Anthony

Anthony
lwien said:
Budz Bunny said:
Things that break down THC are sunlight and air.
and............heat. Even room temp heat can have a negative affect over time.
How long does it take for room temp. heat to have negative effect? I usually have a QP (114 Grams) on me and don't want it to go bad. I smoke like 1/4 a day ( 7ish grams) and I would assume that it must take a VERY long time for it to go bad at room temp.

Anthony,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
DevoTheStrange said:
I use a Space Case stash case. Got a nice airtight seal. They are metal so no light gets in. Nicely machined. Heres a link so you can see the different sizes offered. http://www.vapeworld.com/herb-grinders/space-case/stash-cases
There are also some good glass stash jars out there as well, just gotta look for them.
I already had the large size I use for my pre-grinded herb, for my LB. I went ahead and bought a small size to hold my kief. Thank you for this link. With the FC discount, it was just a little over $17.00. A very nice buy! :)

Now, I am just looking for a slightly larger tin that will hold both my storage containers, 4 batteries, and my Launch Box. Right now, it will not all fit in the tin that Magic Flight provides. :(

Vicki,

userchris

lwien said:
Anthony said:
How long does it take for room temp. heat to have negative effect? I usually have a QP (114 Grams) on me and don't want it to go bad. I smoke like 1/4 a day ( 7ish grams) and I would assume that it must take a VERY long time for it to go bad at room temp.
See >>>> http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=3138
Sweet, thanks for that link, good to know. 7% per month at 75F isn't bad at all, but it's definitely a good thing to know about.

userchris,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I dropped a battery earlier this evening, but it seems undamaged. I was really worried, but I think I dodged a bullet. :)

Vicki,

mlo4sho

Ordered 6/7/10 from puffitup.com. Shipped 6/8/10 and received 6/10/10. This package came from California and went to Rhode Island (where I live, duh!). Needless to say, this was EXTRA-FAST shipping, and it was just the standard Free Shipping included. So far I am very pleased with my purchase (just the service, price and shipping speed!), but of course I haven't been able to try out my great new vape. I'm low on money atm but as soon as I get some I'll be thoroughly testing this bad-boy and can hopefully write a great review. One thing I was surprised about (like everyone) was just how small this thing actually is. I knew it was tiny, but once I actually saw it in person I was still shocked! That's it for now, will check back after I've tested. :peace:

mlo4sho,

GanjaRunner

@Anthony, thanks for the thoughts on the Zephyr. I have a feeling, before all is said and done, I'm going to end up owning a lot more than one or two vapes!

As someone else mentioned, each has their own subtleties. So far, the LB is really, really sweet. I pretty much have my heart set on a Cloud...but a lot of that depends on when it actually becomes available. I can wait another month...more than that, I'll probably look into the Zephyr or the Extreme Q or possibly even a MyrtleZap or something more "home use" oriented. The LB is actually working surprisingly well for me...and I am by no means what one would consider a "light weight", so it's really quite an amazing device.

On another thought...are there different wood finishes available? The reason I ask is the one I bought at my local MMJ coop appears to be a very light wood where some I've seen in photos appears to be much darker/reddish than mine. I understand that no two pieces are going to be exactly the same, they're made out of WOOD, but I was wondering if the MF people were offering different wood grains?

Also, what exactly are we supposed to be getting in a "kit"? Maybe what you get from different online shops are different than what you get if you buy from a store-front? Here's what was in my kit:
Tin
MFLB
Pouch
One 2" draw tube
Brush
Rubber Bands
2 Batteries
Charger
Instruction paper
Brochure

I didn't get a sticker or a stash jar or a smaller draw tube. I don't really care about the stash jar and what's a guy pushing 50 going to do with a sticker? But that little draw tube would be nice! Any possibility of hitting MF up for one of those? Just wondering if every kit is supposed to be the same, or if some shops have a better kit/deal than others? Just wondering....

GanjaRunner,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I believe I read they stopped sending the short tubes as they were considered a choking hazard (?). Most folks take that long tube and chop it into smaller ones these days.

I haven't heard of different wood being offered and not sure about different packages from different places. I've ordered direct from BlissSville and Vapeworld - received same things both times except the charger changed which is to be expected if you read this thread.

Good luck!

Lo,

max

Out to lunch
Just wondering if every kit is supposed to be the same
Every kit is the same. You only have the option to get anything but the standard kit (LB w/no charger, etc.) if you buy from Blissville.

max,

GanjaRunner

Cool, guys, thanks a lot.

