extremeparanoia

Well, I ordered my MFLB on 2010-06-15

It arrived about 10 minutes ago.

(I'm in New Zealand, so that kind of delivery time is AWESOME)

First impressions:

HOLY SHIT this thing is small. and awesome. so simple and clean looking.

I can't wait to try it out.

Here's the packaging in case people were wondering.
I ordered from BlissSville. (Thanks Ariel!)

The box was shipped with a detailed description of Merchandise and "Diffuser" for the customs folk, and wasn't opened or tampered with in any way (that I can tell)

3hjQ2l.jpg

The rest of the images are what is in the box, linked below if you're interested.

http://imgur.com/zis3Ml.jpg
http://imgur.com/HGqRnl.jpg
http://imgur.com/SOc9Gl.jpg
http://imgur.com/LkK1Zl.jpg
http://imgur.com/ELNEJl.jpg
http://imgur.com/jlSUbl.jpg

I ordered the full kit from Blisssville, which includes the charger that comes with USB and in-car power options.

extremeparanoia,

AreaFour20

That's awesome BH thanks for sharing!
I too, ordered a MFLB on Saturday and was in my mailbox monday morning!
Wow! Magic Flight doesn't waist any time getting your order to you. Thank you Ariel!!:D

AreaFour20,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
spooky said:
I don't understand the moderator warnings. I read the rules and I haven't broken any of them. I haven't been writing "to offend". I didn't post to disrupt the "peace and harmony" nor was I "starting a dispute". I was simply stating my opinion, pure and simple. So what if I don't have the same opinion as most others?
While you have posted an opinion, you have not posted feedback -- there is a difference. In particular, you ignored requests to state specific reasons or details for your discontent -- things which would specifically allow others to independently review if your usage technique or your expectations are faulty. If it turns out that your 100% dissatisfaction is most likely a result of technique or unreasonable expectations, then people are justified in ignoring your opinion and discounting your advice. If your problems were not due to technique or expectation, these same details would allow us to see if warranty efforts are needed.

However, given your observable action of not providing any sort of rational or justified or natural/evidential reasons for your opinion, or even any possible way to evaluate your level of understanding of what constitutes a reasonable expectation, it seems that your your negative response
is purely emotional and stems from reasons other than an ideal of helpfulness.

Keep in mind that part of the reason people think you are a troll is the unqualified "100% dissatisfied" assertion -- ie, a direct implication and statement that in your mind there is absolutely no -- not even one -- redeeming feature of the Box. If you were to agree, for example, that you liked any single fact about the Box -- ie, that it was made out of wood, or that it was small, or that it used batteries rather than butane -- then you would not be able to claim exactly 100% dissatisfied. It would have to be at least something less than that -- perhaps 99% dissatisfied -- at which point, people could reasonably ask what features constitutes the majority of your percentage rating. It then becomes a case of considering if your expectations are even reasonable -- which leads us back to the above. If your expectations have little to do with small and/or portable, then you are effectively acting like a troll -- otherwise the incontestable fact of its smallness and portability would count more significantly against the percentage -- you could be at most 65% dissatisfied, perhaps.

Therefore, there can be little doubt from the mere fact of your posting your opinion about "100% dissatisfied" that your intent at the time of that post more about attempting to offend, disrupt the peace, and/or start a dispute. In fact, it cannot not seem that you are doing all three. The moderator is correct in his actions. In my opinion, based one facts above that the moderator has already been lenient with you and given you a 2nd chance. A direct interpretation of the above facts and logic leaves little room for doubt about your intentions and could easily justify a complete ban just on the basis of your one post -- leaving alone any comments following or history -- both of which also support the "intention to disrupt" conclusion.

spooky said:
I have absolutely nothing against the maker of the box, I just happen to think it's a useless product. It's a shame that sites like this give people a false impression when the forum nazis feel compelled to censor honest feedback simply because they don't agree with it. Given the nature of this site, I'm surprised the moderators aren't more easy-going and open-minded to alternative points of view.
The moderators have already demonstrated that they are both easy going and open minded. The mere fact that they merely warned you is ample enough proof. Keep in mind that the number of "interventions" that have occurred in this thread have been very few and far between -- occurring when there is clear and obvious reason.

spooky said:
Had I read some negative reviews prior to purchasing, maybe I wouldn't have wasted my money in the first place.
You had already posted negative reviews prior to your purchasing. Why did you purchase it? After all, you are the one who posted on 2009-04-24:

spooky said:
i'll stick with joints if i need something on the go for now, and save my money for a more refined portable when someone introduces one.. this sure won't be it
A number of other negative comments, clearly prior to your purchase, have also been made. We never asked or even suggested that you should purchase one. Given all of that, your electing t "waste" your money on it is entirely of your own doing.

magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
indigal said:
momofthegoons said:
On another note, I had a funny experience today. As those of you who use the LB know, there is sort of a distinct way you hold your hand over the box when you are hitting it native to be stealthy. No one who didn't use one would know; maybe just think you're holding your hand a little weird by your face. So, I'm driving up north on I-75 today and I see this trucker, holding his hand by his facing, but taking it away every so often. No doubt about it, he was hitting a LB. I gave him a thumbs up and he got this shit eating grin on his face and blew his horn. I had to laugh.
That's great! :lol:
I had my first Iolite in the wild sighting. Some guy was on his bike on some trails in the park by me, holding it up trying to look sly. No one noticed but me :).
I read this and was ROFL: people are beginning to notice the Magic-Flight Salute! That is absolutely FABULOUS! I Love it! Its like some sort of secret handshake -- some way to know for sure who is cool.

magicflight,

george

the whip tube attachment...would it connect my box to say, a bubbler?, or does it only work for bongs? i cant find a picture of the end of the tube so could someone help me out?

george,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
The end of the whip supplied by MF is a short stem. There is one on each end. It is the same diameter as the stem supplied with the box.

momofthegoons,

george

momofthegoons said:
The end of the whip supplied by MF is a short stem. There is one on each end. It is the same diameter as the stem supplied with the box.
oh ok. great. Seems like that would fit perfect for any pipe, i think

george,

sgvpunk

I just wanted to drop by again and say how much i love this unit!!! It's all I ever use now. The only exception was when i ran out of batteries and i was forced to burn my medicine. I forgot how that tasted, the vape flavor from the LB is sooooo much better!!!! Thanks again magic flight for the incredible product. :)

sgvpunk,

VapeArts

Lucid Dreamer
I recently bought a whip from MF. I had been using my LB for three or four months and had not bothered getting a whip because I didn't see many favorable comments about them here. I was pleasantly surprised that when I used the whip I found that it cooled the vape more than I expected and I enjoyed being able to look down on the bowl while using it. I gave one to a friend and she also liked it a lot.

Given the low price of the whip I think it's worth trying and is especially nice for home use where stealth is probably not an issue. If you don't like it you can always remove the two short stem ends and use them as an alternate or backup to the long stem the LB comes with. Or like others have been discussing you could use the whip to connect your LB to a bong or water pipe.

VapeArts,
Like I said almost 50 posts ago - Spooky is a troll.:/

And not even a very good one. Everybody should have just ignored him and he would just crawl back under the bridge/rock he came from.

MagicFlight illustrated clearly that he was posting negatives before even getting one (IF he even HAS one, that is).

And, when called on the carpet about his comments, he calls mods "forum nazis." Obviously trying to instigate. If you respond to it, it will only encourage him.

Mod note: Calling a member a troll is considered flaming. "All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner. All members should respect and adhere to the promotion of harmony within the community. Do not attempt to disrupt the community in any way.
No flaming. Please do not post any messages that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another member."

Howie Feltersnatch,

sneezyjesus

Lightly Toasted
HEY SPOOKY.

Really hope that got your attention. If you are in fact being genuine, then seriously, just post some specific points already. If you do this, then guess what: people won't give you shit. I've seen enough people who come to this forum with legitimate opinions crash and burn because they decided to post in a fucking stupid way. Your last response had proper grammar and you spoke directly, so either you are a reasonable person or just an asshole who tries to hard to be genuine. Line up some legitimate facts, hell maybe even a bullet list of the aspects that did not work for you. If you can't do this, then stop posting. I personally get pretty tired of people never making an actual case for their opinions.

And if you're a troll then wow, try harder next time at least; this was the worst attempt at getting a rise I've ever seen.

peace.

Edit: I'll state that I've most definitely been in a bad mood today. I changed the troll/shut up/jesus part, which could have been more pc. Still made the points I wanted to though; I only ask you too keep in mind that I specifically worded my post to only be insulting to one who wasn't genuine, and neutral if they were. An apology to the mods if it was a bit to close to flaming, (No sarcasm).

