Wolface

They must be peeled so the negative side of the battery runs up the length of the battery to contact the copper contacts inside the device to power it.

Wolface,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
Im sure most people know by now that after using your launchbox for some time, a honey-like substance begins to accumulate inside the box. As far as im concerned, there's not much you can do about cleaning it out. Here's my situation though.

I'm not supposed to be ingesting any form of THC for a couple of months due to a few upcoming drug tests but I still want to be able to use my launchbox with some legal herbs. The only thing im concerned about is when the box is heating my legal herbs, I don't want the heat also releasing any mj cannabanoids from the honey into my system.

My cousin (has owned 3 launchbox's) and I used information from Magic-flight and common sense to think of a way to clear the box of any potential large amounts of THC. The idea is to leave in the battery for about 10 sec intervals without drawing from the box and go through about 3 batteries. This will heat up the screen and the chamber inside releasing any additional THC particles and thus making the box ALMOST THC free.

Now I know that this will not entirely clear my box of THC, but I was thinking it would be enough that I wouldn't have to worry about anything showing on a drug test. What do you guys think about this?

HighSti,

wtfd03

HighSti said:
Im sure most people know by now that after using your launchbox for some time, a honey-like substance begins to accumulate inside the box. As far as im concerned, there's not much you can do about cleaning it out. Here's my situation though.

I'm not supposed to be ingesting any form of THC for a couple of months due to a few upcoming drug tests but I still want to be able to use my launchbox with some legal herbs. The only thing im concerned about is when the box is heating my legal herbs, I don't want the heat also releasing any mj cannabanoids from the honey into my system.

My cousin (has owned 3 launchbox's) and I used information from Magic-flight and common sense to think of a way to clear the box of any potential large amounts of THC. The idea is to leave in the battery for about 10 sec intervals without drawing from the box and go through about 3 batteries. This will heat up the screen and the chamber inside releasing any additional THC particles and thus making the box ALMOST THC free.

Now I know that this will not entirely clear my box of THC, but I was thinking it would be enough that I wouldn't have to worry about anything showing on a drug test. What do you guys think about this?
That's basically how magic-flight advises us to clean the screen, insert the battery for a few seconds with the lid open. You can then proceed to brush the screen off some more. I can't help ya on the drug test tho, everyone I knew always took a 1-2 week break, along with plenty of exercise and drinking tons of water. They always passed, however YMMV.

wtfd03,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
Actually I think it is a bad idea in your situation. The recommendation is to put a fresh battery in to an empty box for 1 minute straight with the lid open, not cycling it because you want high temps to build up and burn anything that is stuck in the screen off. But that is only to clear a clogged screen. All the honey under the screen and in the wood will still be there possibly releasing into your lungs as you use it even with legal herbs.

*edit: added lid open safety step

DeepFried,

Kweli

extremevape420 said:
hey i was considering purchasing this product but i have acouple questions.
i was wondering if anyone in canada that has purchased one could tell me how long the shipping takes, also i was wondering with the original battery charger and the batteries how long they take to fully charge
I purchased mine from vapeworld. Ordered it on a thursday and received it friday (6 business days, not the next day)

Kweli,

happydays

Today is a very happy day for me. What did I find in my mailbox but my very own Launchbox! I ordered Tuesday afternoon and here it is Friday morning and I'm flying.
I ordered from vapeworld using the FC2010 code, total price $87.12, with free shipping and an acrylic grinder.
I received a nice wooden grinder in the package.
thanks to all posters in this thread and vapeworld. And Magicflight, you've made me a happy camper. Your posts sold me.
Now I can cut the cord from my extreme and enjoy the outside world.

happydays,

xenith

Fuck what I said about Magic-Flight's CS. They are fantastic! I can't believe the warranty on the LB. Thanks Magic-Flight and BlisSville!

