greenriver

finchrock24 said:
greenriver said:
Sorry if this has already been covered, but is there any ways to harvest the oily resin that collects in the LB stems?
Wonderful question. Anyone got an answer?

Might have to get creative and create some sort of plunger that can squeegee it out.
That's not a bad suggestion. I guess it'd just have to use something non absorbent on the end of the plunger so you could scrape the resin off once it's out of the stem.

I spose you could soak it in alcohol and let it evaporate off, but I thought I read something about alcohol messing up the plastic stems at some point.

greenriver,

Biw

greenriver said:
finchrock24 said:
greenriver said:
Sorry if this has already been covered, but is there any ways to harvest the oily resin that collects in the LB stems?
Wonderful question. Anyone got an answer?

Might have to get creative and create some sort of plunger that can squeegee it out.
That's not a bad suggestion. I guess it'd just have to use something non absorbent on the end of the plunger so you could scrape the resin off once it's out of the stem.

I spose you could soak it in alcohol and let it evaporate off, but I thought I read something about alcohol messing up the plastic stems at some point.
Yeah, I haven't tried using alcohol on the stem because I heard it can cause acrylic to crack. I haven't really been able to get the stem all the way clean because I just run hot water through it. It doesn't get everything out but it gets most it. I also take a paper clip to it to kind of break up the resin as I'm running water through it. I imagine a small pipe cleaner would help immensely but, I just haven't gotten around to picking one up yet.

Biw,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I didn't have pipe cleaners so I plucked some of the stuffing off of a q-tip to make it a bit smaller and dipped ISO, pushed through the tube a couple times to clean then rinsed very well. Now I wouldn't soak it in ISO but a quick cleaning and it looked as good as new :)

Lo,

VivaSativa

I cleaned my short stem with ISO and tried to extract the resin. I put some ISO in the stem and shook it for a few minutes, and then scraped with a pin. Repeated that several times, until it was clean. The result was very little extracted resin (not worth the time spent getting it), and my stem is now scratched from the inside (I'm guessing pin + ISO did that) and looks 'cloudy'. It did get it perfectly clean, but it changed the fit in the draw-hole a tiny bit and it looks bad, and maybe now gets dirty faster because of those scratches.
Still perfectly useable though, just not visually pleasing :p
So if you do use ISO, don't let it soak in even for a few minutes, just do a quick clean like Lo suggested.

VivaSativa,

heartvapor

Since you guys (or at least VivaSativa) are saying that there's not that much resin in there, if I want to just clean it out, can I wet the end of a q-tip, pull that cotton off, and push it through the stem using a paper clip? No scraping, just using the paper clip to push the cotton all the way through. Will that clean it out without damaging it in any way?

heartvapor,

sundaddy

I take mine out and hold it vertical with pliers. Then take a blow drier to it and the oil will drip out of the end.

sundaddy,

VivaSativa

sundaddy said:
I take mine out and hold it vertical with pliers. Then take a blow drier to it and the oil will drip out of the end.
Nice idea, did you get a significant amount of oil from the short stem?

VivaSativa,

redeye jedi

movin across from the dark side
to clean my pipe bit, i just use a kebab stick and just push it out... scrape it on a paper and roll the rest of the pipe down the length of the stick and by the end it comes out as new, job done!

redeye jedi,

Budz Bunny

Does anyone else get a buildup along the wire to screen connection after several trenches of finely ground stuff? I usually scrape off into trench and top it off with some fresh stuff and hit it...its great!

Budz Bunny,

HighVibes

Medicinal Mist
hey quick question do you guys know if its possible to only charge ONE of the two batteries with the included Sanyo charger? Cuz I only have one charged battery right now, and I'm havin a friend over in a few hours.

HighVibes,

GreenmansHere

I am GreenMan
HighVibes said:
hey quick question do you guys know if its possible to only charge ONE of the two batteries with the included Sanyo charger? Cuz I only have one charged battery right now, and I'm havin a friend over in a few hours.
Yes. You can most definitely do this.

GreenmansHere,

chucku

Charles Urbane
heartvapor said:
Since you guys (or at least VivaSativa) are saying that there's not that much resin in there, if I want to just clean it out, can I wet the end of a q-tip, pull that cotton off, and push it through the stem using a paper clip? No scraping, just using the paper clip to push the cotton all the way through. Will that clean it out without damaging it in any way?
I use ream and clean pipe cleaners. I get them at Walgreens. They are a little thicker, a little stiffer and with plastic bristles. Dip one end in everclear and run through. It works great.

chucku,

vapirtoo

I have two vaporizers, a launch box and a vapir one. The LB is much more
convienent and very satisfying. A key move is to save your herbs from the LB,
and at a later date regrind the spent herbs and vape in an electric vaporizer
such as a volcano or as in my case a vapor one. Talk about a cheap high!
My buddy with the newest volcano even revapes his old volcanized herb .
Remember regrinding is a must. Enjoy.

vapirtoo,

McNerdius

god of nerds
Hello, i would LOVE to share with the folks at this forum my wonderful, wonderful experience with the Launch Box. When i first saw this vaporizer, i was both amazed and hesitant, telling myself to wait and see some reviews. I must say, the stubborn penny-pincher in me waited to long to get this little gem. Even after the Launch-Box thread was up to 1500 posts or so of nothing but good good good, with a little bit of neutral mixed in, i hesitated ! Why ? Who the hell knows !

