DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
momofthegoons said:
what do you mean by the clean cycle? I've heard of people applying a bit of isopropyl alcohol on the screen to clear it?
To clean your LB, leave the battery in for about 10 sec intervals with the lid open. You will see it start to "smoke" as it burns off any particles/residue that might be sticking to your screen. Then, you go back and brush it out. After you've done this and used your box a couple of times, the burnt taste will go away.
I thought magic-flight said to leave the battery connected for 1 minute not 10 seconds?, 10 seconds won't really get hot long enough to self clean.

DeepFried,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
DeepFried said:
momofthegoons said:
what do you mean by the clean cycle? I've heard of people applying a bit of isopropyl alcohol on the screen to clear it?
To clean your LB, leave the battery in for about 10 sec intervals with the lid open. You will see it start to "smoke" as it burns off any particles/residue that might be sticking to your screen. Then, you go back and brush it out. After you've done this and used your box a couple of times, the burnt taste will go away.
I thought magic-flight said to leave the battery connected for 1 minute not 10 seconds?, 10 seconds won't really get hot long enough to self clean.
I'm just saying what I do. I leave it in for a long 10 count; take the battery out, and repeat until it isn't smoking as much. I prefer not to leave it in for as long as a minute at a time because the battery gets too hot.

momofthegoons,

GreenLeaf

mattybass said:
I have to figure something out here... I've been using the LB for a few days now and I'm worried I'm combusting and not vaping. I tend to take very slow inhalations for roughly 10 seconds. Should I be able to do that from a loaded bowl 3 times in a row? It doesn't look combusted to me, only looks dark brown. BUT... the 'vapor' to me resembles smoke sometimes. I try to gauge my inhalation so that the vapor feels warm going down. But I didn't expect as much vapor as I see. Is this actually smoke? Should I do smaller hits?

Another quick question: Is there anything wrong with leaving a partially toasted amount of pot in the LB overnight, or say, until the next session? I make sure to tap it and shake it before it sits so that anything that was in contact with the screen is loosened up.

EDIT

I tried a smaller hoot with a little bit faster inhalation speed and I really tasted the pot for the first time, I'm positive I exhaled vapor.
I just use a small amount of herb filling just the bottom of the trench, and I make sure it's ground pretty fine but not to a complete powder.

I vape it all in 1-3 zaps with the battery and once I see vapor a few seconds later, I take out the battery and inhale the vapor. I also was surprised at how much vapor I got from the MFLB since I'd never vaped before and it is a lot lighter and less dense than smoke is.

I do not use the tube that came with the MFLB at all. I think the only time I'd actually use the tube would be to attach the MFLB to a bong for something different.

I've never had any of the plant material turn charcoal black like you get when you smoke herb in a bat or one hitter.

I've just had the bud turn brown like honey is, and unless it's already duff/ABV I leave it in the MFLB until next time. I have had partially ABV/duff get stuck to the screen but I just use the brush to move it around some and then get a final vapor hit from it.

I've never actually tried smoking/combusting with the MFLB but according to magic-flight and others here you would have to intentionally leave the battery in for way longer than it's supposed to be in there for this to happen.

To put material in the MFLB I just use a metal tool on my pocketknife that looks like a tobacco pipe scraper.

GreenLeaf,

smokin-tokin-bigfatrollin

magicflight said:
duh said:
Loading Tip: Use a funnel.
... Place the funnel gently on the LB ...
... Plastic funnels work but a metal funnel ... would be safer as to handle a hot LB.
One concern to be careful of when using a funnel is that the bottom end of the funnel may damage or distort the screen if it is sharp or any sort of weight/force comes to bear on it. The screen is extremely thin and fairly fragile -- it will not withstand much pressure, especially if it is applied all in one spot (may create a puncture). Overall, using a small spoon may be a better and safer way to load the Box.
I use a baskin robbins mini ice cream spoon to sprinkle my grinded bud into the box...its super easy, plus no need to touch the screen and obviously ur gettin free taste tests of ice cream so you're good.