Mod note: Your post is unnecessary and considered flaming. Please don't get personal with members whose posts you don't agree with. "All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner. All members should respect and adhere to the promotion of harmony within the community. Do not attempt to disrupt the community in any way.
No flaming. Please do not post any messages that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another member."

sneezyjesus,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi Howie/SneezyJ,

The reason I replied Spooky was in answer the specific implied request for clarification in his leading statement "I do not understand the moderators actions...". Regardless of whatever else was being written, this was a fair request for additional information and one which I could see might be a point of confusion for other readers as well. Hence my efforts to clarify specifically why I thought that the moderators action was actually very reasonable and "just". It should also be noted that this is NOT an attempt to speak on their behalf -- they are very capable of doing that themselves.

Moreover than this I also had two additional objectives in my posting:
1) I wanted to delineate a proposed non-arbitrary procedural basis by which the boundary between "stating an opinion" and "acting to offend" could be clearly, simply, and unambiguously determined, and
2) I wanted to specify for Spooky, and anyone else of similar temperament, a clear and unambiguous statement of forum expectation and communicative reciprocity in this thread.

In regards to #1 above, I believe that the conceptual techniques demonstrated as being at the basis of exactly distinguishing between offensive and non-offensive communication styles are of more general usefulness, both in this forum and elsewhere, and therefore worth elucidating for their own sake alone.

The moderators are probably rather busy people. If my thoughts and expressions on this matter are helpful to them, then I perhaps I have repaid in small part the debt of service that they have already given to all of us. Make no mistake -- the moderators and maintainers of this forum are in service to this community. They give their time and efforts to assist us. Therefore in the interests of reciprocity, it is right and best that we should similarly assist them -- even if that means merely ensuring that we do not ever needlessly take up their time by failing to act reasonably civil to one another.

In regards to objective #2 above, Spooky now has a clear choice. He (she?) can elect to simply discontinue communicating altogether OR he could provide specifics about his usage technique and expectations. If he elects to discontinue, everyone should be very sure that this in itself does NOT provide implication or opportunity for our judgment of his actions in so doing. There could be many reasons why no further posts are given: lost internet connection, health problems, too busy for detailed engagement, etc. However, if he does elect to continue, he will do so knowing full well that he opens himself to one of the following three potential outcomes: 1) he looses public credibility due to identified unreasonable expectations, 2) faulty usage technique gets identified and resolved, (which might result in something of to a public reversal of his stated opinion), or 3) if neither of the forgoing (ie, his expectations are reasonable and technique is good), then it is clear that unit itself that he has can be identified as being faulty, and therefore eligible for warranty action on our part. Only in the first outcome is there any chance that he would remain "completely dissatisfied". Otherwise, regardless of how things move forward, it is certain to be resolved one way or another in regards to the forum.

Therefore, at this point, it is clear no further action on our part is required. In agreement with recommendation, I would advise all posters to simply let the matter with Spooky drop and to move on to other more interesting discussion topics.

-- Magic-Flight

EDIT: I noticed afterwards the additional moderator comments added while writing this post. If this post is deemed also problematic, I hereby pre-approve any actions/edits needed.

magicflight,

B.

War Criminal
More interesting topics...like maybe an update on the power cord? :p

I'm guessing its still in limbo or we would've heard from ya already.

B.,

StickyShisha2

not that this thread needs another testimonial, but my MFLB works great and the dozen or so people who have used mine also loved it. Two of my friends have since bought their own.

StickyShisha2,

sneezyjesus

Lightly Toasted
Magic Flight team-

Your posts never do anything less than reassure me of your ethics and competency; gotta love people who think their words out :2c: (It's more than I do from time to time.)

I completely agree on your points regarding ambiguity in people posting style and frequency. That being said, I tried to respond accordingly to Spooky, but seemed to have injected a bit too much of my personal thoughts on the matter. Se la vi, I hope my character has not been judged too harshly, and did try and explain my objective in posting. I'd also like to second your thoughts on the mods who are, in my words, saints for just starting and maintaining a kickass site such as this. My apparent fault is only based around my personal annoyance at people who fail to justify the things they say, and while I also truly hope he continues towards some beneficial goal in regards to the LB, as I said Se la vi. In any case.....

I would love to second the inquiry about the Power Cord which would make this the notperfectasthereisnotbestvapebutstilldamngood vape. Hope to hear some news! (If not I'm getting it in a week anyway :D)

Also, Since this post already looks long writing it, I'll add in some impressions I've gotten from using my friends newly bought LB:

Airflow: Unique among the vaporizers I've found. Capable of producing both thick and light hits, while maintaining one of the most relaxed pulls I've ever had from a vaporizer, given the prior stated variability. Very mellow usage is almost present to the point of enforced enjoyment; I've never "tried" to hit it bar the first time. Also I'd note that the air path is quite interesting, going over, under, and through the bud. One thing I'd like to clarify is the necessity of the small slit in the top of the box that allows for air to travel from the cut-out in which the copper/steel wire resides into the trench area? (Airflow assist possibly?)

