MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
Acaseofchaos said:
[edited]

Which of these vapes would u say is overall better. Im going to tally the votes and see which people like more, because i think i would love both.
First of all, I am thinking maybe there should be a separate thread for this question: "Which should I get? The Vapor Genie or the Launch Box?" Because it seems somewhat unfair to talk about the LB's competitor here in their "own" thread. But since it's been done before and the question is here, for now, I'll answer here.

I use both regularly. I own a VG and my friend has a LB.
To me, they are so different that I "need" both. I am hoping to get an LB for Xmas. It would be very hard to choose just one but I'll say this:

Factors to consider are: Are you going to use it out "in public", even in the woods or places where you MIGHT be seen? If so, the LB wins, hands down. It's easier to carry in a shirt pocket or pants pocket and less easily seen, AND quicker to get a hit from. With the VG an LE officer might think you are just using a tobacco pipe with the VG, but in my opinion the LB is better in this respect because it just plain takes less time to get a hit and there's no lighter involved.

Also, if you are going to use it where there is wind: the LB wins again.

Are you a pipe smoker? If so, the VG is very nice for those who like "smoking a pipe". When my friend and I are together, we use both, and being a former mj pipe smoker I like vaping in the VG just for the feel of it, and also for the bigger thicker hits. (though you CAN get a light hit very easily with the VG if you choose to, once you get the technique down)

Another factor is this: With the VG you can vape hash and other concentrates, which I would not advise in the LB as it will likely gum up the screen and not work well in any case as the temp is not high enough for sticky hash. With the VG the screen is relatively easy to replace or clean, and with the LB it is not.

Oh, also the LB has a lifetime warranty. On the other hand, the VG is pretty indestructible as well.

You already mentioned the price, and really you will probably need to buy more/ better batteries as well, for your LB. While you can certainly get by with the 2 that come with the LB kit, 4 is a better quantity for regular usage, and since it really works much better with brand new FRESH batteries, it's good to rotate through 4 or so...

So, to me, those are the main issues that denote the differences, aside from the price, as you mentioned.

IF I had to choose just one, and I were going to mostly use it indoors at home or at a friend's home, I would probably choose the VG just because you can adjust the thickness of the hit better and get bigger clouds of vapor and you can even combust too if you want, with the same pipe.

However, since I do use it "in public" ocassionally, and do like to carry it in a small pocket, I also love the LB and would not want to be without it. So both are excellent. I'd plan on getting one, then later getting the other! ;)

MoeOnTheMoon,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
lo said:
[edited] To me the LB wins hands down for stealth portable between the two but I don't like the whole lighter fume thing in my stuff.
I wanted to mention that one way around the butane issue is to use Hemp wick instead. You light the hemp wick and then you can use the hemp wick to light your VG. It's pretty economical if you buy a quantity, and you're promoting the hemp industry which is a good thing.

http://www.beelinehawaii.com/

MoeOnTheMoon,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
my :2c:

With the VG, you will never spend another dime except on lighters or butane.

With the LB, someday you will need to replace the batteries, and maybe get more right out of the gate. Also, that being said, you will need to keep track of having batteries charged for use, etc. I love that they are coming out with a power adapter so this is not an issue at home or in the car.

------------------------

I think the VG is capable of bigger, thicker hits.

------------------------

I use the VG when outdoors and alone and with no wind.

The LB can be used anytime, anywhere, with incredible stealth. When going to a party or someone's house that may not be mj friendly, I bring the LB because it is little and produces little smell.

---------------------

The VG hits like a pipe, and that can be cool for people trying to vape and quit smoking.

The LB is so unique and endearing it is hard to list all the qualities. But some are that it is small, you can watch your herb cook, it can pack more herb for bigger sessions and the company is first class to deal with.

-------------------------

In short, if money were not an issue, I would go with the LB. I think it is the absolutely coolest thing on the market. If money is extremely tight then the VG is the answer, otherwise I would get the LB all day long.

stickstones,

Acaseofchaos

U guys have convinced me. I am going to get a MFLB. I do plan on using it in semi-public places/ at night where lighter would be seen easily. If something does happen to the screen, would i have to take a picture of it and email the pic in or would i have to send it back in?

I can spend the 30 dollars on the LB and say its my X-max present lol :). Plus with money coming in from X mas, i should be able to afford it without losing any money. I believe im getting a check/ money for cod MW2, but i will get this instead and play COD4 and not give a shit cause im so baked.

Acaseofchaos,

sundaddy

You have made a wise decision. You are now a vaping :ninja:
BTW to the other guy, email magicflight if you want tee shirts, I'm not sure how much they cost, but they've got 'em.

sundaddy,

Acaseofchaos

I love that they are coming out with a power adapter so this is not an issue at home or in the car.

i read somewhere that one of those would cost about 80 dollars by itself... idk if that was in the past or if they improved it so it would be cheaper, but i wouldnt expect it to be cheap.

Acaseofchaos,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I just got my LB today, and at first I wasnt too impressed. Ive been a big fan of my VG since my Iolite pooped (and since I got my VG tech down pat) But after taking it by my buddies house to show him, Im hooked. I love BOTH of my portable vapes but for different reasons. And honestly, BOTH of them took a second before they grew on me. Now they both rule.

As for a review of the LB - I LOVE IT!!

AGBeer,

polutropos

Hey, just wondering if this great little vape has enough metal in it to set off the metal detector when travelling. Anybody have any experience with this?
Thanks!

polutropos,

SmokeTheState

Smokey The State Bear
Few questions for those who have ordered a MFLB recently.

I was planning to grab one from vapenow so I could use the FC discount and grab a few other things I need.

I saw that a few pages back, somone got a beta unit through vapenow. Has anyone else had this problem?

