com: "Milli-amp hours are used as a measure of battery capacity. A 3200mAH battery can power a device that places a 3.2 amp drain on the battery for one hour before reaching a discharge level. In order to estimate battery life, youll need to know the average load a device places on its battery. Battery life will decrease as loads increase. The same 3200mAH battery pack will last half as long in a device that places a 6.2 amp load on the battery."

Magicflight, can you tell us the average current that the MFLB draws?

Oh, and you can get better batteries for cheaper Human Being. I prefer peeling them myself because if you cut the label at the right place you can visually tell whether the battery is pushed in by whether the metal is exposed or not.

I've had the thing for two days and I love the portability and stealth. I can still take the ABV from the LB and get 2 more nice rips from the DBV though...

cluffy,
Top Bottom