B.

War Criminal
any cheap coffe grinder you can get at walmart. I got one for ten bucks, grinds for my LB and for when I cook just fine.

B.,

ms.sooz

Vicki-

You can also use a small acrylic/metal cosmetics case. Or a small metal camera case. They look like mini-briefcases and have padding that could be cut to your needs. I am thinking about buying the metal camera case, mainly because it has a lock! If you are traveling, having this locked up might be extra protection :) They sell the cosmetic cases for around 20$ and the camera cases for around 30$ at Walmart.

ms.sooz,

ms.sooz

Has anyone used powdered hash (I used a mortar and pestle to powder/grind pre-pressed hash) along with finely ground marijuana in the LB? It seems to be doing okay, I kind of sandwiched it in between the MJ- seemed to just kind of stick to the MJ mix.

I'm kind of a newbie with MJ :p

ms.sooz,

GanjaRunner

A coffee grinder would be fine if I were smoking schwagg or even mids, but when you're holding like 2 grams of fire Tahoe OG, it's kind of wasteful to think about dropping it into a coffee grinder! If I were a grower and had lots of it available, I wouldn't care, but I'm not and I don't.

Actually, my SharpStone is OK, but the holes in it are really designed to grind the bud to the fineness that is perfect for combusting in a bong, not really fine enough for optimum LB usage.

I will say this. Anyone who has used the LB and hasn't gotten a good experience, 9 times out of 10 it's due to not having the bud ground fine enough. Let's just say that I've been smoking for over 30 years, thought I was either too much of a "hard head" or some-such, read a bit here, ground finer, and let me tell you what, that little LB took me to the Andromeda Galaxy last night! But...ya gotta grind FINE!

I'm just wondering if the little grinder that MF offers might be worth getting? What I find I do now, with really high-grade, super-sticky medical bud is to grind/cut it as fine as I can. Take one long pull on the LB, then dump it out and grind it again! Most really good bud is just too sticking to get a really fine grind the first time through. That second (or even third) grind will take you to where you want. Assuming the bud gets you with toking it, vaping the LB WILL work, if you grind fine.

Honestly, if I were the MFLB people, I'd throw that little grinder in there for free only becuase the main difference between an OK experience and a mindblowing one is how fine you grind. It's all about the surface area, baby!

GanjaRunner,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
ms.sooz said:
Vicki-

You can also use a small acrylic/metal cosmetics case. Or a small metal camera case. They look like mini-briefcases and have padding that could be cut to your needs. I am thinking about buying the metal camera case, mainly because it has a lock! If you are traveling, having this locked up might be extra protection :) They sell the cosmetic cases for around 20$ and the camera cases for around 30$ at Walmart.
I'm gonna check out Walmart later this week to see what they have. I have to go get my daughter the newest Pokemon game for the DS, so I thought I'd check at the same time. :)

Vicki,

fylgja

I use the little brush that came with the coffee grinder (or the one that came with the LB) to get the extra stuff out of the grinder. It works well and wastes nothing. A paint brush works well too. I've used medicinally a long time. I've used this method to make bhang often, and it's the only way to get a super fine grind that I have used. I've used lots of different types of grinders. This beats sitting there and twisting all day long while having less than satisfactory results. But if you don't brush the excess powder out you are missing out on some great kif. I still seperate the stems and seeds out before blending.

fylgja,

toadyfatz

fylgja said:
I use the little brush that came with the coffee grinder (or the one that came with the LB) to get the extra stuff out of the grinder. It works well and wastes nothing. A paint brush works well too. I've used medicinally a long time. I've used this method to make bhang often, and it's the only way to get a super fine grind that I have used. I've used lots of different types of grinders. This beats sitting there and twisting all day long while having less than satisfactory results. But if you don't brush the excess powder out you are missing out on some great kif. I still seperate the stems and seeds out before blending.
I do the exact same thing...I like this method much better than manual grinders. Works like a charm!

toadyfatz,

indigal

Amongst the corn
Attack of the vapors said:
Are you talking about an electric, blade style, coffee grinder or a hand-crank burr grinder?
I'd imagine an electric blade style.. I'd hate to deal with cleaning the sticky out of a good burr grinder! :)

indigal,

Budz Bunny

Are you talking about an electric, blade style, coffee grinder or a hand-crank burr grinder?
Electric plug-in the wall blade style. I have a Mr. Coffee, which was about $10 and it works GREAT. In mine, the cover has a few little plastic ridges in it, and the keif collects there, so when the grind is the right consistency I knock it down into the green and hit the bitten 1 or 2 short bursts to mix it back in. You can also take a little of it out and mis it with a little green and then into the LB....WOW!

Budz Bunny,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Scissors and a shot glass are my favorite grinding method for launch box. When use the sharpstone I always end up scissoring it afterward. Scissors for cutting hair are the best.

bluntfaced,

GanjaRunner

Hmm...

Maybe I will get a dedicated blade-style coffee grinder and just grind in that. If that's what you guys say works. I'm totally convinced that anyone who isn't getting totally blown away by this little guy is simply not grinding it fine enough.

You guys who are using the coffee grinders, how fine do you get it for the LB for maximum effect? I heard someone say salt size. Is that about right?

Thanks again, really learning a lot here.

