LOCKSTOCK93

i've been waiting for my launch box for two weeks and 6 days now, and i'm getting antsy!

I'm a long way from florida and shipping is slow, so if my extreme q hadn't arrived in between, i'd have been much worse. Please let today be the day!!!

LOCKSTOCK93,

Noodles123

It says on the site that this can vaporize Salvia Divinorum? I thought the boiling point of Salvinorin A is 760C, so this seems a little wierd.

Noodles123,

aero18

vaporist
Noodles123 said:
It says on the site that this can vaporize Salvia Divinorum? I thought the boiling point of Salvinorin A is 760C, so this seems a little wierd.
"When this compound is heated beyond its melting point, it gradually evaporates. The rate of evaporation increases with temperature. It can evaporate quickly and completely without ever actually boilinga process known as sublimation. When rapidly heated at high temperatures, bubbling does occur, but the compound quickly discolors, turning brown. This bubbling might be the result of pyrolytic decomposition rather than the actual boiling of salvinorin A. To vaporize salvinorin A, it need only be heated to just past its melting point, and with sufficient airflow, it will completely vaporize with no significant decomposition. Based on my own experiments using an adjustable thermocouple-controlled heat gun, I found that the ideal airstream temperature for vaporizing salvinorin A from dried leaves is approximately 277 C."

Mod note: When you quote a source, please provide a link.

Here it is! http://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.php?ID=3139

aero18,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
SkeletonLips said:
Hello y'all. This is my first post on fc and I am just wanting to comment on a pleasant surprise that I got when I received my launch box. When I plugged in the battery, I noticed that there was a strange, little, orange glow at the far end of the trench. I thought, "wtf", and proceded to go ahead and hit it anyways and worry about the light later.
The Launch Box so far has gotten me blitzed like no other offa just these regular greens I have. This is my first vaporizer, though def. not my first experience with one. My friend has a volcano, that I love, and my other buddy has a vapir one, which I don't so much. So to spend considerably less money, and be so happy with my first personal vap product, is just killer.
Anyways, about the light, apparently after doing some research, the newer models are now equipped with a battery strength/connection led. I had only dove into about 16 of the pages of this thread when I ordered, so I had never seen mention of such a thing on this little box. This leaves me pleased to know that I have the "upgraded" model, though i wonder if it is just one more thing to break.
I am pleased to have learned about this product, and this amazing forum. There seems to be lotsa knowledgeable people here. I also have to mention that I am also currently on the "pd waitlist" because of you extremely convincing people. Thanks, S.L.
If the light breaks it is no BIG deal. After you use it awhile you don't need the light. All it really does is indicate by the brightness of it when your battery begins to fade, but you can also tell by the hits you get. I mean the light is a great addition, but not completely necessary.

MoeOnTheMoon,
Thanks for the warm welcome! And I know that the light isn't all that important. I'm using the box in"native" mode, and the temperature seems to be a greater indicator of battery strength.
I wonder if the light is covered under the lifetime warranty? It's no big deal but it would be nice to know.
I am going to be trying this out with some high grade homegrown medicine tonight, and I can't wait. I also am excited about playing show and tell with this little box for my friends. Thanks again, S.L.

SkeletonLips,

Noodles123

aero18 said:
Noodles123 said:
"When this compound is heated beyond its melting point, it gradually evaporates. The rate of evaporation increases with temperature. It can evaporate quickly and completely without ever actually boilinga process known as sublimation. When rapidly heated at high temperatures, bubbling does occur, but the compound quickly discolors, turning brown. This bubbling might be the result of pyrolytic decomposition rather than the actual boiling of salvinorin A. To vaporize salvinorin A, it need only be heated to just past its melting point, and with sufficient airflow, it will completely vaporize with no significant decomposition. Based on my own experiments using an adjustable thermocouple-controlled heat gun, I found that the ideal airstream temperature for vaporizing salvinorin A from dried leaves is approximately 277 C."
oh cool, thanks. :)

Noodles123,

Wolface

Just about bought an Iolite, then started reading all the good stuff being said about the Launch Box. Had mine about a week now and just love it ! I highly recommend the Eneloops for flawless performance from the box. At half the cost of an Iolite and silent running.(a must in many situations!)It meets all requirements of a stealth pocket vape. If James Bond needed a vape, This would be it!

Wolface,

Durden

I am Jack's title
Is the Maha 9000 really worth it? Or is there a cheaper charger that will work just as well?

Durden,

max

Out to lunch
I've been happy with a MAHA MH-C204F. It won't roll over, sit up and beg, but it does auto discharge/charge. It's about $25 from Thomas Dist., with 4 Delkin 2500s, a car adapter, and a storage bag.

max,

LOCKSTOCK93

Hey folks,

My LaunchBox arrived last night and I was impressed with it to begin with, but i let a friend use it and she didn't understand my instructions (i blame myself), and she left the battery in too long - it started to burn.

