Immune

HI, I'm to lazy/high to read the thread but did we decide what the best charger was for the Sanyo eneloops that the MFLB come with.

Modnote: Please read the forum rules before posting again. Double posting is not allowed and reading threads before posting in them is required. Try the How to search sticky at the top of this forum.

Immune,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
spooky said:
I just don't agree with much of what is posted here. I figure there must be some exaggeration going on (or *something* strange going on) so I thought I would set the record straight (as I see it).

I should also mention that the device does heat up, so I don't think it is simply defective.
Of course, you are entitled to your opinion. Opinions are like belly buttons, everybody has one. ;)

I know I love my Launch Box (as the majority of people do), and couldn't live without it now, and that is no exaggeration! :D

Vicki,

max

Out to lunch
spooky said:
Anyways, hopefully I don't get kicked off for writing this. I'm not a troll at all.
When you more than meet the standard for trolling (almost every post on the forum a non specific slam of one particular model), you shouldn't be surprised if you're labeled as such. Glad you decided to finally make a negative post that actually has some value.

I should also mention that the device does heat up, so I don't think it is simply defective.
Well, it's either defective or the other two options still apply. Since you have other vapes to compare and you say you only get a slight effect with a good amount, I'd narrow it down to either a defective box or user error. Since Magic Flight has such a great warranty, I don't know why you wouldn't want to take advantage of it.

As for any further posts on the subject/problem here on the forum, we're not going to further sidetrack the thread with fruitless discussion or argument. There's plenty of info here on how to use the box, and if you want any tips you haven't seen, please contact MF at blissville.com to discuss a solution. If you end up with the same results you have now, after all options have been used or considered, you're welcome to make a final post on the subject. There's no need for more discussion than that. Trying to convince potential buyers, against overwhelming positive response, that the LB is a waste of money, is a waste of time and WILL be considered as trolling.

max,

stuey

I would suggest that Spooky has a faulty LB.

My original box was faulty; it didnt get quite hot enough.

The symptoms of this were that the weed remained green after 6-12 hits (it very rarely blackened) also there was absolutely no visible vapour no matter how slow or long I pulled.

The replacement was completely different.

I think Spooky needs to think a bit more logically.

A lot of people are saying the LB works really well, gives decent hits and gets you pretty high!.

Its fair to say that there are enough people reporting this to reflect a decent cross section of the smoking community. So when one person has results so far from the norm its more likely this is due to a faulty product rather than the group "over rating" the product.

So my first step would be to get a replacement and try that.

stuey,

wolf torn

The way Spooky writes I don't even think he owns one

Think Spooky is competition to the launch box and is losing :lol:

wolf torn,

max

Out to lunch
As for any further posts on the subject/problem here on the forum, we're not going to further sidetrack the thread with fruitless discussion or argument.
This goes for comments or suggestions from anyone, concerning spooky's issue.

max,

steven22

so... LB is awesome... been using it for a while

anyways

lost the mouth piece, what is a good cheap local alternative?... really dont wanna spend more than a dollar or 2 for one and I dont like using it native.

and what size is that rubberband?... i want a ton of them too.

steven22,

stuey

steven22 said:
so... LB is awesome... been using it for a while

anyways

lost the mouth piece, what is a good cheap local alternative?... really dont wanna spend more than a dollar or 2 for one and I dont like using it native.

Give it a few more goes native.

