Surfzen

When I received my MacBook, the packaging design blew me away and then to find the battery charged and when I turned it on it asked me if I wanted to connect to Surfzen wireless network I could not believe it. I received my iPad 3g on launch day and it was the same thing...perfect packaging and design and I fired it up within 5 minutes. Both products have been working perfectly ever since.

When I received my Launch Box I got the same feeling as when I received my Apple products. Hey I am 70 years old and it was like Christmas morning to me when my mom surprised me with a trumpet hidden behind the tree. Perfect packaging. Design that brings back memories of the 60's and 70's when I would spend hours choosing just the right accessory in the shop.

So here it was, batteries not only included but charged and ready to go. I opened the beautiful tin and took out the velvet bag and put in some nice silver pearl medical from SoCal Wellnes. Battery in and count to 10. Wow. Perfect. Back pain subsided within 3 minutes. I think my Inavap is going to be relegated to museum status.

It's a little breezy today but I am off to Bataquitos Lagoon for a little hike with my dog. Do you think I should take my Launch Box along just in case I need a taste?

I am happy. Hope you are too:brow:

Surfzen,

Qbit

cannabanana
Well it's the only portable battery-powered vape anyone is really talking about. It won't give you the rips of a hardcore home unit, but read the most recent several pages of the MFLB thread and you'll see that people are more than happy with it.

Qbit,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Nice first post Surfzen!! Welcome to FC and yeah, I bet your Inavap is going to be lonely :D

Lo,

username420

Go my mflb on Friday, used it about 10 times since then. I like it. Not just the device, but the experience.

My abv isn't turning brown though, like I thought it was supposed to. It's going straight to black and charred looking. Am I doing something wrong?

username420,

heartvapor

the Launch Box can't set off a smoke detector, right? Would I be able to use it in a coach bus bathroom? Because I assume they have very sensitive smoke detectors to prevent people from smoking cigarettes in there.

heartvapor,

seafare

Hi all, close I think to getting a MFLB but I had a really specific odor question and one more.

We used to smoke cigarettes, with all that came with... reduced sense of smell. You know -- a tobacco smoker can't tell that they themselves smell of smoke, or pick up on cigarette smoke at times. About a pack a day. We quit 6~ months ago and can really smell when exposed to cigarette smoke now. Now, with that in mind... in our apartment building, we NEVER smoked indoors, ever. Only backporch with windows/door closed as a hard rule for years. Even with our reduced sense of smell, we'd ALWAYS know if someone snuck a cigarette on our floor. It was obvious--the smell would be in the hallway. As smokers we could even tell.

With that in mind, how noticeable would a herbal smell be from the MFLB, would you think, relative? That's the make or break for us. We don't know how cool our building is because people are a bit private there, with an odd mix of old and young, singles, couples, and kids but have never smelled herbals and don't want to piss off the neighbors. This aside we adore where we live. We don't mind doing baked goods prepared elsewhere but miss the ease of 'smoke'.

The second question is if we had a full combustible bowl for just the two of us that could easily take us a whole evening. Two bowls, if going really really deep. How much material would be needed relative to that with the MFLB?

seafare,

stuey

1. There is very little smell.. its virtually odour free and the slight smell there is dosent have the weed smell you are used to so its unlikely anyone would smell anything and even if they did they probably wouldn't associate it with weed.

2. A bowl is about 0.2g

stuey,

stuey

heartvapor said:
the Launch Box can't set off a smoke detector, right? Would I be able to use it in a coach bus bathroom? Because I assume they have very sensitive smoke detectors to prevent people from smoking cigarettes in there.
Its very unlikely it would set it off. Try not lowing directly onto it.

stuey,

chloe

stuey said:
heartvapor said:
Its very unlikely it would set it off. Try not lowing directly onto it.
One thing to be careful about is one time I was using in a restaurant and I was keeping the vapor in my lungs and as the waitress came up and I ordered, a cloud of vapor came out while I told her my order :brow:

It slipped my mind at the time that you can get BIG hits off this lil guy...of course you can easily control that if you just drew more quickly for more invisible hits
:peace:

chloe,

heartvapor

I can easily hold (big) hits long enough that there's virtually no visible vapor when I exhale. I guess it'll be fine, I'll just exhale downwards just to be sure.

chloe said:
It slipped my mind at the time that you can get BIG hits off this lil guy...of course you can easily control that if you just drew more quickly for more invisible hits
Did she notice? What did she do?