EDIT: By the way, anyone have experience/opinions on vaping hash or other concentrates?

xenith,
i had the LB for a month now and im a heavy smoker and i learned that buyin the 12 inch whip makes the hit alot smoother and easier to get lots of vapor action. Ive also learned the best way to teach ppl to get a good hit is too hit it like ure fixing a uneven burning blunt by taking small puffs and let just a little vapor out so u know ure still gettin good vapor before wasting a breath on nothin

riki7310,

sgvpunk

So i recently purchased a magic-flight launch box. I based my purchasing decison off of all the great reviews you guys have been giving it, and i am glad to say i couldnt be happier. its super stealthy, makes no noise, virtually no smell, and has a Life time warranty. I also bought an additional 2 batteries (4 total) from vapeworld. Now i want to buy some more batteries to make sure i never run out of 'juice" lol. What batteries have you guys/gals purchased that have worked well. And where did you buy them. ALso how do you go about removing the wrapper from the battery. Thanks again everyone, you have all helped making my first vaping experience wonderful!!!! :)

sgvpunk,

chloe

i'll say with the old box i was against eneloops for the fact that you had to torque it for a good connection...this can drive one insane..but with the new box...it is absolutely perfect....the led makes a huge difference to allow you to know how fresh the battery is and whether its a good connection...so with the new model, my choice is eneloops (or rebranded eneloops (duracell white tops: made in japan))...the price i get mine for when on sale is at shoppers drug mart - $7 for 4 duracells lsd (rebranded eneloops)...when those sales happen..i stock up....another good choice are the powerex for higher mah...but price/performance..eneloops are great!

chloe,

max

Out to lunch
another good choice are the powerex for higher mah...but price/performance..eneloops are great!
MAHA (Powerex) also makes a low discharge battery-the Imedion.

max,

paultheghost

Hey guys, long term lurker, first time poster.
Just got my LB in the mail on Thursday, had some time to test it out...

I'm really having difficulty not burning my herb when vaping with this
little sucker. It's my first vaporizer and I followed the directions to the
word, only inhaling with the tiniest amount of force.
No matter how lightly or strongly I inhale I can only get pure vapor
on the first inhale.
I don't know how to inhale any less than what I'm currently doing.

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks!

paultheghost,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
paultheghost said:

on the first inhale.

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks!
I've only had my LB since Monday (8th March), so I'm not an expert by any means. I load the trench about 1/2 full, insert a battery and count to 3 and then do a 10-15 second draw and remove the battery. Invert, tap, shake, turn it rightside up, level it and hit it again after leaving in the battery for another 3 seconds, and again taking a 10-15 second draw.

Aftr hitting it twice, I might remove the herb, crush it a bit more and put it bsck in the box. I find my LB to be very consistent, with only the batteries sometimes giving trouble (one battery runs VERY hot right after charging).

Tom

tdavie,

steiner666

Serial vapist
paultheghost said:

on the first inhale.

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks!
if its actually burning (comes out black) then you definitely need to hit it faster and/or wait less time before you start your hit. the less air moving over it, the hotter it gets, so crank on it as fast as you can. i cant imagine any LB burning herb if you hit it hard and start hitting it right after you put the battery in. most LBs, like mine, run too cool if anything and require you to wait closer to 5 seconds and inhale as soft as you can for 15 second or so. So yeah, try going the opposite way - sooner and faster, and make sure you pull your battery a second or so b4 you stop hitting it, and then immediately flip it up-side down so that the herb is away from the heat source.

steiner666,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Does anyone have an ETA on the power adapter for this little guy? Really want to get one, but I am trying to hold out until the power unit is available.

finchrock24,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
finchrock24 said:
Does anyone have an ETA on the power adapter for this little guy? Really want to get one, but I am trying to hold out until the power unit is available.
I've got an Extreme .v3 and a Magic Flight. Last night was the first chance I had to use them both on the same night. I didn't use the whip on the Extreme, but had about 5 bags. Other than that, I split about 70% MFLB and 30% Iolite. Either the MFLB or Iolite allows me the freedom of moving from room to room without using an adapter unlike with the Extreme.

That having been said, I do use the Extreme in the room with the biggest TV. I will buy the adapter for the Flight Box, but will probably use it all over the house (and camping in the motorhome too).

My advice as a satisfied owner; buy it now, learn the tricks and quirks and then jump on the adapter when it is offered.

Tom

tdavie,

B.

War Criminal
Paultheghost-

When you're first learning, I'd recommend hitting the box without any attachments. I believe this gives me the most feedback as to how the vapor in my hit is.

Have the hit blow right into your tongue, and you can taste/feel when hot air turns to vapor.

Insert your battery, count to three, and start inhaling quickly, at a speed with will most likely not allow vapor, then gently reduce the speed of your hit until you can start to feel the air turning to vapor.

