B.

War Criminal
MF-thank you for the amazing response.

Thanks to everyone else for their responses.

My LB has officially been shipped, I feel like a little kid at christmas, i can't wait. Monday at the latest.

B.,

B.

War Criminal
My LB arrived about an hour ago :D

Thanks to this thread, I got it right on my first trench. It got me nicely buzzed. I very loosely filled it just below the ridge of the trench and got 4 or 5 very nice hits. I could have gotten more, but I like to leave a little love in my ABV. The first hit tasted amazing. The second pretty good. The rest, although they weren't as magical as the first, didn't taste bad, they just didn't taste like much.

I'm super impressed. It's sooooooo small. I'm going out to the bars tonight, I can't wait to blow my friends minds. They don't know I have it, or even what a LB is. Hard as I try, they haven't embraced vaping yet. Maybe the LB will turn the tide :cool:

To no longer be tied to a wall outlet or the inverter that lives in my car's cigarette lighter is incredible.

B.

B.,

philmcneal

vap3 master
haha do you have a vaporgenie? if so how would you compare vs that since they are in similar price points...

did you had to pay duty if you live in Canada?

philmcneal,

Monsoon

philmcneal said:
haha do you have a vaporgenie? if so how would you compare vs that since they are in similar price points...

I asked the question earlier in the thread and someone said it's about $10-15 (you don't always get charged and it should be $5+GST) and about 5-8 days for shipping. I'm probably ordering it soon so I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Monsoon,

chloe

the first time I had to pay rought 10-15....don't remember anymore...but that was 1 unit

2nd time when i got 2 units...didn't get charged any duty..i'm assuming it's just random whether they inspect or not

chloe,

B.

War Criminal
philmcneal said:

I don't live in Canada, don't know about duty. Ordered it last wednesday, and it made it from California to Chicago by saturday.

I don't have a vapor genie either, but I did own a vapor buddy, which I've heard is a bad rip off of the vapor genie. It has a ceramic deal that you suck a flame into and it heats the air, but it tastes nasty. But not nastier than smoke. If the vapor genie has a cleaner taste, than I would call it a competitor, but I'd have to declare the LB the winner because it doesn't use a lighter, it's super stealthy, and it's easy to use. And if you use it right, I would imagine it can be super efficient. I've only had it for two days though, so who knows. I did just vape a couple of small trenches where I just barely covered the screen, and I'm baked :D

Has anyone harvested what looks to be a wand hash type buildup on the plexiglass cover? Any techniques or tips?

B.,

annaK

i recently ordered a LB -- can't wait to try it out!

Can someone recommend some batteries? I'm currently considering the Energizer 15minute charger with the Energizer 2500ma batteries....

have anyone come across any other batteries that are better or cheaper?

annaK,

sundaddy

Alright guys, got my MFLB in 2 days!!! Thanks to reading about it for months on this forum, and the pre-charged batteries I was using it correctly my first go around. I was sufficiently blasted off a miniscule amount. It has more of a smoking-type high, but there was definitely nothing burnt. It's wild how different portable vapes produce different highs. You have to get one of these if you are on the go, or like me, vaping all day at work. This is the one I'll be taking on those trips with the wife to go shopping. Very :ninja: -Awesome product from a great company! BTW I got the Duracell 15 min. charger with 4 AA's at Staples, a little loose without the labels, but I've got it down now.

sundaddy,

New_World

Cuck Fombustion
-----To the people at Magic Flight-----

With the home and car charger could you please make sure they have LED lights on them?
So when you plug them in you can see if you're getting power to the unit.

Some car's car chargers (where you remove the cig lighter) ...you have to jiggle the adapter and get it in the right position to make sure you're getting a connection so you can get electricity to your item.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say here.

Let me know if you have any questions.

New_World,

vap999

What are the options to deal with the seeming inevitable loosening up of the copper battery-contacting ring?

I've had several Launch Boxes. With use, both eventually started to act more funky in terms of the battery making contact with the ring. Probably like many others, without thinking I twist the battery to find the sweet (better contact by feel) spots. But are there any more longer-lasting solutions?

Can the copper contact ring be safety bent or pushed to be a little tighter?

Since my batteries (Duracell 2650s) fit well (moderately tight; no wiggle up-down or side-to-side room), it looks as though I could increase contact or battery access to the ring by sanding, filing, shaving ever so slightly the wood before the ring. By widening the mouth diameter this should expose more of the ring (now surrounded by wood). If nothing else, I should get more wiggle room. This seems pretty fail-safe. Has anyone tried this?

vap999,

aero18

vaporist
vap999 said:
What are the options to deal with the seeming inevitable loosening up of the copper battery-contacting ring?
Is this a real concern? I haven't bought my LB as of yet, but this point would concern me a bit because of the longevity of the product (although I do know this product has a lifetime warranty).

