magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Kuroth said:
I just posted my complete review on Amazon... Actually there was already 1 good review on Amazon(that is how I first found out about the LB).. MF if you see any problems or issues with my review, let me know and I can edit it...
I think it is great -- Thank You for posting it here and on Amazon!

magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Kuroth said:
sundaddy said:
I do tee shirt art for a living, since '86. I can make about anything work ...
Sundaddy if you are really serious....
He IS really serious -- submitted some absolutely terrific designs! Based on what I have see so far, we have some truly brilliant artists here on FC -- perhaps it is in the nature of vaporizing to encourage great Art?

magicflight,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I don't have mass use needs for a cord with a PD already hot all the time.... That being said, i am almost 100% certain i would buy one. Car adapter , and home cord, I'd just have to.

IAmKrazy2,

B.

War Criminal
I've been lurking this thread for quite some time, debating back and forth between the LB and the IO for my on the go needs, and I'm happy to say I pulled the trigger on the LB tonight:).

The main factor in my decision is the amazing customer service I've witnessed in this thread. While I've seen other manufacturers take part in discussions, MF has really impressed me in a way no others have.
Well done team MF. This product, and the marketing/customer service taking place on this thread, should be studied by anyone who sells a product to the public.

The runner up deciding factor is that it runs silently. I love the idea of stealthily taking down trenches in public. Is the smell really so light i could use in a movie theater? But even if the Iolite didn't hiss, I still would have prolly gone for the LB.

Can't wait for it to arrive in the mail, and I really can't wait for the power cord. Sounds awesome. I'll post my impressions soon after I get it.

Thanks everyone for the reviews and the info.

B.,

VivaSativa

MF, thank you so much!
I just tried the replacement LB that was sent to me, and now there's no doubt I had a faulty unit before :p
The herb gets a bit darker and defintely more brown than before. I'll try to bong it sometime but I don't think there's much left in it by what I'm feeling now :D
All of my friends are very impressed with your lifetime warrenty and service, and once they'll get to try my new box I won't be surprised if orders will be made :brow:

VivaSativa,

JeffK1893

I would love to beta test a destkop unit if possible. I would absolutley love to use my LB all day w/o batteries :D

Jeff

JeffK1893,

chloe

B. said:
Is the smell really so light i could use in a movie theater?
imo, Yes.
I've used it with a friend about 2-3 ft away...and they could not detect any smell (this was done indoors in a medium sized room)...typically my friend has a keen nose on smelling that stuff so that's why I asked him to participate in the experiment (he doesn't vape/smoke it though)...to be fair, in my experiment, I loaded the trench slightly below the trench line, and took 4-6 hits with a fresh battery to completion
my method of drawing for the experiment was as directed....he did mention near the end of the trench he detected a slightly burnt popcorn smell...

also from my usage you can control how thick the hits are...i've gotten thick clouds from leaving the battery in longer and drawing really slow using a freshly charged battery (just be careful not to burn it)...and you can also get light hits as well.....if you use it as directed, typically the hits are very faint in terms of visibility...there are signs of vapor being produced but you can easily let the vapor out slowly to really make it less visible

if I were you, I'd definitely experiment with someone so you feel more comfortable with the smell and vapor produced from the unit...

I would not hesitate to use this in the theatre or a public setting

chloe,
Reactions: L o s

Mojo

Hey ,

A little up on my last question ( Why , for some , LB could not be regular and/or home vapo ? )

==> Any other reason except Battery autonomy and friends sharing ( soon solved via adaptator as i understand )

Thanks

Mojo,

chloe

Mojo said:
Hey ,

A little up on my last question ( Why , for some , LB could not be regular and/or home vapo ? )

==> Any other reason except Battery autonomy and friends sharing ( soon solved via adaptator as i understand )

