B.

War Criminal
B. said:
This is the life we chose!
It's from The Simpsons...I don't remember the circumstances , but the nerds of springfield elemetary were being bullied, and one of them exclaimed it.

Yes, I'm random.

B.,

iceshark

Ice Man
after a month with my MF, I really like it. However it at times is frustrating. I have a sharpstone 4part grinder. I get medical bud and most is very dense and resin filled. Thus it does not grind very fine. I grind it upside down as much as I can. Then fill trench halfway. I sometimes get very good hits. Then others I do it correctly and the hit is small.

The buzz is not as intense as with smoking. However I dont smoke so this is it for me. I am looking for recomendations on a under $200.00 plug in home vap if you have any :)

Back to the MF. I was interested to hear both my main caregiver Seattle Marijuana Medical Clinic and the DR I got my MM permit from in Seattle both have tried this unit and while liking the look and construction. Find that it does not deliver near the "Hit" that other standard vapes do and both do not recomend it to thier customers for that reason. They only recomend for stealth use in emergency.

Not wanting a flame, Just passing on what I have been told when I have shared my liking for this product.

In fact 2 people at the dispensirie said they have to smoke 3 times as many hits with MF to make up for small draws it provides. They like it but say its alot of work compared to others.:/

iceshark,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
iceshark said:
Back to the MF. I was interested to hear both my main caregiver Seattle Marijuana Medical Clinic and the DR I got my MM permit from in Seattle both have tried this unit and while liking the look and construction. Find that it does not deliver near the "Hit" that other standard vapes do and both do not recomend it to thier customers for that reason. They only recomend for stealth use in emergency.

Not wanting a flame, Just passing on what I have been told when I have shared my liking for this product.

In fact 2 people at the dispensirie said they have to smoke 3 times as many hits with MF to make up for small draws it provides. They like it but say its alot of work compared to others.:/
That's really weird because I have found the opposite to be true. I have been using a Vapor Warez as a home unit for many years, and I have always loved it. That being said, ever since I got my Launch Box, it has become my main vaporizer. Being a medical marijuana user, I am after pain relief. The Launch Box seems to give me better pain relief than my Vapor Warez, so it has become the only vaporizer I use now. I am also using less herb than I was using with the VW, and it's actually less work for me.

Vicki,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Hi Iceshark. One thing that I find about sticky or stuff that doesn't grind fine is to take a few puffs then it gets dry enough to crumble. I find I get MUCH bigger hits this way and after a few more I crumble some more.

As far as other recommendations this is the MFLB thread so I'll be brief.... Look in general section and look at a few of the home units. If you're looking for conservation and fixed temps look at the log styles such as PD, WDZ, MZ. If you want to be able to crank up the temp look at the DB maybe.

Lo,
iceshark said:
after a month with my MF, I really like it. However it at times is frustrating. I have a sharpstone 4part grinder. I get medical bud and most is very dense and resin filled. Thus it does not grind very fine. I grind it upside down as much as I can. Then fill trench halfway. I sometimes get very good hits. Then others I do it correctly and the hit is small.

The buzz is not as intense as with smoking. However I dont smoke so this is it for me. I am looking for recomendations on a under $200.00 plug in home vap if you have any :)

Well, my personal experience is that maybe you and the guys at the dispensary are just not quite doing it right. I can consistently get quite large hits that choke me and I am no lightweight (combusted almost everything for 35+ years).

Especially kief. Holy shit, kief in the launchbox is epic and pretty damn close in effect to smoking it. As to regular herb, I get hits as large as I do with my MyrtleZap (about $150) but I am not tied to the outlet.

If you dry it out enough, you can grind it finely to get max efficiency, but you may need to add another device (coffee grinder, hand-crank flour sifter) to get it fine enough. Most 4-pc grinders have holes that are too large to get it down enough by itself.

This is not an attack, but if your dispensary guys are recommending AGAINST the MFLB, they are doing their clients a disservice. :/

Howie Feltersnatch,

Lo

This is not an attack, but if your dispensary guys are recommending AGAINST the MFLB, they are doing their clients a disservice.
I agree. I think they probably just don't know how to use it well. I know I saw in a local shop and they knew NOTHING about it. When I mentioned I had one and was just checking their price they started asking me ?'s about it. There is also a learning curve.... getting the herb prepped, etc. It is possible someone could try the LB and not know enough to get it going well. It is a really amazing little vape and works very well IMO.

