DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
I love the fact that not only does Magic Flight have some seriously excellent customer service, but they actually listen to their customers and constantly work at improving their products by incorporating ideas from others. The upcoming power module sounds great and Sundaddy did a really nice job on the t-shirt design-very nice... I will be ordering one as well.

I know I sound like a sales person here but my PD and Extreme have both sat cold for months now and I use this little box as my main vape at home and on the road because it just works so damn well. IMO [read my opinion], the Launch Box hits harder with the same amount of green than both the PD and Extreme. For some reason I feel like I am getting more out of my herb when using the Launch Box. The easy draw, simple breath control, quick start and finish and easy cleanup make it a pleasure to use.

DeepFried,

sundaddy

Thank you for the compliments on the shirt design, yeah I wanted to do something that didn't give away what the MFLB did, just something us vape fiends would recognize. Imagine if all customer service was as good as MF's, what a great world that would be! I think as more people get on board with vaping, MF's business is gonna explode. I think the rechargeable battery companies will get quite a boost as well. Stay Vaked!-Sundaddy

sundaddy,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Re: the Box Light:
Mojo said:
Once known if box is "on" or not, is a push-button still needed?
The same question was asked at the MF Lab. We are electing to still put one in for the power adapter as it may make the Box easier to use with one hand. Having a push-button (which must be depressed to turn the power adapter 'on') will also minimize the possibility of accidentally leaving the Box heating for long periods of time (this is important). Note that the button affects only the power adapter -- the battery works just the same as it always has.

Mojo said:
I would highly like to order now .... but would appreciate the little light .... if really stealthy ... and i have to add 1 or 2 weeks delivery for France ....
Ah -- a question of timing. Well, if you order a Box directly from our BlissSville.com distributor and specifically request a Box with a Light, I will see that one will be made available to you (since you will need to order now to be sure to have it in time for your trip). We do have some Boxes on hand with the lights in them. I would also love to be able to send you an adapter also, unfortunately, they are simply not ready yet. The adapter can be shipped later (it should be compatible with any Box).

As for the stealth qualities, the light is small -- more of a glow really -- and is fully inside the Box and under the screen in the back. The only places you can see it is if you are looking into the Bowl or into the draw hole. If you are using the overhand drawing technique, it is completely hidden. I will try to see if I can get some pictures posted later today.

-- Magic-flight

magicflight,

aero18

vaporist
I just bought the vape yesterday before you revealed the light. Would it be fine if I email you about my order to be changed to the newer version? My order number is 575 and still pending.

aero18,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
aero18 said:
I just bought the vape yesterday before you revealed the light. Would it be fine if I email you about my order to be changed to the newer version? My order number is 575 and still pending.
I have a call in to S&R -- It will probably work out if it has not shipped already.

magicflight,

aero18

vaporist
Just wanted to let everyone know how wonderful the people are at Magic-Flight.com. I emailed Ariel requesting the light version to be put into the order instead of the regular box. I got a response back saying that Ariel read my email right before sending it off to the post office and took the time to repackage my order with the new model before sending it out!

These people really do care about others. I am really thankful for their respect and service.

EDIT: They even put a free charged battery in with my package :)

aero18,

Monsoon

I look forward to your review aero18 since you'll probably be one of the ones here with a lighted box.

Monsoon,

aero18

vaporist
Monsoon said:
I look forward to your review aero18 since you'll probably be one of the ones here with a lighted box.
It is supposed to arrive Wednesday but I won't be able to have a proper review done until the following day. Thursday is the day when I turn most of my work into the professors and am tested on some material. I have classes from 8:30-6 with few brakes in between.

But let me tell you, that relaxation after 6 will be well deserved. :brow:

aero18,

Desi

Oh noooo, just my luck... I order last Friday (hasn't arrived yet as I'm in Canada) and now the box comes out with a light! Sounds pretty nice though. I can't wait for my unit to come, as I'm dying to try it... been addicted to this forum checking it hourly! :lol:

The main reason I order is because of this thread and the superior customer service I am reading about.

The new t-shirt looks really good too, will probably order one with a power adapter when it comes out.

Desi,

chloe

wow..really like the tshirt design..

MF, totally dig the hidden light with the idea of a pushbutton.....

i hope you guys get it to work as a push button...i think that would be really good...maybe more safe too depending on if the adapter gets hot...i'm not a fan of pushing hot batteries in the hole....

chloe,

tomitface

i got mine on thursday, and mine DID come with a light, and let me say its VERY stealthy. its quite dim and barley noticable unless your looking straight through the mouthpeice. great as a battery indicator.

on a side note, after three days of use i have noticed that the stems are very quickly getting gunked with condensation. i hate when i see "honey" collecting on the side of the stems, always reminds me thats going into my lungs too:rolleyes:

tomitface,

Monsoon

tomitface said:
i got mine on thursday, and mine DID come with a light, and let me say its VERY stealthy. its quite dim and barley noticable unless your looking straight through the mouthpeice. great as a battery indicator.

on a side note, after three days of use i have noticed that the stems are very quickly getting gunked with condensation. i hate when i see "honey" collecting on the side of the stems, always reminds me thats going into my lungs too:rolleyes:
I wonder how many went out with a light then. My order was shipped on Wednesday so it was after yours. I guess it depends what they have on hand. I don't care too much if it comes without since I'm used to using a vape and people have done fine without one up till now

You should be able to clean the stem with some iso alcohol and maybe a cotton swab. The honey is likely pure thc/cannbinoids so I wouldn't think of it as something nasty. It's probably better for you than breathing in dust which you probably do a lot without knowing.