GanjaRunner,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
bluntfaced said:
Scissors and a shot glass are my favorite grinding method for launch box. When use the sharpstone I always end up scissoring it afterward. Scissors for cutting hair are the best.
Crazy! When a buddy from school showed me that trick for the first time, I figured he had to be the only person who had thought of that. What an odd combination of tools, yet it does work. :/

While I love my 2-piece generic aluminium grinder, I hate how easily it binds up along the edge. Couple that with sweaty palms from the humidity and it's kinda hard to grind. I wish somebody made a grinder that had one of those Tylenol Arthritis bottle lids, with the 'serrated' edge for easy grip. I would think SOMEONE out there by now has designed a wooden one like that, and I'd love to get my hands on it.

mattybass,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
mattybass said:
bluntfaced said:
Crazy! When a buddy from school showed me that trick for the first time, I figured he had to be the only person who had thought of that. What an odd combination of tools, yet it does work. :/

While I love my 2-piece generic aluminium grinder, I hate how easily it binds up along the edge. Couple that with sweaty palms from the humidity and it's kinda hard to grind. I wish somebody made a grinder that had one of those Tylenol Arthritis bottle lids, with the 'serrated' edge for easy grip. I would think SOMEONE out there by now has designed a wooden one like that, and I'd love to get my hands on it.
Oh yeah this is the MFLB thread... well I have another 'pro' to add for anyone weighing this between another vape. Obviously your draw rate affects the temperature of your vape, but what other vape out there allows you to instantly change the temperature of the trench on the fly? The MFLB has it's miniature size to thank for that. With practice, one can easily draw fairly accurately the temperature they want. too hot, just breathe faster. If anything, this is a stealth advantage... you can literally get a complete hit from start to finish in 14 seconds in your jacket pocket. I dare any other vapes to do that :brow:

EDIT

Yeah, I meant to add this post as an edit to the last... sorry.

mattybass,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
mattybass said:
bluntfaced said:

I've got a 4 piece grinder with a little reel like a fishing pole. I'll take a picture of it when I get home tonight.

Tom

tdavie,

chucku

Charles Urbane
mattybass said:
bluntfaced said:

Don't Mendo Mulchers have an octoganal contour to their tops? That should make them easier to grip.

chucku,

Attack of the vapors

Magic Flight Attendant
Shipping update!
I ordered from Vapeworld on Friday at 2:06. They claimed to ship any order before 2:30. I figured late on Friday was a good test...
The magic flight was evidently cleared for final approach to NC today as it was in my mailbox at lunch...
Wow.
No combustibles yet, so a few impressions without using it...
1) It is bigger than I thought it would be. After reading 278 posts expressing surprise at how small it was, I must have really thought it might be microscopic. :D
2) I thought I read somewhere that there was no air drawn from the battery compartment out the tube. But when I draw on the draw hole and then cover the battery hole and the battery vent hole, there is a reduction, however slight in the airflow. Is this typical?
Actual usage review to follow when appropriate!

Attack of the vapors,

max

Out to lunch
chucku said:
Don't Mendo Mulchers have an octoganal contour to their tops? That should make them easier to grip.
Not mine- worse than round and smooth. The so-called alligator grip found on a lot of grinders is MUCH better IMO. It's a non-slip grip but still round, with no straight edges (like on the Mendo). Hand/finger sizes vary widely, but everyone can deal with a round top and a non-slip grip.

It is bigger than I thought it would be.
Don't hear that too much. Usually the reverse for most vapes. The pic on the main LB page at vapeworld shows the battery installed. That should give you a pretty good idea of the size. The problem with most vape pics on manufacturer and dealer sites is that there's no frame of reference. :/

max,

fylgja

GanjaRunner said:
Hmm...

Maybe I will get a dedicated blade-style coffee grinder and just grind in that. If that's what you guys say works. I'm totally convinced that anyone who isn't getting totally blown away by this little guy is simply not grinding it fine enough.

You guys who are using the coffee grinders, how fine do you get it for the LB for maximum effect? I heard someone say salt size. Is that about right?

Thanks again, really learning a lot here.
It should look like bread crumbs. I guess that's the best way to describe it. And the kif is all powdery. It vapes great.

fylgja,

GreenLeaf

Would anyone care to recommend an inexpensive grinder that would give the right grind consistency for the MFLB?
I just used the free 2 piece plastic grinder that Vapeworld gave me and that works fine.

When I would smoke out of a dugout or smoke a rare J and I didn't own a grinder I would just use scissors.

GreenLeaf,

mlo4sho

mflb.png

Lovin' the MFLB! This thing is so efficient, I threw in not even a .1 and got about 7-8 hits at least out of it. Not to mention, I was noticeably high, but a clean and clear high as I didn't feel tired. I loved my first experience with the MFLB and I can't wait to test it out further. I assume I didn't grind my buds down to perfect consistency (it was quite dank, needed to dry it out better) but overall the ABV was a dark brown almost black at points so I got a bunch of good rips. I didn't want to leave any green on the buds so I kept on tokin' :brow: All-in-all it was a great experience, I really love vaping now. That's all for now can't wait to try this out more extensively!

mlo4sho,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
yeah dude grind that ish up

A finer grind also makes it so it will vape consistently, less black spots when you are done, you can get out all the goodins without having to taste the nasty part that is starting to burn.

bluntfaced,

george

Surprised to get my box today. 1-day free shipping ;) , from puffitup. Really good service.

Got stoned really fast off 1/2 a trench. No learning curve after reading this thread.

george,
Top Bottom