Phractal

For anyone interested in getting a glass stem, this site sells 1/4" outside diameter (which is the same as the current stem is) which is 12" long, for $3.22 (plus s&h) of Heat-Resistant Borosilicate Glass. http://www.mcmaster.com/#8729k31/=7vgo8v

The biggest problem is cutting that 12" long down to 3" or however long you want it, the site says you need glass cutting tools. Does anyone know a simple way to safely cut a glass tube without specialized equipment?

Phractal,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
Not sure if this was posted yet or not. I've been having some success with a new draw technique. If your wanting a FULL HUGE hit, try this. Pack the trench like normal and insert batt, cover the mouthpiece and wait 5 sec, then turn upside down quickly or shake quickly then let sit for another 5 sec, then shake again and wait 5 sec then inhale. I've done three or four 5 second burns then you take your hit finally and woah! It might not taste the best but you get clouds!

daddygreenjeans,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
cluffy said:
Human Being, it all depends on what the device is drawing in amps. ... Magicflight, can you tell us the average current that the MFLB draws?
It draws appx 15A. The quality of the batteries matter.

Human Being: Did you get any peeled batteries with the unit at all? There should have been two -- these would have correct ratings. If you did NOT get two already peeled batteries, I need to know ASAP so that I can take corrective actions at this end.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

HumanBeing

Vicki, I don't know if you read my previous post but I smoke 12-15 cigarettes a day so I have to allow for at least 24-30 trenches a day to get my nicotine fix. Thus the 12 batteries a day estimation. I also use cannabis for pain control but I find the Volcano better at doling out more measured doses over a set time period. I haven't tried the Launch Box with cannabis yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Thanks for your considered response.

HumanBeing,

darth_vapor

Just make sure to use 100% tobacco... i tried vaping a tiny bit of camel light and 1/2 a milisecond into the hit, it was the harshest most painful lung attack- like 300 cigs at once. That was the only attempt (now a non smoker), but if I ever try tobacco again, it'll be vaping ONLY tobacco, no additives or other stuff that make them worse for health and apparently much, much worse for vaping!

darth_vapor,

HumanBeing

cluffy, many thanks for that much better and more understandable definition. Since I see that the Launch Box draws about 15, it seems the 1300 mAh batteries aren't going to be a lot of use to me, as I understand it. Not too happy about paying good money for sub-par stuff I can't really use...

Your idea for just half peeling the batteries is a good one, though now sadly too late for me.

Thank you for your response.

HumanBeing,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
HumanBeing said:
Vicki, I don't know if you read my previous post but I smoke 12-15 cigarettes a day so I have to allow for at least 24-30 trenches a day to get my nicotine fix. Thus the 12 batteries a day estimation. I also use cannabis for pain control but I find the Volcano better at doling out more measured doses over a set time period. I haven't tried the Launch Box with cannabis yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Thanks for your considered response.
I apologize. I did miss that you were using the LB primarily for tobacco. That makes complete sense then. :)

I've actually found that the LB helps my pain better than any other vaporizer I have used. It's probably because it vaporizes at a higher temp, and it's conduction instead of convection. You should really try the LB with Cannabis. I'd be willing to bet some good herb that you can feel a difference too, for the better. :D

Vicki,

HumanBeing

magicflight, many thanks for your response. Yes, I did receive two peeled batteries with the Launch Box. It was just the spare pair of batteries that were unpeeled and apparently sub-optimal for use with the vaporiser.

I've also now peeled those two spares and there is a black washer-like object over the nipple that had been held in place by the battery jacket and is now just loose. I have no idea what this is for or even if it's essential for battery operation. Any ideas?

Incidentally, I've emailed some questions about all this to BlissSville but the one about how to peel can now be ignored. :)

By the way, I've just now tried vaping tobacco in the LB for the first time and, while I've still to get the hang of using it properly, it seems very satisfying indeed.

Thanks again for your reply.

HumanBeing,

HumanBeing

darth-vapor, agreed 100% about not using pre-rolled cigarette tobacco. It's murder. I use hand-rolling tobacco myself, Old Holborn to be precise, and have done so since 1976.

I've also tried vaping pipe tobacco. I had thought it would be a harsh experience but it was actually very pleasant indeed, with a delicious flavour of blackcurrant, though not as heavy on nicotine as I'd like. But it's definitely an area of vaping I intend to explore further.

HumanBeing,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
HumanBeing said:
magicflight, many thanks for your response. Yes, I did receive two peeled batteries with the Launch Box. It was just the spare pair of batteries that were unpeeled and apparently sub-optimal for use with the vaporiser.
Most people ONLY receive the two batteries. The extras are indeed extra -- they did not come from us. They will probably work -- just not for as long. Think about 7 x 15 second hits, instead of 15 x 15 second hits.

HumanBeing said:
I've also now peeled those two spares and there is a black washer-like object over the nipple that had been held in place by the battery jacket and is now just loose. I have no idea what this is for or even if it's essential for battery operation. Any ideas?
No worries about it -- doesn't matter.