My question is, how long does the bad taste/smell last?

LOCKSTOCK93,

VivaSativa

I've been wondering, why do we get that popcorn taste after after a few big hits? I always get the same popcorn taste regardless of the strain used, some strains 'run out of flavor' faster than others..
Do you get that taste on other vaporizers too?
Just wondering. Love the LB :p

PS
I'm almost sure I saw MF answer the following question on this thread, but it wasn't recently (the seach feature on this forum software is useless): Is it ok to leave the stock batteries in the stock (usb) charger? Using batts right out of the charger is sooooo much better than using batts that were charged 2 days ago..

VivaSativa,

VivaSativa

alucard said:
VivaSativa, generally that means you're overheating or over-using the herb.
I get that taste fairly quick, after about 3-4 big hits.. I can still get a good 3-5 hits (with half a trench full) and get high off it.. Not to mention that afterwards I smoke it in a bong and get stoned from it (getting a mostly indica stone, even from sativa dominant strains, as most of the THC has been vaped).
So I don't think it's over-using, maybe overheating, but then again I still have active ingredients left in the ABV..
Also my first LB ran too cool, I couldn't get herb brown, and even then I felt that taste pretty soon.. Thought that's just how it is.. It's not? :o

VivaSativa,

smoking Joe

LOCKSTOCK93 said:
Hey folks,

My LaunchBox arrived last night and I was impressed with it to begin with, but i let a friend use it and she didn't understand my instructions (i blame myself), and she left the battery in too long - it started to burn.

My question is, how long does the bad taste/smell last?
Try cleaning the sreen with a little iso alcohol. three drops on the cleaning brush. Don't use too much just a little.

smoking Joe,

smoking Joe

VivaSativa said:
alucard said:
VivaSativa, generally that means you're overheating or over-using the herb.
I get that taste fairly quick, after about 3-4 big hits.. I can still get a good 3-5 hits (with half a trench full) and get high off it.. Not to mention that afterwards I smoke it in a bong and get stoned from it (getting a mostly indica stone, even from sativa dominant strains, as most of the THC has been vaped).
So I don't think it's over-using, maybe overheating, but then again I still have active ingredients left in the ABV..
Also my first LB ran too cool, I couldn't get herb brown, and even then I felt that taste pretty soon.. Thought that's just how it is.. It's not? :o
The first hits taste the best and when it start tasting like popcorn it's done. Yes you can smoke the abv in the bong but then your getting all the nasty tars. Save you avb and cook with it.

smoking Joe,

driesclothesfaster

I know this has been answered before, but I can't find the answer:
If the white caps fall off my brand new Eneloops (they were already coming off when I first peeled them) do I need to do anything about it, if I don't care cosmetically? And if I do have to fix it, can I just glue them back on?

Thanks!

Also, is there anyway to buy new stems without paying the 6 bucks shipping? I messed mine up by soaking it in alcohol....

driesclothesfaster,

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
If my opinion helps at all here, Vaporbrothers considers Magic Flight to be an excellent addition to the vapor market, with a REAL ability to go portable and get fully vaped on tiny amounts of material. And the people involved in making this device are dedicated... and how do I say this...? they are GOOD PEOPLE coming from the right frame of mind to benefit society. It's money well spent.
-Linus V.

vaporbrothers,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Wow!! That was very nice of you Linus :D Thanks for sharing your opinion!! I concur!

Lo,

ClemsonVapor489

vaporbrothers said:
If my opinion helps at all here, Vaporbrothers considers Magic Flight to be an excellent addition to the vapor market, with a REAL ability to go portable and get fully vaped on tiny amounts of material. And the people involved in making this device are dedicated... and how do I say this...? they are GOOD PEOPLE coming from the right frame of mind to benefit society. It's money well spent.
-Linus V.
I don't think there is any need to sugar coat it on this site, they're stoners.

I don't know if others care at all, but the fact that Magic Flight listed cannabis openly on their site as one of the herbs that can be used with the LB went a long way towards solidifying my purchase.

ClemsonVapor489,

mattman_WF

vapor freak
Got my package today, only took 1 day from when it was shipped to reach my town! No curve to it after reading the forums. Really impressed with it. No problems i can see as if now.

VapeWorld.com is a great site as far as im concerned. The online chat really helps as well.

A+ all the way, Thanks Magic Flight for the great vape!

Also does anyone know of a bong attachment for the LB?

mattman_WF,

pinkyclown

I mad an account on this forum to post here how fucking awesome the magic flight lunch box vaporizer.

this product is a must have for any stoner, especially if you are in a situation where you are still living with you're parents. :D

pinkyclown,
Top Bottom