isis

Just ordered my MFLB. I am new to vaping--just received my first vape, a DBV, not two weeks ago. I'm hooked on vapor. Used to smoke spliffs, bowls, bongs, cigarettes. Now combustion is dead to me.

I was planning to wait awhile before ordering a portable, since I have now converted my friends to DBV and I don't need to lug mine to their houses so they can experience the wonder. However, I got unlucky and I have to send the DBV back to CO for repair. It won't turn on. This happened last night and as you can all imagine, it really fucking blows. At least it also has a warranty, right?

Anyway, so now that I have to send back buddha, wait for them to fix it and then wait for them to ship it back, I decided this is the opportune time to purchase the portable that I wanted anyway.

Can't wait to get my LB; it can't come soon enough. It pains me and my lungs to think of the herb I'll be combusting and wasting in the next few days.

Ordered it from vapeworld through Amazon because I had a few gift cards. MFLB plus 8 extra eneloops (expedited shipping) came to $52. Not too shabby.

I will let yinz know what I think (I know I will love it).

isis,
isis said:
Ordered it from vapeworld through Amazon because I had a few gift cards. MFLB plus 8 extra eneloops (expedited shipping) came to $52. Not too shabby.
When I saw that I had to go to Amazon to look.
I spend probably more than $100 a month, every month for household and PC stuff and have a Prime membership so I don't pay shipping for most things and can get overnight shipping for $3.99 for single items. I was surprised at what I found.

WTF? Every listed piece showed a shipping charge from $4.53 to $9.69. I thought I had been reading that shipping was free? Anyway, no killer deal there for me.

VapeWorld, VapeMaster, VaporStore were all there and two new vendors VSV Goods and CTPowerTools. Power Tools? Wtf? BTW, they sell 'canoes and IOs in addition to lathes and drill presses.

I LOLed.

Howie Feltersnatch,

isis

Howie Feltersnatch said:
isis said:
When I saw that I had to go to Amazon to look.
I spend probably more than $100 a month, every month for household and PC stuff and have a Prime membership so I don't pay shipping for most things and can get overnight shipping for $3.99 for single items. I was surprised at what I found.

WTF? Every listed piece showed a shipping charge from $4.53 to $9.69. I thought I had been reading that shipping was free? Anyway, no killer deal there for me.

VapeWorld, VapeMaster, VaporStore were all there and two new vendors VSV Goods and CTPowerTools. Power Tools? Wtf? BTW, they sell 'canoes and IOs in addition to lathes and drill presses.

I LOLed.
Yeah sorry, there is no LB that cheap on Amazon. As I said, I had a few gift cards-- 75 bucks worth. That's why my price was so low.

I feel bad that I got your hopes up. I still think this device is priced very well.

isis,

isis

By the way, I paid about $9 for shipping, and I signed up for the "Free Trial" of Amazon Prime in hopes of getting a lower rate. I did get the batteries for free 2 day shipping, though.

isis,
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that I thought there was a massively-discounted MFLB on there.

Not my first rodeo. I know what they sell for generally but I often find items for less on Amazon even with overnight shipping charge added on.

With the FC discount codes, it is reported here that you can get the thing delivered with extra batteries for less than $100. I doubt the code could be used through Amazon's checkout though.

BTW, The Prime membership is only worth it if you buy a lot of stuff from them that qualifies for free shipping. You get 2-day delivery free and overnight for $3.99 per item.

Howie Feltersnatch,

isis

Yeah I realized what you really meant after I posted. Blame it on the combustion. Hope you didn't feel emasculated or anything.