I though about cutting the tube myself, but I think I'd like to get a spare tube and work on that. Having the long one is nice for non-stealth operations. The little shorty tube would be perfect for stealth as it would be just slightly better than using it without any tube.

I'm sure I'll be getting another MFLB RSN. Either as a spare/back-up for myself, or as a possible gift.

GanjaRunner,

fylgja

Vicki said:
DevoTheStrange said:
I use a Space Case stash case. Got a nice airtight seal. They are metal so no light gets in. Nicely machined. Heres a link so you can see the different sizes offered. http://www.vapeworld.com/herb-grinders/space-case/stash-cases
There are also some good glass stash jars out there as well, just gotta look for them.
I already had the large size I use for my pre-grinded herb, for my LB. I went ahead and bought a small size to hold my kief. Thank you for this link. With the FC discount, it was just a little over $17.00. A very nice buy! :)

Now, I am just looking for a slightly larger tin that will hold both my storage containers, 4 batteries, and my Launch Box. Right now, it will not all fit in the tin that Magic Flight provides. :(
Oh, hey, you know what works great? A camera bag. Some of them even have a special place for rechargable batteries, and all other sorts of compartments for stuff. And they are patted, which protects your LB, and come in all sizes, colors, and types.

fylgja,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
fylgja said:
Vicki said:
DevoTheStrange said:

Oh, hey, you know what works great? A camera bag. Some of them even have a special place for rechargable batteries, and all other sorts of compartments for stuff. And they are patted, which protects your LB, and come in all sizes, colors, and types.
That's a great idea, and I didn't even consider it. However, looking at my own camera bag, it makes perfect sense. :)

I was really looking for something I could put into my purse. Right now, I can fit the provided tin in my purse. So, I only need something a little bit bigger than that.

My little stash case shipped today too. :)

Vicki,

BL4ZE

Hey guys I just got my Magic Flight Launch box in!! I've owned an SSV for over a year now and the launch box caught my eye. I realized there's just times where bringing or trying to find a place to plug in the ssv becomes a hassle. This should give me more versatility when i'm not smoking at home or a friends where I can easily use my ssv.

Alright now i'll get on to my thoughts/questions. So right after opening up the box and seeing what I call the lunch box (box the launch box comes in) was even smaller then I thought it was. I knew it was small but once you have it in your hands you realize how small it really is. Well right after looking at it and everything included I decided to put a little in the trench and try her out. So I put the battery in light comes on and after about 3 seconds I see vapor forming so I start to draw and take a pull for no longer then 10 seconds. The first hit seemed to taste a little off to me and almost reminded me of a combusted taste but it's been so long since i've combusted. So i took another hit and it tasted the same and after looking at the herb a few crumbs were black?. Now maybe it's because i've switched over to using my ssv attached to a bong and i'm use to the cooler hits? Plus I believe the launch box operates at 375 and I normally use my SSV around 320-340 ( use a digital temp gun) Or the last thing is that maybe the herb I have, that i thought tasted fine really doesn't :lol:
I'm going to let my buddy who still combust's use it later today and see what he thinks.

I have to say that those first two hits did get me off though, I think i'll throughly enjoy this vaporizer. :D

BL4ZE,

Attack of the vapors

Magic Flight Attendant
After reading the last 50 pages of posts in this thread, I decided to call air traffic control and have a Magic Flight scheduled to be sent my way...
I ordered at 2:05 today (friday) from vapeworld. I am really putting their "order in by 2:30 ships the same day" pledge to the test.
This will be my first vape. For that matter it's my first smoking device of any sort in 20 years.
Thanks for the guidance.

:peace:

Attack of the vapors,

chloe

Attack of the vapors said:
After reading the last 50 pages of posts in this thread, I decided to call air traffic control and have a Magic Flight scheduled to be sent my way...

:peace:
:lol:

thx!

chloe,

indigal

Amongst the corn
BL4ZE said:
Hey guys I just got my Magic Flight Launch box in!! I've owned an SSV for over a year now and the launch box caught my eye. I realized there's just times where bringing or trying to find a place to plug in the ssv becomes a hassle. This should give me more versatility when i'm not smoking at home or a friends where I can easily use my ssv.