I decided to purchase it because i've had epilepsy and other neurological/anxiety issues all of my life. While i play along with my doctors for their sake and my own, they've given me dozens of medicines in hundreds of combinations. These medicines are expensive, unhealthy, and unnatural. As a "supplement" to that, i've been using ONE plant. This plant is more effective by itself than any of my other medicines.

Ok, so how do the two connect, you say ? Simple. Due to the wonders of cannabis, I now have an emergency inhaler. It (cannabis) allows me feel ahead of time when i'm going to or likely to have a seizure. Puff Puff, NO SEIZURE. Anywhere i'm at, i can discretely prevent a seizure. Why the fuck is this illegal ? I HAVE NO FUCKING ALTERNATIVE YOU COCKBAG GOVERNMENT !!! Ok ok sorry i get cranky sometimes. Gotta remind myself this is about the LAUNCH BOX.

Just as cannabis has allowed me to learn what it "feels like" when i'm going to have a seizure, the MAGIC FLIGHT LAUNCH BOX has allowed me to put that knowledge to use, and PREVENT a seizure. With 100% success rate so far, mind you. Two to three puffs of the Launch Box guarantees me that i am not going to have a seizure for two to three hours. To put it into perspective, unmedicated i would be having about 10 seizures a day, and of the ~70 a week i'd be having, about 3-5 would be full-on convulsive, no breathing crap that's almost killed me at least three times. The rest, while not convulsive, are still potentially fatal, each and every one of them.

Having used a Vapor Brothers (with the EZ-Change, mind you!) prior to this, i was surprised at how little adjustment in technique there is. The Launch Box is a tad bit hotter, but that's only because there isn't a yard of tube between it and my face. I get much more out of each scoop of cannabis than i did with the VB. I suppose it's my own damn fault: I'm a sucker for thick, heavy hits, and as such, start my temps out high. The Launch Box forces me to take in less vapor per hit, thus (controversially...) increasing efficiency. I might also note that while the LB, in my experience, vapes a bit "unevenly" (even shaking after every hit, even WHILE IM HITTING!), it is still MORE EFFICIENT (~25%?) than my typciall session with a VB. My ABV will contribute to better brownies, and i'm not bitchin !

I also love the Launch Box just for what it is. It's design, function... It is awesome to hold in my left hand and slide the battery in/out with my thumb and middle finger... It's a one-handed, portable, friggin awesome VAPORIZER. It's my primary vape now, and the VB is now my "Luxury" vape...

OK i'm sorry if this was rambly or useless... i've just wanted to get some of these thoughts out there so they can do someone else some good, even if it is just one other person.

McNerdius,

Budz Bunny

McNerdius said:
Hello, i would LOVE to share with the folks at this forum my wonderful, wonderful experience with the Launch Box. When i first saw this vaporizer, i was both amazed and hesitant, telling myself to wait and see some reviews. I must say, the stubborn penny-pincher in me waited to long to get this little gem. Even after the Launch-Box thread was up to 1500 posts or so of nothing but good good good, with a little bit of neutral mixed in, i hesitated ! Why ? Who the hell knows !

I decided to purchase it because i've had epilepsy and other neurological/anxiety issues all of my life. While i play along with my doctors for their sake and my own, they've given me dozens of medicines in hundreds of combinations. These medicines are expensive, unhealthy, and unnatural. As a "supplement" to that, i've been using ONE plant. This plant is more effective by itself than any of my other medicines.

Ok, so how do the two connect, you say ? Simple. Due to the wonders of cannabis, I now have an emergency inhaler. It (cannabis) allows me feel ahead of time when i'm going to or likely to have a seizure. Puff Puff, NO SEIZURE. Anywhere i'm at, i can discretely prevent a seizure. Why the fuck is this illegal ? I HAVE NO FUCKING ALTERNATIVE YOU COCKBAG GOVERNMENT !!! Ok ok sorry i get cranky sometimes. Gotta remind myself this is about the LAUNCH BOX.

Just as cannabis has allowed me to learn what it "feels like" when i'm going to have a seizure, the MAGIC FLIGHT LAUNCH BOX has allowed me to put that knowledge to use, and PREVENT a seizure. With 100% success rate so far, mind you. Two to three puffs of the Launch Box guarantees me that i am not going to have a seizure for two to three hours. To put it into perspective, unmedicated i would be having about 10 seizures a day, and of the ~70 a week i'd be having, about 3-5 would be full-on convulsive, no breathing crap that's almost killed me at least three times. The rest, while not convulsive, are still potentially fatal, each and every one of them.