And I tried the FC discount on Amazon with very low hopes-- didn't work, of course. Was worth a try, anyway.

isis,

greenganja

I took my MFLB with me today to play frisbee golf with some friends. There were four of us and two of my friends each brought a little one hitter with a dugout. It was a very gusty, and windy day. While they were struggling to light their one hitter's, I already had the MFLB loaded and had some fresh batteries in my pocket. I passed it around and let all of them try it native style. They all loved it, and commented on how much better it tasted as opposed to combustion. They couldn't believe that a little wooden box could produce such a flavorful and pleasant experience. We all got pretty baked and had a fun time finishing the course. :peace:

greenganja,

Plant

i noticed something with my GP2700 batts they work fine, but when i load a trench and i take a eneloop the light is bright and the vapor is almost instant.
When i use a GP the light is dim almost like when the batts almost gone the vapor starts forming after 5sec and it doesn't run that hot when i take out the batt, and plug in another GP, the light is a bit brigther not as bright as with the eneloops but it than forms vapor faster, and also when twisting the GP and the light fluctuates a bit.
the eneloops are super i can take more hits with the eneloops than with the GP's
thinking of getting 4extra eneloops

Plant,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
I think that people searching for 'the perfect battery' for the box need to just buy one or two of the Eneloop four packs. It isn't that expensive, and if you have 8 + 2 stock eneloops, you DO NOT need to worry about running out.

Personally, the Eneloops run great for me and I think they are cheap enough to buy a decent amount of. And, in case we all forgot, we CAN use these AAs in other things in house besides the LB. lol.

finchrock24,

af1zle

finchrock, using the peeled batteries in other devices isn't recommended by MF. Maiden flight!

af1zle,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Yea, I almost had "combustion" in my pants when i carried two charged, and peeled, batteries as extras......

However, the caps on the positive end would be golden. Prevents hot pants.

Vape on. And vape long. ;)

stark1,

steiner666

Serial vapist
yeah, def dont use pealed batteries in anything but the LB or you'll more than likely kill the device along with the batteries. And not just "kill" as in make it so they won't charge as well afterward, I'm talking snaps, crackles, pops, and oozing batteries and possibly fire. :uhoh:

steiner666,

B.

War Criminal
Use the cap from a tube of chapstick on the positive end of your battery, that way you won't burn your junk when you carry some batts in your pocket.

(Credit for that idea goes to someone else, go back a whole lotta pages and maybe you can find the post)

B.,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
B. said:
Use the cap from a tube of chapstick on the positive end of your battery, that way you won't burn your junk when you carry some batts in your pocket.

(Credit for that idea goes to someone else, go back a whole lotta pages and maybe you can find the post)
Thanks for bringing it up again! I will definitely use this idea. :) I've been looking for some battery cases for the extras that I got and haven't had any success. This will work fine.

momofthegoons,

iewed

i just ordered by MFLB, i live in texas, is it reasonable to expect it by saturday?

god im so pumped

iewed,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
iewed said:
i just ordered by MFLB, i live in texas, is it reasonable to expect it by saturday?

god im so pumped
Yeah, It's quite possible. And yes, it will change the way you live life. ;)

HighSti,

vaporFTW

I love this thing.

I posted a short review the day I received it. This vape is great, unbelievably easy to use, and works the same everytime. It hasn't let me down once and I've had it around 2 months now. If anything it works better now that I'm used to it and know how it functions. 1 trench a little more than half filled and I'm proper baked. Can't beat that with a stick. I love wakenvapes with the LB, too. So much better than a hot smoky bong rip in the morning. Hands down the best portable vape, IMO.

vaporFTW,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Thanks Lo for the link on the cases. And also to Plant for the baggy idea. I'll tell you, I went right away and checked on the chapstick tops. They fit perfectly. Hat's off to you B. I'm just wondering how you came up with the idea. :lol:

momofthegoons,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I like these battery cases, http://www.powerpax.net/catalog/?product=SLAA

They keep battery tips away from other metal objects in my pocket, and I know at a glance which ones have been discharged (I put them in nipple first if charged, or nipple out if discharged). There is no cover to accidentally open and spill. I seldom need more than 4 batteries. I can use one hand to remove a battery.

macbill,
Top Bottom