Plant

i do like the powepax it's a stylish pack
and the chapstick is nice idea aswel but since i don't use chapstick
and storage for 200 batts for a dollar :lol:
i checked some other bags they fit 3 or 4 but the 2 are the best
they won't accidentally open and i like bcuzz they don't rattle

Plant,

Bobobear

Thanks to this thread I just bought and received my first vaporizer. I have a quick question, however. The amount of material the box holds is much more than I'd typically use. Is it safe/advisable to keep material in the box until it "runs out"? How long does it typically take for the material to run it's course and is there an easy way to tell when it's time to swap?

Thanks!

Bobobear,

B.

War Criminal
The most I ever put into my LB is 3/4's of a trench( so it is full to just below the screen's ridge). You can tell it's done when it turns brown.

If it's a solo session I usually fill the trench 1/3 to 1/2 full. I know you've probably absorbed a lot of this thread(I know I did before I got my box) but here's some tips anyway :

hit the box native(no tube attachments) without the battery in so you can tell what regular air tastes like. Then insert the battery, wait until you can see vapor, then take a really really really slow hit. REALLY SLOW. Aim the airstream onto your tongue, you will be able to taste/feel the vapor. Don't forget to shake between hits. Mixing it up after every hit ensures uniform vaping of your bud.

Also, keep your bud when you're done vaping it. You can cook with it, make green dragon, qwiso hash, grind it up and revape it in a dry spell, etc. It's a fantastic resource, and one of the great benefits of vaping. I call it ABV(already been vaped), some people call it AVB(already vaped bud), some call it duff.

B.,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Bobobear said:
Thanks to this thread I just bought and received my first vaporizer. I have a quick question, however. The amount of material the box holds is much more than I'd typically use. Is it safe/advisable to keep material in the box until it "runs out"? How long does it typically take for the material to run it's course and is there an easy way to tell when it's time to swap?

Thanks!
Yes, you can leave your herb in the box until you are ready to use it again. I would just make sure to shake it when you are done with your last hit. You can also put less in.

How long it takes to finish a trench depends on a couple of things; how much there is, how dry it is, the grade of herb you are using (some are stickier than others), etc. There's really no set time. Just keep going until it either starts tasting bad, or until it's brown. Both happen at about the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:
momofthegoons,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
I either use 1/3 trench of finely ground weed or a full level trench of coarsely ground weed. Now, it's just me, but I'll take 3 hits (shaking and tapping between each one), judge where I am and either stop or continue to 5-6 hits. I'll come back to it in a few hours (or less), grab another 3-5 hits, and put it down. If I started with a coarse grind I might re crumble it at this point. And then in another few hours or less I'll take another 3-5 hits and then it goes into what I am now calling the charity chamber (g/f uses it to roll spliffs instead of tobacco).

On a week night, 0.16g will do me for the evening. On Fridays and Saturdays 0.5 or so (and an edible).

The great thing about the Launch Box is how versatile it is. Mine is still going strong after 7 weeks of (although extensive dog chew teeth marks :) )multiple daily uses.

Tom

tdavie,

Bobobear

You are all the best! I've also never used a grinder before (luckily my order came with one), so this is all new to me. Any tips on that front?

Bobobear,

B.

War Criminal
I use a very fine grind. In fact, when I grind I turn my grinder upside down so it stays in the grinding chamber and is ground even finer. I also use a coffee grinder a lot, especially if I'm takin a few trenches worth with me. On trips/if it's gonna be a group thang, I bring 2 contact lens cases with me, one for ground fresh bud, one for abv. They're usually marked with an R and an L, I swap so on one case both chambers have an R, and on the other both have an L. When you grind in a coffee grinder you can jam sooooo much bud into a little, inconspicuous contact lens case.

Grind really depends on the vape, and the effect you want to achieve. A finer grind gives a more powerful hit.If I want a nice little buzz, I can throw some complete nugs into my SSV wand and take a couple tasty rips though my tube, and I get a nice tint to my day, but no couch lock, no brain lock, no red/squinty eyes. If I want the brain/couch lock, and the red squinty eyes, and ideas that sounded way better in my head, I will load the same amount, but with a fine grind, and with sooo much more surface area being expose to the heat, the hit will be wayyy more powerful.

The LB can work the same way. I think it may even be designed to use a fine grind. Not positive, but it's ringin a bell. Anyone care the chime in?

(Um...unintentional pun :ko: )

B.,

vaporFTW

I used to smoke a gram a day through my roor, on a typical day. The LB gets me through the day with less than half that amount. Can't say enough about this thing.

vaporFTW,

steven22

Hey guys, my LB just arrived today

I like the size and everything, and it works, im very lit off one bowl... I am also an Extreme user that needed something portable...

anyways... a few questions or concerns that i have,

am I doing something wrong?... I cant seem to get my herb the light to medium brown evenly the way my extreme does, with the LB the herbs are either really dark brown almost black or still green... the herbs that make contact with the screen of the trench turn dark, it isnt uniform or even... and I shake after each hit real well...

is that normal?.... I feel like i combust more often than i would with the Extreme

---

next, how long can I realistically have the battery inserted before things are combusting?... what I do is warm up for 3-4 seconds, then inhale for about 4-6 seconds. 10ish seconds total, far less than the 20 that is stated in the vaporpedia page for the LB.