Thanks
i think with the adapter the LB can now be considered as a main/home vape assuming the adapter works as described without any critical flaws.....the advantages I get from my warez that I can think of off hand is the following:

pros for the warez:
* loads more herb
* for my purposes I have a hookah wand so sharing is easier to facilitate as each person has their own whip and can draw at any time (assuming 2 people)
* slightly easier in that i just pick up the mouthpiece and draw vs making a connection with the adapter and then drawing (depending on how ergonomic this adapter is in terms of how easy it makes the connection or how hot it gets etc...it may or may not be an issue)

pros for the LB as a standalone:
* shaking a box is easier than stirring with a stick
* less electricity used
* heats up quicker altho the warez once heated stays heated (at the expense of more electricity usage)
* efficiency is up for debate (if one argues that the warez gets thicker hits but at the expense of wasted vapor)
* quicker setup
* more portable (easier to move room to room)

personally I think with the addition of the adapter this can definitely be used as a home vape (altho it's yet to be seen)...I'll probably still use both depending on the situation...but to answer your question, I can't think of a good reason why the LB + adapter cannot be used as a home/main vape

chloe,

B.

War Criminal
Magic Flight

After reading through most of this thread and the beta thread I've noticed you seem to have a more complete understanding of the nature of vapor than I do. I have always vaped in the same manner I smoked, but it seem that maybe I need to rethink this strategy. I've always just taken big ol rips off any vape I use, but maybe bigger isn't better with vapor.

Is it true that when exhaling, visible vapor is wasted vapor? Is it better to take many smaller hits where no visible vapor is produced, and it can be held in longer and be more completely absorbed?

A little off topic, sorry, but I had to ask.

B.

B.,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
If you are satisfied with the LB's performance on a daily basis, I don't see why the power adapter wouldn't make it a good home vape as well. It's solid state-like construction make it hard to break from lots of use, just accidents.

stickstones,

aero18

vaporist
B. said:
Is it true that when exhaling, visible vapor is wasted vapor? Is it better to take many smaller hits where no visible vapor is produced, and it can be held in longer and be more completely absorbed?
Yes and yes.

aero18,

reece

B. said:
Is it true that when exhaling, visible vapor is wasted vapor?

That seems to be the general consensus around here. But I have yet to see anything more than opinions on the matter. However, I did see a post (can't remember the thread) where a guy said some vapor cannot be absorbed because the molecules are too big. I don't know much about these things but he "seemed" like he knew what he was talking about (so he must have been right ;) ).

From my own experience, I don't get any higher when I hold it in. I do, as with smoking, seem to get higher when I have a good cough. But I think that is more about oxygen deprivation, which could also be the case when holding the hit for a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
reece,

max

Out to lunch
As far as holding hits getting you more than with a quick exhale, it depends to some extent on how much vapor you're inhaling. With a bong style vape, or using one with a vape to get bigger hits, you can inhale an extremely large quanity of vapor. You'll never convince me that you can exhale a huge cloud of vapor, after not holding it any longer than it takes to fill your lungs, and still absorb all the THC and cannabinoids. Even with smoke, where it make sense to me that it gets absorbed quicker than with vapor, people have proven that 2nd hand smoke gets you high. All you have to do is exhale into a bag and let someone inhale nothing but the exhaled smoke in the bag. It does get you high, so even with smoke there are still actives in the exhale. Same with vapor. TokinGLX, a veteran vaporist, has stated that he's often gotten his GF high from his exhaled vapor.

Now if you're using something like the Launch Box, where you don't usually get big hits unless you hold the heat long enough to get into the higher temp range, it doesn't make nearly as much difference IMO. You also have to consider that when you are in a higher temp range, with any vape, that THC and some other cannabinoids will vaporize at a lower temp, and that an exhale of high temp vapor will mean losing mostly the compounds that take a high temp to vaporize, including some that don't really benefit you as far as being psychoactive, analgesic or sedative. Even the useful high temp compounds are only sedative and analgesic (pain relief). No THC at high temps. It's already vaped.

max,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
B. said:
Is it true that when exhaling, visible vapor is wasted vapor?
Is it better to take many smaller hits where no visible vapor is produced,
and it can be held in longer and be more completely absorbed?
Hi,

To add some more to what Max and Reece, etc, have said, I agree that it depends as much on how deeply you inhale as it does on how long you hold it in. Filling ones lungs fully, drawing deeply all of the way in so as to get the vapor all of the way into the lower lungs is far more practical than holding a smaller volume of vapor only in the upper lungs and throat for any amount of time. The throat and the larger upper channels of the lungs are very poor absorbers -- the real work is done in the deeper passages of the lungs. To truly take a hit, you must fully receive it into yourself.