smokin-tokin-bigfatrollin,

toadyfatz

smokin-tokin-bigfatrollin said:
magicflight said:
duh said:
Loading Tip: Use a funnel.
... Place the funnel gently on the LB ...
... Plastic funnels work but a metal funnel ... would be safer as to handle a hot LB.
One concern to be careful of when using a funnel is that the bottom end of the funnel may damage or distort the screen if it is sharp or any sort of weight/force comes to bear on it. The screen is extremely thin and fairly fragile -- it will not withstand much pressure, especially if it is applied all in one spot (may create a puncture). Overall, using a small spoon may be a better and safer way to load the Box.
I use a baskin robbins mini ice cream spoon to sprinkle my grinded bud into the box...its super easy, plus no need to touch the screen and obviously ur gettin free taste tests of ice cream so you're good.
I love my tic tac container for this! Works like a charm! Try it out...got the idea from someone on here and it works great!

toadyfatz,

slurpeejerky711

Ive been using my Magic Flight Launch Box for about 4 months. I got it about 3 or 4 months after I first started smoking weed. I had been browsing on different forums and then had saw various topics relating to vaporizers. I became interested when I read that it was the healthy route to use marijuana. I continued reading and then decided that I wanted to get one. I soon started researching one that was under $200 and was small and portable. Stealth was the biggest key in deciding which vaporizer to buy. I kept seeing Magic Flight Launch Box popping up when it came stealthiness and odor output. A few weeks later I placed my order on VapeWorld.com and recieved it a few days later.

When I first got my Magic Flight Launch Box, I think I used it everynight for about 2 weeks straight. It felt like cheating! I was getting high in my room every night without anyone else knowing. Hardly any smoke or odor to give me up. I love it! It's comparable to how stealth ninjas are.:ninja:

I'll give my information on how I use mine. I start off by using a razor blade to chop and chop and chop and......chop.....to get my bud nice and fine. I have found that the finer the bud, the more THC I can get out of it compared to keeping it in larger clumps. The way I see it, the mesh size in the trench is so small that they intended their users to use finer ground products. I also find that I can use a hell of a lot less bud for getting high if I use finer ground product. Just to note, when you have fine grinded bud, I think it is easier for it to combust but out of 4 months use I've only had it combust maybe 2 or 3 times.

As far as how much I load into the trench on average, I don't even cover the trench completely. I read over the forum rules and didn't find any rules against posting pictures with weed in them so if someone can clarify that rule I will be more than happy to post some pictures on my fine grind bud and how much goes into each load. So, I guess without pictures, I can only say I pinch a bit out of my container and then sprinkle it in the trench.

My first hit usually goes down like this. I pop in the battery, let it heat up for about 5-8 seconds and take out the battery and take in the vapor all at once. I pretty much do that to let it heat up a bit and get everything warmed up and really good to go. Before I go for a second hit I'll open the slide and take my finger and loosen up the bud and flip some of it over. If you don't usually use fine ground bud, then you should know that it changes color QUICKLY! It usually gets brown (not all of the stuff in the trench, just most of the bud's underside) .

All other hits after that are like this. I let the battery go for about 3-5 seconds and then slowly start inhaling while the battery is still in. This is a longer yet slower hit. These hits are the ones that really HIT for me personally. I will usually inhale for 10-15 seconds after that 3-5 second warm up. I try and hold my hits in as long as possible and for me that around 15-20 seconds.

My battery can handle my first hit and 2 or 3 longer intakes before I prefer to change to my second battery if needed. I haven't had any real problems with my batteries although I would like to get a couple more in the case that I use the Magic Flight Launch Box with 1 or more friends. I find all the battery talk on the topic interesting but it is difficult to understand and keep up with everything so unless I have a problem I guess Im sticking to the provided ones.

Lastly, if you are looking for a fantastic, high quality, extremely small, very stealthy, easy to use, low odor vaporizer, then in my honest opinion, Magic Flight Launch Box is the best damn way you can go. Thanks Magic Flight Launch Box and cheers to vaping all around brothers and sisters.:cool:

To vape with NO smell whatsoever:
1. take short, small hits
2. hold hit in as long as possible to absorb most of the vapor
3. if you have vapor on your exhale then you need to take smaller hits and hold the vapor longer.
4. if you have very little vapor on exhale(normal) then you can either exhale into a towel or some kind of thick fabric or you can just turn a fan on high nearby.

Don't forget that if you have stinky weed, then the vapor with be stinky too. A small room can get stunk up really fast even if someone just takes it out of the bag to smell it.

Purchased. Natural finish, long stem. No WPA or anything because I don't have any glass and don't intend to get any. Super excited to get it and for the the trip!