I wrote a "short story" a few posts ago of what happened to me at a bowling alley... no one could smell it, but this girl (early 20's) 2 lanes down saw me holding my hand to my mouth a bunch of times, and was giving me the dirtiest looks. She probably thought I snuck a flask in and was getting drunk.

heartvapor,

chloe

heartvapor said:
I can easily hold (big) hits long enough that there's virtually no visible vapor when I exhale. I guess it'll be fine, I'll just exhale downwards just to be sure.

chloe said:
Did she notice? What did she do?

I wrote a "short story" a few posts ago of what happened to me at a bowling alley... no one could smell it, but this girl (early 20's) 2 lanes down saw me holding my hand to my mouth a bunch of times, and was giving me the dirtiest looks. She probably thought I snuck a flask in and was getting drunk.
She may have noticed, but she didn't say anything. She was a shy waitress though. I have never been confronted about the vape yet. It's size and ease of use almost lulls you into a false sense of security as I am so used to not gettn' caught and it almost becomes natural..although always be alert when you do use it in public

chloe,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I think the Launch Box is very stealthy. Stealthy enough to use in a public bathroom. I'd have reservations using it at my table at a restaurant, though. It's real easy for me to slip into the bathroom at Walmart, or a restaurant, and take my medicine privately.

Vicki,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
Well I have a question based on all this battery discussion.

I've got 6 Eneloops (got a pack of 4 'Duracell' repackaged eneloops for 9 bucks, fuck yes?) and I usually use one battery for roughly a total of five 10 second rips... I throw the batteries on the included Sanyo charger and the charge light is off within 15 minutes. I was under the impression my charger was one of the quick chargers because the charged so fast. Now I read above that the included Sanyo charger is actually a smart charger... and that the batteries take 4 hours to charge?? How come mine are charging so quickly?! I'm confused! I know my batteries aren't going 100% dead after I use them because the little LED inside is indicating they still have juice... Am I taxing my batteries or can I get way more use per charge??

mattybass,

GreenmansHere

I am GreenMan
seafare said:
Hi all, close I think to getting a MFLB but I had a really specific odor question and one more.

We used to smoke cigarettes, with all that came with... reduced sense of smell. You know -- a tobacco smoker can't tell that they themselves smell of smoke, or pick up on cigarette smoke at times. About a pack a day. We quit 6~ months ago and can really smell when exposed to cigarette smoke now. Now, with that in mind... in our apartment building, we NEVER smoked indoors, ever. Only backporch with windows/door closed as a hard rule for years. Even with our reduced sense of smell, we'd ALWAYS know if someone snuck a cigarette on our floor. It was obvious--the smell would be in the hallway. As smokers we could even tell.

With that in mind, how noticeable would a herbal smell be from the MFLB, would you think, relative? That's the make or break for us. We don't know how cool our building is because people are a bit private there, with an odd mix of old and young, singles, couples, and kids but have never smelled herbals and don't want to piss off the neighbors. This aside we adore where we live. We don't mind doing baked goods prepared elsewhere but miss the ease of 'smoke'.

The second question is if we had a full combustible bowl for just the two of us that could easily take us a whole evening. Two bowls, if going really really deep. How much material would be needed relative to that with the MFLB?
I vape at a house with a roommate who gets pretty peeved when he sees me smoking/my stash. I've been using my MFLB for about 4 weeks now, and he hasn't smelled anything at all. As long as you blow out a window to be extra safe, noone will smell a thing.

GreenmansHere,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
mattybass said:
Well I have a question based on all this battery discussion.

I've got 6 Eneloops (got a pack of 4 'Duracell' repackaged eneloops for 9 bucks, fuck yes?) and I usually use one battery for roughly a total of five 10 second rips... I throw the batteries on the included Sanyo charger and the charge light is off within 15 minutes. I was under the impression my charger was one of the quick chargers because the charged so fast. Now I read above that the included Sanyo charger is actually a smart charger... and that the batteries take 4 hours to charge?? How come mine are charging so quickly?! I'm confused! I know my batteries aren't going 100% dead after I use them because the little LED inside is indicating they still have juice... Am I taxing my batteries or can I get way more use per charge??
yeah you can get a lot more use before recharging. Keep your eye on the brightness of the little light and the temp of the vapor. Once the vapor loses its heat then your battery is taxed.