HumanBeing said:
I've just now tried vaping tobacco in the LB for the first time and, while I've still to get the hang of using it properly, it seems very satisfying indeed.
Be aware that the yield of nicotine in vaping is significantly higher than smoking -- think about 6X as much, weight for weight. You will probably be fine with 4 batteries and one 15 minute charger. Be careful with this -- might be stronger than you think.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

cluffy

Vaker
Phractal said:
For anyone interested in getting a glass stem, this site sells 1/4" outside diameter (which is the same as the current stem is) which is 12" long, for $3.22 (plus s&h) of Heat-Resistant Borosilicate Glass. http://www.mcmaster.com/#8729k31/=7vgo8v

The biggest problem is cutting that 12" long down to 3" or however long you want it, the site says you need glass cutting tools. Does anyone know a simple way to safely cut a glass tube without specialized equipment?
Best i could find:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5066227_cut-glass-tube.html

A small triangle file should be pretty cheap:

http://secure.sciencecompany.com/Triangular-Steel-File-with-Handle-8-inch-P16265C2634.aspx

GOOD LUCK! :brow:

also files from the place you mentioned http://www.mcmaster.com/#triangular-hand-files/=7vkj5t

cluffy,

heartvapor

HumanBeing said:
Vicki, I don't know if you read my previous post but I smoke 12-15 cigarettes a day so I have to allow for at least 24-30 trenches a day to get my nicotine fix. Thus the 12 batteries a day estimation.
You're not going to need anywhere near 12 batteries a day. As magicflight just responded to your post, the MFLB is about 6 times as efficient with tobacco than smoking. So you will actually only need to vape about 2, max 3, cigarettes-worth of tobacco per day.

It sounds crazy, but it's true. When you smoke a cigarette, almost all the nicotine is burned off. The part that you get is about a sixth of the nicotine that was in there at the beginning. With the MFLB, you get just about all of it, because it doesn't get hot enough to burn any of the nicotine (or the actual tobacco), it vaporizes it just like it vaporizes cannabanoids off of weed.

I'm not a "smoker", but I do have the occasional cigarette, usually just to give me an enjoyable "boost" to a weed high. The first time I tried tobacco in the MFLB, I ripped open a cigarette (Camel Filters, the turkish ones), put about half of the tobacco into my grinder, grinded it up a bit, and loaded up the MFLB. I hadn't had a cigarette in about a month or so. I put in a fresh battery, took a long slow hit, and as soon as I exhaled I felt it. My limbs became jelly, and I started sinking over. It was an intense body rush, it felt like I smoked an entire cigarette in one hit (the effect, not the taste).

I didn't really like the taste, it was a little harsh, nothing like vaping weed. But damn does it work well. Someone said that it tastes bad because of the additives in cigarette tobacco, so I guess just buy a bag of pure tobacco, and you'll really only need a pinch to get your fix. You could load up a full trench in the morning, and keep hitting it throughout the day, you won't have to reload it every time. You'll get your nicotine fix, for way cheaper, and it's healthier too.

I think every cigarette smoker should buy an MFLB. It's way more efficient, just as portable, and healthier!

heartvapor,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Dam that's what's up I had no idea tobacco would go over so well in the box. Does the taste stick around afterward when you're vaping herb?

bluntfaced,

GreenLeaf

What's the best way to micro hit the box? Just fill up the trench halfway and not with a tiny amount of plant material and then put the battery in and draw on the box like you are hitting a bowl?

GreenLeaf,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
@magicflight : I am planning on buying a MFLB but i will exclusively use it wish pressed hash. The hash is not very stick more powdery kind and once im done vaping it in my DBV im normally left with 1/10th the amount dry odorless powder.I plan to gently clean the MFLB with the brush after every use getting out any leftover powder in the trench.

I know it not recommended but will this work with the MFLB ?

audiodelic,

heartvapor

bluntfaced said:
Dam that's what's up I had no idea tobacco would go over so well in the box. Does the taste stick around afterward when you're vaping herb?
Maybe a tiny bit if you vaped weed right after, but if you brush it all out it wouldn't be noticeable.

To any cigarette smokers who are wondering if the MFLB is a good investment, let me just say this: it's about twice as efficient with tobacco as it is with weed. I'd say the weed MFLB:smoking ratio is 3:1, but for tobacco it's 6:1. And you see how happy people are with it for weed, so it's definitely good for tobacco.

magicflight, on the website it says you can use the MFLB for salvia. But the boiling point of salvinorin A is 1400F, which is way higher than the MFLB goes if I'm correct. So how exactly would it work? Would it actually vaporize the salvinorin A (which is the psychoactive chemical in salvia)?

Thanks

heartvapor,

TwztedVaper

Boom Shankar
Just ordered my MFLB from VapeWorld here in India. Hope it gets here quickly! Can't wait to vape :lol:

Other international people here, how long did it take for your package to reach you via USPS?

p.s does vapeworld send the MFLB in that cool tin box too?