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm still looking into making some edibles. My wife's baker-y and would probably enjoy doing it. :)

Talk about good fortune! I bought a firefly a little while back. Didn't really love it but the shop I bought it from has a no returns or exchange policy. So I tried to use my Amex "return protection" benefit. I've never used it in the 10 years I've had the card but I figured I'd give it a try.

Well, they refunded my money *and I get to keep the firefly*!!! I called to verify and they said I could do what I wanted with the item. Sweet!!!

I know that this is way OT but I had to share. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I bit the bullet and ordered my LB on Saturday. Arrived yesterday and I unpacked it when I got home last night. The package included the standard MFLB kit with batts, charger, caps and brush. Puffitup also included a bag of dried spearmint and a small CNC aluminum grinder. The grinder is not too impressive, coming with a few burrs and a not-so-smooth action, but it can probably be made to work OK.

I really wish they had not included the spearmint, since I put some in it to "see it work" and immediately regretted it. Spearmint may smell good, but it sure as hell doesn't taste that way. Unfortunately, that taste has colored every hit I have taken since then (to be fair, only a handful of hits so far). I hope I can vape the taste out before too long.:uhoh:

I had no idea this thing would be this strong! I loaded about 1/4 of a trench and inserted battery and waited for vapor to form (maybe 3-4 seconds) and hit it. Holy shit, I coughed my ass off for the next 15 minutes. My second hit was much like the first, but definitely had a burned taste to it, although I was shaking and tapping the box to mix it up. I have never had such an experience with my MyrtleZap.

I am kind of surprised that such a small hit would cash it that quickly or cause me to hack up a lung, and I wonder if mine isn't maybe running hotter than it should. I was pretty quick pulling the battery so I didn't think I had left it too long, but I will definitely experiment with it this weekend and figure out what I am doing wrong.

On the stealth side of things: I did all this while sitting on the sofa with my wife watching TV and she never noticed what I was doing or even took a second look at me.

I do hope I get a better handle on the method for this thing because I want to love it, but I can't choke every time I take a hit from it or it kind of defeats the purpose of relief.:ko:

Howie Feltersnatch,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Howie, how long are you waiting before hitting it with the battery in? A 1/4 trench isn't that much herb, and if it isn't ground fine enough, you might be "over cooking" the edges of your herb. Was your ABV a even dark brown?

The mint taste should go away after a couple of uses. And a cleaning cycle wouldn't hurt it either. :)

I think with some practice, you will learn to love this little vape. I use mine daily.

momofthegoons,

toadyfatz

Yeah Howie what momofthegoons said and wait maybe just 3 seconds after putting the battery in and draw on it harder for as long as is comfortable and it will cool down the vapor etc...you will just learn to create the hit you want with some practice!

toadyfatz,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
slurpeejerky711 said:
what are the black battery caps for?
You can either put them on the positive end of the battery while traveling with it to prevent shorts or put it on the negative side while you use the box to give you a better grip on the battery. They are a great new addition to the LB in my opinion.

DeepFried,

deadhead90

i have been looking at this thing for about a week now because i am can getting tired of using a dugout about 40% of the time i smoke. the other 60 is a friends extreme Q, various pipes, and of course blunts and joints. this seems like the best replacement for a dugout but with which would you say is more efficient

deadhead90,

Gatsby T Pig

I opened up my package yesterday, that had my MFLB in it. I unpacked everything and there was one long tube and no caps. Aren't there supposed to be two caps and a short tube?

Is it worth it to contact the seller?

Gatsby T Pig,

B.

War Criminal
deadhead90 said:
i have been looking at this thing for about a week now because i am can getting tired of using a dugout about 40% of the time i smoke. the other 60 is a friends extreme Q, various pipes, and of course blunts and joints. this seems like the best replacement for a dugout but with which would you say is more efficient
Definitely the Launch Box. Hands down. Without a doubt.

B.,

stuey

Gatsby T Pig said:
I opened up my package yesterday, that had my MFLB in it. I unpacked everything and there was one long tube and no caps. Aren't there supposed to be two caps and a short tube?

Is it worth it to contact the seller?
The caps were only part of the package since February, I think. So its possible the seller has had the LB since before then.

But yes definately get in touch.

