stuey

I would imagine they are charged, maybe try them in something else to make sure.

Even if you there isn't enough juice in the batteries to heat the herb, there should be enough to get the LED in the LB to light up very dimly at least.

Basically you need to establish if the batteries are charged or not. If they are then it could be a fault with the LB, which is a pity but if that's the case you just need to get in touch with magic flight and they will arrange a replacement for you.

stuey,

runner

Basshead
The charger LED is now flashing slowly.
Edit: now it's solid again

I still think it's the batteries/charger, not a defective box. I'll report back later.

runner,

stuey

What ever you do don't try a normal non-rechargeable battery in the LB.

I'm not 100% why but people have always said this would be a really bad thing to do.

stuey,

stuey

yeah defo

They are really good with the warranty. Its a shame you have a duff one.. mine was faulty too, but they are really helpful. Just explain what's wrong, they may give you a couple of tests to do, but you dont really have to fight them to get a replacement.

stuey,

runner

Basshead
Yeah they seem very helpful. Just wish I could've tested this thing out. I had the trench packed as soon as I opened the package lol.

runner,

stuey

BTW once you have one up an running, first thing I would do is get a better charger and a few more batteries.

The charger that comes with it is .. well ... it gets you started but I'd invest in a better one.

I got both a La Crosse BC-900 (smart charger) and a 15 minute fast charger (wrecks your batteries but great when you have a few friends over)

The batteries they supply are the Sanyo eneloop 2000ma and they are fantastic, worth getting more of the same sort.

stuey,

runner

Basshead
Yeah, I definitely think I'll get a smart charger and some extra batteries once I get this thing going. Thanks for all the help.

EDIT: this thing definitely works! My brother started playing with it and I discovered I had not pushed the battery in it fully! :rolleyes:

I'm a dumbass, but god damn it I'm baked and my bud is green! I love this thing.

runner,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
FOUND THE MIA LB!

A search of my buddies home theatre room led me to the LB. It had fallen off a desk between a the wall and a filing cabinet. So glad its back. Got the Duracell 15 minute charger and the four batts. Love it so far. works real good and I have like 6 batts for my LB now. Wicked.

finchrock24,

geogaddi

My second launch box has fallen to unfortunate circumstances!

One of my idiot friends (well I guess no use fretting over it now) must have stuck the battery in too long while he was taking one of his long ass hits (the guy will toke for like 40 seconds at a time, annoys me to no end when i see the bowl burnt after 2 people and then him), and now the screen's just kind of burnt in a spot... does anyone know if this would be a hazard in any way?

This is my second one too ;_; the first one was lost due to plastic casing falling off.

geogaddi,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
@geogaddi = I've combusted a couple of times in my LB by mistake and it's really no big deal. It doesn't ruin the box. There may be a burnt taste that will last a couple of uses. Clean it out really well with the brush and if there is any residue on the screen, you might want to do the clean cycle with the battery in and the lid open. The stain might not go away, but shouldn't hurt the performance.

momofthegoons,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
I have to figure something out here... I've been using the LB for a few days now and I'm worried I'm combusting and not vaping. I tend to take very slow inhalations for roughly 10 seconds. Should I be able to do that from a loaded bowl 3 times in a row? It doesn't look combusted to me, only looks dark brown. BUT... the 'vapor' to me resembles smoke sometimes. I try to gauge my inhalation so that the vapor feels warm going down. But I didn't expect as much vapor as I see. Is this actually smoke? Should I do smaller hits?

Another quick question: Is there anything wrong with leaving a partially toasted amount of pot in the LB overnight, or say, until the next session? I make sure to tap it and shake it before it sits so that anything that was in contact with the screen is loosened up.

EDIT

I tried a smaller hoot with a little bit faster inhalation speed and I really tasted the pot for the first time, I'm positive I exhaled vapor.

mattybass,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
mattybass said:
I have to figure something out here... I've been using the LB for a few days now and I'm worried I'm combusting and not vaping. I tend to take very slow inhalations for roughly 10 seconds. Should I be able to do that from a loaded bowl 3 times in a row? It doesn't look combusted to me, only looks dark brown. BUT... the 'vapor' to me resembles smoke sometimes. I try to gauge my inhalation so that the vapor feels warm going down. But I didn't expect as much vapor as I see. Is this actually smoke? Should I do smaller hits?

Another quick question: Is there anything wrong with leaving a partially toasted amount of pot in the LB overnight, or say, until the next session? I make sure to tap it and shake it before it sits so that anything that was in contact with the screen is loosened up.
How does the smoke/vapor feel? And yes, you can take 3 10 second hits in a row (I always remove battery between hits though). And as far as leaving pot in the LB until the next session (or overnight), it's perfect;y okay. It's pretty rare when I don't leave weed in the LB; that way it's ready to go on a moment's notice.

Tom

tdavie,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Mattybass, if you aren't seeing black, you aren't combusting. Vapor can resemble smoke. One thing I have noticed, however, is that towards the end of a trench, sometimes a long slow toke can be more like smoke and be harsh. I usually cash it in then.

Also, the slower the draw, the hotter the draw. If your hits are harsh, speed up a little to cool it down.

And yes, you can leave herb in the LB. Just give it a little shake first so it isn't fused onto the screen.

momofthegoons,

Biw

momofthegoons said:
Mattybass, if you aren't seeing black, you aren't combusting. Vapor can resemble smoke. One thing I have noticed, however, is that towards the end of a trench, sometimes a long slow toke can be more like smoke and be harsh. I usually cash it in then.

Also, the slower the draw, the hotter the draw. If your hits are harsh, speed up a little to cool it down.

