SmokeTheState

Smokey The State Bear
Heads up,
Newegg has some pretty good deals on Maha's. I read through the thread, got a few extra batteries to take to campus and a 1 hour quick charger.

I use too many batteries anyways, I really should be using rechargeables, so I bought some extra.

Read through the thread, I think I got a good idea on how technique should be for this thing. Can't wait to put it to the test.

Gotta find some more mild smelling stuff too, haha.

SmokeTheState,

Acaseofchaos

I dont think im going to get a 15 minute charger because i've read that they can make the batteries have issues alot earlier. I've decided to possibly get a eneloop (sanyo) charger+ batteries. Apparently they hold their charges alot longer, and therefor i can just charge more and carry them around instead of needing to charge them on the spot.

OR... i could get an energizer one too

Acaseofchaos,

Monsoon

Acaseofchaos said:
I dont think im going to get a 15 minute charger because i've read that they can make the batteries have issues alot earlier. I've decided to possibly get a eneloop (sanyo) charger+ batteries. Apparently they hold their charges alot longer, and therefor i can just charge more and carry them around instead of needing to charge them on the spot.

OR... i could get an energizer one too
You should take a look at the Maha C401FS from Thomas Distributing. It can charge them individually which is more convenient since the Box uses them one at a time. Best way to make sure each battery is fully charged.

Monsoon,

Sofa_King

I apologize for posting a question you guys may have already answered in regards to the Maha Chargers, but I am having trouble deciding on the following two chargers, the La Crosse Technology BC-9009 AlphaPower Battery Charger and Maha Powerex MH-C9000 WizardOne Charger-Analyzer, both seem to have stellar reviews but I do not know which is commonly preferred. Thanks and once again apologies for any inconvenience.

Sofa_King,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
The MaHa Powerex MH-C204W is not in same ballpark as the Maha Powerex MH-C9000 WizardOne Charger-Analyzer. If you check the specifications of the two, you'll see that the C204W has to charge the cells in pairs, and that each pair needs to be at about the same state of discharge. You have no flexibility in charge rate or mode with the C204W; it's 2 amps per cell when charging two batteries, and 1 amp per cell when charging four batteries.

The Maha Powerex MH-C9000 WizardOne Charger-Analyzer is by far the best of the three you mention, which is also reflected in its price. A number of us have been using it with great results for a long time. In fact, Magic-Flight mentioned in one of their earlier messages that they use the MH-C9000 in their shop.

Don't get me wrong, the BC-9009 and the MH-C204W are good chargers, they're just not as good. If you can't afford a MH-C9000 then the MH-204W is a good choice. (The BC-9009 is close enough in price to the MH-C9000 that I would be buying the MH-C9000 instead, even if I were strapped for money).

My 2

Haywood

Last edited by a moderator:
Haywood,
Reactions: ntaylor

2000pm

just ordered one from vapeworld with the coupon - thx for posting that. Now no more fumbling with the chillum and lighter on the lifts!

2000pm,

vape4health

I got to test out my new LB . We had a bunch of family visting to do so I packed the trench a little fuller then normal and put that and 2 batteries with chap stick caps on them in my pocket along with a stash pouch in the car with 4 more batts and a bag of ground herb . My plan was to use the LB when I needed and cig , just go outside fire up a smoke and in my other hand work the box out of my jacket pocket , I have big hands so palming the box with the battery in it is not too much of a problem . It was not much trouble , not as easy as setting at home but I would NEVER had been able to smoke a pipe like that , the smell is a huge problem with combustion , with vapor the cig smell covers it . And if I had to pocket it and go in the house it dont run a few cycles after its off.

With some brownies and the LB in my pocket this was the best time I have had chillin with the in-laws , most of the time after about 1 hour I'm going nutts , I put in almost 9 hours and was still ok .

vape4health,

SmokeTheState

Smokey The State Bear
Good looking out haywood. Your post was very informative. I am wondering if I should have thrown down an extra 20 bucks for the other charger.

Anyways, so what you are saying is I must use my batteries in sets of 2? To makes sure they are around the same power level during charging. What would happen if I put mismatched charged batteries together?