---

I dont really need super thick hits or anything, i just like big hits, where i can draw for a while and fill my lungs... and keep it in.

---

i grind mine to the constancy that my chromium crusher 4pc would grind it to.

steven22,

hanfhead

is high
steven22 said:
am I doing something wrong?... I cant seem to get my herb the light to medium brown evenly the way my extreme does, with the LB the herbs are either really dark brown almost black or still green... the herbs that make contact with the screen of the trench turn dark, it isnt uniform or even... and I shake after each hit real well...

is that normal?.... I feel like i combust more often than i would with the Extreme
The reason for the uneven browning is because the LB works on conduction, so the screen gets hot and cooks the part that is touching it the most. I always save my used herb from the LB and use it as bottom packer in my Herborizer to finish it off.

As for the combustion, I have only once gotten smoke. I was in a hurry taking several hits in a short time and the box got hot. Normally I can take as long of a hit as I want., just keep drawing once you learn the draw rates and temp you want.

Also, keep in mind the battery will lose power over time. I use a 15 minute charger and it kills batteries pretty quickly. New batts definitely get hotter and faster.

hanfhead,

Gatsby T Pig

I have to say this MFLB looks awesome. I wasn't really intending to get a portable at first but after I read all of the glowing reports on this gadget, I have slowly changed my mind.

This seems like the perfect device to take with me when backpacking or skiing/snowboarding, as I don't need to worry about the wind blowing out a flame while trying to light up.

I have been considering buying a quick charger in addition to the charger that comes with the MFLB. Hanfhead just mentioned that a 15 minute chrger kills the batteries quickly. I was just curious as to how 'quickly' the batteries are killed. I am just trying to decide if the quick charger is worth it to me, since I may be going through more batteries this way.

The other question I have relates to the battery storage. I have noticed people have been mentioning small plastic cases, bags and chapstick caps for the batteries. I am not sure I understand why. There are over 100 pages of posts so please forgive me if I missed this. There seems to be some reference to battery caps, which I am confused if this is a reference to the diodes... or something like that.

Are these being used so the batteries don't accidentally activate the MFLB? Are these items used to identify wich batteries have already been used? Are these being used so you don't have to touch the battery or diode while using the MFLB?

Thanks for all the great information on this product!

Gatsby T Pig,

stuey

The battery caps are small plastic caps that go over the end of the battery (covering the +ve terminal) so that the battery cannot accidentally make contact with something metallic.

stuey,

SirSoloDolo

First Post. Long time lurker.
I was once a proud owner of a VG but i must say the MFLB is far more awesome than the VG in terms of efficiency, stealth, and the overall look of it. See I live and also work with my parents so i must be :ninja:. The LB is such a great device that after only a day of use I had to purchase a second one!

SirSoloDolo,

Dicey

Cosmic Slop
I used to get uneven ABV all the time until I modified my technique; now it comes out, for the most part, perfectly even. My original technique would be that I would shake, tap, and stir up my weed all the time; after every hit. But would push it all back into the trench.

My new technique uses those two flat plateaus which are above, and either side of the trench. I will tap my weed against those and the sliding cover, and hit the box on an angle so it stays there. It acts like a grilled cheese sandwich on a frying pan; or in other words, only toasts one side more than the others. I'll shake and tap, and then move across the box from one side, to the middle, and to the next. I will do that between hits until I've cashed my trench. I take airy hits without the stem, it really helps regulate how fast your weed toasts, and changes colour.

I call it a 'corner' hit.

Dicey,

Plant

weird i get it nice and even brown on all sides, i let it cool for a bit then i flip "the goldbrick" it stays in one piece after cooling and its nice and even brown

Plant,

bontox

bontox said:
magicflight said:
stuey said:
Thats worth knowing!!

You might want to put that in the instructions in BIG LETTERS because I doubt people would even think of that.
Hi,

We have. The most recent version of the directions are posted on our website (link near the top middle of the first page). Actually, just about everything in the instructions page is important -- we only included the information most essential to know in the hope that in having less to read, that it would be more likely to get read. As always, your mileage may vary.

-- Magic-Flight
Howdy magicflight,

Im a vapor virgin, so to speak! Launch Box will pop that cherry in a few moments. Dont knowfuck combustions forums moved me. So, I thought I would share. :)

So, I may have for you two more items worth gentle consideration for inclusion within the Launch Boxs instructional sheet: 1) An explanation of what the battery caps were truly designed for use with. 2) An explanation of the chargers LED status ('off' means no batteries present or no present batteries charged and 'on' means charging). Hunting for information on the latter is how I found this cool forum. As for the aforementioned, my friend who introduced me to this device thought the caps were individual ends for each battery. Thus, he would use them only as a way to hold the battery in place during ignition*. Now that I know their true purpose (stealth-portability) I have fodder to tease him with...appropriately. Thanks!