And yes, you can leave herb in the LB. Just give it a little shake first so it isn't fused onto the screen.
I thought Magic Flight said that with combustion there's always white ash. He said black doesn't always mean combustion I thought?

Biw,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Biw, you're right. Magic Flight did say that a few posts ago. My mistake. However, when I combusted (and there was no doubt that's what happened) those black bits were ash like. You can still crumble herb that hasn't combusted; this just sort of smeared. So, in my personal experience, black meant combustion.

momofthegoons,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
momofthegoons said:
Biw, you're right. Magic Flight did say that a few posts ago. My mistake. However, when I combusted (and there was no doubt that's what happened) those black bits were ash like. You can still crumble herb that hasn't combusted; this just sort of smeared. So, in my personal experience, black meant combustion.
In my first session I did experience some black which i took to mean combusted... luckily it was just a couple of crumbs, i'm starting not to tax the pot as far... yet I've still been getting 2-3 sessions per trench and it remains a darker honey brown... I'm assuming it hasn't been completely wasted so I put it all into that bag that came with the LB which I thought was an ABV bag, but I can tell will be hard to work with down the road haha. Can't wait to cook with the ABV next week and a little green that I got for my birthday from a friend hehe.

mattybass,

stuey

I get some black specks in mine and have a few green specks too.

On the whole the majority of the ABV is a dark brown colour.

If the black specks are indeed combusted material, is that such a bad thing? There isnt much of it.

stuey,

Mckdenton

stuey said:
I get some black specks in mine and have a few green specks too.

On the whole the majority of the ABV is a dark brown colour.

If the black specks are indeed combusted material, is that such a bad thing? There isnt much of it.
For me, i only get some black specks if my grind is uneven. (some small specks get a little over cooked). 3 dots of black is a heck of a lot better than burning a doobie.....i'd say.

Mckdenton,

rexkuntz

Band Head
I love my Magic Flight Launch Box. Within a minute of opening it, I was vaping. I love it. It's cool, it's fast, it's clean. I'm so proud that Magic Flight Launch Box is made in the USA. I'm telling everyone about it.

Magic Flight Launch Box is the most competitive vaporizer I've seen. It does taste sweet and clean. My interests in marijuana are the medicinal/health properties. I've wanted to vaporize with the glass on glass designs because I know that those designs do cut all most all (high 90%) heavy metals in the bowl. Smoking traditional pipes still adds heavy metals that you don't want. I know for sure, the less heavy metals (food, smoking, etc) in your brain, the more you can function.

I have many days of vaping ahead. Thank you Magic Flight Launch Box. Thank you for reducing the toxins from vaping. I am glad that I purchased the Magic Flight Launch Box.

The truth is out there.

rexkuntz,

Zot

Vaping Phool
Found what I thought was a good deal on batteries: AccessoryPOWER TRUCell Premium AA NiMH 2700 mAh

:2c: Don't bother. The fit is terrible - I have to build up a narrow tape strip in the quarter inch before negative connection in the LB starts. My La Crosse BC-700 shows only about 1300mAh charge; they definitely don't pack as much of a punch as the shipped batteries. I'll try refreshing them but I don't have much hope for improvement. On the plus side they were a snap to peel. No residue at all. Small comfort lol.

Zot,

geogaddi

momofthegoons said:
@geogaddi = I've combusted a couple of times in my LB by mistake and it's really no big deal. It doesn't ruin the box. There may be a burnt taste that will last a couple of uses. Clean it out really well with the brush and if there is any residue on the screen, you might want to do the clean cycle with the battery in and the lid open. The stain might not go away, but shouldn't hurt the performance.
THANK GOD <3

what do you mean by the clean cycle? I've heard of people applying a bit of isopropyl alcohol on the screen to clear it?

also burnt taste = yuck

ALSO : FOR ALL OF YOU IN CANADA, PC (PRESIDENT'S CHOICE) RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES ARE GODLIKE FOR THE LB, JUST THOUGHT YOU SHOULD KNOW

geogaddi,

D-Will#8

Deron Williams Best Point Guard Alive
This is awesome, I've just been going back and reading this thread, and the beta thread. Early on in the beta thread someone suggested that putting a rubber band around the unit to keep the cover in place was a good idea, if its in your pocket. Well...I received my MFLB just a few days ago, and I noticed at the time that it came with "travel bands." Now THAT'S being responsive to user feedback. Hats off to Magic Flight!

D-Will#8,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
what do you mean by the clean cycle? I've heard of people applying a bit of isopropyl alcohol on the screen to clear it?
To clean your LB, leave the battery in for about 10 sec intervals with the lid open. You will see it start to "smoke" as it burns off any particles/residue that might be sticking to your screen. Then, you go back and brush it out. After you've done this and used your box a couple of times, the burnt taste will go away.

momofthegoons,

Zot

Vaping Phool
The single most important variable that I have found when using the LB is this: the grind.

I find that a really really fine grind works the best for me in terms of potency. I use a little Krups electric coffee grinder. Six or seven seconds creates almost a powder. The down side is that it is so fine it's hard not to get a little wastage unless you spend some time recovering the green powder on the sides of the grinder. The up side is a very powerful hit. :ko:

I seem to get the nice taste off of more hits this way as well. And that's one of my favorite things about the LB; I love the way that my herb tastes - just like it smells on the bud.

I've found the little mechanical grinder that I purchased with the LB to be a complete waste. It doesn't grind anywhere near as fine as I like. Ah well. :)

What are other peoples 'most important variable'?

Last edited by a moderator:
Zot,
Top Bottom