Time: Just the most curious and yet intuitive way of using the energy source. I usually wait 4 seconds of battery insertion, (or just a deep inhale/exhale) and then pull. Sometimes for funsies I look down the tube to see the vapor form in front of the LED. I've only pulled for a max of maybe 15 seconds from lack of willpower to continue after the massive hit I get, as well as it getting understandably hot after said period.

Power: In regards to the power of extraction, I've seen my friend choco-brown a bowl that had powder-bud in it, as well as achieving the same thing with a larger grind (though with slightly more effort). Me and him both noticed recently that a fresh battery will indeed make the difference as compared to one that is almost gone (Never an issue unless you are roasting several fraction-trenches). And on the point of battery power being employed in this vape; an incredible point of ease in the product. My friend bought four batteries and has the four battery, 2.5 hour charger, which he pointed out would be quite difficult to go through in a day for one person at my or his usage level.

Buffness: This thing is "buffer" than I originally assumed; I always thought Birch wood was a curious choice given my impression that it was a weaker wood, but the LB is rock solid and quite cleverly designed at that.
All the materials bar the excusable screen would never cause me to doubt their reliability, and the precision of the craft involved is evident in is incredible smoothness of action in both battery insertion and cover closing.

In short, I can't wait for mine :drool:

sneezyjesus,

Vapid

Just wanted to say "hi" -- another satisfied customer here. I read through the developer thread (or whatever it was called) regarding the prototypes, as well as the launch tube -- fascinating the amount of work that went into this little bugger. And from page 70 or so through to the end of this one.

Ordered mine from Blissville on Friday afternoon and was vapin' for lunch on Monday! Totally sweet.

Now, I need to find a way to mount it INSIDE a water bottle and spring-load the battery so it powers on when you squeeze it. Now that's stealth!

... and I suppose I'll need to order from the "Leftorium" if I want one with the battery on the other side ...

Thanks again, flight crew!

Vapid

Vapid,

edogJface

Hi everyone,

I got my LB on Sunday and I have been loving it. I do have a question. How much air flow should there be in a draw? I'm finding that it can be a little bit straining on the lungs. If anhone has any comments i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

edogJface,

anoncaster

:ko::ko::ko::ko::ko:
Just wanted to stop by again and leave a little note for all the future MF fans! I have had almost 2 full days to evaluate this magic box and I have to say I am amazed. I am a big time bowl burner talking 2-5 grms a day of ISS. I did an experiment when I received my MFLB I only ground .5 grms at a time since I received it Monday at 10am. I finished one .5 dose the first day sharing with my wife and a friend who stopped by and we were all wasted wasted like please god don't load another bowl wasted!!! I ground up another .5 this morning and put it in the little clear case MF sends with the kit. Between the wife and I ( who passed out hours ago) we took one pinch that didn't even show out of the edge of your fingers and loaded it. It was enough to knock her out for the evening even with an extreme ear infection. I was noticeably altered but had one more pinch like the previous and I am damn near comatose.

I have found micro managing the battery to be very helpful in controlling temp if you are going for long hits.

Instructions as follows:
Train your lungs like you are going to go under water and do a breath holding competition ig. Inhale full and exhale fully a couple of time basically short hyperventilating yourself

The trick to this technique is how you grip the battery as to allow yourself to just dislodge the battery from the positive terminal for a split second instead of speeding up your draw rate to cool off the vapor.
You grip the box and battery in such a way to make very minimal movements of the battery so that you can just dislodge and push the battery back the fraction of an inch you moved it.

Insert battery and wait till you see vapor in front of the LED

start to draw slowly like you are in for the end of the bowl.

when the vapor starts to warm dislodge the battery for just a split second (you will feel the vape temp drop) and reconnect. All the while continuing to draw at the same rate you started at.

I give the box a good thump on the bottom every few seconds just to stir the contents for even cooking.

I have seemed to get a lot more comfortable vapor from this method rather than drawing at a varying pace. Which can lead to high air to vape ratio.

If you are a long time use and haven't tried this with the LB give it a try and report back.

Also your batteries don't get nearly as hot or stressed out which will make the expensive eneloops last a lot longer. I tested all of my batts between sessions and if you do the pull out method it really does take a lot less out of the batts for the same amount of material.

This would definitely be the way to conserve batteries.

I am an avid Electric R/C airplane pilot and have lots of nifty battery monitoring tools. I am going to hook my 100amp shunt in line with the batt and see what is going on in there. I can even upload graphs of the voltage curve for different batteries and such.