And does anyone know if MFLB grants a warranty through vapenow or only if you order from their site?

In the end, its not that huge of a difference, but I love my gas money ;)

SmokeTheState,

Acaseofchaos

vapeworld.com has a 12% discount if u enter FC12 as a coupon. FC= fuck combustion 12= 12% off. It also comes with a free grinder too, which is nice. After the discount, the MFLB is only like... 78 dollars. This is how i am getting the MFLB, it has extremely fast shipping too (like... 4 dollars for 2-3 day shipping). After getting the 4 dollars for faster shipping, the price is still under 88 dollars :)

Acaseofchaos,

SmokeTheState

Smokey The State Bear
Thanks case!

Does Magic Flight offer a warranty on models bought through vapeworld?
I sure hope so. Things do fail, and if I am in that small percentile, I want to be covered.

SmokeTheState,

Acaseofchaos

Yea i will probably send them an email asking. If nobody posts what the warranty covers by that time, i will post the response.

Acaseofchaos,

SmokeTheState

Smokey The State Bear
Acaseofchaos said:
Yea i will probably send them an email asking. If nobody posts what the warranty covers by that time, i will post the response.
Did you get yours yet? I'm wondering if I upgrade the shipping, if I can get it before the 29th.
Im trying to find if they ship UPS or USPS.

SmokeTheState,

Acaseofchaos

"The warranty covers all forms of functional damage, including user
errors, drops, etc. It does not cover lost or stolen units. You
would need to contact us or BlissSville.com to fulfill the warranty.
The warranty applies regardless of where purchased.

-- Magic-flight"

Acaseofchaos,

SmokeTheState

Smokey The State Bear
Bought, and BOUGHT.

I have a condition that can be pretty dehibilitating on somedays. A snap or 2 every few hours makes all the difference in how I can go about my day. On these days, I am pretty much relegated to where I can safely smoke.

Everyone gets to go to the city, or a concert, or disneyland, and because I don't feel well that day and can't smoke in these places, I am stuck at home.

Anyways, can't wait to get a little freedom back in my life. I love the simplicity of the product, that and the warranty had me sold from the start.

SmokeTheState,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Yes vapeworld is authorized to sell and the warranty is lifetime. Each box has a serial number for Magic Flight to identify it :D Good luck!!!

Lo,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
Acaseofchaos said:
vapeworld.com has a 12% discount if u enter FC12 as a coupon. FC= fuck combustion 12= 12% off. It also comes with a free grinder too, which is nice. After the discount, the MFLB is only like... 48 dollars. This is how i am getting the MFLB, it has extremely fast shipping too (like... 4 dollars for 2-3 day shipping). After getting the 4 dollars for faster shipping, the price is still under 88 dollars :)
Did you mean $84, not $48?

MoeOnTheMoon,

SmokeTheState

Smokey The State Bear
MoeOnTheMoon said:
Acaseofchaos said:
vapeworld.com has a 12% discount if u enter FC12 as a coupon. FC= fuck combustion 12= 12% off. It also comes with a free grinder too, which is nice. After the discount, the MFLB is only like... 48 dollars. This is how i am getting the MFLB, it has extremely fast shipping too (like... 4 dollars for 2-3 day shipping). After getting the 4 dollars for faster shipping, the price is still under 88 dollars :)
Did you mean $84, not $48?
He sure does, just bought one last night in the midnight hours.

Vapeworld mailed it out today, at that price. I got priority, I can't believe they sent it out on christmas eve!!!!! Should be here by new years, those guys are amazing!

SmokeTheState,

Acaseofchaos

Its 78, i was using the keypad and the 7 is right above the 4. Whats even more surprising was that i was emailing quite late last night and they were still emailing back.

Acaseofchaos,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
I don't know how you guys managed to get it here before christmas, but this fucking rules I think I got the confirmation email like 2 days ago. Merry christmas Imma go home and open er up!!
I've got some trinity county cheese I think will taste real niice.

thanks again magic flight!!

bluntfaced,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I remember reading that there was an initial 'break in' period where your blend tends to get combustion. Anyone have a ball park of how long this usually lasts? I forgot, and honestly Im too zooted to scour back through the pages. :p

AGBeer,

vape4health

stickstones said:
let me know what you think, vape4health...there seems to be a consistent opinion on this.
Opened it to test out befor I take it in the morning , family stuff ALL day , good thing I got 4 extra batts and a batch of strong brownies :brow: :ko:

I have only vaped one trench so this is less of a review and more to tell stickstones about the bad ass light . At first I was kinda :( about the light , I didnt want some light to mess with the stealth , not even a issue , with about 1/4 to 1/2 trench full the light is almost gone . Now I dont have to wait and see if a battery is dead , just stick it in and check the light .

I got a tiny bit of burn on my first trench but its the first time with new batts , after I get it figured out again I'll be super happy .

Just packed the beta and tried it with the new battery , I took 2 hits and it worked just like it has , I dumped that trench into the new box and used the same battery and its still burning it . From only a few time's ( I'll post again after I'm sure ) the new box seems to run alot hotter . I just tried an old battery in the new box and it sure does seem hotter then the beta , I will try some lower amp batteries if I can't get it to stop burning but I think I just need to readjust my draw .

Sticks , I gotta say the light alone is worth it to me .

vape4health,

reece

vape4health and AGBeer,

The break in period was a few days for me. I inhaled much faster than normal to stop combustion. Once I got the draw rate down the box stop running hot. I also didn't use it much during that time so the break in time could be a lot less if you're using The Box more often.

reece,

vape4health

Thanks reece , this is the first time I remember :brow: reading about a break in for the box. I'll have to compair the beta and the new box again after I get it good and worked in with that oil .

vape4health,
Top Bottom