I purchased the LB a few hours ago and the LED just went out on the charger! It is their maiden voyage as well as mine. You see my buddy and I didnt have any combustibles when I first saw this instrument. I fixed that and picked up a Launch Box of my own for good measure. I will do my best *heh* to post my review later. If the LB performs like I know it will it may be much, much later.

:peace:

*Great idea.
Here is my review: The Launch Box rocks! :brow: Thank you, thank you. ;) Yea, I read some of the other reviews around here and I really had nothing to add other than my approval of this cool, little device.

Question: Below I will post what I believe is a youtube version of the video on Magic-Flights main website. My Launch Box does not fog up with smoke like the one in the video at about 30 second in. However, I do get vapor really fast out the end of the breathing tube consistently. Is there something wrong with my Launch Box since it doesnt fog up with smoke as much as the one in the video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irUKKIouQVw&feature=related

bontox,

bontox

Oh! One more question: Is there any reason that the LB should not be used as a primary device for smokin? After using the LB I tried my bong and pipe and it was so harsh I never want to use them again! So, Im using the LB always now. Can the LB take it?

bontox,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
bontox said:
Oh! One more question: Is there any reason that the LB should not be used as a primary device for smokin? After using the LB I tried my bong and pipe and it was so harsh I never want to use them again! So, Im using the LB always now. Can the LB take it?
Got my Launch Box on March 8th, 7 weeks ago. I've used it about 4-5 times a day since then. About 250 times. There are no moving parts. It's pretty durable wood and plexiglass. The only thing that I *could* see going is tthe little diode light and those are supposed to be pretty reliable.

I would be willing to be that the LB will last a long long time.

Tom

tdavie,

bontox

hanfhead said:
DeepFried said:
To anyone reading this: please use common sense and don't use anything poisonous to clean any vape.
I remember reading (probably in this thread) from Magicflight; to clean it, leave it unpacked and the plastic lid opened and insert a battery until it starts to smoke. Remove the battery and then brush the screen off with the included brush.
Yea, I find that every other vape session I need to use the little brush that came with the LB to clean off some debris. Fine with me! Sure beats the crap out of having to deal with stinky, sticky resin!

bontox,

bontox

tdavie said:
bontox said:
Got my Launch Box on March 8th, 7 weeks ago. I've used it about 4-5 times a day since then. About 250 times. There are no moving parts. It's pretty durable wood and plexiglass. The only thing that I *could* see going is tthe little diode light and those are supposed to be pretty reliable.

I would be willing to be that the LB will last a long long time.

Tom
wthanna said:
bontox said:
...Can the LB take it?
Oh yes it can, and does... every day.. all day... ;)
tdavie and wthannathanks for the replies in response to my wondering if the LB can handle being the primary smoking device. Beezlebs old post is the reason I asked. He states early on in this tread:

Keep in mind this is not a desktop/home vape such as PD, DBV, Vaporwarez, Vapor Bros, SSV etc. To think of it along those lines is to make an incorrect comparison.

For those in the market for a quick inexpensive, functional portable vape that can be easily used in outdoor and indoor locations this little box just might be the magic you are looking for. It is with confidence that I recommend the magic flight launch box in that respect.

The two statements read to me at least as contradictory. Not in a bad way or anythingjust a bit confusing. I will believe you guys, though. :)

Did you see my post above with the youtube video? Any opinions on that one?

Thanks again for the help!

bontox,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
@Bontox - the Launch Box certainly can be used as a primary home vape, although others such as the ones Beezleb mentioned are more commonly thought of as home vapes.

Oh yeah, and regarding the youtube video; I've seen it, and the light has to be 'just right' to be the same as that. At least with my eyes :)

Tom

tdavie,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Gatsby T Pig said: I have to say this MFLB looks awesome. I wasn't really intending to get a portable at first but after I read all of the glowing reports on this gadget, I have slowly changed my mind.
Looks like you've been bitten by the vaporizer bug Gatsby! You've been on a buying spree. ;) It's too much fun buying all these new toys, isn't it? In answer to your question about the 15 min. charger, I purchased one when I got my LB a few months ago. I've only used it once and really feel it isn't necessary. I got two extra batteries with my LB, and four really is plenty for my needs (and I use it daily at least once). The primary reason I got the 15 min charger was because it came with a car cord and I go on a lot of long car trips.

momofthegoons,

No Smoking!

I read the previous posters as meaning the MFLB as not being the most efficient vaporizer...yet being excellent at what it's meant to be...the best portable on the market

There are bound to be knock-offs on the horizon...

No Smoking!,
Top Bottom