Here is the monitoring equipment I am talking about if MF is interested.

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/MicroPower/micro.htm

anoncaster,

VapeArts

Lucid Dreamer
edogJface said:
Hi everyone,

I got my LB on Sunday and I have been loving it. I do have a question. How much air flow should there be in a draw? I'm finding that it can be a little bit straining on the lungs. If anyone has any comments i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
There have been some LBs that don't have enough of an air path by the copper wire that is visible behind the trench/bowl on the top of the LB. Your's may have that problem. I would contact Magic-Flight about it.

VapeArts,

blakeshotgun

sneezyjesus said:
Buffness: This thing is "buffer" than I originally assumed; I always thought Birch wood was a curious choice given my impression that it was a weaker wood, but the LB is rock solid and quite cleverly designed at that.
Birch, huh?

I was going to smoke out a friend this weekend who happens to be - I kid you not - allergic to birch. Like, it's his biggest allergy (we had a talk about allergies while very medicated once). Pollen is a nightmare and drinking root beer that includes birch leads to vomiting. I don't know how contact with the wood treats him though. I assume it's probably totally cool for him to even hit it natively... what do you guys think?

blakeshotgun,

stuey

stuey said:
The screen on the one side of the trench looks like its come out of the circular groove and is sinking.

I have always been really careful when cleaning the LB so its not due to "heavy handiness"

I dont think its effecting performance yet, but its obviously worrying me a bit.

Has anyone else had this happen?
I reported this a while ago and thought Id give everyone an update.

First up, it hasn't "sunk" any further.

I got in touch with MF expecting it to be a replacement and they said that it probably wouldnt effect the performance of the LB. After using it many times since, I can say that honestly it dosent effect the performance. The LB is working just as well.

It does bug me a bit (I'm that sort of person) but I am starting to notice it less.

Since getting the LB I have really taken to vaping rather than smoking.

IMO the LB is great. Its small and portable. It runs on batteries. Its efficient. Its stealthy.

Personally I dont see the need for another vape (although I must admit I have never tried another vape.. but cant really see how a desktop vape would be "better").

I dont think vaping is for everyone though. A lot of my friends dont like the LB (or vapes in general) they just prefer a joint. The vape high is different. Personally I prefer it but its not for everyone.

stuey,

Budz Bunny

anoncaster said:
:ko::ko::ko::ko::ko:
I am an avid Electric R/C airplane pilot.
Me too - mostly helicopters though. Nitro and Electric. Not as much anymore as I used to. Crashing just costs too much. :lol:

anoncaster said:
I can even upload graphs of the voltage curve for different batteries and such.
I just rigged up my triton charger with a single AA battery holder so I can cycle batteries. Its interesting to see how the capacity is increased with cycling. I was able to draw 2180mA out of an eneloop so far. Thats discharge also. They are rated at 2100mA.

I would be VERY interested in some voltage curves, especially at high discharge rates. I read somewhere that the LD NiMh batteries have a slightly higher voltage than regular NiMh, and that the voltage drops less with high current than regular NiMh. We could finally figure out the ideal LB battery (if that has not already been done)

Budz Bunny,

Immune

HI, I'm to lazy/high to read the thread but did we decide what the best charger was for the Sanyo eneloops that the MFLB come with.

Immune,

spooky

sneezyjesus said:
HEY SPOOKY.
...Line up some legitimate facts, hell maybe even a bullet list of the aspects that did not work for you. If you can't do this, then stop posting. I personally get pretty tired of people never making an actual case for their opinions....
The amount I use in my other vapes (to get a significant effect) has almost no effect when used in the box. Doubling the amount gets me a *slight* effect. Using 4x the amount may do the trick, but I can't afford that. When I first bought the thing I actually liked it since I assumed I just needed to develop a technique.

I've tried ever trick in the book listed in the forum (different grinds, quantities, stir, shake, (or not), different batteries, etc. etc.) but it doesn't help much.

I also find the design to be awkward (now I'm stuck with these peeled batteries, some of which were tricky to peel cleanly) but I would gladly forgive this if I felt the product worked well.

And yes, my other vapes are plug-in "home" models, but I don't think that should matter. After all, my laptop has more power than my desktop computer and my mobile phone has way more features than my home phone.

Anyways, hopefully I don't get kicked off for writing this. I'm not a troll at all. I just don't agree with much of what is posted here. I figure there must be some exaggeration going on (or *something* strange going on) so I thought I would set the record straight (as I see it).

I should also mention that the device does heat up, so I don't think it is simply defective.

spooky,
Top Bottom