At first I didnt like hitting it native, but have since found it delivers a better hit (its to do with the narrower hole when the pipe is inserted)

stuey,

sneezyjesus

Lightly Toasted
I'm sorry for posting one last thing on the spooky subject, but since he doesn't have an email listed I had no other way of saying this to him: If you want any troubleshooting help on the LB, my email is open and I have one in my apartment to reference if you'd like to further determine if yours is in fact defective. Thanks for taking the time to respond :peace:

As per trying to not make my post completely off subject: How have people's experiences with keif been on this little beast?

sneezyjesus,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
spooky said:
The amount I use in my other vapes (to get a significant effect) has almost no effect when used in the box. ... I've tried ever trick in the book listed in the forum (different grinds, quantities, stir, shake, (or not), different batteries, etc. etc.) but it doesn't help much. .... the device does heat up, so I don't think it is simply defective.
Hi Spooky,

Given that you have tried everything posted on this forum, can you email me the results of your temperature calibration test? The mere fact that it heats up is not by itself sufficient to determine that it is heating up enough -- there are certain minimum temperatures that are needed for full effect. If you can send a clear picture of the ABV in your Box, it would go a long way to help me figure out whats going on and what we can do to help (use the "Macro" mode on the camera if you have one -- otherwise give us the best you can).

Also, I would recommend testing with just a light layer on the bottom (ie, less, not more).

-- Magic-Flight

EDIT: I saw the moderator response after I wrote this post: Altered the above to request that the post of ABV pictures be sent via email direct to us so we can see what can be done.

EDIT2: Clearly I have not been checking in on this thread fast enough -- given the later moderator request, I pre-approve my/this post here and the one after it to get removed from the thread if that seems worthwhile to do to restore thread integrity.

magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
lowfront said:
We all understand you don't like the product ... and no one cares :lol:
Actually, I do care. We have the warranty in place for a reason. While we acknowledge that there will be those people who (for whatever reasons) do not like/appreciate our product, we are absolutely committed to ensuring that there is best possible opportunity for success. If there is something wrong with the unit, I want to know and get it fixed.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
anoncaster said:
I am an avid Electric R/C airplane pilot and have lots of nifty battery monitoring tools. I am going to hook my 100amp shunt in line with the batt and see what is going on in there. I can even upload graphs of the voltage curve for different batteries and such. Here is the monitoring equipment I am talking about if MF is interested.
http://www.eagletreesystems.com/MicroPower/micro.htm
Hi,

I had a look at the specifications for the monitoring equipment you linked to. It looks great except that they say it will track 5V and above. The Box tends to run at about 0.75V so direct measurement with that equipment may be a bit tricky -- but definitely keep us posted if that works out.

Since there seems to be interest in this sort of thing, I will see if I can get some thermal graphs posted of the unit in operation from one of our testing benches.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
steven22 said:

Hi,

For a really inexpensive replacement stem, you might find that there is a drink straw size that fits -- try different ones from different places -- it is likely that at least one will work.

The band is custom -- we have them manufactured to our specs due to the odd size. I don't think that there is really another source for these. Given the small size/weight, you might be able to work something out with the BlissSville folk for these.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Immune said:
HI, I'm to lazy/high to read the thread but did we decide what the best charger was for the Sanyo eneloops that the MFLB come with.
Hi,

Near as can be determined, the MAHA MH-C9000 is the "best" charger for all NiMH battery types. It is also somewhat more complex to use and is among the more expensive. However, for the Sanyo Batteries specifically, the Sanyo charger is "best" -- it has the most smarts tuned particularly for their specific battery brand.

Also, the notion of "best" is a bit fuzzy -- what criterion defines best? If you are looking for fastest, then the Energizer 15 minute charger is fastest.

Finally, be aware that being "too high/lazy" to do your own research is an invitation for people here to be "too high/lazy" to do it for you. Since this is something of a final determination on a topic already discussed extensively, it is unlikely that future queries for this sort of information will get much response.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

dub

vapor newb
sneezyjesus said:
I'm sorry for posting one last thing on the spooky subject, but since he doesn't have an email listed I had no other way of saying this to him: If you want any troubleshooting help on the LB, my email is open and I have one in my apartment to reference if you'd like to further determine if yours is in fact defective. Thanks for taking the time to respond :peace:

As per trying to not make my post completely off subject: How have people's experiences with keif been on this little beast?
im newish to vaping i hav the LB , iolite and SSV , after using all the vapes for awhile i now only use the LB for keif not that its not good with weed (it is) , its just the hits i get off this badboy wit the tinyest amounts of keif is unbelievable :)

dub,

TwztedVaper

Boom Shankar
COMPLETELY sold on this thing! fucking amazing. can't wait to get my hands on one. I'm currently in India, d'you think I should order and have it shipped here or wait a couple of months till I get back to Canada? can't wait to vape :D gonna be so fucking cool.