Blissville are selling a pair for 75c

http://www.blisssville.com/product_...d=208&osCsid=cc2deba28a974e437432acbab380f297

So if you do have to buy them, it shouldn't break the bank.

The short stems were discontinued because they poses a choking risk (apparently) so they arent available anymore. You have to cut your existing stem down if you want a short stem, although honestly, the LB is better if you dont use any stem and just draw straight from the hole in the LB.

When I first got my LB I wondered where the short stem was too and didnt like the idea of using it without a stem, but it is better without.

stuey,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
deadhead90 said:
I think most vapes are more efficient than smoking, especially the LaunchBox. It is my only vape that my smoking friends claim has a stronger effect on them than their pipes while using less herb.

DeepFried,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
stuey said:
The short stems were discontinued because they poses a choking risk (apparently) so they arent available anymore. You have to cut your existing stem down if you want a short stem, although honestly, the LB is better if you dont use any stem and just draw straight from the hole in the LB.

When I first got my LB I wondered where the short stem was too and didnt like the idea of using it without a stem, but it is better without.
If you have your heart set on getting a short stem, when I bought my LaunchBox whip it came with a short stem on each end so you get the whip plus 2 short stems.

DeepFried,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Well, it's been a while since i posted in this thread, since i pretty much shared everything i know and learned everything i can about the LB. But i have a couple pointers to share:

- Always check your tips for discharge! :brow:! - One of my batteries started to not produce that great of hits over the past few days, and hits tasted weird. I noticed today that one of my batteries has white stuff encrusted around the positive end (end you stick in the hole). I tossed it in the garbage. Hopefully i didnt inhale anything bad. I only ever keep the batteries in the charger, in the battery case, or in a pocket i have nothing else in. Over the past few days i have just been taking one battery with me to places and stick it in the pocket with my ziplock and nothing else. ..

- Never forget your grinder! - It sucks! Esp when you just so happened to have gotten some really compressed shit. You can still get through, but its harder to do. Tear, cut up the herb as best you can with whats available, put it in and then let it heat 5 seconds as usual and take a few slow hits. You wont get much vapor, but thats not the goal yet, the goal is just dry the herb so that it is brittle enough. After a while, dump the herb out and crush it up with the flat end of a battery. Make sure you dont just flatten it flatter clumps (happens when herbs still not dry enough).

steiner666,

slurpeejerky711

stuey said:

why is it better without the stem? is it because the thc gets stuck to the walls of the stem? because i just cleaned mine for the first time with a pipe cleaner to get all the nasty yellow grime out, some of still hasnt come off

deadhead90 said:
as far as efficiency, i am utterly amazed at how little is needed to use the MFLB so i would say yes effient wise it is worth it, plus stealth and odor output is a huge plus, the only drawback to me is i wouldnt use it for more than a few people, its for 1 or 2 people to use, 3 people max in my opinion so im thinking of getting another vape, either da buddha or purple days for bigger occasions and keeping my MFLB as my main go to vape/smoking utensil

slurpeejerky711,

stuey

slurpeejerky711 said:
why is it better without the stem? is it because the thc gets stuck to the walls of the stem? because i just cleaned mine for the first time with a pipe cleaner to get all the nasty yellow grime out, some of still hasnt come off

l
It just draws better because the hole is wider without the stem.

With the stem the vapor also gets funnelled to the back of your throat harder, which isnt something you want.

It's also stealthier and TBH cooler looking without LOL

Just try it, MF recommend not using the stem.

TBH when I first got mine I didnt like the idea of not using the stem but after a couple of goes without you will understand why its better.

Its a personal thing, maybe you wont prefer it without but a lot do.

stuey,

stuey

slurpeejerky711 said:
as far as efficiency, i am utterly amazed at how little is needed to use the MFLB so i would say yes effient wise it is worth it, plus stealth and odor output is a huge plus, the only drawback to me is i wouldnt use it for more than a few people, its for 1 or 2 people to use, 3 people max in my opinion so im thinking of getting another vape, either da buddha or purple days for bigger occasions and keeping my MFLB as my main go to vape/smoking utensil
Yeah I dont like using it with groups of people, its a lot of hassle you cant take your eyes of if for a second without fear of someone forgetting to take the battery out or poking the screen to see what its made of or just something else they you dont want them to do.

They dont mean anything by it but I just feel like it will get broken if it gets passed around too much.

stuey,
Top Bottom