TwztedVaper,

HumanBeing

magicflight said:
Most people ONLY receive the two batteries. The extras are indeed extra -- they did not come from us. They will probably work -- just not for as long. Think about 7 x 15 second hits, instead of 15 x 15 second hits.
What I received from The Marketplace Brighton: one velvet drawstring bag containing the LB, a four-unit battery case with two peeled batteries, ABV box, and all the little tools, bits, and bobs. Plus a separate pack containing the 220-240v charger and two 13000 mAh batteries.

magicflight said:
No worries about it -- doesn't matter.
OK, thank you.

magicflight said:
Be aware that the yield of nicotine in vaping is significantly higher than smoking -- think about 6X as much, weight for weight. You will probably be fine with 4 batteries and one 15 minute charger. Be careful with this -- might be stronger than you think.
Many thanks for letting me know this. Good information. It's the first I've heard of it. My ravaged bank account also thanks you. :)

HumanBeing,

HumanBeing

@heartvapor -- thanks for your response.

I had no idea that vaporisation was so efficient with nicotine. I've only been doing it for about three weeks so far -- no choice, these old lungs are shot by 40-plus years of cigarette smoking and I need to be able to use cannabis daily for spinal pain control.

So I bought a Volcano Classic for indoor use and an iolite for outdoors.

I find the Volcano ideal for timed/measured cannabis dosages but it's useless for tobacco. The iolite is fine for cannabis quickshots but my tobacco experience with it has been consistently inconsistent so far. That's why I bought the Launch Box -- for a tobacco experience that's exactly repeatable, load after load.

I've only really been using the LB for a day and a half now and while it does seem more consistent and satisfying than the iolite for me with tobacco, I'm still feeling the urge to smoke, even after finishing a load. Whenever I was getting good bowls with the iolite I was able to resist that urge, but when the iolite experience was less than optimal I had no choice but to roll one up and smoke it.

I'm hoping the LB will put an end to that.

Having said all that, I've been alternating the LB and the iolite today and (wouldn't you know it) the iolite is now behaving itself very well. But I guess that's the bugbear I have with vaporisation -- so many variables in the equation. With a ciggie, you roll it, set fire to one end, and suck on the other -- job done.

Still, I'm stuck with it, so I HAVE to make it work.

HumanBeing,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
TwztedElegance said:
Just ordered my MFLB from VapeWorld here in India. Hope it gets here quickly! Can't wait to vape :lol:

Other international people here, how long did it take for your package to reach you via USPS?

p.s does vapeworld send the MFLB in that cool tin box too?
A fellow vaporist from India ... where in India ? Im in delhi.

USPS would take anywhere between 7 - 15 days so be patient. customs also takes some time to clear it.

audiodelic,

wolf torn

For everyone wondering about batteries and such

don't think about it

just get the POWEREX MH-C9000 charger

I was so disappointed with the product at first when the batteries quickly stopped working so well. Got 6 total batteries now and that freaking charger works like a champ

batteries are better then ever and beyond satisfied with that charger

wolf torn,

max

Out to lunch
just get the POWEREX MH-C9000 charger
Excellent charger, but you can get a smart charger (same company too) for less than half the price of a 9000, and it'll do just as well at charging batteries, just fewer bells and whistles.

max,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
audiodelic said:
@magicflight : I am planning on buying a MFLB but i will exclusively use it wish pressed hash. The hash is not very stick more powdery kind and once im done vaping it in my DBV im normally left with 1/10th the amount dry odorless powder.I plan to gently clean the MFLB with the brush after every use getting out any leftover powder in the trench.

I know it not recommended but will this work with the MFLB ?
Hi Audiodelic,

It will probably work. The main problem with concentrates is that some of them turn (somewhat) into a liquid when heated. The liquid soaks into the screen, making it fairly difficult to clean. This is mostly a cosmetic problem, rather than a functional one. The real hazard results when someone who is compulsive about cleaning then tries to clean the screen which has been discolored from this type of usage -- that's when the real damage occurs, rendering the device useless. Therefore, once used with concentrates, you are pretty much expected to not try cleaning the unit again. Like anything else, it is a choice with various trade-offs involved.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
heartvapor said:
magicflight, on the website it says you can use the MFLB for salvia. But the boiling point of salvinorin A is 1400F, which is way higher than the MFLB goes if I'm correct. So how exactly would it work? Would it actually vaporize the salvinorin A?
Hi Heartvapor,

Actually, we have never tried it or researched that -- so we are not sure. We have had a lot of people ask, and were specifically requested to put it on the site as a "possibility", but no one here has ever attempted that material that I am aware of.

The prospect is, quite frankly, rather daunting -- if it works at all, it will probably work very much too well. Personally, I would put it in the category of "not recommended" unless you have worked with that material extensively previously and know it well. In other words, best to know what you might be getting into before you try.

Vaporization with a lot of these materials is largely an unknown field. We have researched Cannabis and Tobacco extensively and other materials very little in comparison. As we get reports in, it is likely that the table of possibilities will get updated/altered. Such reports come very infrequently -- progress and knew knowledge in this area has been very slow.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,
Top Bottom