With our breath there are three factors we can control: 1) how fast, 2) how deep, and 3) how long. For example, to get more oxygen, the body has a natural response -- the yawn -- which specifically is a deeper breath, not a faster one or one 'held in' longer. To adsorb even more oxygen (hyperventilate), the key is to breath both more quickly and more deeply, with the deep depth being the more important factor (note: you can breathe fast and shallow without any effect). The factors that increase the ability of the lungs to adsorb THC are exactly the same as those needed to improve oxygen adsorption. Molecule size, kind, mass, etc, makes absolutely no difference to this proportionality.

There are certain psycho-physiological effects also. With a bong, the wide shape of the mouthpiece naturally encourages the user to take deeper hits farther into the lungs (the mouth is open in the same manner as with a yawn). Drawing on a narrow tube, the user has to specifically and mentally overcome the bodies natural tendency to take only a short breath (as in 'sipping') -- one that fills only the throat, and hence will be very poorly adsorbed. To get the same effect out of the Box as with a bong, we instruct users to take long slow deeply drawn hits. The slowness is for the Box heating characteristics -- the longness is so that the user takes a deep hit, fully into the deep passages of the lungs, so as to get full value for their effort.

We recommend that Box users first learn how to control the temp in the Box by controlling their draw rate, and then work to take fewer, much longer and deeper draws. With practice, you will find that filling the lungs thoroughly and completely in one hit is far more powerful and effective than taking the same exact volume of vapor in multiple smaller hits. Depending on your lung capacity, with most Boxes a good draw will last 15 to 25 seconds. However, be sure to have completely mastered temp control before attempting to increase your draw time -- otherwise you will find yourself coughing.

Also, since we are on the subject, the reports that I have seen indicate that 95% of whatever is going to be adsorbed will have done so within the first 2 seconds of actual vapor contact with the bronchial passages. This means that the clock starts only at the moment one has completely filled their lungs, and not before. It is also important to recognize that this does not mean that everything that is in a single breath is going to be adsorbed, no matter how long you hold it -- it only states that most of whatever is going to happen will do so in the first 2 seconds. Vapor that is held in the throat and in the larger lung passages will not really be adsorbed into the body no matter how long you wait (wrong kind of tissue) -- and exhaling these into a bag for someone else to use will allow them to get some also.

As such, really sophisticated hitting technique (optimal adsorption efficiency) with the Box involves several stages:

- 1; You take a few full extra deep breaths at a normal rate to pre-charge your body with
extra oxygen and to get a good sense of your available lung capacity.

- 2; The battery is put fully in and heating starts. The temperature begins climbing quickly in the Box.
You watch for vapor by looking strait down the Box vapor channel (down the draw hole -- NOTE: Be
sure to hold the Box horizontally throughout this process so that the material in the tray does not
all fall down to one end of the screen -- this leads to uneven heating and poor taste).

- 3; Two or three seconds later, the temp in the Box is about right and the you begin drawing
at first slowly, and then only a little faster, adjusting your draw rate depending on the sensed
temp and taste. For maximum sensitivity, using the Box in its Native configuration is ideal.

- 4; The long slow draw continues until you begin to sense that you have reached about 80% or so
of your lung capacity (perhaps 15 seconds later), at which point you pull the battery back slightly
to stop the heating. You continue your draw at a somewhat faster rate so as to capture all of
the remaining vapor still being formed in the Box and to assist it in cooling off.