Lo,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Howie Feltersnatch said:
This is not an attack, but if your dispensary guys are recommending AGAINST the MFLB, they are doing their clients a disservice. :/
Oh, I definitely agree. The MFLB has certainly changed my life, and I am so glad I bought it. :)

Vicki,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
I usually have sticky dense bud and I always use scissors and a salt shaker bottom to grind my herb, get's it much nicer for the box.

bluntfaced,

iceshark

Ice Man
The owner of the dispensirie post here:) He is not slamming it and knows it well. He has been a pro MF guy and loves the workmanship. He justs says it does not put put hits comparable to a good home vape.

I will try the crumble approach mentions:)

I like using it native and it does get hot to mouth. I do slow hits and after about 20 seconds its almost too hot with even an increase of breath. Still luck of the draw, sometimes a nice expanding hit. Sometimes very little. Might be its not fine enough. Still love this toy.

As for the look for home vape. I have been looking at Extreme q and easy vape.

iceshark,

Budz Bunny

iceshark said:
I get medical bud and most is very dense and resin filled. Thus it does not grind very fine. I grind it upside down as much as I can. Then fill trench halfway.
Try drying it out till its crispy. Set it in a warm spot for a few hours, and then grind.

iceshark said:

What do they recommend for portable use?

Budz Bunny,

Budz Bunny

Lo said:
I know I saw in a local shop and they knew NOTHING about it. When I mentioned I had one and was just checking their price they started asking me ?'s about it.
Lo - is it the place near the mall? I have been bugging them for 6 months to get them in there!

Budz Bunny,

VHCMedpics

Los Angeles Collective capped at 45 indoor only
Retailer
Just got the mflb and tried it out

Defintly the hardest hitting portable vape

and better then any vape ive used that I've had to plugin

I like how you can let the vapor build up before you take a nice clean rip

VHCMedpics,

B.

War Criminal
VHCMedpics- What vapes have you tried that you have to plug in? Just curious.

B.,

lwien

Great question, B. Also, VHC, when you say better, in what aspect is it better? Efficiency, taste, thickness of vapor, adjusting of temp, ease of use, party situations versus personal situations, etc etc etc. Lots of things that it can be better or worse in, eh?

btw, don't know if you are pre or post ICO, but June 7th is almost here. Wishing you the best............

lwien,

B.

War Criminal
lwien-As I wrote it I actually thought to myself that if I didn't ask that, you would :cheers:

B.,

Lo

Lo - is it the place near the mall? I have been bugging them for 6 months to get them in there!
I saw the LB at Rocketman in Sarasota :D

Lo,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
iceshark said:
I have a sharpstone 4part grinder. I get medical bud and most is very dense and resin filled. Thus it does not grind very fine. I grind it upside down as much as I can. Then fill trench halfway. I sometimes get very good hits. Then others I do it correctly and the hit is small.
It doesn't grind because it is not dried at all. Your herb should be almost as fine as table salt. Prepare your herb properly and you will be rewarded with very good hits every time.

iceshark said:
I was interested to hear both my main caregiver Seattle Marijuana Medical Clinic and the DR I got my MM permit from in Seattle both have tried this unit and while liking the look and construction. Find that it does not deliver near the "Hit" that other standard vapes do and both do not recomend it to thier customers for that reason. They only recomend for stealth use in emergency.
Armed with some proper herb preparation instructions above, you can now go teach these two individuals how to properly use their LB.

DeepFried,

McNerdius

god of nerds
GreenmansHere said:
McNerdius said:
Just as cannabis has allowed me to learn what it "feels like" when i'm going to have a seizure, the MAGIC FLIGHT LAUNCH BOX has allowed me to put that knowledge to use, and PREVENT a seizure.
I was just a little curious as to what you mean by this.
Also, does knowing what the ! in your avatar meant make me a nerd?