Monsoon,

aero18

vaporist
tomitface said:

You should post some pictures of it!

aero18,

sneezyjesus

Lightly Toasted
magicflight said:
sneezyjesus said:
I can deal with and even like the qualities of using the battery as the push-button, but when in a group with more than one or to people ... I was hoping the adapter could have a switch
This makes a lot of sense. There was a completed design for the power module which had started test, but it did not have a push-button -- since it was about the same size and shape as a battery, and thus worked the same way. However, due to the recurring requests for a push-button for the power module, it is getting reworked to see if something can be added. No promises yet, but it is definitely getting looked at.

Also, for those who have been asking about a light, we have started putting them into Boxes. They will be available at around the same time that we release the desktop power adapter. This should solve the problem of determining if the Box is "on" or not, how charged your batteries are, etc.

Another bit of news is that the power module will come with its own cord, independent of the fast charger. The fast charger accessory will be released somewhat later, as its own item -- probably in December (planned). We are hoping to have the power module and car adapter available by the end of this month (around Nov 1).

-- Magic-flight
Thanks very much for considering putting a pb in! I have to say, I've been impressed again and again by Mf's style of interacting and assisting their customers. Kudos :cool:
The light also sounds like a great, that much more of an assurance, but not any large leap in complexity. This would also coincidentally (?) further the lighter metaphor mentioned above and below.
Keep up the amazing work MF team, I'm so impressed with your customer service, your product, and with the speed of which you've worked to improve your product.

Monsoon and Mojo,
Monsoon hit my thoughts dead on with his first and second comment; as the MFLB is now, the action of pushing in the battery is almost similar to using a lighter:
Pushing the battery in is bringing the flame to the bowl, and taking the batters out is bringing the flame away from the bowl. But its more, imho, like using a match with a bowl than a lighter. The physical act of bringing the power source away from the bowl is what stops the process, but the power source still has potential energy. With a lighter, and with a pushbutton acting similarly, the power source is stopped not by a subsequent action but by removing a force on the pushbutton itself.

Too Long;Didn't Read:
With a ligher and a pushbutton, going from hitting it to a standby state of mind, say falling asleep at home or focusing too much on the road in a car, will result in the process stopping itself.
A match or a simple battery would not. That being said, in stealth or even discrete situations the battery fits the bill perfectly; I would want that exactly how it is now.
One handed-->automatic power off use would also be a huge plus.

Just throwing a big ol' batch of :2c: out there though, I don't doubt, no worries :)
I'll like the LB in whatever incarnation it finalizes itself in, that's for sure.

sneezyjesus,

New_World

Cuck Fombustion
t-shirts look great!

Also I am amazed how fast Magic Flight responds to what their customers want and keep improving the already great product!

Wow!

New_World,

Monsoon

New_World said:
whats the max and min temp the Launch Box will operate at?
I believe the optimal temperature is 385F which of course depends on breath control. not sure what the min/max is though.

Monsoon,

txholla

magic-flight,

Long time lurker here. This thread has convinced me to get a Launch Box, but I was wondering if I should wait or not for the new power module. I obviously want to get the best deal I can and I want all of the new features mentioned. The light seems like a welcome addition.

Thanks for your great customer service in advance.

txholla,

aero18

vaporist
txholla said:
magic-flight,

Long time lurker here. This thread has convinced me to get a Launch Box, but I was wondering if I should wait or not for the new power module. I obviously want to get the best deal I can and I want all of the new features mentioned. The light seems like a welcome addition.

Thanks for your great customer service in advance.
Magic-Flight answered my question which was the same as yours. He said that there is no need to wait for the new power module since the cost will be the same across the board.

aero18,

Mojo

( preparing my order ... )

Has anyone already tested the portable grinder on sale on blisssville ? ( there's no pic !! )

edit : .... And what about the silicone WHIP tube ? ( instead of a straight stem ? )

Thanks

Mojo,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
personally I got the silicone whip and find it useless, the short peg is my favorite.. get an extra of those instead.

DeepFried,

aero18

vaporist
DeepFried said:
personally I got the silicone whip and find it useless, the short peg is my favorite.. get an extra of those instead.
I'm sure you can use it in a stealthy way, like having the box in the pocket of a coat on the inside. The extra whip would be flexible and easy to take a toke than to have the box in your face while you are at it.

aero18,
Top Bottom