TwztedVaper,

B.

War Criminal
"Finally, be aware that being "too high/lazy" to do your own research is an invitation for people here to be "too high/lazy" to do it for you."
:lol:

B.,

Immune

magicflight said:
Finally, be aware that being "too high/lazy" to do your own research is an invitation for people here to be "too high/lazy" to do it for you. Since this is something of a final determination on a topic already discussed extensively, it is unlikely that future queries for this sort of information will get much response.

-- Magic-Flight
I just wanted to ask before I did research because people like you already know the answer. If Fuck Combustion had a search thread option then I wouldn't of even asked it. 152 Pages is a long read though.
Thanks for the info!!!!

Immune,

sneezyjesus

Lightly Toasted
Immune said:
magicflight said:

-- Magic-Flight
I just wanted to ask before I did research because people like you already know the answer. If Fuck Combustion had a search thread option then I wouldn't of even asked it. 152 Pages is a long read though.
Thanks for the info!!!!
I had the same problem as you with finding the right the search function at first, so let me warp you up to speed; One of the drop down menus actually lets you search by post. This allows a decent degree of accuracy if you use the right search criteria. No worries as searching an entire thread might be a bit daunting, but remember that with such a long thread existing, almost every question has already been answered at least once. (Tip: Don't just get high and lazy, get REALLY baked: it'll make the searching more fun :p)

sneezyjesus,

toadyfatz

Immune said:
I've can highly recommend the powerex MH-C9000.....I think I read back a few pages that this is the same charger magicflight uses also. It has brought all my batteries back to life!!!

toadyfatz,

stuey

toadyfatz said:
Immune said:
I've can highly recommend the powerex MH-C9000.....I think I read back a few pages that this is the same charger magicflight uses also. It has brought all my batteries back to life!!!
I have the BC-900

Which is also great.

Of the two I think the MH-C9000 is the better charger (but there isnt much in it) however the reason I went for the BC-900 was the MH-C9000 has a back-light thats perminately switched on. I didnt fancy the glow at night.

The BC-900 is also a bit cheaper, but my decision really centred around the backlight.

stuey,

Furiouslyfapping

I've had my box for quite a while now and I am in love with this thing. I haven't smoked but less than 10 times in the past 4 months or so. Also; BlisssVille you guys have great customer service - Ariel had my replacement box (a friend fucked my original up) shipped very quickly and this new baby rips! I also bought the whip from Blisssville for it and I love using it. The whip gives it that desirable "vaporizer piece" feeling that the box doesn't really have otherwise. Just my :2c: I think everybody should own one of these.

Furiouslyfapping,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Magicflight,

I am constantly, increasingly impressed by how you conduct yourself (and, of course, how magnificintly & simply functional the box is).

I hope that in 10 years (when you finally catch up with orders :p ) that you put a button on the side of the box that has to be pressed for it to heat AND enable the battery to be inline with the unit under the box (a glass 100X enlarging lens over the trench is still too much to ask...unfortunately :lol: ).

Never having to worry each time when someone passes the unit that they are going to leave the battery in PLUS no more battery sex! :D

side note: I recommend anyone who gets the box to get an extra set of batteries. One set of batteries can last one person through a pretty full day of vaping, and you then never have to worry about forgetting to put them in the charger. Always have a set in the charger and switch them before leaving the house. A GREAT $8 convenience, IMO! ;)

Toke it easy. :cool:

Progress,
Top Bottom