Not that it is a huge deal, I got like 10 rechargeables to work with, but you are right, charging one at a time would have been easier.

SmokeTheState,

vapeable

Dirk Dribbler
Get more batteries and a spare charger! LB was a blessing to me until the first 2 batteries went out. Then I abandoned it for 6mo! Vape and go has never been so easy for me. Now I just wanna get it so I can get more cool tasty vapor. Will report back. (NEW MFLB kit in the mail)

vapeable,

Acaseofchaos

If you want batteries that will last a long time, look up eneloop. Apparently they can last 1000 charges and they hold their charge, so u can take them wherever and still have them be fully charged. After a year they are still around 80% charged, so u can keep a shitload of spare ones already charged in case the others die on u. MagicFlight said they are going to start putting eneloop chargers and batteries in the kit (i am not sure when).

Acaseofchaos,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
Got a Launch Box for Xmas!
So far it works great, but I'm getting very light vapor except on the first couple of hits off newly charged batteries. After the first 2-3 hits, the vapor is there, but too light for my preference. Any way to increase the heat other than always use newly charged batteries for every couple of hits? (I'm using PowerEx 2700NIMH batteries and the ones that came with the LB. I see no difference in either set of batteries. Using a Maha charger that seems to work fine.) I follow the instructions and breathe in very very slowly/lightly.

Love the portability and ease of use of the LB, but just wish it would run a little hotter.

MoeOnTheMoon,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Somewhere I read if you think you're drawing slow enough your probably not... I have to force myself to slow down the draw. Also after a couple hits I crumble the herb and re-trench which provides some more nice hits. Good luck! It took me time to get the hang of mine :D

Lo,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
You can also try dryer herb, and smaller trenches. but as said a million times before, the slower you hit it, the hotter it will be. You will never milk out monster clouds in the LB, but somehow the little guy delivers.

IAmKrazy2,

Mckdenton

So yeah i got my LB today. and after rigorous and frequent testings all day. I am very satisfied with this buy. i almost wish that i had bought the LB before My E. the LB suits my on-the-go life style perfectly. Absolutely love this product and would recommend it to anyone who has a always running around life style and needs a good portable vape. Legit vape for sure! at first i was like there;s no way i;m gonna get blown with this tiny thing. well.... sure as shit i got ripped. k done high ramblings. later!

Mckdenton,

Sofa_King

Thanks Haywood and SmokeTheState for your response to the question I posted yesterday. I can afford the Maha so I'll be placing my order for the Maha and the Magic Flight Launch Box come next paycheck, an be be joining the satisfied tokers that have used or own the magic flight launch box.:D

Sofa_King,

SmokeTheState

Smokey The State Bear
SmokeTheState,

reece

SmokeTheState said:
Heads up,
Newegg has some pretty good deals on Maha's.
Thomas Distributing is less expensive (not by much) and includes a free battery holder with each set of batteries.

reece,

Sofa_King

Newegg has some good deals but Thomas Distributing seems like a better choice, a few bucks off but hey something is better than nothing. Thanks Reece for the recommendation

Sofa_King,

Acaseofchaos

u might wanna look up eneloop batteries/ chargers. Instead of having faster charging times, u can just have more batteries ready to use at one time, they hold their charge well, and can charge like... 1000 times. MagicFlight is going to put these in the box instead of the other ones.

Acaseofchaos,

Sofa_King

This battery technology and business is overwhelming:o but I see why one would opt for the Eneloop and its great that Magicflight will start shipping those batteries with the LaunchBox. Yet one question I would like to ask is how these differentiate from the Maha Imedion AA 2100mAh batteries? Maha seems to be a very respectable and trusted brand around here and at this point it seems that these Maha batteries coupled with the MH-C9000 are a perfect match to use with the LaunchBox

Sofa_King,

Acaseofchaos

Im not exactly sure why they are choosing them, but ive read up on the eneloops, and they retain 80% of their charge in a full year, while most other batteries can barely hold onto anything after 6 months. Thats why im going to get them, so i can have the batteries im using and im going to get 4 more to rotate when im on the go so i wont need a 15 min charger.

Acaseofchaos,
Top Bottom