(forgive any grammar errors, i just finished using my own MFLB:D)
That's something i actually *was* going to go further into in my original post, but i figured it'd be getting a bit off topic. But now that i have an excuse, i'll spill the beans ! :D

I've had epilepsy all my life, and as my control over them has improved, so has my ability to feel them coming. It's a fairly common phenomena in epileptics - the "aura" or kind of a pre-seizure, where you experience only some of the symptoms of a full-on seizure. They kick in and give me a brief window where i KNOW a seizure is coming, i just need to get someplace safe. Well, after the initial novelty of cannabis wore off, i noticed that sometimes, while high, i felt a very faint version of what an aura feels like. I'm calling it a pre-aura, when i talk to my Neurologist. (He thinks i'm full of shit, BTW*) I kept track of them for a while, and sure enough, they did indeed prove to be an indicator of upcoming seizure activity. Now that my system is teeming with cannabis (and it's metabolites, yay!) I find i don't need to "get high" to feel it anymore. So now, rather than having minutes before i KNOW i'm going to have a seizure, i have hours !! I now have hours to do what it takes to get my LB to my face and say NO to seizures. I couldn't do that, at least not FULLY, with my VB ! Overall though, i've cut my seizure frequency in half while also cutting my RX doses in half... Eat my shorts, big Pharma... Stupidass "Doctors" ... BAH !!! Anyways... Gotta load me up another .15g !

*: I live in Nebraska. Moving to Colorado ASA$.

Oh and regarding the ! thing... yeah it makes you part-nerd at least. like 10%...

McNerdius,

iceshark

Ice Man
Ok, I think its a grind problem. I was able to finely grind to salt like for tonight. 4 hits of medical blueberry and I am stoned. Think I have it figured out.

iceshark,
iceshark said:
Ok, I think its a grind problem. I was able to finely grind to salt like for tonight. 4 hits of medical blueberry and I am stoned. Think I have it figured out.
Awesome! You will probably now find it indispensable.
Now go thou out amongst the heathens and share the good word. :)

Howie Feltersnatch,

Budz Bunny

iceshark said:
:lol::brow:

Budz Bunny,

majorpayne66

Colorado MMJ Patient
Im bummed,
I received my MFLB yesterday and now its not working. I got a few large milky hits off each battery right out of the box, cool.
Charged batteries for 4 hours and got only like two hits each battery, oh well, they just need a good charge over night.
Next morning (today) cant get a hit.
Turn off the light and look into groove, install batt. and it glows for a few seconds and goes out.
Checked batt volt and its .97.
Charge a little longer 1.13
battery charger always shows green.
Ill charge again and check voltage.
I emailed puffitup today

majorpayne66,

Budz Bunny

majorpayne66 said:
Im bummed,
I received my MFLB yesterday and now its not working. I got a few large milky hits off each battery right out of the box, cool.
Charged batteries for 4 hours and got only like two hits each battery, oh well, they just need a good charge over night.
Next morning (today) cant get a hit.
Turn off the light and look into groove, install batt. and it glows for a few seconds and goes out.
Checked batt volt and its .97.
Charge a little longer 1.13
battery charger always shows green.
Ill charge again and check voltage.
I emailed puffitup today
Sounds like a bad charger to me. I would run out and grab any old 1-hr (or longer) NiMh charger till you can work out a replacement. I know I would not want to wait!

Budz Bunny,

VHCMedpics

Los Angeles Collective capped at 45 indoor only
Retailer
B. said:
VHCMedpics- What vapes have you tried that you have to plug in? Just curious.
volcano, vape bros , heating gun with a special attachment for a bong

lwien said:
Great question, B. Also, VHC, when you say better, in what aspect is it better? Efficiency, taste, thickness of vapor, adjusting of temp, ease of use, party situations versus personal situations, etc etc etc. Lots of things that it can be better or worse in, eh?

btw, don't know if you are pre or post ICO, but June 7th is almost here. Wishing you the best............
vhc is part of the 187, we are Pre ICO , and we will be open.

mflb delivers a rip with more THC vapor in it then other vaporizers I have used in the past.

primarily thickness of vapor

and ease of use

VHCMedpics,
Top Bottom