Is there any way to prevent the loosening up of the copper battery-contacting ring?

aero18,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
I'm on the road right now, with almost no time to respond properly, but I must warn you that when I tried to tighten up the negative terminal (the ring contact) on my prototype, I only made things worse. My solution with the six LBs I've bought and given away has been to recommend fat batteries. The 2700mAh MaHa cells are by far my favorite choice. They have almost no crimp to catch the negative ring contact when inserting and removing, and they are fat enough to never slip. They really have their rated capacity as well. My "working" Launch Box has been used daily for months, and the contact is still sure every time.

Haywood

Haywood,

Monsoon

Haywood said:
I'm on the road right now, with almost no time to respond properly, but I must warn you that when I tried to tighten up the negative terminal (the ring contact) on my prototype, I only made things worse. My solution with the six LBs I've bought and given away has been to recommend fat batteries. The 2700mAh MaHa cells are by far my favorite choice. They have almost no crimp to catch the negative ring contact when inserting and removing, and they are fat enough to never slip. They really have their rated capacity as well. My "working" Launch Box has been used daily for months, and the contact is still sure every time.

Haywood
Have you ever tried Maha Imedion batteries in The LB? I was thinking of getting them and was curious how the fit would be.

Also for any Canadians who are looking into battery chargers, the President's Choice brand of "pre-charged" batteries found at Loblaws and all the other stores they own are rebranded Sanyo Eneloops, both the batteries and the chargers. You should be able to save an extra $5-10 on a charger kit and a bit on the batteries as well.

Monsoon,

annaK

I want to buy the best (and longest lasting) batteries and charger as possible.

After reading this entire, thread I'm leaning towards:
- maha c9000 charger (1 hour charger, 4 batteries at a time)
- maha nimh 2700 batteries

However, I'm wondering if the "MAHA IMEDION AA 2100 mAh Ultra Low Discharge" might be better (if they fit snugly) since they are low discharge.... Has anyone tried the imedion batteries? I guess i could buy 4 of each, but Im not sure if I want to risk it.

annaK,

max

Out to lunch
I wouldn't hesitate to buy any MAHA product, as far as getting quality. MF recommends the SANYO ENELOOP low discharge batteries, and they also like MAHA batteries, so I'm sure either version would be fine. Same price too, from Thomas Dist. This type of battery is great when you want to keep charged batteries in reserve for extended periods of time, and still have a close to maximum charge when you need to use them. Not as useful for switching out LB batteries, but it depends on how many bats you have and what else you can use AA size for. Certainly would be useful for keeping back-up bats in your car when you're away from home.

The C9000 is the best I think, but you don't really need to spend that much. I do fine with a MAHA C204FA for less than half the price, and the La Crosse BC-900 is an excellent choice too.

max,

annaK

thanks for everyones input...

i just purchase the C9000 charger kit, which came with a case and 4 maha 2700mAh batteries.... Honestly, I've gone through so many battery chargers in the past 5 years... this time I just wanted quality, no matter the price.

I also purchased a 4 pack of the maha IMEDION AA 2100 mAh Ultra Low Discharge.... i'll let everyone know how they fit when I receive them (and the LB!). If they are no good, i'll buy some eneloops.

annaK,

Beezleb

annaK said:

i just purchase the C9000 charger kit, which came with a case and 4 maha 2700mAh batteries.... Honestly, I've gone through so many battery chargers in the past 5 years... this time I just wanted quality, no matter the price.

I also purchased a 4 pack of the maha IMEDION AA 2100 mAh Ultra Low Discharge.... i'll let everyone know how they fit when I receive them (and the LB!). If they are no good, i'll buy some eneloops.
Looking forward to reading your opinion on those. Happy vaping!

Beezleb,

Monsoon

My friend just ordered it for me (I have mail problems) and I'm really looking forward to getting it. I use an SSV now so I'll be able to do a comparison to that once I get it. I'm especially looking forward to using it when I'm out so I don't need to worry about the smell of joints or wasting herb on joints that don't seem to get me nearly as high.

Monsoon,

reece

annaK said:

Eneloops do not fit snugly. At least not on my LB. I think there are slight differences in hole size on various Boxes. I have two (one being a replacement) and the batteries I have (not stock) fit well in the replacement but fit loosely in the other.

reece,

renzal

I ordered mine this past Friday (late afternoon), got an email confirming my shipment on Saturday, and it arrived today (Tuesday) the day after a national holiday!! Here's hoping the LB impresses me as much as their level of customer service does! Thanks for all the input, guys, and of course thanks Magic Flight for simply being awesome.
:peace:

EDIT: woooooooooooooooow i'm not disappointed. :)

renzal,

philmcneal

vap3 master
hey if your travelling with the MF, is it possible to clean it out of resin before boarding a domestic flight?

philmcneal,

max

Out to lunch
max,

Monsoon

philmcneal said:
hey if your travelling with the MF, is it possible to clean it out of resin before boarding a domestic flight?
The best thing to do would be to buy a new one to bring with you. At the end of your trip you could maybe sell it off to someone or if you're generous donate it to a compassion club to give to a member.

Alternatively, you could also mail it to your hotel and then mail it back home before you leave.

Monsoon,
Top Bottom