Having used a Vapor Brothers (with the EZ-Change, mind you!) prior to this, i was surprised at how little adjustment in technique there is. The Launch Box is a tad bit hotter, but that's only because there isn't a yard of tube between it and my face. I get much more out of each scoop of cannabis than i did with the VB. I suppose it's my own damn fault: I'm a sucker for thick, heavy hits, and as such, start my temps out high. The Launch Box forces me to take in less vapor per hit, thus (controversially...) increasing efficiency. I might also note that while the LB, in my experience, vapes a bit "unevenly" (even shaking after every hit, even WHILE IM HITTING!), it is still MORE EFFICIENT (~25%?) than my typciall session with a VB. My ABV will contribute to better brownies, and i'm not bitchin !

I also love the Launch Box just for what it is. It's design, function... It is awesome to hold in my left hand and slide the battery in/out with my thumb and middle finger... It's a one-handed, portable, friggin awesome VAPORIZER. It's my primary vape now, and the VB is now my "Luxury" vape...

OK i'm sorry if this was rambly or useless... i've just wanted to get some of these thoughts out there so they can do someone else some good, even if it is just one other person.
Great story. I think the makers of the Launch Box deserve a Nobel Prize, but I hear a Nobel does not mean what it used to.

Budz Bunny,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
McNerdius said:
Puff Puff, NO SEIZURE. Anywhere i'm at, i can discretely prevent a seizure. Why the fuck is this illegal ? I HAVE NO FUCKING ALTERNATIVE YOU COCKBAG GOVERNMENT !!! Ok ok sorry i get cranky sometimes. Gotta remind myself this is about the LAUNCH BOX.
Your avatar reads like pot 24/7 gives you seizures.

DeepFried,

Budz Bunny

DeepFried said:
McNerdius said:
Puff Puff, NO SEIZURE. Anywhere i'm at, i can discretely prevent a seizure. Why the fuck is this illegal ? I HAVE NO FUCKING ALTERNATIVE YOU COCKBAG GOVERNMENT !!! Ok ok sorry i get cranky sometimes. Gotta remind myself this is about the LAUNCH BOX.
I agree. You need a ?.

Budz Bunny,

McNerdius

god of nerds
DeepFried said:
McNerdius said:
The ! in front of 'seizures' in nerd-speak for "not." like in c/c++. i'm nothing but a hopeless nerd, i tell you !

McNerdius,

B.

War Criminal
This is the life we chose!

(+1 to the first person to get the reference)

McNerd, great story, btw.

Six months after getting my box, I use it every day, with almost no fear of getting caught. I've actually been caught red handed a couple of times by those who would not be pleased had they had any idea what they had interrupted. This is an essential piece for any vaporist's collection. If any of you are on the fence like Mr. McNerdius was, pull the mother fucking trigger. Now.

My spellcheck doesn't recognize vaporist. Lame. We should petition Oxford.

On second thought, let's keep this our little secret until this ridiculous prohibition is repealed.

B.,
B. said:
This is the life we chose!
(+1 to the first person to get the reference)
Umm, Young Gunz?
Not sure I would connect what we do with our little wooden friend to the thug life Denim is singing about though. Of course, in my state getting caught can certainly land you inside with the homies.

McNerdius - I am really glad you (like many of us) get the ability to live a more normal life with the help of this wonderful plant. I had no idea that it helps PREVENT seizures. That's awesome. :)

Howie Feltersnatch,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
McNerdius said:
The ! in front of 'seizures' in nerd-speak for "not." like in c/c++. i'm nothing but a hopeless nerd, i tell you !
So does that mean when you say, "i'm nothing but a hopeless nerd, i tell you !", you are really saying "i'm nothing but a hopeless nerd, i tell you (not)'. :)

macbill,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Lol Macbill... That cracked me up!

McNerd... I'm thrilled to hear you've found a way to keep the seizures at bay!! Hope it keeps working for you :D

Lo,

McNerdius

god of nerds
macbill said:
McNerdius said:
So does that mean when you say, "i'm nothing but a hopeless nerd, i tell you !", you are really saying "i'm nothing but a hopeless nerd, i tell you (not)'. :)
Buttmunch ! :uhoh:

no see i had a '!' in there... so, not buttmunch ?

really though, if i could think of a "better" nerdy way to put my avatar together and still have it be "correct" syntax and whatnot i would. I realized when i made it that most people would be going "what the hell is an == ? what the hell is !seizure ? who the hell takes pot and multiplies it by 24 and divides it by 7 ?" But i figured what the hell, and tossed it together. I should just redo it... but... i dunno what else to do. ME R NERD !! (there, double negated for ya)

but yeah i can't say it'd help EVERY epileptic the same as it helps me. It helps me so well because ALL of my seizures are triggered by: ANXIETY, or ENVIRONMENT. Weed is a wonderful filter of sorts for both of those things - for me. A couple of hits and wow hey that flickering light just doesn't activate the part of my brain that makes me feel funny and eventually have seizures.

McNerdius,

GreenmansHere

I am GreenMan
McNerdius said:
Just as cannabis has allowed me to learn what it "feels like" when i'm going to have a seizure, the MAGIC FLIGHT LAUNCH BOX has allowed me to put that knowledge to use, and PREVENT a seizure.
I was just a little curious as to what you mean by this.
Also, does knowing what the ! in your avatar meant make me a nerd?

(forgive any grammar errors, i just finished using my own MFLB:D)

GreenmansHere,
Top Bottom