I believe this will be a good way for you to determine the draw rate that will give you some solid vapor. \

Also keep in mind that many LB owners have reported a break in period, where the box runs a little hotter for short while, and cools down eventually, making it so much easier to stay in the vape range. If that's what you're in right now, all you can do is ride it out.

Let us know how it goes.

Has anyone else had some success putting the box flush up against a gong joint and hit it thru a bong like that? I find that although the air seal isn't 100%, and I can only see a wispy vapor in the tube, I can get some big clouds. Bigger than if I didn't use a tube, at least. I've also used tubing for a much tighter seal, and you can hold the box at a better angle. In a pinch though, a native box held against a gong joint is a simple way to get bigger rips from your box.

Magic Flight- Any chance of making a glass stem with a 14mm gong adapter?

Or maybe even a glass launch box? have the screen sandwiched inside of a glass trench with dozens of tiny holes. I'd imagine the screen would have to be hotter...probably would be very hard on the glass. Maybe not so feasible. But the glass gong stem would be so cool.

B.,
Reactions: ntaylor

paultheghost

Steiner and B, thank you for your responses.
Thanks to you guys I was able to fully vape my first trench without burning any herb.
I definitely think that my LB was running a lot hotter when I first tried it out on Thursday that it is after I've run about 10 or so trenches through it, but I think that it still has a little bit of cooling off to do.
Now I know to hit it a lot harder than the directions told me to. Thanks again you guys!

edit: I would love to see a 14mm gong attachment for the lb.
It would make it an even better portable!

paultheghost,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
OK, so after spending alot of time reading up on the LB, and the LT, I ordered an LB.

Very satisfied with my results, with one exception. :|

In the listed contents, a long stem, and a short stem, are supposed to be included with the purchase (no "pipe" stem).

The short (stealth) stem is an essential part of the LB, IMHO, which further minimizes the LB to make it small(-er).

While I know that the pace of adaptive changes for Magic-Flight must be close to exponential, MF, as a well heeled manufacturer, and producer for the vapor market would do well to update their parts listed. Or, if they are gpoing to use the old parts list, should include ALL the parts listed.

The customer may otherwise feel a little shorted (pun intended).

While the short (stealth) stem was listed, my (otherwise spiffy) Launch Box did NOT come

with the aforesaid stealthy short stem. Ahem.

Otherwise, the Launch Box smo..., err, *ROCKS*!! :ko:

PS Anyone here know where I can buy a Launch Tube?

stark1,

CoronaNoLime

Stark1,

You can cut the stem to any length you like with a sharp knife. Instead of having a long stem and a short stem, I just made three short stems. YMMV.

CoronaNoLime,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I also got two long stems with the FB I just got. It's no big deal to me, since you can hit right off the box if you really need stealth.

However, Magic Flight has often posted that they will supply any parts missing from a Launch box kit. If you go back towards the beginning of this thread, you should be able to find one of his posts and email him. ;)

momofthegoons,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Yes. Seems Magic Flight may well be pooped from all the 'plaints from various consumers, so I thought I would vent some vapors here.

To keep up with their product, and demand, Magic-Flight should update with their evolving product. :cool:

Keep on vappin', Mates!

stark1,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
stark1 said:
Yes. Seems Magic Flight may well be pooped from all the 'plaints from various consumers, so I thought I would vent some vapors here.

To keep up with their product, and demand, Magic-Flight should update with their evolving product. :cool:

Keep on vappin', Mates!
Will definitely keep on vapin, but I just thought I'd chime in and add that I do not think there are a lot of complaints. And those that do occur with this product are dealt with very promptly, in my opinion. They might be feeling a bit tight with time because they are undergoeeing a move (?), and don't forget that they are developing the AC adapter as well.

Tom

(I had one stem included, about the size of the brush. Never used the stem myself)

tdavie,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Yer rite, Tom!

Their CS is incredible, 'specially in the LT thread. Imagine sending in another vape to replace one that was "hot".

And, according to Magic Flight, parts, and vaporizers are replaced even if the customer is at "fault".

Like someone said, only KOSS replaces products with no questions asked. Until Magic Flight.

That's awesome.

I was merely piping that it is well worth MF's while to update their inclosed paperwork with their products. To keep on top of their competitors, and their own product info.

I am one happy toking Launch Box vapper, just lacking a (stealth) shorty stem (as listed in the existing parts inventory).

Just my 2......

stark1,
Top Bottom