Alright now i'll get on to my thoughts/questions. So right after opening up the box and seeing what I call the lunch box (box the launch box comes in) was even smaller then I thought it was. I knew it was small but once you have it in your hands you realize how small it really is. Well right after looking at it and everything included I decided to put a little in the trench and try her out. So I put the battery in light comes on and after about 3 seconds I see vapor forming so I start to draw and take a pull for no longer then 10 seconds. The first hit seemed to taste a little off to me and almost reminded me of a combusted taste but it's been so long since i've combusted. So i took another hit and it tasted the same and after looking at the herb a few crumbs were black?. Now maybe it's because i've switched over to using my ssv attached to a bong and i'm use to the cooler hits? Plus I believe the launch box operates at 375 and I normally use my SSV around 320-340 ( use a digital temp gun) Or the last thing is that maybe the herb I have, that i thought tasted fine really doesn't :lol:
I'm going to let my buddy who still combust's use it later today and see what he thinks.

I have to say that those first two hits did get me off though, I think i'll throughly enjoy this vaporizer. :D
I did the same thing the first time.. you will get the hang of it. I got black bits because I waited till I saw the vapor build. If you put the batt in and start to gently draw right away (speeding up or slowing down as needed) you can get it (and you) very nicely toasted with no over-cooked bits.

I've also learned that at the end of my draw, while still inhaling, I pull the batt out of contact and give it a strong suck. Sends the bits all circling like a vortex, mixes it up and cools at the same time. Then shake back into the trench and you're ready for the next hit.

indigal,

Budz Bunny

GanjaRunner said:
Also, what exactly are we supposed to be getting in a "kit"? Maybe what you get from different online shops are different than what you get if you buy from a store-front? Here's what was in my kit:
Tin
MFLB
Pouch
One 2" draw tube
Brush
Rubber Bands
2 Batteries
Charger
Instruction paper
Brochure
Thats exactly what mine had when I purchased locally. Mine has a 2-battery sanyo 4-hour charger, but I just bought a 2nd one (for a buddy) and it came with a 4-battery 2-hour charger and a small plastic stash jar.

GanjaRunner said:
I didn't get a sticker or a stash jar or a smaller draw tube. I don't really care about the stash jar and what's a guy pushing 50 going to do with a sticker? But that little draw tube would be nice!
I agree. I dont use the long tube and wish they included a shorter one instead. I use part of an old stem from my Iolite on mine. Its about 1" long.

Budz Bunny,

hanfhead

is high
indigal said:
I've also learned that at the end of my draw, while still inhaling, I pull the batt out of contact and give it a strong suck. Sends the bits all circling like a vortex, mixes it up and cools at the same time. Then shake back into the trench and you're ready for the next hit.
This is exactly how I do it. And turn it sideways and tap the side. Good tip here./\:2c:

hanfhead,
hanfhead said:
indigal said:
This is exactly how I do it. And turn it sideways and tap the side. Good tip here./\:2c:
Me too. I talked about it back in post #3217 May23, but nobody really acknowledged it. (hhhaaaa! sniff, sniff) Is it my breath?:lol:

I do it periodically while hitting too and I find I don't really have to turn it over at all.

Howie Feltersnatch,

GanjaRunner

OK, just wanted to give a big thumbs up to this forum and the people here-in. I have been very much enjoying my MFLB, but the tip on using a very fine grind made it even more enjoyable. Let's put it this way. This is the first weekend in a Loooooong time that Los Alacranes (my good bubbler) hasn't been used. By finely grinding up the material, I'm not just high, I'm STONED on some very good medical Redwood Master Kush...and the taste is like redwood mmmmm. Anyway, I digress. This is beautiful. What works for me, for the super-icky-sticky kind that we here in San Diego are very fortunate to have. First I pre-cut it a bit with my sissors, then upside-down grind in the Sharpstone. I vape this...VERY nice! Then...this is the trick, I dump it after the first vape and crush it up real fine with a razor blade. Then back in, and WOW!!!!! I mean, it's as good as a bong hit, or bubbler. Better, really, because of the TASTE and purity.

'nuff said, I'm Comfortably VAKED!

GanjaRunner,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
GanjaRunner said:
Cool, guys, thanks a lot.

I though about cutting the tube myself, but I think I'd like to get a spare tube and work on that. Having the long one is nice for non-stealth operations. The little shorty tube would be perfect for stealth as it would be just slightly better than using it without any tube.

I'm sure I'll be getting another MFLB RSN. Either as a spare/back-up for myself, or as a possible gift.
If you order the whip from blisssville it comes with two short tubes, one on each end. Just remove the whip hose and you have 2 short stems.

DeepFried,

SickCrab

just ordered my MFLB, it will be my first vap, glad to finally have something stealthy to toke from, illadelphs arent easy to hide.

SickCrab,
Top Bottom