- 5; Four or five seconds later, the Box is cool and no longer producing vapor. At this point you
continue to breath the rest of the way in, filling your lungs completely and ensuring that all of the
remaining vapor (the 'vapor tail') is moved from your throat into your deep lungs were it will do
some good.

- 6; You hold your breath, lungs completely full, for about two seconds and then you breath
out naturally through your nose. This allows you to savor any remaining flavor and to
know exactly how much of a hit you have just taken. You can breathe normally again.

- 7; You shake the Box, noticing and ensuring an even mixing. Turning the Box upside down,
tapping sharply, and shaking side to side (with the Box still upside down) is usually sufficient
to ensure that all material is released from the screen and that larger chunks are broken up.
Righting the Box again, you shake side to side again to settle the material in the tray.

- 8; Take note of the color of the material in the Box. If it is green, go back to step 1 and take
a few more deep breaths.

On this forum, there has been a lot of attention paid to the inherent efficiency of the vaporizers used. For optimal results, equal attention needs to be paid to the inherent efficiency of the user technique. Good user technique can sometimes make even a poorly designed vaporizer work well, and with a moderately good vaporizer, can really make it zing!

The technique outlined above specifically for the Box has a number of advantages. For one thing, because no vapor is ever emitted directly from the Box to the air, the level of smell associated with the device remains at a true minimum. Also, because nearly all of the vapor is deeply adsorbed into the body, the user does not emit much smell either. Because the battery is only being used whole producing vapor, the effective usefulness of a battery charge is significantly extended also (energy efficiency). Also, the deep breath in the beginning (step 1) ensures that you have enough oxygen in your body so that the whole process feels more natural.

Finally, in regards to visibility, if you see anything on the exhale associated with step 6 above, it is very likely that you are running the Box too hot and that you need to drawing slightly faster during steps 3 and 4. Whatever you see is going to be either 1) condensing vapor (very light and milky) which is now no longer accessible (wasted THC) or 2) particulate matter (smoke) which is unnecessary and bad for your health. If it is only vapor that you see on exhale, you need to judge your lung capacity lower in step 4 and ensure that you leave enough time for the Box to cool and enough remaining breath for you to fully capture the vapor tail in your deep lungs. If it is smoke that you see, you need to be drawing faster or sooner -- don't wait as long to start drawing in step 3 and practice your breath and rate control until you can ensure that you can maintain an even taste.

Also, under no circumstances should the battery ever be in the Box when no one is drawing on it for more than about 3 seconds -- something to be aware of if you are ever in a group and passing the Box. A lot of people pass a Box when it is 'on' to a new user and then explain how to use it -- all the while the Box is overheating the herb and when the new user does finally take a taste, it is way too hot and harsh. A much better approach is to show how to put the battery in, hand the Box over without the battery completely in and explain that a long slow draw is required. Let the new user push the battery in and take their hit -- as soon as its done, take the Box back from them and withdraw the battery, showing them that it is necessary to do so. Ensure that each person in a group applies and withdraws the battery individually BEFORE letting them pass the Box around hot.

As always, questions on any of this are welcome.

-- Magic-flight

magicflight,

chloe

great post MF....I also had a theory of getting the vapor to the bottom of the lungs for better absorption....I actually do all of those steps you've listed as my regular routine for using the LB except the breathing it out through your nose as that makes me sneeze.....

and I've also had the box being passed around with the battery still intact resulting in burnt herb...I guess under the influence a newbie may have a hard time remembering the rules of usage :)

thanks for the post

chloe,

aero18

vaporist
Another good technique is to let the vapor out of your lungs slowly and after about 20-30 percent of it has been exhaled, to inhale fresh air back into the lungs. This cyclical process has worked quite well with me.

aero18,

New_World

Cuck Fombustion
If you guys come out with the car charger and home charger, I'm buying one.

Your warranty is Awesome!

Also why don't you sell the quick charging battery and chargers yourself as an upgrade if you don't want to sell them with it b/c of cost reasons.
It would be great if it was a one stop shop.

New_World,
Top Bottom