DeepFried,

Budz Bunny

oneoone said:
Budz Bunny said:
The included charger charges the batteries in 230 minutes (just under 4 hours).
does it automatically stop charging after the batteries are done?
Yes and it seems like if they are not completely discharged the charge time is reduced as you would expect.

Budz Bunny,

GreenLeaf

VHCMedpics said:
Does the magic flight launch box allow you to take the largest rips of any portable battery operated vape?
From what I understand yes. It's also safer, less expensive, and better designed than the iolite which contains butane and the Vapir portable vape is not cheap either and I hear vapir vapes are mass produced from China.

There's another portable vape the supreme vaporizer but it's not battery powered and for the price of it you could buy multiple mflb's or a very nice indoor non-portable vape.

I've heard that the Vaporgenie allows you to take big hits but it's not battery powered and it uses lighters which comes way too close to smoking for me.

GreenLeaf,

Budz Bunny

GreenmansHere said:
seafare said:

I vape at a house with a roommate who gets pretty peeved when he sees me smoking/my stash. I've been using my MFLB for about 4 weeks now, and he hasn't smelled anything at all. As long as you blow out a window to be extra safe, noone will smell a thing.
Roommates can suck. My #1 requirement in a roommate would be that they burn (or better yet vape). Lets face it, your either one of us or one of them.

Budz Bunny,

Budz Bunny

GreenLeaf said:
VHCMedpics said:
Does the magic flight launch box allow you to take the largest rips of any portable battery operated vape?
From what I understand yes. It's also safer, less expensive, and better designed than the iolite which contains butane
I woild not call it safer since I have never heard of a safety issue with the Iolite. You do not inhale the butane with the iolite either.

The LB is more effective than the Iolite though, and gives you bigger hits. It also gets you to your destination quicker. :brow:

I do still prefer the Iolite for road trips though.:D

Budz Bunny,

GreenLeaf

heartvapor said:
While vapor is lighter than smoke that's not something I'd personally want to risk.

Just use it outside before or at your destination. Or just make edibles instead if you really need to be high.

GreenLeaf,

GreenLeaf

Budz Bunny said:
GreenLeaf said:
VHCMedpics said:
From what I understand yes. It's also safer, less expensive, and better designed than the iolite which contains butane
I woild not call it safer since I have never heard of a safety issue with the Iolite. You do not inhale the butane with the iolite either.

The LB is more effective than the Iolite though, and gives you bigger hits. It also gets you to your destination quicker. :brow:

I looked at the iolite but I did not get it because of the price and the butane factor. Sorry I don't want a vape that operates on butane near my face. I know the iolite filters the butane out but in the very very small chance that something did go wrong with the butane I would not want it near my face with the plastic iolite, or for butane to be used as the main way to vaporize. :2c:

GreenLeaf,

Budz Bunny

GreenLeaf said:
Budz Bunny said:
GreenLeaf said:

I looked at the iolite but I did not get it because of the price and the butane factor. Sorry I don't want a vape that operates on butane near my face. I know the iolite filters the butane out but in the very very small chance that something did go wrong with the butane I would not want it near my face with the plastic iolite, or for butane to be used as the main way to vaporize. :2c:
I understand your concerns, but it hold about the same amount of butane as a lighter. Also, with the Vapor Genie your sucking down all those butane remnants. (But I still love my VG too).

I think we can both agree that the LB is a better bang for the buch though.:brow:

Budz Bunny,
GreenLeaf said:
heartvapor said:
While vapor is lighter than smoke that's not something I'd personally want to risk.

Just use it outside before or at your destination. Or just make edibles instead if you really need to be high.
I would echo that and add:
"Be certain before you try it that you are comfortable with being left on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere." I understand the bus drivers are allowed to do that.

Howie Feltersnatch,

oneoone

I have smoked weed a number of times on long buses. I just opened the small bathroom window and puffed my piped and exhaled through the window.

The only time I "got caught" was when I was smoking a spliff and not being careful about it. All that happened was a knock on the door and a polite "no fumar por favor".

oneoone,
Top Bottom